highlight color using keyboard(shortcut)

Could you please tell me how to use keyboard (short cut) to highligh
color for any cell or row in excell without moving a mouse to color ta
in tool bar menue.

Thank you for your help

Vicki

Fairly long key sequence to do it through the menu, rather
impractical... my suggestion is to record a marco and
assign it a keyboard shortcut.

Nikos Y.(nyannaco at in dot gr)

to highlight
>color for any cell or row in excell without moving a
mouse to color tab

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
anonymous (74717)

Compare and Highlight Rows
I have an excel file with two worksheets. is there a way to programatically compare the two worksheets to find matches and highlight those matches on each worksheet. They both have the same columns. I want to compare the InspectionID column. The Inspection ID column may have duplicates in both of the worksheets. I have never done anything in excel above the beginner level. However, I am a very skilled VBA programmer (programmed in ACCESS for over 10 years). Thank you You may find it easier to use Conditional formatting instead: For instance, with Sheet1 column A selected, and cel...

altered keyboard layout in PPT
Hi, For some reason, some of my keys do not work properly in PPT only (Word is fine). For example, shift-backslash gives a french character. How can I fix this? Hi, Have a look in the "tool" > "auto correct" settings and the "auto format as you type" settings look for the characters you are seeing in the "replace" "with" boxes cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "RStanzel" <RS...

Using themes in word 2007
I'm getting confused with themes. I have put a style on a paragraph of text (list paragrph) and added a hyperlink within it. The hyperlink is blue. I have applied a customised theme that has the hyperlink red and a followed hyperlink green. But the link still stays blue! (And blue whatever theme I choose. However when I follow it and return to my word doc, it will change to the colour I specifed in my theme. What am I missing??! Also, how do I change the background text colours and using themes? Don't understand meaning of "test/background- dark1" in customisin...

How do I use Outlook 2000???
I think when I installed Outlook 2000, there was actually a Trash folder. I've since installed SP3 and security updates and now there isn't! There's a Deleted Items folder, and I can't rename it. Outlook sorts the folders on the folder list alphabetically. Is this the only option??? I don't want them in this order. I'd like to see my Inbox first, Trash last, etc. I want them in a specific order. We're migrating from Novell GroupWise and the folders in GroupWise were not in alphabetical order. I want to put the Outlook folders in the same order. It would be ...

Error in using Whoami
Hi We are trying to write a simple program using sdk. We get 405 method not allowed error while using Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.CUserAuth userAuth = bizUser.WhoAmI(); Our setup Win 2k Server, sp3, MSCRM, .net framework 1.0 VS.net with .net framework 1.1 Could not find samples written in VC++.net why? Lakshmi p.s: remove nospam in email id to send email. have you tried going to that virtual directory, and removing anonymous from the directory security? "Lakshmi" <lakshminiku@sifynospam.com> wrote in message news:0be901c393d0$5d18c190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > W...

Display color #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to change the display colors for formatting marks (like the dots for spaces or the paragraph symbols). They are light blue on my display and I am slightly color blind so they are very difficult to see. I't like for them to just be black. Unfortunately, no. Use Help> Send Feedback to express your need to MS. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 10/30/09 4:29 PM, in article 59b7fa80.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MER@officeformac.com" <MER@officeformac.com> wrote: &g...

use the current time to return a value
Simple formula? if the time is >=07:00:00<15:00:00, G$1. = 1 if time >=15:00:00 < 23:00:00 G$1 = 2 if Time >=23:00:00 < 07:00:00 G$1 = 3 I have tried to do this a few different ways and have been unsuccessful. Could someone help please? One way: G1: =IF(OR(MOD(NOW(),1)<7/24,MOD(NOW(),1)>=23/24), 3, IF(MOD(NOW(),1)>=15/24, 2, 1)) In article <1133191901.819183.53950@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, sjd371@netzero.com wrote: > Simple formula? if the time is >=07:00:00<15:00:00, G$1. = 1 if time > >=15:00:00 < 23:00:00 G$1 = 2 if Time...

