How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its

My issue is that if the source data formatting is changed, the change in the
formatting isn't reflected in the referebce link on the destination worksheet.

For example:  I have a link in cell A1 in Tab1 pointing to A1 in Tab2 which
starts by being a dollar amount ($1,000).  If I change A1 in Tab 2 to a
percent and change it's formatting to (.50%), the link in Tab 1 stays
formatted as a dollar amount ($0.50).

How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its source?

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,

--
Suzanne Marie

Formulas can't change formatting--they can only return values.

Maybe you could have a macro that copies formatting from one cell to
another--maybe even an event macro???

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to Link to the next blank row after the last entry in a column?
Cell BM6 Sheet1, has a formula that gives me a numeric total. The total belongs in Column D1 Sheet2 after the last entry, and there will be cells that will remain blank in that column before the last entry. Sheet1 is a work sheet, which will be saved with a new file name at the end of the month after the totals have been sent to Sheet2. Sheet2 is a permanent, ongoing record. The numbers on original Sheet1 will then be erased and the worksheet reused for the new month. :confused: How do I get the values into the appropriate row of Sheet2 and have them remain there when I reuse the workshee...

Formatting a single grid line
Don't laugh but I was wondering if there was a back door way of bolding up a single horizontal gridline to make it stand out from the rest. My alternative is to draw a line on the chart but then I need to adjust it if my scale changes. Thanks much, Reney Hi Reney, Unfortunately you can only format all of the gridlines at once. Have a look at these examples for adding a line to a chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Reney Langlois wrote:...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

How do I make a column of checkboxes quickly?
I have a list of people my company has already mailed letters to (about 500) .. I have another separate list of people that may or may not have been mailed to from the first list. Is there a way to quickly creat a column of checkboxes and then somehow crossreference these people that have already been mailed to (both list have account numbers) so that we can exclude them from our next mail out? See http://tinyurl.com/bfkdt -- HTH Bob Phillips "Kevin Kimbrell via OfficeKB.com" <forum@nospam.OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:eaaf5760ccae43ac8b829a58e9708b6b@OfficeKB.com....

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

Can't delete email #2

Autofiltering for partial matches
My bank posts automatic payments for some accounts as follows: 123 PHONECOMPANY XXX 456 PHONECOMPANY XYZ I know how to autofilter for exact matches -- but it would be very helpful to autofilter for all the strings that have PHONECOMPANY inside them, whether or not they begin and/or end with different characters. Is there any way I can sort or filter for only the rows that have the string PHONECOMPANY, even if that's an internal string? Click that filter arrow choose custom choose contains type phonecompany Or choose custom choose equals type *phonecompany* PeterJordan wrote: ...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Index/Match vs VLookup?
Excel2003 ... My understanding is ... an array "Index/Match" Formula calculates faster than a "VLookup" Formula ... If so, then I would like to use "Index/Match". Also, I often do use "Index/Match" as the Index can be either R or L of target cell. Issue ... with 2 Cols of 40,000 records ... Index/Match Formula fails to copy all the way down the 2nd Col ... It seems to fail @ about 20,000 records down the 2nd Col (one clarifier ... I am on the same WorkSheet ... adjacent Cols) Above said ... Am I up against an "Index/Match"...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

VBA referances
Dear All, I am using GP10. I had modified the 'Trail Balance report' using modifier by adding a calculated field in the report. The calculated field is added to VBA and the corressponding validation is made and assigned to the same calculated field. The report is working fine, but while logging in GP a message saying 'The microsoft_Dynamics_GP.vba project references some objects that cannot be found' When i checked out in referances. The listed out options are checked Visual basic for applications Microsoft Dynamics GP VBA 10.0 type library OLE automation Dexterity rep...