Highlighting Every Other Row - Conditional Formatting - Not Workin

Hello,
Here is my original post, which was very helpful:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=6ab8403b-96bb-4c7d-bfb5-a602d4127bde&sloc=en-us

I am now using Office 2007.
When I try to use the formula =MOD(ROW(),2) for highlighting every other
row, it only highlights alternating BLANK rows. If the row is populated, it
will not highlight it.

Can someone help me figure out why this is happening & how to fix it?

Thanks!
NicoleS

Perhaps it is more strongly typed than earlier versions. Try this
formula instead:

=3DMOD(ROW(),2)=3D1

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 4, 8:59=A0pm, NicoleS <Nico...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Here is my original post, which was very helpful:http://www.microsoft.com=
/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicro...

> I am now using Office 2007.
> When I try to use the formula =3DMOD(ROW(),2) for highlighting every othe=
> row, it only highlights alternating BLANK rows. If the row is populated, =
it
> will not highlight it.
>
> Can someone help me figure out why this is happening & how to fix it?
>
> Thanks!
> NicoleS

0
Pete_UK

Error message opening a file due to too many different cell formats
What can be done to fix this problem? There are 63 sheets in this workbook. There has been a lot of copying and pasting. Now the workbook won't open because there are too many different cell formats. Hi for dealing with too many cell formats have a look at the following KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 Though I'm not sure it will help if you can't open your file anymore -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany lc wrote: > What can be done to fix this problem? There are 63 sheets > in this workbook. There has been a lot of co...

Format Charts as Object
Excel '07 (grrr) In previous versions of Excel, I could Shift+click an embedded chart to select it as an object. I could then prevent the chart from rezisizing if I change the rows and/or column's sizes or added/deleted rows. I cannot find those options in Excel 2007 (or via the Interactive Guide). Does it still have that capability and if so, where is it? Please advise. Thanks! Hi, Select chart. Charting Tools > Format > Size > dialog launcher (small arrow bottom right corner of Size group). Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.in...

Look up field in a table is not showing first row
Table 1 is account numbers, table 2 is the NCM table and in Table 2 I have a link to the account numbers in table 1 it lists 4 fields when you click on the drop down row and places the information in the first field when you click on the account. This has worked fine for all the time I've used access. Recently it has suddenly lost the first field of data. The field1-account no, field2-type, field-3-department, field4-product, are aprt of a query as I use the account numbers for several departments and the query to filter for just the accounts needed for this dataentry form. Thi...

Internet Explorer 8 Not Responding every time I try to download
I have a Dell laptop with Windows Vista on it, it is a little over a year old. Every time I try to download something (Adobe Flash Player, Updates) IE white screens and freezes. I have tried reseting to default condition under advanced internet properties but this does not help. I would appretiate any advice that you can offer. "Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer" http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est michaelmcelroy44 wrote: > I have a Dell laptop with Wi...

Anyone know if the PST file format spec has been released yet?
Really need this badly... Thanks! Jack Never mind. Looks like they finally did about one month ago. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff385210.aspx Jack "Jack Black" <jackisback@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OO9%23Yg7xKHA.5936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Really need this badly... > > Thanks! > Jack > ...

Date in First Column, Time in First Row
I have data correlated to date and time. The dates go down the first column of the sheet and the times (hours of each day) go across the first row of the sheet, like so: 01:00 02:00 03:00 ... 01/01/05 1.3 2.2 3.2 ... 01/02/05 5.2 4.2 1.7 ... 01/03/05 2.3 4.1 6.4 ... .. .. .. How do I make a chart with Date and Time on the x-axis and data on the y-axis without doing lots of copying and pasting? what kind of chart to you want? if it is a line chart with contiguous day per hour on the x axis A pivot tabl...

Move rows with vlookup
Hi, I have to change something in one of my projects (reports) and i think i am going crazy, i really need your help. I have a report with 2 worksheets. In the first one i have columns for: acct#, acct name, address, phone....... In the second worksheet i have again acct# (vlookup from first worksheet), acct name (vlookup from first worksheet) and another 31 columns with days of the month. The sales rep will add in each day a number (how many hours they spend in that day for that account). So far so good. Now if an Sales rep is adding a new account in the first worksheet, the...

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

Inserting alternate blank rows in Excel
I have several spreadsheets with between 2,000 and 3,000 rows of data. I'm using them to import data into some accounting software. The format required by the software is that each row of data is separated by a blank row. Short of individually inserting several thousand rows, does anyone know another way of changing the layout of the spreadsheet? Well, you could add a helper column and enter 1, 3, 5, and copy down to the bottom of what you've got. You could then put 2,4,6,8 ... in blank rows until you have the max # of what you need. Then sort by the helper column. Make su...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

Countif using cells formatted as text
Must be getting tired! I imported a column of values as text. All are 4 characters (year and month "9912", "9911" etc.). Trying to use a "CountIf" function where, for example, I want the count of items greater than "9501". I let Xl tell me how it wants the formula, i.e. I accept the correction to how I entered the conditional and it says; =COUNTIF(F2:F266,">""9501""") It returns a count of 265 (wrong). "=" works but anything else fails. I checked the help but nothing gives me a hint. -- Regards; Rob -------...

Macro to copy data frow rows to one column
With this macro I try to copy data in columns B:M (12 months) and rows 3:8 (6 years) into one column only, to then make a 1-serie graph. Data sample could be this group archive, at the bottom of page: http://groups.google.it/group/microsoft.public.excel/about But I get errors. Thanks for help. DestinationRowID = 10 For RowID = 3 To 8 For ColID = B To M Range((ColID) + CStr(RowID)).Select Selection.Copy Range("B" + CStr(DestinationRowID + 1)).Select ActiveSheet.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False Next Next One way (I think): ...

can't highlight cell
When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the cell or it's formula itself. Help! Tools>Options, Edit tab, check Edit directly in cell -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "MM" <MM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3883756F-29AC-482D-8205-F61892E8523D@microsoft.com... > When I click on a cell, the contents of the cell are not highlighted. > Instead the cell's row and column are highlighted. I can't work with the &...

Create summary tab of last entry/row on all tabs in workbook
I am tracking projects in a workbook. I have a tab/worksheet for each project. For a weekly status meeting I create a spreadsheet that has the last entry/row from each tab. Is there a way to program so I do not have to copy/paste from each tab each week? I do add and delete tabs/projects from time to time. PS- not very adept at the technical details so need to respond to me in simple terms : ) You might want to submit your question to an Excel NG since I don't see anything in your question regarding MS Access. IMHO, I would move the workbooks to an Access database rather than...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...

Formatting fields on a report
I have a report that I need to list totals by month by there account code & sub account. I have a query that generates all the necessary information but I am having a issue converting a field "Check Date" to be the month and then have the associated months listed at the top of the form along with the corresponding totals for each field necessary. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Shawty, MonthDate = Month([CheckDate]) yields a sortable number 1 to 12 YearDate = Year([CheckDate]) yields a sortable number in the form yyyy. These values should be inc...

highlights
Hi all Can you help me and tell me if this is at all possible using conditional formatting or a formula I4 is to equal to b4 times c4. If d4 is not the same as i4 then d4 needs to highlight in red. However if d4 is a negative number then d4 should remain normal, not highlighted. Thank You Shorty, =AND(D4>=0, D4<>I4) -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Shorty" <Mysteryjim@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:i6I2e.8230$zl.6378@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com... > Hi all > > Can ...

highlight color using keyboard(shortcut)
Could you please tell me how to use keyboard (short cut) to highligh color for any cell or row in excell without moving a mouse to color ta in tool bar menue. Thank you for your help Vicki ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Fairly long key sequence to do it through the menu, rather impractical... my suggestion is to record a marco and assign it a keyboard shortcut. Nikos Y.(nyannaco at in dot gr) >-----Original Message----- > >Could you please ...

How to turn off highlighting??
After opening Excel (everytime) the first cell I select becomes an acho for a mass highlighted block. Regardless of where I take the cursor all of the cells within the range of travel become highlighted. Al soft keys are dead (so I can't activate help). Can not "ESC" out. Ca only Cntl-Alt-Del and close program from the task manager. Does anyone have an idea what I can do to turn this off -- rsbfit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rsbfitz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3530 View this threa...

Outlook 2002 Not Displaying Messages In HTML Format
I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening, but my Outlook 2002 is just displaying all messages in plain text format! Very strange. I only recently went up to 2002 from 2000. In 2000 it was fine. Windows XP Pro, SP2, all updates installed. Outlook 2002 v. (10.6515.6735) SP3 I currently have 2 add-ons installed: PocketKnife Peek Outlook Backup Any suggestions? PS - IE is not my default browser, Firefox is. In case that has anything to do with it. ---Atreju--- "Atreju" <someone@who.hates.junkmail> wrote in message news:kc31o1h5pbalnc92uunblsbpkoo7q...

Row data missing from printed report
I'm printing a tabular report from Access 2003 in portrait on A3. On a row about half way down, it prints the grid lines and some of the fields, but misses other fields (all there on Print Preview or a Landscape print). Has anyone had this problem and solved it? Suggestions: Open the report in design view, and check the properties of the problem text box(es.) Make sure: - Display When is set to Always. - Back Color is white - Fore Color black (0) - Font Size is 8 or greater - Font Name is one you have installed. If you have vertical set to Yes, try the font Arial CYR (...

DGET only limited to 1000 Rows, but I need 8000 rows for DGET funt
my 2007 Office Home Basic, can only do 1000 rows of DGET function, after that it return to #VALUE!, can someone help me. Is anything to do with because of HOME BASIC vision have its limited ability, or something else I need to do, in order to get at least 6000 rows to function right. I am a very heavy to user of Excel , I need all 65,000 rows, and every one of function should work in all 65,000 rows, no exception. Try to use VLOOKUP or INDEX and MATCH functions instead of DGET. "Chiann Looker" wrote: > my 2007 Office Home Basic, can only do 1000 rows of D...

Average every seven cells, then copy formula
On my Averages worksheet, I have the following formulas: In Cell A2: ="Week " & WEEKNUM(Sheet1!E2,1)& " - " & TEXT(Sheet1! E2,"mm/dd/yy") In Cell B2: =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F2:F8) 'compute values based on blocks of 7 successive rows I'd like to be able to COPY these formulas to row 3 so that the formulas in Row 3 begin on Row 9 of Sheet1, Like this: Cell A3: ="Week " & WEEKNUM(Sheet1!E9,1)& " - " & TEXT(Sheet1!E9,"mm/ dd/yy") Cell B3: =AVERAGE(Sheet1!F9:F15) 'compute values based on blocks of...

Text Box Formatting