How can you count if the same word has been used in a Spreadsheet?

i.e. a standard spreadsheet has a list of different names (random) and I want
to do a 'word count' as such e.g. how many times 'Donnelly' appears in the
spreadsheet.
0
donners6 (7)

Hi donners6,

Assuming there are NO Names that you want to Find in Column "A", Insert
this Formula in Cell "A1" :-
=COUNTIF(B:IV,"=Donnelly")

Hope this Helps.
All the Best.
Paul

"=?Utf-8?B?ZG9ubmVyczY=?=" <donners6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> i.e. a standard spreadsheet has a list of different names (random) and
> I want to do a 'word count' as such e.g. how many times 'Donnelly'
> appears in the spreadsheet.

If you want to find the search text also as part of text in a cell, put
this in a cell outside the range:

=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")

Otherwise leave the widcards out:

=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"text")

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

>=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")

Less "cryptic":

=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")

Biff

"Dodo" <dodo2u@-takethisNOSPAMout-freemail.nl> wrote in message
> "=?Utf-8?B?ZG9ubmVyczY=?=" <donners6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> i.e. a standard spreadsheet has a list of different names (random) and
>> I want to do a 'word count' as such e.g. how many times 'Donnelly'
>> appears in the spreadsheet.
>>

> If you want to find the search text also as part of text in a cell, put
> this in a cell outside the range:
>
> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")
>
> Otherwise leave the widcards out:
>
> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"text")
>

> --
>
> It is I, DeauDeau
> (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
biffinpitt (3172)
8/18/2005 12:59:28 AM
"Biff" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in news:OX$DXA5oFHA.2472
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> Hi!
>
>>=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")
>
> Less "cryptic":
>
> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")

Right!

But with my example you can replace "text" with e.g B1 to search for the
text entered in B1. ;-)))

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)
0
Dodo
8/18/2005 1:11:40 AM
>But with my example you can replace "text" with e.g B1 to search for the
>text entered in B1. ;-)))

True!

> "Biff" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in news:OX$DXA5oFHA.2472
> @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>>>=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")
>>
>> Less "cryptic":
>>
>> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")
>>

> Right!
>
> But with my example you can replace "text" with e.g B1 to search for the
> text entered in B1. ;-)))
>

> --
>
> It is I, DeauDeau
> (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
biffinpitt (3172)
8/18/2005 1:26:25 AM
In that instance it would be more beneficial to the OP to give specific
examples, such as

=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")

or if the texct is in a cell, then use

=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&B1&"*")

otherwise the OP might be confused.

--

HTH

RP

"Dodo" <dodo2u@-takethisNOSPAMout-freemail.nl> wrote in message
> "Biff" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in news:OX$DXA5oFHA.2472
> @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> >>=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")
> >
> > Less "cryptic":
> >
> > =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")
> >

> Right!
>
> But with my example you can replace "text" with e.g B1 to search for the
> text entered in B1. ;-)))
>

> --
>
> It is I, DeauDeau
> (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
8/18/2005 7:47:42 AM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply. I am not sure if I've been specific enough (excuse my
Excel ignorance). The column 'E' has people’s names from cell '6' onwards
(some cells can have several names). Basically I want to 'find' how many
times e.g. 'Donnelly' has been entered in that column (or whole spreadsheet).
I put your formula into 'E1' with no success...

To me it is more of a specific 'word' count that I need to do...I am not
even sure if this is available in 'Word' (another question!)...

Thanks for your help,
Paul

"Paul Black" wrote:

> Hi donners6,
>
> Assuming there are NO Names that you want to Find in Column "A", Insert
> this Formula in Cell "A1" :-
> =COUNTIF(B:IV,"=Donnelly")
>
> Hope this Helps.
> All the Best.
> Paul

0
donners6 (7)
8/19/2005 12:06:01 AM
Hi Dodo (fantastic name),

I entered your formula into cell 'E2' (changed the 'A2' to 'E2' and entered
"Donnelly"...no joy...see my reply to the first response by Paul Black for
some clarity...

Thanks for the response,
Paul

"Dodo" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?ZG9ubmVyczY=?=" <donners6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > i.e. a standard spreadsheet has a list of different names (random) and
> > I want to do a 'word count' as such e.g. how many times 'Donnelly'
> > appears in the spreadsheet.
> >

> If you want to find the search text also as part of text in a cell, put
> this in a cell outside the range:
>
> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")
>
> Otherwise leave the widcards out:
>
> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"text")
>

> --
>
> It is I, DeauDeau
> (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
donners6 (7)
8/19/2005 12:12:02 AM
Thanks Biff,

Yep, gave these a go...no joy...

See, my reply to the first reply from Paul Black for more clarity...

Much appreciated,
Paul

"Biff" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> >=COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")
>
> Less "cryptic":
>
> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")
>
> Biff
>
> "Dodo" <dodo2u@-takethisNOSPAMout-freemail.nl> wrote in message
> > "=?Utf-8?B?ZG9ubmVyczY=?=" <donners6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >
> >> i.e. a standard spreadsheet has a list of different names (random) and
> >> I want to do a 'word count' as such e.g. how many times 'Donnelly'
> >> appears in the spreadsheet.
> >>

> > If you want to find the search text also as part of text in a cell, put
> > this in a cell outside the range:
> >
> > =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&"text"&"*")
> >
> > Otherwise leave the widcards out:
> >
> > =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"text")
> >

> > --
> >
> > It is I, DeauDeau
> > (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
donners6 (7)
8/19/2005 12:56:12 AM
Thanks Bob,

Mmm, no luck though, this has gone a bit over my head...

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> In that instance it would be more beneficial to the OP to give specific
> examples, such as
>
> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")
>
> or if the texct is in a cell, then use
>
> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000;"*"&B1&"*")
>
> otherwise the OP might be confused.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Dodo" <dodo2u@-takethisNOSPAMout-freemail.nl> wrote in message
> > "Biff" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in news:OX$DXA5oFHA.2472
> > @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
> >
> > > Hi!

> > > Less "cryptic":
> > >
> > > =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")
> > >

> > Right!
> >
> > But with my example you can replace "text" with e.g B1 to search for the
> > text entered in B1. ;-)))
> >

> > --
> >
> > It is I, DeauDeau
> > (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
donners6 (7)
8/19/2005 12:56:44 AM
Biff,

Yep, it has gone a bit over my head now,

Thanks anyway,
Paul

"Biff" wrote:

> >But with my example you can replace "text" with e.g B1 to search for the
> >text entered in B1. ;-)))
>
> True!
>
> Biff
>
> "Dodo" <dodo2u@-takethisNOSPAMout-freemail.nl> wrote in message
> > "Biff" <biffinpitt@comcast.net> wrote in news:OX$DXA5oFHA.2472
> > @tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:
> >
> >> Hi!

> >> Less "cryptic":
> >>
> >> =COUNTIF(A2:Z35000,"*text*")
> >>

> > Right!
> >
> > But with my example you can replace "text" with e.g B1 to search for the
> > text entered in B1. ;-)))
> >

> > --
> >
> > It is I, DeauDeau
> > (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
donners6 (7)
8/19/2005 12:57:14 AM

> Hi Dodo (fantastic name),

Yeh, I'm extinct! ;-)))

> I entered your formula into cell 'E2' (changed the 'A2' to 'E2' and
> entered "Donnelly"...no joy...see my reply to the first response by
> Paul Black for some clarity...

I suppose your separator is , (if not replace the , in the following
example with your local separator which here in NL is ; which I forgot to
replace in my earlier examples, sorry).

You have to enter the formula in a cell outside the area you are searching!

So, suppose the search range is columns A:D (this will search the columns
top to bottom; if not desired you have to make it a range like e.g.
A2:D34).

Then you can enter in cell E2:

=COUNTIF(A:D,"*"&E3&"*")

Then in cell E3 you can enter the search term: Donnelly (no quotes!) and
you will see the result in cell E2.
So, do not enter the search term in the same cell as where you entered the
formula!
(If that is what happened.)

I do not know your level of experience with Excel so in case I made some
assumptions about your Excel skills that irritate you, I apologize in
advance!

