How attach data in a row so it can be sorted by the date column?

I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into
one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. When I
select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button only the dates sort
and not other information in the adjacent columns. What can I do?
0
Horn (5)

Hi!

Select the entire range that you want to sort.

Goto Data>Sort.

Sort by the column that contain the dates.

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3171)
3/20/2005 7:22:31 PM
Select the *entire* range that you wish to be included in the sort
operation.
Then start the sort.

Never, never, never allow XL to choose your range.
It's right most of the time ... BUT ... *not all* of the time!
--
HTH,

RD

"Steve Horn" <Steve Horn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted
into
> one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. When I
> select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button only the dates sort
> and not other information in the adjacent columns. What can I do?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

How can I erase contacts in TO bar
Hi All, When I writte the first letter in TO bar, a few possibilities of contacts is appearing... how can I erase some of them, that were wrong, to aboid any other confusion? I mean, something like when you delete explorer history... then... How can I erase this history contacts?? Thks a lot for your help When the contact pops-up, highlight it with your arrow keys on your keyboard and press Delete. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msout...

Entries disappear after inputting data
I have created a room Calendar with Excel...as I make entries for the repsective days and I then hit the Enter key to input the data...it just disappears. This doesn't happen all the time just periodically. This is not a template, spreadsheet from scratch. Nothing fancy, just a straight forward Calendar/Room spreadsheet, no formulas, etc. Any assistance greatly appreciated, Mel Mel, Sometimes the font is set to the same color as the background (e.g., white on white). Check the formatting of the cells first. -- http://HelpExcel.com 1-888-INGENIO 1-888-464-3646 x0197758 &quo...

Can't Add new purchases of mutual funds
I am Canadian user. Using MSMoney 2006 I have several mutual funds that I monitor and add the closing value manually weekly. I have one of the finds that has 800 units. When I try to buy new shares of this one fund I get an error message that says. "Adding this sell, Remove, or Redeem shares activity will cause the balance of **** fund held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or reverse transaction." Again I am trying to Buy shares. I tried to repair the data file and still no success. All other funds work porperly. Any help on ho...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaa\a
begin 644 306dfrq1j.txt M66]U)W)E(&EN(%-E<FEO=7,@5')O=6)L92 M($ET)W,@82!0<F]V96X@1F%C M="$-"@T*1D))($9/4D5.4TE#4R!#04X@1DE.1"!$14Q%5$5$($9)3$53#0H- M"E1(15)%($%212!42$E.1U,@3TX@64]54B!#3TU0551%4@T*5$A!5"!93U4@ M5$A/54=(5"!93U4@1$5,151%1"X-"@T*(2$A(4)55"!42$59($%212!35$E, M3"!42$5212$A(0T*#0I#;&EC:R!H97)E(&9O<B!D971A:6QS(&]N('1H92!% M5DE$14Y#12!%3$E-24Y!5$]2#0H-"D-L96%R('EO=7(@8V]M<'5T97(@;V8@ M:6YC<FEM:6YA=&EN9R!F:6QE<PT*=&AA="!Y;W4@8V%N;F]T(&1E;&5T92X- M"@T*=W=W+G...

How can I add an X-Header
Is there an EASY way to add an X-Header to all my OUTGOING mail? I am running Outlook2002 SP2. My USE is to bypass my own spamfilter. When I send a request for information to a new company, they are not yet on my "OK" list, so there is a high chance my spam filter will catch and eat it on the way back. If I add an X-Header that identifies the message as OK because I originated the request, it will bypass my spam filter. Is there an EASY way to do this ? Can I Edit one of the existing fields that no-one uses such as the Version number of Outlook that I am using? I could put a k...

Can't see contents of Public Folders
I just tried to copy over my public folders to our new exchange server. I right clicked on them, went to properties, replication tab and added the new server. Then I right clicked on the top level folders and went to all tasks, Propagate settings. Now my users cannot see the contents of there public folders! PLEASE HELP ME! Did I miss something! ...

I cannot highlight a whole row or column
Inadvertantly, I pushed the wrong button and am now uanable to highlight rows and columns to delete , insert or even clear them. This condition applies to eleven spreadsheets in the same folder. I don't know where to find a remedy for this situation. Please, can someone help me? Windows XP Home Edition On Dec 15, 8:16=A0pm, fixer <fi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Inadvertantly, I pushed the wrong button and am now uanable to highlight = rows > and columns =A0to delete , insert or even clear them. =A0This condition a= pplies > to eleven spread...

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

insert a row in a protected sheet
hello out there, does anyone know in excel. how do insert a row in a protected sheet without unprotecting the sheet. i have a document where i do not want the formula to be touched in no way form or fashion but i would like my users to constantly add or delete information as they occur and the only way to do this is by inserting or deleting a row to enter information. thanking you all in advance for your continued help. thank you, rennoyinc ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! Free Support at http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/ ** Which versio...

