How can i set default headers and footers?

I am trying to to set to default the headers and footers on all excel sheets
to try and save time having to set them up everytime i start a new sheet.
How can i do this?
0
Lamphee (1)

Create a workbook that has everything you want to have in each future new
workbook.  Then save it as "BOOK" to your XLSTART folder, changing the file
type to Template (Excel will assign the XLT extension).

To have each new inserted worksheet customized create a single sheet
workbook and save it as above but with the name SHEET.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Mr P Lamphee" <Mr P Lamphee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I am trying to to set to default the headers and footers on all excel
sheets
| to try and save time having to set them up everytime i start a new sheet.
| How can i do this?

0
jrrech (1933)
11/5/2004 2:24:38 PM
You can select all the sheets in the workbook and then set the header/footer
for all the sheets at the same time.  If your left most sheet in your
selection of sheets has the header/footer set then you can simply click on
page setup and hit enter and your new sheet will inherit the same settings.

"Mr P Lamphee" wrote:

> I am trying to to set to default the headers and footers on all excel sheets
> to try and save time having to set them up everytime i start a new sheet.
> How can i do this?
0
GaryRowe (86)
11/5/2004 2:30:03 PM
You could set a sheet up like you want and save it as a template and use it
each time.

Or to set up excel so when you open it the headers will be set up, set the
workbook as you want it ( headers, footers, margins, number of sheets, cell
formats, gridlines to print, etc). Now Save As, and change the file type to
"Excel Template (.xlt)" not (.xls).

Locate your XLStart folder, typically somewhere like "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart\", and save the file as book. Excel
will add the .xlt for you

Every time you open a new workbook from now on (you may have to restart
Excel first) this template will be used. To revert back to the original,
just delete this file.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 2003

"Mr P Lamphee" <Mr P Lamphee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to to set to default the headers and footers on all excel
>sheets
> to try and save time having to set them up everytime i start a new sheet.
> How can i do this?

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

language setting
I need to change my keyboard to an arabic setting and I'm told to install windows xp professional cd rom. HELP, I can't find my cd rom. "rbrooks" <rbrooks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8EE0A65-0112-405C-BD74-EF64207137D0@microsoft.com... >I need to change my keyboard to an arabic setting and I'm told to install > windows xp professional cd rom. HELP, I can't find my cd rom. I looked around my office and it was not here! I don't think you left it here. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 16:54:49 -0700, "Richard in AZ"...

HR Benefit Table
I'm trying to do some cleanup of our benefits (delete benefits that were enrolled and never used) and in the process of querying table BE010130 there are a ton of benefits that have a 0 in the BENEFITSTATUS_I field. When I try to pull them up in GP they don't show under the specified employee. Can anyone tell me what these are and if I can delete them? ------=_NextPart_0001_079D83ED Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, After looking at the HRBEN.DOC from the SDK, it doesn't appear the BE010130 should have a value of 0. The values that should b...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

My printout show page default instructions as well!
Hi - I am VERY new to publisher and when I print out my new creation the page instructions are being printed as well. So my page comes out with my flyer printed on top of the default instructions which I don't want printed as well. Hope this makes sense. Can anyone help me please. I am sure it is something simple, but I have no idea. Thankyou Huh? If you would, send the file to me and let me see if I can figure it out. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "HelpMePlease" <HelpMePlease@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...

Can you....
Can you create a text box that pops up when you try to exit excel? would like a box that reminds people to fill out parts of a form whe they try to exit the workbook. Any ideas would be great -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This code goes in the ThisWorkbook section of the VB Editor. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim iResponse As Long iResponse = MsgBox("Did you enter everything? Click No to return an finish.", vbYesNo) If iResponse = 7 Then Cancel = True End Sub If the user clicks No, the application will not close. You coul modify...

Can you freeze columns in a list box?
I know you can freeze columns in a datasheet so that the columns remain on the leftmost side of the screen, but is there a way to do the same in a list box? I have a list box that displays 30 columns of information. It would be helpful if the first 4 didn't have to disappear when you scroll to the right. "agene" <agene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AAE32B2-E08F-4F7F-9C5E-8B9CD2F806AE@microsoft.com... >I know you can freeze columns in a datasheet so that the columns remain on > the leftmost side of the screen, but is there a way to do the sa...