Using Machine name in DOS Batch
Hello, I am running a script against a list of SQL Servers using a DOS Batch file. The .bat generates one output file per SQL Server instance. I can use the destination SQL Server names in the output file names, but I can not use the destination machine names. It brings the lcal machine name and use it on all the out put files. Could you tell me how I can achieve that? set dt=none set tm=none for /F "tokens=2-4 delims=/ " %%i in ('date /t') do set dt=%%i%%j%%k for /F "tokens=5-6 delims=:. " %%i in ('echo.^| time ^| find "current"...

Using sender in the reply prefix
How can I prefix replies in Outlook with the sender? It would look something like: John> How can I get that done? [FD] Try putting the ... I would like to put a variable in place of John so that when another person asks me a question I can reply using that sender's name. ...

build up an array using formulas
I want to see in a variable range (A) if a certain value occurs. The first and the last cell of range A are determined by other values. For example In col 1 I got dates from 01/01/2005 till 31/12/2005 (DD/MM/YYYY) In col 2 I got values like "CC", "VV", ... or nothing In col 4 till 7 I got something like this from till 0 01 January 2005 08 January 2005 1 09 January 2005 05 February 2005 In col 7 I would like to find the cell in col 2 where the value = "CC" within the range defined by the from and till fields. The value "CC" may normally only occ...

Create Bitmap using GDI+ FromBitmapInfo() from IMediaDet::GetBitmapBits
I used GetBitmapBits() of IMediaDet. I got the bitmap buffer. Now I created a Bitmap from this buffer. I tried painting this Bitmap in a Graphics object using the DrawImage(). It draws the specified bitmap but with change in color. Can you help me to correct colors? My code: HRESULT hr = (*pMediaDet)->GetBitmapBits (0, 0, pBuff, pvih->bmiHeader.biWidth, pvih->bmiHeader.biHeight); if (SUCCEEDED (hr)) { BITMAPINFO bi; ZeroMemory (&bi, sizeof BITMAPINFO); CopyMemory (&bi.bmiHeader, pBuff, sizeof BITMAPINFOHEADER); Bitmap bitmap (&bi, pBuff); graphics.SetCompos...

How do I change the group heading COLOR of incoming e-mail?
Is it possible to change the COLOR of the HEADING of a group for an incoming e-mail? It's pretty annoying having to search and search for incoming e-mail. Thanks so much. yes, its automatic formatting-and is part of the view settings. you can use Tools, Organize. to access it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slips...

check boxes
How do you set the check box so that when the worksheet is protected you can tab through the unprotected or input cells, and also stop on the check box for an on/off input? I'm using Excel 2000. ...

highlighting #2
I was told that although that there is no official highlight button for publisher like there is for word but there are ways to get around it. I am using the 2003 version of publisher. does anyone know the trick. Make a small box and fill it with whatever color you want. Place it behind your text and then group it with your text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "justin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17aa701c4496a$65af12f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I was told that although that there is no official > highlight button for publish...

Should I use Winforms ?
Hi all, I'm programming windows applications using Win32 sometimes, and MFC most of the time. I know how to mix managed and unmanaged c++ in my applications, so I can use the framework .net in my apps. I've read many things about Winforms, but I'm asking myself a question : Should i create my future applications using winforms instead of using Win32 or MFC ? What are the benefits to use winforms ? Can we count on an futur "MFC for winforms" ? I'm very interested about using the new framework at all, but, wouldn't it be enough to call managed api when needed fr...

Color Call by Code?
Hi everyone, In Excel, can a color be called by code? Thanks, Mike On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 06:15:54 -0800 (PST), Mike <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi everyone, > >In Excel, can a color be called by code? > >Thanks, >Mike RGB ...

