Horizontal line chart - Excel get corrupted

Hi,

I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie
It works great, updates with VBA, no problem.

Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char
with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it'
not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi
chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio
into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe
not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error
that is essential to update automatically the whole bundle of charts.

I tried to copy all the cells into a new workbook. I tried restartin
my computer. No effect.

I use MS Excel 2002 and Win XP.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Micha

current and future chart section in different colours
Hi All Helpers, I have yearly charts set up for totals of income etc (monthly and cumulative). How can I make the chart a different colour after the current month? Preferably also hiding the cumulative lines after the current date. Thanks Mon Jon Peltier has information on creating dynamic charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html that may help you. mon wrote: > Hi All Helpers, I have yearly charts set up for totals of > income etc (monthly and cumulative). How can I make the > chart a different colour after the current month? > Preferably also hid...

Excel icon #4
Hi All, I recently installed office premium on my xp pro machine. I cannot see the excel "X" logo on the program menu. I can see for others like "W" for word, Key for aceess and clcok for outlook. but excel comes as blank. I can't even go in the property and change icon. I tried using cd again to repair but that did not solved the problem. This is really strange. All of the office programs are working fine. Can anyone help me here ? Thanks ...

Bar Chart Question Multiple Elements
Greetings excel people, I have the following data below and I want to create a bar chart fo the total # of yes answers, and the total # of no answers for eac category, for the current location. In addition, I need each tota displayed to its corresponding bar. How do I do this? Thanks for your needed help Location Answer Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 TB YES 12 23 23 2 TB NO 34 33 4 -------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Put the data in columns in Excel like you posted below. Highlight all the data (should be 6 columns and 3 rows) and either click the Chart icon or click on Insert in the toolbar...

Where can I get a spanish spelling dictionary for Excel 2003?
Spain? "ro" <ro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0EFB010-3369-4C41-9004-EB11DAD28115@microsoft.com... > Use tools>spelling and from the dropdown select the dictionary or use Word which probably has Spanish and French built in already -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ro" <ro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0EFB010-3369-4C41-9004-EB11DAD28115@microsoft.com... > ...

How to get background and text color of edit control for XP Edit control?
Hi, I have a subcassed owner drawn edit control and need to use the correct system colors under XP (comctrl6). GetSystemColor() doesn't seem to support this. Any idea? Thank's a lot! Regards, Harald "Harald" <Dietewich.H@zdf.de> wrote in message news:OXrV0JnnFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a subcassed owner drawn edit control and need to use the correct > system colors under XP (comctrl6). GetSystemColor() doesn't seem to support > this. Any idea? Thank's a lot! Just what is an owner drawn edit control? Anyway, I think either t...

No Horizontal Scroll Bar
In Excel 2002 Sp2 in this 1 spreadsheet I cannot get the Horizontal Scroll Bar to appear. I have checked the box in Tools --> Options --> View -- The Vertical bar is there but not the Horizontal. This is the only s/s in which this problem occurs Thanks for any help you can give Can you see the worksheet tabs? If no (and you have them checked in that tools|options|view), then I'd guess that your window is just off the visible screen. Window|arrange|tiled (and resize manually) If you can see them, then that "row" of worksheet tabs is split too far to the right. Mov...

Outlook Email Help: selecting Voting button option from excel VBA
Hi All, I had a question about sending email from excel. I know we can set certain properties of outlook from excel such as "Send Receipt" ect.. But can we set an voting button option from excel? I am able to send the voting buttons through excel by doing: ..VotingOptions = "Accept;Reject" But There is an option "Have Replies Sent To" in Voting Buttons section which I want checked everytime as I want the voting responses sent to the person who requested the vote AND to one more person. Is there a way to do this from excel? To select "Hav...

Excel Sharing Problem
Hello, We have a problem with Excel Files. In the past, if you opened a file that someone else had open, it would let you know, and ask you if you wanted to open as read only or notify. Now (and I don't know when this changed), it opens normally, even when someone else has it open, but when you go to close it, it then notifies you that "Your changes could not be saved to 'Book1.xls' because of a sharing violation..." and asks if you want to save a Temporary file or lose all changes. Everything I've found on this error addresses what could be causing the fi...

Chart Question #3
is it possible to create a chart, skipping columns or rows I need to creat a chart using data from every other column and another using data from about every 5th row Any help appreciated David Hopper I'm open to correction on this, but I believe the best way to do this (assuming you don't want to delete the in between data, and resort the columns somehow) would be to create a macro that copies the data you want into the right format (probably on another sheet) and make the chart from there. Something along the lines of: sub MyCopy() dim NewSheet as worksheet dim OldSheet as w...

Excel
Is it possible to convert day of year to date format (assuming all date are 2004) e.g. 001 to 01 January 2002 or 366 to 31 December 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =DATE(2004,1,your_value) Frank > Is it possible to convert day of year to date format (assuming all > dates are 2004) > e.g. 001 to 01 January 2002 > or 366 to 31 December 2004 > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks Frank this works perfectl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Farsi, Pashto, or Dari Excel 2007 Manual?
I am looking for a hard copy manual for Excel 2007 in Farsi, Pashto, or Dari. I'm in Afghanistan trying to help some folks with Excel basics. A manual would be great! I found some Arabic online training that I can print out, but have a real need for Farsi, Pashto or Dari. Thanks! ...

strange behavior excel templates (in comparison word templates)
Hello, I have a question, In word there is the possibility to attach a template to a *.doc file. That template is specific for that doc (attached template). If you open the doc the macros in the dot will be executed. In excel there's no such thing as attached template beneath a xls (workbook). I made an Addin application and placed a template in the templates directory or another start file in the start directory but in all that cases you start the macros in all the xls files you open. I want to open the macros only when a specific xls (example test.xls) is opened and not by another one (o...

