How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?

I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards.  I want the addresses
printed on the postcards via mail merge.  I am using Excel, but don't see
where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of
money.  Can you help?
0
Scarecrow (2)

0
anonymous (74718)
9/27/2004 12:52:00 PM
hi,
I not entirely sure what you are asking but barcodes are
just another font. excel uses font 3 of 9 barcode.
If you can add the address then just add it a second time
useing font 3 of 9 barcode.

0
anonymous (74718)
9/27/2004 12:54:00 PM
via Envelopes and labels. On the envelopes
tab>options...there is a block to select bar codes.

0
anonymous (74718)
9/27/2004 8:01:53 PM
US zip  mail bar coding is builtin to MS Word,  I don't really
understand why other bar codes are not builtin.    You have
no choice as to the position for some reason they appear
above the address.  Anyway it must be legal and accepted by
the US Post Office in that position.     See
    Mail Merge,  Printing Labels using Mail Merge with data from Excel

HTH,

"Scarecrow" <Scarecrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote m...
> I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards.  I want the addresses
> printed on the postcards via mail merge.  I am using Excel, but don't see
> where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of
> money.  Can you help?

0
dmcritchie (2586)
9/28/2004 8:05:45 PM
Actually, I just discoverd that while I used MS Word, and assumed that the
tables would be set up in Excel, they in fact, are not.  They are in Access!
I am not familiar with this program , but am wondering if the bar codes will
be printed on to my postcards (remember, no labels are being used)....

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> US zip  mail bar coding is builtin to MS Word,  I don't really
> understand why other bar codes are not builtin.    You have
> no choice as to the position for some reason they appear
> above the address.  Anyway it must be legal and accepted by
> the US Post Office in that position.     See
>     Mail Merge,  Printing Labels using Mail Merge with data from Excel
>      http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm
>
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Scarecrow" <Scarecrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote m...
> > I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards.  I want the addresses
> > printed on the postcards via mail merge.  I am using Excel, but don't see
> > where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of
> > money.  Can you help?

0
Scarecrow (2)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Multiple emails w/ same tracking token in one activity?
Is it possible to track an ongoing email conversation as a single activity (assuming tracking token is present and accurate), instead of having each outgoing and incoming email result in a separate activity? One troubleshooting conversation with a contact can end up creating 12 activities in their history. If anyone knows the answer and/or can tell me how to do so, please let me know. Thanks! Afraid not. Each of those seperate emails is a seperate "activity" and thus is tracked seperately. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "SCAB" <SCAB@discussions.microso...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

CListCtrl
Hi, Does anybody know an easy of removing the black vertical tracking line that appears while resizing columns? I've been trying to prevent it through HDN_ENDTRACK / HDN_TRACK, but I wasn't successfull. Is there a specific flag that I can set to disable it instead? Thanks in advance for your time, Best regards, -Onur I can't imagine why you'd want to do that, but here's my suggestion: Override the CListrCtrl and CHeaderCtrl class, and have your listview control use your derived header control. In the header control class, handle the WM_SETCURSOR message and load a d...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Mail received by wrong recipient
Microsoft Exchange Server Version 5.5 SP4 Microsoft Back Office Small Business Server Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP3 I know there are a lot of topics similar to this already but I cannot find anything in them that helps me solve my problem. Ever since I started working at this company over a year ago I have had the same problem every single time without exception. I give my email address to an external company e.g. when I purchase software over the web or request information via the web by filling my details in on a form. They send an email to the address I gave them (the only address I gave the...

How can I rename a database table?

Unable to send e-mails #2
As soon as I hit "send & receive", I get a message from the System Administrator saying my e-mail is "undileverable" with the following text: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Mid-Atlantic Weekly Report 10/8 Sent: 10/10/2004 7:26 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Scott Frigaard' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) 'Andy Aweida' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn...

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive