how can create a formula to add data from 1 worksheet to another?

how can create a formula to add data from 1 worksheet to another?
0
Linnie1 (3)

Hi Linnie
You can use VLOOKUP, if it is based on info on the destination sheet.  Would
need more info to help you there.

You can also reference the cell in the source sheet, by inserting a formula
in the destination cell.  Say you want to put the data in Sheet1, cell A3,
and you want to read the data from Sheet2, Cell F8, then in Sheet1, cell A3,
enter the following formula: =Sheet2!F8.

HTH

"Linnie" wrote:

> how can create a formula to add data from 1 worksheet to another?
0
Kassie (262)
4/21/2005 1:28:02 PM
=Sheet2!A1+Sheet1!A1

or

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet2!A1)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Linnie" <Linnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how can create a formula to add data from 1 worksheet to another?

0
terre081 (3244)
4/21/2005 1:32:36 PM
This helps a lot thanks,  but what if you want to reference information from
another excel file.  Is that possible?

"Kassie" wrote:

> Hi Linnie
> You can use VLOOKUP, if it is based on info on the destination sheet.  Would
> need more info to help you there.
>
> You can also reference the cell in the source sheet, by inserting a formula
> in the destination cell.  Say you want to put the data in Sheet1, cell A3,
> and you want to read the data from Sheet2, Cell F8, then in Sheet1, cell A3,
> enter the following formula: =Sheet2!F8.
>
> HTH
>
> "Linnie" wrote:
>
> > how can create a formula to add data from 1 worksheet to another?
0
Byrone (1)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Manually creating a replica
I have followed the article on TechNet on How to Manually Create a Replica but I'm not sure if I did it wrong or if what I'm experiencing is normal. At one of my sites, I have about 500MB of data that I would like to protect. I have followed the steps to manually create the replica but when I start the consistency check, the consistency check transfered all 500MB of data that I already imported! Did I do something wrong? I thought the purpose of manually importing the data is so that the initial replica doesn't go over the WAN. Thanks, Mike Ok. I figured out wh...

Can not Customize Leads View

Show format in formula bar
Hello: On some spreadsheets I have #'s in the billions added together in cells. Sometimes it is difficult to verify the number is 10,000,000,000 because it shows up as 10000000000. My eyes get crossed counting the zeros. I'd love if the formula bar would show 10,000,000,000; however, can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible? No, you can't change the number formatting in the formula bar. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Native" <native_texan_03@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

need to chart sum of 2 rows in worksheet
I have a worksheet in which I have 12 columns to represent the months and my expense categories in the rows below. The last row is a Total row of all the expenses above it. One of the values I want to represent in a 12-month line graph is the Total row less the Misc Expense row. How can I graph this without creating a new row in my worksheet to hold just this calculated value? I'm very comfortable with writing macros if that's what it will take to accomplish this. Thanks, Barry ...

Help with formula #23
A B C 1 360 240 50% 2 500 750 150% With the information in A and B, how do I get the results shown in C? I'm trying to figure efficacy of each assembly. B is the time allotted for that product. Hi, I'm not sure you can get to those two results with one formula, they don't seem to follow the same logic. What exactly is "efficacy" of an assembly? And what do the number represent? Give us some detail and we might be able to help. In the first case it looks like (360-240)/240 = 50% but that calculation doesn't make any sense in t...

Large data
I have 20 rows and 20 columns in a sheet Trying to plot the line chart for the same But it looks very cluttered Can anyone suggest a way for this -- Thanks, Shivali Sadavarte Do all series have to be plotted on the same chart? Or is there some kind of logical grouping (e.g. companies A-E; revenue, profit, stock price, and operating margin for each)? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Shivali Sadavarte" <shivali.sadavarte@tcs.com> wrote in message news:78880A3A-...

Bulk attachments

Disable Auto Add of addresses
How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but when I get an email from them it is formatted different, and I have to "delete" that which comes up when using auto-complete, and then use the manual add to add the addressee to my email... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated You may disable it in Options Food Snobbery wrote: > How does one disable the auto add of email addresses? > > Often times, I already have the contact formatted in my address book, but > when...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

What is the quickest way to get an xml based dataset to add entries to SQL Server?
Because there is no 'datareader' involved, what is the most efficient way to get an XML based dataset to be added to an SQL server dataset? I would hate to have to create a new SQL connection and iterate through making "executenonquery" for each row in the dataset. That seems horribly in-efficient. I know of no other way to get an xml based dataset to push data to the database though. Any pointers? Thanks for any pointers, Peter Robbins Freelance Programmer C#/PHP "MurdockSE" <murdock@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153922058.675709.165630@h48g2000cwc.go...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Creating Email Templates
Hello, In looking at the various resources, everyone seems to like the email template functionality .. although I do question one thing. Is it possible to create an email template for use in a workflow THAT IS NOT sent to the customer/account? From what I can tell, if you create an Opportunity/Account/Contact email template, all these automatically send the end account/customer the email. What I would like is when a new Opportunity is created to be sent to some Internal users only ... ie. the user's Manager to confirm the presence of a new Opportunity. This from the looks of th...

Can not archive