Horizontal line chart - Excel get corrupted

Hi,

I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie
It works great, updates with VBA, no problem.

Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char
with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it'
not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi
chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio
into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe
not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error
that is essential to update automatically the whole bundle of charts.

I tried to copy all the cells into a new workbook. I tried restartin
my computer. No effect.

I use MS Excel 2002 and Win XP.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Micha

Horizontal
this works great if int_Start is in a column but what if it is a row I can't seem to get it to work For Each cell In Range("int_Start") If cell.Value = CON_int_UD Then MsgBox (d) Select Case d Case 1 Set int_rng = Range("INT1") Case 2 Set int_rng = Range("INT2") ...

Macro to create multiple charts?
Hi, I have a bunch of excel files full of data, and each one contains information which needs to be made into 30 charts (scatterplots). I have been hand selecting the data and then creating each chart manually, but I am hoping there is a way to automatize the process. Basically what I need to do is this: 3 adjacent columns of data look down column 1 for the word "stop" (the rest are all numbers) when you get to stop, select all three columns until the next time there's a "stop" in column 1 make the scatterplot do it again from the next stop (the stop lines can j...

installed exch2k to existing exch 5.5 site and want to get rid of 5.5 server. what next?
I may have cross posted this message incorrectly, but was not sure where it should be located. Sorry about that. I have installed a new exchange 2000 server into an existing exchange 5.5 site. All mailboxes, public folders, free/busy, and OAB have been replicated to the new server. I need to know what to look at next. I have seen the knowledge base articles 284148 152959 189286, etc. but still am not sure what the next logical thing would be. It appears that all mail transfer is working properly on the new server, so I thkn that the old one is ready to go. One last thing, I need to do t...

GETTING STRATED
Hello, I have typed on 2 pages words a simple operating manual of our new church membership database. How can we put this in a report to enable user to open it on the 1st button of the switchboard. Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Report wizard (click new, report, report wizard) and tell the report wizard what table or query you want as the source of the report. Then tell the wizard what particular fields you want in the report. Then you could use a command button for the users to open the reports. There is also a command button wizard. Follow the prompts. "Frank Situ...

suppress duplicate lines
I have an excell sheet with many lines. A sort them on a given criteri and I would like to supress lines that are duplicates based on thi criteria. How can I do it easely :confused ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com What doe suppress mean? Delete? If yes, then Chip Pearson has a bunch of techniques for dealing with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm If you mean hide, you should be able to modify some of those techniques, too. ccd wro...

Form Field Help line does not show
Hello, I have a medium-size template with a lot (several dozens) of form fields. Some have logical connection, so I'm using ActiveDocument.FormFields("SomeField").Select method to force jump to a specific field on the form. Sometimes this is done from the "exit" macro that does validations, and sometimes to skip some irrelevant fields. I've encountered two issues: 1. The help text in the status line will not show for the proper field in ..Select 2. I can't jump back to the same field. The workaround I found is: .Select a read-only previous fi...

SOP Line Numbers, Blanket Orders, Job Costing
While GP does store a number (a multiple of 16384 I think) in the line detail table, lines are not displayed in Order Entry (and related docs). This would be helpful for Customer Service people when comunicating with Customers, especaly for large orders. Related, there should also be a place for the Customers PO Line Number, as customers will often call up looking for "My PO, My Line Number..." Going forward I would hope that this structure would more align with that of the PO, and facilitate Blanket Orders or Contracts (not service contracts) and allow for Job Costing to ...

How do I setup to show line by line during a presentation
I have a slide with several bullet items. What I am trying to do is to set it up in such a way that during a slide show, I want each bullet item to show up each time I click it. One way I am aware if to break this into may slides which will multiply the number of slides by the number of lines per slide and this will make the file size huge. If there is another way, please let me know. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Regards Prashant http://www.echosvoice.com/individualbullets.htm#IndividualBulletedTextAnimation should explain. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://w...

XY chart labeller Issue: (Magic quadrant) But with a twist.
Hiya Folks I have the same problem as has already been discussed on the forum (see below@ end of my email), but in my case there is an additional twist. The orginal issue was solved by using Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler to add labels. The free download is at his web site: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm But in my case I have lots of XY points (155 to be precise). The problem is that 155 visible labels make the chart look very messy. Is there anyway to make the XY labels invisible until you hover over them with a mouse/pointer? Any help would be greatl...

Report Chart Preview is Perfect but not the Chart Results
I have a Query that only pulls in two fields of a table, one hidden and one visible. The visible one is a date range that starts 1/1/2010 and ends 5/8/2010. The hidden field is the query qualifier that makes certain that line items which are marked as "confirmed sent" are shown. When I use the chart wizard I only pull in the date range as it is the only one available and I choose the default column layout presented by the wizard. When I use the "preview option" it looks perfect but when I I select finish it give me that darn North, East, West with 1st, sec...

Monthly contract lines
Hello, I need to be able to provide my clients 60 minutes allotments each month, then start again with a clean set of 60 minutes each month. What is the best way of doing this? I.e. perhaps automatically create a new contract line each month? Thanks for your recommendation Tony ...

Get the parent OpportunityID when creating a new Order (via javascript)
Hi, When a person creates a new order I want to get the parent Opportunity ID in the OnLoad event. I then aim to call the CRMService.asmx to retreive the Opportunity record and pre-fill some custom fields on the Order with the values from the parent opportunity. Following other code, I would expect this to be crmForm.all.opportunityid.DataValue but this returns an object. I think this is returning a reference to the actual control on the form where you can click to open up the opportunity. I would have expected the OpportunityID to be passed across to the order page via the querystring b...

4 #Error Lines in a Query
I have a query that will show any HorseID that does not have a ClientName but for some reason it has 4 records showing with #Error in ClientName, any Ideas how this can happen and how do I clear them? SELECT IIf(IsNull([HorseName]) Or [HorseName]='',[FatherName] & '--' & [MotherName] & ' -- ' & funCalcAge(Format('01-Aug-' & [DateOfBirth],'dd/mmm/yyyy'),Format(Now(),'dd/mmm/yyyy'),1) & ' -- ' & [Sex],[HorseName]) AS ClientName, tblHorseInfo.FatherName, tblHorseInfo.MotherName, tblHorseInfo.Sex,...

Line Chart #12
Plotting events "Y axis" not happening on even/equal "X axis" points and the plottted points will not connect and form a line chart. All I get is plootted Points. It would appears that I must have "Y points" evenly distributed along the "X axis" or the points do not connect and form a line chart. What am I doing wrong??? Are your x-values real numbers rather than just categories? If so, make an XY chart. Both the Line and the XL chart allow you to have (1) just markers, (2) just line segments and (3) markers joined by lines If you need more, ple...

Notepad command line
There is a shortcut in AllUsers Startup %SystemRoot%\system32\notepad.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Desktop\todo.txt" That comes up twice. If you put it in Me's startups it doesn't come up at all. Would more/less quotes/switches make a difference? THis is laptop Home Edition. On a Pro XP desktop, this works fine. But on the laptop, default TXT deitor is emacs, not notepad. - = - Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2 ---{No...

Workplace Queues

flow chart
I made my flow chart, but I am not able to get it to print. Is there a special way? It will not print the shapes or the Text I have in them. It will only print words that I do not have in shapes Can you please please help me????? thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_0FD020DC Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Try pasting the drawing contents into Word and then print. It should definitely work. You can also insert a visio object in Word and print. However it is equally important to know what printer you are trying to print to and which version of Visio are you using ? Print...

PowerPoint 2007 Org Chart
Do you have any training on how to do an org chart in 2007 PowerPoint? The online training is inadequate in reference to org charts. Loved 2003 but so far hate 2007. -- Sunsen Hi I found quite a lot of info on the MS website - but you may not have found it as they have sneakily renamed org charts. They are now part of SmartArt... There is a training course here: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC101772971033 And SmartArt related stuff here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/CH100675761033.aspx If you have a particular question, l...

Place a cell value on Charts
I am trying to automate the graphs that I have in different tabs by wiriting the date as a text box that would have the date linked to a cell in another tab, for example the date would be on cell N1 of tab SQ_KJ, and the tex boxes on graphs placed on other tabs (OPTG, TBG, etc) Many thanks. -- Moises hi, Moises ! > I am trying to automate the graphs that I have in different tabs by wiriting the date as a text box > that would have the date linked to a cell in another tab > for example the date would be on cell N1 of tab SQ_KJ > and the tex boxes on graphs placed...

Changing a line color when it crosses another benchmark line?
I have a chart where the average of the coporation as a whole is used as a benchmark and then from a drop down list you can select an entity you want to compare to the benchmark. I am hoping to have the line of the entity change colors (i.e. from solid black to solid red) if it exceeds the benchmark line. Is this possible? Andy Pope has an example like this on his web site: http://andypope.info/charts/conditionalline.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "JB12" <JB12...

Subject Line Changes When Forwarding a meeting?
I have setup some resources ( conference rooms ) for our group admin. She likes to forward these to her helper so she has an idea of who schedules the meetings in case there are any issues. The problem I'm having is when they forward the meeting request and put the information they want in the sublect line, it always overwrites the information in the subject line with the persons name who forwarded the Email. Any idea why or how to stop it? What version of Exchange? There is a cmdlet in Exchange 2007/2010 that controls subject rewriting. The Exchange admin would need...

column chart stacks data when i add a secondary vertical axis
I am creating a column chart. I have two sets of data that need to be compared but with a different vertical axis. When I select "format data series" to indicate which sets of columns will utilize the secondary axis excel stacks the columns. I have not been able to prevent this. I won't go into how frustrating this has been, let's just stick to a solution. Look here and all your worries are over http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "scott" <...

fill horizontally
I have excel work sheet in Excel 2002. It has data being entered vertically in cells like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 However elsewhere I want to refer to the vertical cells and have the data appear horizontally like this. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Is there a trick to doing a =A1 and down and have it fill horizontally? Louis One way: Say you're filling from column 2 ("B"): =INDEX(A:A, COLUMN()-1) In article <UKqdneAW0P1lznLbnZ2dnUVZ_vKunZ2d@suscom.com>, "Louis" <a> wrote: > I...

Can I create more than one chart from the same pivot table?
I need to create several charts from the same data. Is there a way to create more than one pivot chart from the same pivot report? John - You can create multiple pivot charts, but they all have to have the data pivoted the same way. If you change this in one chart, it changes it in the underlying table, and then all charts based on that pivot table are changed. Why not duplicate the first pivot table, rearrange it, and make a second chart from the second pivot table? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierT...

word spacing in last line using block format
Sometimes, the words in the last line in a block formatted paragraph stretch across the line. If there are only 6 words in the last line, they are spaced far apart across to the right margin. Not always, however. This has been bugging me for years! Help please! Thanks. That sounds as if you entered a soft return (shift+enter) at the end of the paragraph rather than a hard return (enter). A soft return moves to a new line within the same paragraph and therefore will stretch your current line if alignment is set to justify. Yves "Renee" <Renee@discussions.mi...