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)
0
Dodo
8/19/2005 10:01:55 AM
Hi Dodo,

OK, let's see...the name/word 'Donnelly' is in numerous cells in column 'E'
i.e. 'E6' onwards...I've entered your formula '=COUNTIF(A:D,"*"&E3&"*")' into
cell 'E2' and 'Donnelly' into cell 'E3'...but I am still getting '0' in cell
'E2'.

Close but no cigar!

Thanks for the help,
Paul

"Dodo" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?ZG9ubmVyczY=?=" <donners6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > Hi Dodo (fantastic name),
>
> Yeh, I'm extinct! ;-)))
>
> > I entered your formula into cell 'E2' (changed the 'A2' to 'E2' and
> > entered "Donnelly"...no joy...see my reply to the first response by
> > Paul Black for some clarity...
> >

> I suppose your separator is , (if not replace the , in the following
> example with your local separator which here in NL is ; which I forgot to
> replace in my earlier examples, sorry).
>
> You have to enter the formula in a cell outside the area you are searching!
>
> So, suppose the search range is columns A:D (this will search the columns
> top to bottom; if not desired you have to make it a range like e.g.
> A2:D34).
>
> Then you can enter in cell E2:
>
> =COUNTIF(A:D,"*"&E3&"*")
>
> Then in cell E3 you can enter the search term: Donnelly (no quotes!) and
> you will see the result in cell E2.
> So, do not enter the search term in the same cell as where you entered the
> formula!
> (If that is what happened.)
>
> I do not know your level of experience with Excel so in case I made some
> assumptions about your Excel skills that irritate you, I apologize in
> advance!
>

> --
>
> It is I, DeauDeau
> (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)

0
donners6 (7)
8/19/2005 12:39:41 PM

> Hi Dodo,
>
> OK, let's see...the name/word 'Donnelly' is in numerous cells in
> column 'E' i.e. 'E6' onwards...I've entered your formula
> '=COUNTIF(A:D,"*"&E3&"*")' into cell 'E2' and 'Donnelly' into cell
> 'E3'...but I am still getting '0' in cell 'E2'.

The formula in text:

=COUNTIF(Range_to_be_searched,Text_to_be_searched_for)

In E6 and onwards? Down from E6? Yes?

In your case the search range now should be: E6:E1000 (or whatever the last
cell down is).

So:

In E2:

=COUNTIF(E6:E1000,"*"&E3&"*")

Does it work now?

If searching has to be over more columns, the search range could e.g. be:
E6:K1543 (or wherever you have put the text away).

--

It is I, DeauDeau
(Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo)
0
Dodo

Can see the text but can not print
I got a worksheet from someone. One of the line with text in it. It shows in the print preview. But shows blank on the print out. How can I print this line? TIA. Developers can't distinguish between printing and previewing. If it shows up in the preview, but not the paper, then I'd look at the printer/printer driver as the problem. Maybe it's time to get a new printer driver from the manufacturer's site--or even just test it on another printer. Gordon wrote: > > I got a worksheet from someone. > One of the line with text in it. It shows in the print preview....

Counting dates within groups #2
Hi Is it at all possible to calculate or count groups of dates in a lis when they have a gap of 2 days between them? It's kind of hard to explain The attachment has the data I'm trying to work from including description of the result. Cheers Joe Attachment filename: timesheet test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56409 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Is there anyone who could help with this or let me know if it's at al possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Most of the re...

automated employee tenure summary using Customized Charts with VBA
:confused: hi, can you help on my queries? i want to use a single excel file as my database (for employee tenure summary)....the first workheet will contain the interface(built using VB objects) the second will contain the database and the third one will contain the charts... 1. how can i update my database without the cells being overwritten by the new record? 2. how can i make my chart be updated automatically according to this categories.... name, length of tenure (in months then in years), length of training (in months) and the time of resignation, by just inputting the current date......

when receiving pics, how can i have it that i scroll down and see
I use Microsoft Outlook 2003. When I receive pictures in an email, I have to open each picture individually. Other people I know can just scroll down in their email to display the pictures. How do I do that? Outlook EXPRESS allows you to view pictures inline. Only if the sender = embeds the pictures in a RTF or HTML formatted message will you be able = to see them without opening each one. Outlook does not display images = by default.=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account w...

