Hiding Rows Based on Percentile

Hello, I have recently searched for help on the Percentile function,
and found a lot of what I was looking for. (at least I now understand
it).

However, now that I have calculated the percentile on my sheet, I want
to filer the list of rows so that only those in the nth percentile are
shown on the sheet.

How would I go about doing this ?
(I'm assuming VBA code would need to be used, but I'm not that great
with it yet)

Cheers.
J.

Numbers of users go the "helper-column" route, that is
Insert a new column (which you can later hide) and enter
in say cell G1 an   If() statement something like
=if(F1>.75,"Select-Yes","Select-No")
then use Data - Auto-Filter on your table selecting only the Select-Yes
records.
Hope this helps//

"Jonny" <jonnymenthol@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I have recently searched for help on the Percentile function,
> and found a lot of what I was looking for. (at least I now understand
> it).
>
> However, now that I have calculated the percentile on my sheet, I want
> to filer the list of rows so that only those in the nth percentile are
> shown on the sheet.
>
> How would I go about doing this ?
> (I'm assuming VBA code would need to be used, but I'm not that great
> with it yet)
>
> Cheers.
> J.

0
jmay (696)

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Making data highlight in bold
Hi all, Thanks for other advice previously. This time I would like to do the following: I have columns of sales revenue data, I would like the rows tha contain the clients details (address, # etc) to highlight in bold whe the sales exceed $30000 in the revenue column. Would I use Conditional formatting for this? Thanks in advance for any help Cheers, Saxte -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Saxter! Select the data table Format > Conditional format Formula is: (Example) =$E5>30000 Format button Select format to taste OK OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel...

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

Charts based on 'virtual' names
Hi all, Just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2007 (big jump!) and trying to fix the things that broke! I routinely make so-called "dynamic" charts in the traditional manner using ranges defined by formula which resolve to ranges of cells e.g. define 'Bias & Precision'!Samples as =OFFSET('Bias & Precision'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('Bias & Precision'!$A:$A)-1) I've had a couple of snags with these but it seems to still work as long as I watch the scope of the names. What seems to be very "broken" is the use of names which do not resolve...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Return a name in the same row
I have a 2 sheet spreadsheet. I want a formula to match a cell in column A of sheet 1 to a matching cell in column a of sheet 2 and return a name form the same matching row in column C of sheet 2. I have searched for this formula and cannot find it. Please help. Scott Sheet 1 CustNum 1 9 9 9 9 10 10 11 11 11 11 11 14 14 30 38 38 40 50 50 50 50 Sheet 2 CustNum ShopNum LastName 1 5 Name one 2 5 Name two 5 53 Name three 7 57 Name four 8 8 Name five 9 9 Name six 10 10 Name seven 11 11 Name eight 12 340 Name nine 13 12 Name ten 14 13 Name eleven...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Insert rows in Excel Ledger problem
I am using a ledger for simple accounts, Date, Name, Service, Amount and Total. The far right column keeps a running total. I have however omitted some data and am trying to add rows in various places in date order. I can insert the rows no problem, however, the final right hand cell remains blank and will not update the total. I have tried the format painter which works for all cells but the last, the format bar is greyed out along with anything else I thought I could use to solve the problem. I have tried adding the data on the last row and dragging it up to where I want it but as ...

new row insert on data entry
I am relatively new to excel. Im developing a quoting tool using excel that consists of a number of drop down lists. What i want to do is when i select something from a drop down list, a new row will automatically be inserted underneath my selection. This feature will give me the option to continue adding entries without having to insert rows manually. Also, when a new row is inserted, i would like all the formulas associated with the previous row to be preserved in the new row. Any help is greatly appreciated. Depending on the version of excel, you may find that: tools|options|Edit...

how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum
Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and st. errors of every row in five columns. Thanks, Joanna "jt42" wrote: > Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different > colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and > st. errors of every row in five columns. I assume you mean "of each row". The formula =AVERAGE(A1:E1) provides the average of row 1. The formula =STDEV(A1:E1) provides the standard deviation. The standard error is =STDEV(A1:E1)/SQRT(COUNT(A1:E1)) . Use STDEVP(...

Converting Header Rows to Add'l Detail in Rows
I am working with a spreadsheet created from our mainframe and need some assistance in converting it to a file easily used for data mining. The records are numbered by 1,2,3 ; where 1=header row, 2=detailed records for each header row, 3=sum count of the # of detailed records. Here is a sample of the data: A B C D E F 1 Test Texas PlanNumber RedLight 2 John Addy State ZipCode Expense 2 Sally Addy State ZipCode Expense 2 Jake Addy State ZipCode Ex...