Hiding formuals in cells question

Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to hide the formulas in cells without
protecting the sheet. I am making something for other teachers at my school
and I want to hide the formulas so they won't mess anything up on the
spreadsheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0
jp (62)

Hi
not without protecting the sheet but why is this a problem for you?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to hide the formulas in cells
without
> protecting the sheet. I am making something for other teachers at my
school
> and I want to hide the formulas so they won't mess anything up on the
> spreadsheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/23/2004 5:50:08 AM
AFAIK, no way..

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458

Vertical Scroll Includes Empty Cells
On one of my Excel spreadsheets, all of the empty cells are being included in the vertical scroll (which increases the document size immensely, making opening, closing and saving an extremely tedious process). How can I change the view so that only the cells containing information was included in the vertical scroll? Hi You need to reset your used range. Have a look here for info: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Andy. "Diana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:356a01c42942$d35993e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > On one of my E...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Is anyone answering questions posted in 2010?
Hi, Yesterday I entered two questions and have not seen them posted here or a reply. Also noticed that 2010 entries are not showing up... Can someone let me know if they see this posting? thanks I see your two posts yesterday, but neither appeared to be 2010 questions, and it looks like both were replied to. Sometimes the web interface has issues displaying posts from newsgroup aggregators. Try this interface: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.project/topics - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, > > Yester...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Sorting Question #3
Hi. When I sort a selection by a column that contains blanks the rows with blanks always sort to the end regardless whether I set ascending or descending. Is there anyway to reverse this? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("B11"), Order1:=xlAscending, Key2:=Range("M11" _ ), Order2:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:= _ False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal, DataOption2 _ :=xlSortTextAsNumbers Column B contains a either 'X' or '' Column M contains a number and I want the rows with an 'X&#...

netstat question
Hi, When i use netstat -an in the row "remote IP" appears: 0.0.0.0 and ":" What is this ? What mean this? Thanks and excuse my Inglish, ZIDAC "ZIDAC" <ZIDAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7F0F753-F992-4839-A5C1-EF86700EBC28@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When i use netstat -an in the row "remote IP" appears: > > 0.0.0.0 and > ":" > > What is this ? > What mean this? > > Thanks and excuse my Inglish, > ZIDAC > Basically, the ":" is IPv6,...

Cells Locking up
Hello For some reason on all Excel documents that I open or create, when I just select a cell and move my cursor the sheet highlights wherever my cursor goes. I am unable to stop this and unable to close Excel or select anything from the Tool bars. The only way can close is through Task Manager. Is there some sort of setting that I have selected or is my Excel corrupt? Cheers This might seem an odd solution, but try clicking 1) your middle mouse button (we have the same at work with drive problems) 2) at the bottom; near the sheets tabs (I've seen this before when i loads the ...

HELP: big problem with Excel, source cells, crashing and general madness
I have been on microsoft.public.excel.crashesgpfs but so far just the one reply (from someone who has exactly the same problem as we do and has not yet solved it either). Anyone here can help??? My boss has this massive Excel spreadsheet with a number of worksheets linked with other spreadsheets etc. He is using Excel 2000 on Office 2000. His computer was crashing with the above whenever he tried to do work on it. We bought him a brand new computer, 1 gig of RAM, 80 GB of HDD. We're a small company - a charity - so this was as powerful as we could afford. This was a week ago and it&#...

Printing Shaded Cells
I suddenly can't print out the cells that I have shaded with grey with my black and white printer. It shows it in Print Preview but then it doesn't print the grey. HELP! Usually it will print what shows in preview. Probably related to printer setting? Did you try it before? "Teladria" wrote: > I suddenly can't print out the cells that I have shaded with grey with my > black and white printer. It shows it in Print Preview but then it doesn't > print the grey. HELP! Yes, I have lots of experience with Excel. It turns out I have to shade the cell w...

Date-orientated update of cells in different spreadsheets
Dear Excel experts! Hope I am right here... I would like to create a customer-orientated & task daily checklist. Basically, I want to have a single spreadsheet (spreadsheet1) and worksheet (worksheet1) with customer names along the left (1 per row) and tasks along the top (1 per column) which I update on a daily basis. Once the task has been performed for a customer, a value will be written in the appropriate field i.e. for customer1, the task1 result "passed" would be typed into B2, however, for customer2, task1 might have "failed" which would be typed into C...

