how can I email the results and aviod getting an "Update the sheet?" message?

I have a worksheet containing several sheets many of which are "linked" by
formulae embedded in certain cells. Many of the sheets contain a table
showing the results. These tables are formatted to have colours etc and to
generally "look nice"

I often have to email the data tables from only one or two of those sheets
but it seems tha twhen the recipients get them and open them, they get a
message telling them that the sheets are linked to another source and asking
them " do you want to update the cells" (or wording similar to that)

Apart from simply cutting and pasting, and possibly losing all the formating
is there another way of sending them the data so that they aren't confronted
with that message - some of them don't have the common sense to click 'NO'
when asked the question

TIA

Excel 2002

0
Mighty

Hi

You can use one of my Add in's or use one of the examples on my site

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

In the Tips section you can read this to make the formulas values
Below one of this lines in the example subs (one Sheet)
Sh.copy
Activesheet.copy

Place this code to paste as values.
Cells.Copy
Cells.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
Cells(1).Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False

If you copy more sheets in the newly created workbook then use this.

Worksheets.Select
Cells.Copy
Cells.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
Cells(1).Select
Worksheets(1).Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"Mighty Magpie" <mighty.magpie@home> wrote in message news:wxqVb.1492$vo1.321@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net...
> I have a worksheet containing several sheets many of which are "linked" by
> formulae embedded in certain cells. Many of the sheets contain a table
> showing the results. These tables are formatted to have colours etc and to
> generally "look nice"
>
> I often have to email the data tables from only one or two of those sheets
> but it seems tha twhen the recipients get them and open them, they get a
> message telling them that the sheets are linked to another source and asking
> them " do you want to update the cells" (or wording similar to that)
>
> Apart from simply cutting and pasting, and possibly losing all the formating
> is there another way of sending them the data so that they aren't confronted
> with that message - some of them don't have the common sense to click 'NO'
> when asked the question
>
> TIA
>
> Excel 2002

0