How Can I make a cell flash in Excel

I am looking to highlight certain cells in a column of data and would be
helpful to make them flash, as oposed to just standard formatting
0
Cumbo (3)

Hi
flashing would require VBA (using for example the OnTime method).
But I strongky recommend against it:
- slows down Excel
- has IMHO nothing to do with serious spreadsheets
- requires VBA and won't work if macros are disabled

If you still want to go on with this search the Google archives for
'blinking cell'

"Cumbo" wrote:

> I am looking to highlight certain cells in a column of data and would be
> helpful to make them flash, as oposed to just standard formatting
0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/12/2004 1:17:02 PM
(Excel 2003  Windows XP)

Hi Frank;
1.  I've read with great interest your reply to Cumbo, and I agree with most
of it.

2.  In my particular application, it is absolutely critical that I've some
kind of text effects in a single cell so that I may adjust certain algorithms
associated with a complex non-linear optimization. I've chosen blinking cell.

3.  The VBA one-second timer macros, Ontime method, events, conditional
format formula, etc. are all working fine.  There is, however, one side
effect!

4.  The Excel Screen, mouse Pointer, task bar Ready, macro Buttons, etc. are
"jiggling" or "pulsating", whether the conditional format formula is
returning TRUE or FALSE !!!!!

5.  This nauseating behaviour has been encountered:
     5.a  (even) on a new w/b with a blank w/s that has absolutely nothing
on it (except the timer macro and the events)
     5.b  on two different computers
     5.c  with two different versions of Excel (XL2000 SP-2, XL2003)
     5.d  in two different versions of operating systems (windows 95,
Windows XP)

Your suggestions on how to suppress this side effect would be greatly
appreciated.
Thank you.
Incedentally, What is Google archives ??

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> flashing would require VBA (using for example the OnTime method).
> But I strongky recommend against it:
> - slows down Excel
> - has IMHO nothing to do with serious spreadsheets
> - requires VBA and won't work if macros are disabled
>
> If you still want to go on with this search the Google archives for
> 'blinking cell'
>
> "Cumbo" wrote:
>
> > I am looking to highlight certain cells in a column of data and would be
> > helpful to make them flash, as oposed to just standard formatting
0
monir (43)

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Comments in Cells disappear after time
A colleague has a spreadsheet with lots of comments in the cells and apparently after a while the comments 'disappear'. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens? Could it be there is a maximum number of comments, or do they have a life expectancy? The sheet is opened in Excel 2000 & Excel 2003 depending on the user. Thanks for your help. Comments don't normally disappear on their own. Perhaps your colleague is accidentally deleting the rows or columns in which the comments occur. Or comments could disappear if another cell, with no comment, is dragged onto a cell ...

Too many rows for Excel output from Access 2000
All: In my application I am exporting several records to excel file dynamically using a query,when the number of records exceeds 50000 records in one of the scenarios I am getting this error :There are too many rows to output, based on the limitation specified by the output format or Microsoft access Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Query11" DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, stDocName, acFormatXLS, , 1 Can any one suggest the solution to this problem, Thanks in Advance, VT IIRC, OutputTo uses an earlier Excel format that limits to 16K rows. Use the TransferSp...

Multiple hyperlinks in one cell
Hey, I'm stuck with an excel problem which I cannot solve. I want to pu different messages in one cell and add a hyperlink to some of thes messages. For example I want to put this information all into one cell "message1 - message2(with hyperlink) - message3(with hyperlink) message4" I really hope it is possible to create multiple hyperlinks within on cell, but for now I can only add a hyperlink to a cell. If you would know how I could fix this issue I would be reall gratefull. Thx in advance, Veroniqu -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If it's really...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

go to next cell and paste question
I am writing a macro that is supposed to take certain cells from a "interface" page, remove them, and paste to a string of cells o another. That is easy, but I cant figure out how to make them go t another set of cells, if the ones I recorded are filled. Example: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/4/2004 by Lane Lacy ' ' ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=17 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 239 ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=10 Range("IV2:IV7").Select Selection.Copy Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Cut Sheets("productivity&qu...

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Making Serious Money Online
From: Ocie Lewis <olewis10550@yahoo.com> Date: Thursday, June 6, 2009, 6:08 PM --- ~~~~, I Want To Personally Introduce You To An Internet Millionaire! Hi ~~~, {Ocie} here with an major announcement... http://www.MyPartnersInProfit.com/bootcamp/?id=10286 For 25 people, this will be the most important e-mail you ever receive. (I hope you're one of them!) Because my new partner and I are looking for 25 people who are ready to take part in the greatest Internet marketing joint venture of all time. This joint venture is open to anyone. Even if you have a business alrea...

make column lists for select query.
sheet1 table1 col1_1 table1 col1_2 table1 col1_3 table1 col1_4 table1 col1_5 table1 col1_6 table2 col2_1 table2 col2_2 table2 col2_3 table2 col2_4 .... .... sheet2 table1 col1_1,col1_2,col1_3,col1_4,col1_5,col1_6, table2 col2_1,col2_2,col2_3,col2_4, .... .... I want to make column lists for some table listed in sheet1. for example, select column_lists from table1 without vba is it possible? thanks. I think you may want some dependent lists. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Barb Reinhardt "kang" wrote: > sheet1 > table1 col1_1 > table1 col1_2 >...

How can I drop a flyer from Publisher into PowerPoint as a slide?
I have created a flyer in Publisher but I now need to drop it into PowerPoint as a slide, is this possible? No, not really. You could open up both instances, Powerpoint and Publisher, and then drag and drop/copy and paste from the Publisher window to the Powerpoint window, the reformat as needed. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "melann" <melann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58EE1229-ED29-4A5F-B4D6-BDE863876DB0@microsoft.com... &...

Excel Crash

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Merge Cells #5
I know how to merge two cells using formula =A1&B1, but can someone tell me how to insert spacing between the two within the new cell. I'm merging a part number and description, and need spacing between them. Use =A1&" "&B1 the " " is showing that you want to insert text, and that the text is a space character. It could be "-" or ".", etc. "R. Stevens" <R. Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B02E936E-5947-4F1B-A8E5-F5A30343E549@microsoft.com... > I know how to merge two cells using formula =...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

How Can I Tell What Button Was Just Clicked?
I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the function? I'd hate to make a function for each image. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ See one technique at your other thread. kenji4861 wrote: > > I have a bunch of images on the sheet that calls ONE function. > > Is there a way I can tell which button was clicked within the > function? > > I'd h...

How can I tell if our GP 9.0 is updated to the latest SP and patch
We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, but I'm not sure we are at SP1 or the latest patches have been installed. Is there a way to tell from the versions numbers displayed in the "About Microsoft Dynamics GP" box? Or, maybe asked a different way, if at the latest updates, what should the Dexterity and GP 9.0 version numbers be at? hello, You know if it's Dynamics GP SP1 when you see that: Dynamics GP - 9.00.0259 Dexterity - 9.00.0068.0 rgds, timber On Oct 6, 6:35 am, dcnjoe60 <dcnjo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We recently upgraded our GP to 9.0, bu...

Multiple conditional formating for one cell
I have a workbook with several sheets. Sheet1 has several hundred rows of text. Some of the same text will appear in multiple rows of Sheet1. On Sheet2 I have I have a cell that allows my users to free hand type in a keyword(s) to search for in Sheet1. This cell is also has a reference name of "Special_Char". Now comes the question..... I like to for the user to type the keywork into "Special_Char" and any or all the rows in Sheet1 that contain the keyword as part of its text to turn yellow. Is there a way to do this? Please keep in mind that the keywork i...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.