How can I restrict cell data display to column width?

I would like to print my spreadsheet and restrict the data display to the
column width so that no column's empty cells are not covered with wide data
in adjacent column cells. Is there a way to do this? (Text control "wrap
text" and "shrink to fit" don't work for me.)
0
Sally (53)

Help: AutoFilter not 'hiding' data from other formulas
I'm using AutoFilter on a columns of personal data for which I've set up other calculations (averages, percentiles, etc). I was hoping that if I filtered, say, just for women, then the other calcualtions would reflect only the women's data, but they still seem to reflect the whole column of data, including data that's hidden by AutoFilter. Is there any easy way to fix this? Thanks! Andrew Do you mean that you have some SUM( ... ) formulae which do not change to reflect only the displayed values? If so, you should change these to SUBTOTAL(9, ... ). Hope this helps. Pete C...

Multiple hyperlinks in one cell
Hey, I'm stuck with an excel problem which I cannot solve. I want to pu different messages in one cell and add a hyperlink to some of thes messages. For example I want to put this information all into one cell "message1 - message2(with hyperlink) - message3(with hyperlink) message4" I really hope it is possible to create multiple hyperlinks within on cell, but for now I can only add a hyperlink to a cell. If you would know how I could fix this issue I would be reall gratefull. Thx in advance, Veroniqu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If it's really...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Comments in Cells disappear after time
A colleague has a spreadsheet with lots of comments in the cells and apparently after a while the comments 'disappear'. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens? Could it be there is a maximum number of comments, or do they have a life expectancy? The sheet is opened in Excel 2000 & Excel 2003 depending on the user. Thanks for your help. Comments don't normally disappear on their own. Perhaps your colleague is accidentally deleting the rows or columns in which the comments occur. Or comments could disappear if another cell, with no comment, is dragged onto a cell ...

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

go to next cell and paste question
I am writing a macro that is supposed to take certain cells from a "interface" page, remove them, and paste to a string of cells o another. That is easy, but I cant figure out how to make them go t another set of cells, if the ones I recorded are filled. Example: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/4/2004 by Lane Lacy ' ' ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=17 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 239 ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=10 Range("IV2:IV7").Select Selection.Copy Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Cut Sheets("productivity&qu...

graphing data
What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in that cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? -- mikaman Graph them in exactly the same way that would have done if the numbers had been typed into the cells. -- David Biddulph "mikaman" <mikaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A6F240E-44F3-4636-8F2F-6DE39722D0EE@microsoft.com... > What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in > that > cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? > -- > mikaman ...

Copy filtered data
Let's say I have data in A1:Gxx. Now I use Autofilter to find all rows which has a "2" in column C. Let's say it leaves rows 1:4 and 8:10. Now I want to copy the filtered data in columns F:G and paste the values (not to an empty range which is easy) but to the same cells in colums D:E. Any help? Hans Knudsen Try Advanced Filter, excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgeish, owner of the site, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ApplyAF Regards, Alan. "Hans Knudsen" <Hans.Knudsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message news:%23xtVdlR8FHA.740@TK2MSFTNG...

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Merge Cells #5
I know how to merge two cells using formula =A1&B1, but can someone tell me how to insert spacing between the two within the new cell. I'm merging a part number and description, and need spacing between them. Use =A1&" "&B1 the " " is showing that you want to insert text, and that the text is a space character. It could be "-" or ".", etc. "R. Stevens" <R. Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B02E936E-5947-4F1B-A8E5-F5A30343E549@microsoft.com... > I know how to merge two cells using formula =...

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

how to divide a numbers in a table of data by 1,000, all at once
I've noticed in some spreadsheets that numbers are displayed as rounded...i.e. so that one isn't looking at 1,403,333 + 2,333,999 etc. but rather 1403 + 2334, etc. with a note at the top that says "000's". In one step, how can I edit all the numbers in a table so that they show to the nearest 10,000 (i.e. 1403 +2334), without dividing them one by one by 1,000? Or, to go at it from another angle, how do I divide each # by 1,000? The ROUND feature requires that I create a new table. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter 1000 in an unused cell. ...

How can I tell if our GP 9.0 is updated to the latest SP and patch
We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, but I'm not sure we are at SP1 or the latest patches have been installed. Is there a way to tell from the versions numbers displayed in the "About Microsoft Dynamics GP" box? Or, maybe asked a different way, if at the latest updates, what should the Dexterity and GP 9.0 version numbers be at? hello, You know if it's Dynamics GP SP1 when you see that: Dynamics GP - 9.00.0259 Dexterity - 9.00.0068.0 rgds, timber On Oct 6, 6:35 am, dcnjoe60 <dcnjo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, bu...

Multiple conditional formating for one cell
I have a workbook with several sheets. Sheet1 has several hundred rows of text. Some of the same text will appear in multiple rows of Sheet1. On Sheet2 I have I have a cell that allows my users to free hand type in a keyword(s) to search for in Sheet1. This cell is also has a reference name of "Special_Char". Now comes the question..... I like to for the user to type the keywork into "Special_Char" and any or all the rows in Sheet1 that contain the keyword as part of its text to turn yellow. Is there a way to do this? Please keep in mind that the keywork i...

Chart
From: <c@c.c> Subject: Chart - Title Widths Date: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 12:43 PM Chart - Title Widths Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title? ...

How Can I Tell What Button Was Just Clicked?
I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the function? I'd hate to make a function for each image. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See one technique at your other thread. kenji4861 wrote: > > I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. > > Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the > function? > > I'd h...

Money 2002 Can't seem to download sucessfully
I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is downloading, but doesn't import into the Money program. What happened? I created a Passport to work online, but that is the only thing that has changed on my end. Can someone please help me!!?!?!?!??! >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking >info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it >worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is >dow...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

How do I add a value to a cell every 30 days?
I'm trying to create a calculator using Excel where in I add a given value to a cell every month. This is not a financial equation. One way: assume you want to add 10 every month, starting one month from today: =DATEDIF("2/11/2005",TODAY(),"m") * 10 or, every 30 days: =INT((TODAY()-DATE(2005,2,11))/30)*10 In article <BC7BB5B0-A994-4ABC-8200-8E198C51C3E1@microsoft.com>, "ZZ430" <ZZ430@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to create a calculator using Excel where in I add a given value to > a cell every month. T...

copying data
Getting errors when copying data from workbook to workbook. Shutdown and restart allows without errors. ...