HP Color Laserjet 3500 on LPT1 will not print
I changed laptops in a docking station and used a drivers CD to install the printer which was attached. Test pages and anything else I try to print goes into the print queue but never prints, finally showing an error. I downloaded the latest drivers from HP and installed them, but this hasn't fixed the problem. The original laptop still prints fine from that docking station. The old laptop was WinXP, this one is Vista. I ran the "FixIt" diagnostics but it said all problems were fixed, and it still won't print. Any suggestions for diagnosing and fixing th...

Writing Localized Strings In Cells Using Automation
Hola People, I have written a VB6 application that populates cells in an excel document with text. The user of the VB6 application selects which language the text should be in. I have created a satellite DLL for each language. Initially, when I would run the VB6 application, the text was always in english, regardless of the language selected. Then I started using the Win32 function "WideCharToMultiByte" to use a different codepage. Now the text is always written in traditional chinese, regardless of which language / Codepage the user selects. I would like to know if anyone has an...

Using sum and min in the same query
Hi all, In need to build a query that will give the sum of some ammount and will give the % depending on the last period for example 1234 1000 04 10% 1234 2000 07 4% 1234 3000 08 9% 1234 4000 10 8% -------------------------- for the query will get 1234 10000 8%(as for the last month) any ideas? So you want to compare the summed amount for this period against the summed amount for another period in the same table? Use a subquery. This example shows how to sum another period from the same table to get a year-to-date amount: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD Use the same prin...

use "template" in C
can "template" be used in .C file? I wanted to write a arameterized function, but "template" would not compile. I am thinking that the template keyword is not supported in .C file, but I just want to confirm. Thanks. WJ "WJ" <WJ@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:84083384-1716-4788-B3B5-1E564791DB57@microsoft.com... > can "template" be used in .C file? > > I wanted to write a arameterized function, but "template" would not > compile. > I am thinking that the template keyword ...

highlight
Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can't work out how to set up a rule where the message is a different color for a certain sender as I did in O! - can anyone tell me? TIA You can set flags on messages from certain senders. You can set the color of the font used in the list view using Conditional Formatting: View menu > Arrange by > Current View > Customize Current View > Automatic Formatting "Daskarzine" <Daskarzine@doesnotexist.com> wrote in message news:3fab5eb8@duster.adelaide.on.net... > Hi - just switched to Outlook 2003 from OE. I can&...

how do i use arrow keys to move from cell to cell
how do i use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell in XL2003....my arrow keys only move my scroll bars kiki You might try touching your scroll lock key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "kikikranx" <kikikranx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D693A58E-9164-45C8-B047-9211115D3A16@microsoft.com... > how do i use the arrow keys to move from cell to cell in XL2003....my arrow > keys only move my scroll bars > > kiki kiki Tap your ScrLk(scroll lock) key to toggle out of this mode. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:47...

compare & delete & color ...
Dear all , i have a vba execl question here. I have a two sheets worksheet ( HPTB and Statement ). HPTB is my trial balance which has 9 columns ( A - I ) , column c is invoice number and column H is amount ; Statement is vendor's trail balance which has 7 columns ( A - G ) , column B is invoice number and column F is amount. What I try to do is compare these two columns , if they are same invoice numbers i want to calculate the difference ( use Statement amount - HPTB amount), and if the difference is Nil , i want to delete these two rows ; if the difference not Nil , I want to leave this...

Using the Text Formula
I have a range of cells that I want to apply the =LOWER function to but each time that I go to make the text lowercase the text disappears from the cell. I was wondering if someone could tell me what I was possibly doing wrong? capnhud, with the text you want to change in column A, in B1 put =LOWER(A1) and copy down -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "capnhud" <capnhud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Text highlighting in a TreeList?
Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possible to add some text highlighting to some of the lines, like changing the color, or making it bold? (There's no indication I can find in my Newcomer book that this is possible, but it's a 9 year old book.) Yes. Owner-draw/Custom-draw tree controls did not exist when I wrote that chapter of the book. Now you would handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW notification and handle them otherwise like most owner-draw controls. joe On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:58:00 -0800, David Deley <deleyd@gte.net> wrote: >Using a TreeList in a dialog, is it possib...