Count the number of entries in a cell
Hi, I've got numbers manually entered in cells, i.e. =65+15+10. I need to count the number of "numbers" in each cell. The result fo the above would be "3". Otherwise, I have to manually look at each cel and type the number of numbers I see. Thank you, Alava -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi this would be only possible using VBA. e.g. try the following: Public Function Get_Formula(rng as range) Get_Formula = rng.formula end Function Now use the following formula =LEN(GET_FORMULA(A1))-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(GET_FORMULA(A1),"+","")...

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.
My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others. I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a portion of the screen is visible. In xl2003 menus, I'd try: Window|Unfreeze panes Terry Evans wrote: > > My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to > resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This > is...

Excel File corrupted by word file
Hi all, Sure hope somebody can help me with this problem. I tried to open a spreadsheet this morning, and it came up with file format is not valid message. I found that I can open it in word, but the contents are actually a word document that I haven't even looked at for a while. I then opened it with notepad and it appears as though the word document is somehow overlaying the spreadsheet information, as I can see some of the excel stuff futher down. I shall be gutted if I loose this one, it's my finance spreadsheet for the whole year. Being a good person, it's backed up...

currently use outlook express for EMail. will not let me change
currently use outlook express as my default provider(via LAN). I have outlook 2003 and want to change provider to office outlook but when i follow instructions by going to tools/options,then other,I then select general and choose outlook as default office outlook will not allow the default to be accepted.I still have to use outlook express which i prefer not to use.any help appreciated "mobi" <mobi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AA1CAF2-AAB5-4E81-B0C1-42374616A197@microsoft.com... > currently use outlook express as my default provider(via ...

MSDN Universal & use of CRM 1.2
We have MSDN Empower program subscription. The license explicitly permits use of SBS and Exchange for real world use - not just development. This is unusual for MSDN as I understand. I can't find definitive confirmation if CRM is also permitted for actual use under Empower, or not. If it is, can we add licenses to the MSDN Subscriber organization ? John m. John, Try the M$ action pack, $299 US. http://members.microsoft.com/partner/salesmarketing/partnermarket/actionpack/actionpackus.aspx <snip> The Microsoft Action Pack Subscription is designed to provide you with the essentia...

Can't Receive Yahoo Email
I have an interesting problem. I have an Exchange Server 2003. I also have a user who, when he's outside of the office, uses a Yahoo email account. The problem is this: he cannot seem to send email to anyone on the server. In other words, anyone at our domain, he can;t send email to. Anyone can send email to his account from the exchange server and he can send email to anyone at any other company. But he simply can't send email to anyone on the server, though people sending from other providers can send emails that are sent with no problems. Does anyone have any idea what...

Forcing users to use a custom Contacts form OR removing Contacts
Using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 Is it possible to set it so all users use a cusom contacts form for new items in their "Outlook Today" folders? Or better still, is there a way to remove the Contacts folder, or make it point to a folder in the public folders tree? Thanks! Sparks... ...

Securing / Locking down _Outlook 2000_ using GPO...
Hi all!! Am trying to do (what seems) impossible: I'm trying to "lock down" the action that users are enabled to do in Outlook 2000, using Group Policy or any other available means... Any help with this scenario would be more than appreciated. * The issue: We have a group of users that deal with specially sensitive information. We have managed to (reasonably) lock down the Windows Desktop, so that the users are restricted as to where they put information and suchlike. The only can run a few apps from the Explorer interface (using Group Policy), and we don't want them t...

Can't attach more than 1 doc
Office 2000 with all the current updates. Using Word as the email editor. I can't use the "Insert" function to highlight and insert more than one document at a time. The Cntrl & Shift keys do nothing when trying to select multiple files for attachment. ...

Extracting the last word from a string.
I have a list in excel like the one below. The filename is always after the last "/". What formula can I use to extract the filename? The number of instances of "/" is not cosistent in every path string. ../ABCD/home/ABCD/EFGH/ciaran ../ABCD/home/ABCD/EFGH/bin/paul ../ABCD/home/james ../ABCD/home/ABCD/EFGH/bin/partition The results I would like are: ciaran paul james partition Hi, Try this =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("*",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","*",LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",""))))) -- Mike When compe...