Setting Cell Color within a Cell
I'm using quick test professional which uses Excel DataTables, but with half the functionality. I'm basically exporting a the datatable from Mercury quick test to excel. With in my quick test script I'm performing a compare between two excel documents, and I wish to represent the difference with a Red background. Basically, Is they anyway in which I could add so code within my cell that would automatically change the back ground color. Example: My result is 4.13. I would then change this variable within quicktest to something like vbRed.4.13. Then when it gets sen...

How do I stop cells from expanding?
Hey all. Just got Excel 2003, and have a real basic question. I'm working in large files with very long cells, and everytime i click into one to edit it, it expands to take up almost the entire screen. Problem is, i need to look at cells in other columns, and this is a huge pain. How do i get it to stop? Thanks in advance! If it is the formula bar that bothers you can turn it off temporarily under view>formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frodomojo" <frodomojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD91C628-9456-454D-9E2A-EF42F6F7F494@microsoft.co...

hide my name

Wrap Text from one cell to another cell
I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Please help. "bras" wrote: > I want type all my text into C111 (1-3 pages worth). I want this text to > automatically wrap to D111 to E111 to F111 to G111, etc. > > The cell appears to have a maximum limit of characters. Copied from the help file:- Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar. Have y...

insert zeros in front of cells already filled with data.
If there is data is a column of cells in Excel how do I insert/add additional data (000) in front of each cell? Two ways. If all cells should be the same length, like a check number or an account number, it's called "leading zeroes": http://www.officearticles.com/excel/show_leading_zeroes_in_microsoft_excel.htm If you just want to put 3 zeroes in front of other text, you can use another column to create a formula: ="000"&a1 will give you the contents of A1 preceded by 3 zeroes. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Horizon" <...

Combine cells and keep the values
Hello all. I comment you a strange thing that makes my Excel (Office 2003 SP2). (Perhaps is a piece of nonsense and I have reinvent the wheel) In the range ‘A1:A10’ of an empty worksheet I write several values (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). In the cell ‘A11’ I put `=Average(A1:A10)'. (Result = 5.5) I select the range ’B1:B10’ and with `Format - Alignment', I combine the cells. I copy the combined range ‘B1:B10’ and in A1 I made a Special Paste - Format (if I combine A1:A10 directly does not work) The range ’A1:A10’ is combined and shows the value that was in A1 (1) but it conserves...

Newbie e-mail question
Hi all. I'm new to this site and would appreciate some formatting help. I created a new Word doc and copied and pasted some graphics and some simple text boxes in to it. The graphics and text boxes were created in Powerpoint by someone else. Looks fine on my screen. Before sending it out via e-mail to an Outlook e-mail group I have, I first sent myself a test message to see what it would look like on the receiving end. It looks a mess! The text boxes are all over the place, as is the text that is not in a box. Also, everything slide over to the left hand margin a little bit, so the e...

Put Active Worksheet's Name in a Cell #3
Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? Not the file name of the whole workbook, just the name of the currently selected sheet. Thanks for your help. Hi Corey, There are a few ways this can be done using either macros or functions, here's one of each: *=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1, LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) (sourced from Chip Pearson's site, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelF.htm) I recommend checking this page out as it also shows ot...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

How to enable auto height with merged cells?
I previously asked a question regarding auto height with merged cells and was given a code to enter into visual basic. I entered the code and copied & pasted a narrative into the row. It originally seemed to work. But after closing the workbook and re-opening it another day the 'referenced' row is back to the original height. Is there a way to for the row height to expand and remain sized so anyone accessing the workbook can read the narrative? Additionall, I need the row to remain at the full height when printing the worksheeet. ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

How can I blank a cell until a ref cell has the correct data?
I am creating a worksheet. The date is entered in, lets just say A1 for the beginning of the week starting on Saturday. The results are the "mon & day" for each of the seven days for the week by ref cell A1 and using "=A1+1", "=A1+2, etc., to finish off the week. When there is no date in the ref cell (A1), the results are "1/0 1/1 1/2 1/3 1/4 1/5 1/6". How can I hide this or keep these results from appearing and only appearing when a valid date is entered into A1? Thanks for any help.... =IF($A$2>1,A$2+1,""). Puts a NULL in...

only returning cells with Text in it
Hi, I have a column that returns some text, if something else is true. Now what I want to do is take only the cells in that column and list them on another sheet. The trick is, that ill need to do this with a frmula, since it will be a hosted template and the user wont be able to use excel functions like sort, etc. so, if I have 10 cells and 3 of them have test in them, I want to show only the text in those 3 cells in another sheet. I hope that makes sense.... Thanks for your help.... Assuming that Sheet1!A1:A10 contains your data, enter the following formula in Sheet2!A1 and copy do...