Printing

Data Entry Disabled after conversion
I have been operating a mailing list database for approx 3 years, (flawlessly). Built in Access 97, converted to access 2000, now converted to Access 2003. Now I find that I cannot enter (update) data on my forms that used to work perfectly. The forms are populated from a query. I simply cannot discover why I cannot enter data on the form or in the datasheet view of the query. I figure it is something little that changed in the conversion, but darned if I know where the changes are. I would appreciate at least a hint of where to look. Thank You Willie SMith Hi Willie, Have y...

Can I "branch" a template for a new doc type?
I've been using a template for a group of documents but now realize one subgroup is different and needs its own separate template. Can I copy the template with a new name and attach it to these documents? What kind of scary hidden dependencies can I expect? -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via http://www.officekb.com There should be no problem with this. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com" <u3143@uwe> wrote in...

Sort these notes by date
Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name they come back in random order. It would be most helpful if I could sort by date so I can see the most recent ones first. And by "these notes" you are referring to? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Rich Wheeler" wrote: > Is there any way to sort these notes by dates? If I do a search by my name > they come back in random...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Merging data in two columns
I have been given a spreadsheet that contains contact information. Unfortunately it was vreated in such a way that the area code is in one column and the phone number is in the other. I would like to combine the two into a single column. I tried doing this via a formula but and it worked but the problem that I run into is that I would then like to copy and paste this information into another document. When I copy and paste I get the formula instead of the actual data. Anyone know a better way to go about this? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Sub combinephonenum() mc = &qu...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Chart data with 2 different set of data on the same graph
I have 2 set of data as shown in sample below: Month Set-1 Set-2 Jan-04 9,203 12.4 Feb-04 7,012 09.2 Mar-04 8,321 11.2 Apr-04 8,801 08.4 May-04 9,001 10.6 etc I need to chart them on the SAME graph using either Line, Scartter ,Bar or Column(not pie chart). Due to the Set- 2's numbers are very small and it shows as a straight line of dots at the bottom when I use either Line or Scatter graph, or show only Set-1 data in Bar or Column charts. Can someone tell me if it is possible to use different scale to show the data on the SAME chart ? Thanks in ad...

SUM values in a column till you reach a flag in another column- Urgent
Hello: My data is something like this: Column1 Column2 Flag 1 200 0 2 300 0 4 500 1 6 400 0 7 300 0 9 600 0 I need a formula to add values in each of the first two columns till the flag equals 1. Then another formula to add the values below the flag seperately. In other words- I am expecting 7, 22, 1000, 1300 values to be output for the above sheet. The number of rows is not constant in my worksheet although the order of the data is standard. I would want to avoid VBA if I can do this by a simple formula. Please help. This is Urgent. Than...

Synchronizing OL Data between multiple machines
If I wanted to synchronize the OL 2003 contents (i.e. email, contacts etc.) of two (or more) separate PCs, does anyone know of a suitable utility? Searching the net, I came across this site: http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Backup_and_Synchronize/Review_00833_index.html Has anyone used this or has any feedback on this product? Try here for a number of altertaives: Synch two machines: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm "Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:OezsaTphFHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > If I wanted to synchronize the...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

exchange migration wizard
I am in the process of an Exchange 2003 email migration between 2 forest with an external trust that has been established. I would like to use the Exchange Server Migration tool, but on the screen where you pick the specific mailboxes to move, it gives me an error of "the data is invalid". The specified account does have Full exchange administrator rights. Manolo ...

Make Autofit row height work with merged cells
When a group of cells in a row are merged and the text wraps to two or more lines, double-clicking the row border just to the left of column A (or Format/Row/Autofit) auto-heights the row to one line of text. Either of these actions should heighten the row to fit the text in the merged cells. Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Franketh wrote: ...

Data Type Question
I have two table tbl_Repairers and tbl_Job_Details related on a one to many on RepairerID field. tbl_Repairers RepairerID - Autonumber - Primary Key RepName - Text tbl_Job_Details RepairerID - Number - LookUp on RepName. <Other Fields> When I set up a query using the RepairerID field from the tbl_Job_Details, the values in the field show as text but if I want to run a query on one repairer e.g. "AT" then I get a data mismatch. If the criteria is entered as '1' then I get the results I want. How can I adjust the query such that if I want to see al...

how to create line Chart with large number of data points
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Excel allows only some 200 data points. I would need 1025! Is there a way to achieve that or do I have to look for some other special charting software Thanks! You are right. I found the solution. ...

How to fix a number of rows below the selected cells?
I am working with Excel such that I need to see the values 10 rows below the current selected cell. But whenever I proceed down the worksheet, I eventually left with last row on the screen before the worksheet scrolls and stay there. How can I set a minimum number of rows to always appear below my selected cell? Currently the scroll lock has the desired effect, only the scroll lock never move the selected cells in response to the keyboard. ...