Worksheet Calc Gets Stopped When Sheet is Clicked
The worksheet I'm working with has thousands of formulas, so if the calculation stops, I need to restart the entire process. If I even attempt to access a menu item or drag the window around on the screen, even minimize the window, all calcs stop. Is there anyway to protect the spreadsheet from being interrupted so easily? I don't think so. In fact, I think many depend on this feature. Instead of waiting for the calculation process to finish, the user can just go to the next cell and start inputting more data. You may want to turn calculation to manual so xl doesn't even try...

Pivot Table border formatting and pivot chart formatting
I've haven't been able to eliminate the border formatting in a pivot table. Every time I change the page selection it defaults back to having borders. Does anyone know how to correct this? I've also been having the same problem with pivot charts. When I increase the width of a line in a chart and change the page selection it defaults back to the previous format. ...

Getting data out of and into a dialog while it's "active"
Situation: I put up a dialog that contains, among other things, 2 drop-list combo boxes and on dropdown combo box. there's also a button nearby which the user can press to bring up another dialog to allow selecting the values for these three items using a different set of controls. I did something like this earlier when I had a multi-line edit control and a button to load the data from a file. When the user pushed the button, I used a file-open dialog to get the file and its contents and stuffed it into the CString variable and then returned to the main dialog. This worked perfectly. ...

Error Message When Opening Excel #3
Everytime i open Excel or an Excel document, i get the following error message: "SUMIF.XLA is already open. Reopening will cause any change you made to be discarded. Do you want to reopen SUMIF.XLA?" Whether i answer YES or NO, the application will open normally. It is just very annouying.. HELP -- W Walid You could try looking under Tools>Add ins... and then uncheck anything, then check back those that were checked one at a time, close and re-open excel, when the error comes back, that's the faulty add-in, either go to the vendor or unload the add-in if you don&#...

Make Cells Diagonal
How do I make the top "label row" of the columns diagonal (45 degree angle) instead of horizontal. I have seen it done but don't know how to do it. Thank you. ...

Excel to store history information and display a count of reschedules
Hi, I currently copy data from a system into an excel spreadsheet on a weekly basis, used to store a history of implementation records. For each record I store a unique ID, target date, owner, description, category, approval status and a result. Each week I create a new worksheet/tab with the date for the name. Each implemenation will take about 3 weeks and therefore the data will be repeated in about 3 worksheets, albeit with slight changes to approval status, target date or descriptions. What I want to do is to calculate, for each record (implementation), the amount of times the target dat...

Pie Chart percentage
I am working in Excel 2007. I have a simple pie chart. Two numbers are used: 9,607,932 261,228,187 I am using percentages out to two decimal places in the data labels, but the labels don't match the percentages that were calculated in the Excel spreadsheet. Calculated = 3.68% and 96.32% Displayed labels = 3.55% and 96.45% How can I show the correct percentages in my chart labels? Am I missing something in the label attributes? Figured out my problem. The second number is my total. The percentages are correct. Oops! "KristaR" wrote: > I am working in Excel 2007. I ha...

can't delete a corrupt record in a access 2007 table?
Access 2007 program but Access 2000 File format, Can't delete a corrupt record in a table, weird symbols, search error. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- I'm assuming that you tried a compact and repair. Are the weird symbols in a memo field? If so, here's what to try. 1. Make a complete backup of the database mdb file(s) and put away for safe keeping. 2. Create a query ...

How do I merge in a selected range of cells out of Excel?
copy / right click / insert copied cells ...

Big Help Needed Excel '95
A friend has a simple spreadsheet with 6 tabs along the bottom. Win 95 and Office 95 installed. One of the Tabbed sheets had a HUGE list of items and he "hit some key" and wiped out the data in the sheet. Doesn't know what he did and worse still saved the file and exited. Has no back-up! He can't duplicate what he did or even know what he did. I appreciate the data is probably lost, but my query is that the sheet, when you click the Tab shows no cell lines at all, no data obviously, but no cells at all? There are line numbers down the left side that you can click...

Column Chart Conditional Formatting
I have a column chart that compares 2 y values against a common x value. I want to compare the second y value to the first, if it is greater then make that bar green, if less then red, if same grey. Any ideas on how to go about this? Thanks Adam Bush You'll need to do this by manipulating the actual data. Setup 3 dummy series, first with a static value of 10. On the chart, format these green, red, and grey respectively. Now, go back and change the static values to formulas similar to this: =IF(B2>A2,B2,NA()) =IF(B2<A2,B2,NA()) =IF(B2=A2,B2,NA()) If ...

www.exciter.gr: Custom Excel Applications
For individuals and companies that search for powerful excel tools: you can visit www.exciter.gr and download some demos like Mail Label Printing, Decision Analysis tool, Personnel Shifts Programming, Dynamic Graphs and more. All tools are prices by the project and not by the hour! ...

Chart Type
We have a chart that combines both a bar and one line. Both use the same axis and scale. We need to add a 2nd line to the chart and whenever we try to select both columns of data we get an error using the source data-series-values. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. The bars are the current results and the original 1st line is the budget. The 2nd line they want is the prior year results. Hi, I'm a little confused why you would select 'both columns' when trying to add another series of data. Try this, right click the chart and select Source Data... On the series ...