How can I can the WM_VSCROLL event?
I am new to MFC. I used the wizard to create an application having DOC and VIEW. I modified it to use CRichEditCtrl because I need to change the color of the text. It worked. However, when new text were added which caused the screen to scroll, the text got scrolled off the screen has lost the color that I put in. The part of text that got pushed off the screen became black again when I manually scroll it down. I need to refresh the screen when I get the WM_VSCROLL message. But I didn't seem to get it. I tried to capture the message in MainFrm and View but didn't seem to get it. I ...

Excel forgets window location but Word remembers
I upgraded to Office X and I'm finding out what's different compared to Office 98. I use 2 monitors on a Powermac G4. I have always used the second monitor (smaller and off to my side) for my timesheet (in Excel) so I could log my hours as I worked. It had been my established work habit to have my timesheet in the Mac Startup Folder, and when I turned on my Mac at the beginning of the day, my timesheet would open automatically on the second monitor. But, to get it to open on the second monitor, I had to be sure to save it from it's position on the second monitor In Office X, how...

Utility That Does Cell-By-Cell Comparison Of Two Spreadsheets?
.... and creates a report of differences... Anybody know of such a thing? Don't need anything sophisticated - just a simple-minded cell-by-cell comparison of data values. -- PeteCresswell Per (PeteCresswell): >Anybody know of such a thing? Oops! Ill-considered post. Just Googled it (duhhhh...) and found a number of relevant hits. -- PeteCresswell Pete, Since you asked... xlCompanion here... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news:pnm1u19vu11tn6rt5mmite6gcglm3r3e8r@...

Using Money 2004 on Networks
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge in using Money 2004 on home networks? If so, what impact does it have on corruptibility? It works fine IF you assure that only one machine has the file open at a time. This includes subtle things like MoneySide and MoneyExpress. My only file corruption in the last three of four years came from inadvertently opening Money and working in the data file on the WiFi laptop when the desktop machine also had the file open. Whatever, have a backup strategy. "Don Sullivan" <monkeyswing@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01ff01c3824f$36aa...

Word Wrapping in Excel
I am having trouble with Word Wrapping in Excel. It does not adjust th row height properly. I have tried Format, Rows, AutoFit and it stil doesn't work. Help, pleas -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27632 Hi do you experience this with merged cells. If yes->nothing you can really do about this without using vBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mandy11 wrote: > I...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Word 2007 track changes "final" v. "final showing markup"
When I am working in a document where track changes has been turned on, and I turn off the track changes, the document still opens in "final showing markup" instead of "final." I want the document to open in "final" form. Is there a way to do that? By default, any markup is always made visible when you open a document in Word. This is a privacy setting, so that you don't inadvertently send the file to someone else, forgetting about the markup. You can turn the setting off, but only for your machine (you can't control what others see if they...

Can't convert Visio drawing to Autocad
My firm has received a Visio drawing from a client and we want to be able to use the image in our Autocad drawings. Our client tried the "save as an Autocad drawing" on their Visio program and emailed the .dwg file to us. When I open it up there isn't anything there. The .dwg file is only 22 kb which seemed really small since the Visio file size was arount 600 kb. My firm bought the software so we could at least see the images and maybe have better luck converting the drawing. We haven't had any better luck. Our client isn't the author of the Visio drawing and we we...

Can not save the file
Hi, I try to save the modified file; after I click the save button on the toolbar, the Microsoft Office Access message box appear and the message is: The Save operation failed. What is wrong? What should I change to save my file? On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:53:03 -0800, Ac <Ac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I try to save the modified file; after I click the save button on the >toolbar, the Microsoft Office Access message box appear and the message is: >The Save operation failed. What is wrong? What should I change to save my >file? What are you trying t...

How can i resize a chart so that it has a different aspect ratio
I am using Office 7 (trial) and I am trying to view the maximum amount of records in graphical form. When I adjust the size of the chart to its maximum width, I can only view a small portion of the data in the chart window. I would like th chart to have a horizontal scroll bar, which does appear on the bottom of the chart window but is inactive. Have a look at Stephen Bullen's FunChrt7 sample workbook for a scrolling chart. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Download FunChrt7.zip............un-zip and you're good to go. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 8...

Can (or how can) I do this