Hiding formuals in cells question

Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to hide the formulas in cells without
protecting the sheet. I am making something for other teachers at my school
and I want to hide the formulas so they won't mess anything up on the
spreadsheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0
jp (62)

Hi
not without protecting the sheet but why is this a problem for you?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to hide the formulas in cells
without
> protecting the sheet. I am making something for other teachers at my
school
> and I want to hide the formulas so they won't mess anything up on the
> spreadsheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/23/2004 5:50:08 AM
AFAIK, no way..

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458

Formatting Cells Containing Date Fields That Are Text
Someone here at work imported into Excel a column of text data that looks like mm/dd/yyyy form but need to be mmddyyyy. I thought I could simply highlight the columns, click on Format/Cells/Custom and create mmddyyyy. I do this but the data doesn't change UNTIL I highlight each cell and press F2 or double-click in each cell or create a formula using Right, Mid, etc. When I press F2 or double-click, I notice that an X and a check mark both appear to the right of the Row/ Column box. There's got to be an easier way to do this besides 'onesie-twosie' but we can't figure it...

Excel chart-y axis title question
Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar problem? Thanks. Many people have reported this problem, and the following post by Jon Peltier may help you: http://groups.google.ca/groups?&threadm=OviGl8Z3EHA.208%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl springwinterfall wrote: > Everytime I have a y axis title and it will not show up the end of the title. > I tried to use small font but it doesn't help. Does anyone ever have similar > problem? Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Ex...

additional exchage in a shared address space / install question
Hello Group! I am about to run out of space on my exchange server, so I came here for an advice. I have 3 physical locations Location 1 - Headquarters (50 Users in the workgroup environment) Location 2 - Remote Site (10 Users Domain Environment with Exchange) Location 3 - Remote Site (7 Users Domain Environment) I have a Gateway to Gateway VPN tunnel between Location 2 and 3. I am in a single Active Directory 2003 forest with a single domain (mycompany.local) DC at the location 2 holds all 5 FSMO roles. Exchange 2003 Enterprise is configured on the same server. Users from 2nd location run...

Tabbing to non sequenced cells in Excel 2000
Can I tab over to only cells that need info input, and skip over other cells? If you protect the worksheet that will happen. While holding down the CTRL key, use the mouse to select the cells you wish to tab through Select Format/Cells and unselect "Locked" on the "Protection" tab Then go into Tools/Protection and select Protect Sheet Now, if you don't use a password, anyone will be able to simply unprotect the sheet as needed and have the "tabbing" capability. "cwalton" <cwalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1783FC04...

Splitting Cells
Does Excel 2002 allow splitting a cell? I have been asked that question, and I cannot find the answer on this site. Maybe one of you can help. Thanks, Don -- DonDavis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DonDavis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27767 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=472766 Hello DonDavis, Depends on what you mean by 'splitting a cell'. This can be taken a few ways. There are some functions which you can use that will look at a cell and show ...

Past Questions and Answers
Hello How can I find out past questions and answers for a specific topic? I lost the answer to my question, which was posted here last week? thank you I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.excel.*&num=100 da wrote: > > Hello > How can I find out past questions and answers for a specific topic? I lost > the answer to my question, which was posted here last week? > thank you -- Dave Peterson ...

Toolbar dropdown question
Hi, Office XP and Outlook Express will automatically display the double arrow indicating that there are more buttons on the toolbar when the window is resized to the point it hides a few buttons of the toolbar. When we click on this double arrow, a dropdown containing the hidden buttons will pop up. Does CToolBar have this capability? I have taken a look at CToolBar but it did not imply anything to the trick. Anyone has a good suggestion? Thanks much. TDN wrote: > Hi, > > Office XP and Outlook Express will automatically display the double arrow > indicating that there are mor...

Adding highlighted cells only -Excel 2000
Anyone know if there is a way to add only cells that are highlighted? I would like to see quick sums of only the cells I have highlighted and hoping there might be a way to do this quickly and easily. I have to do this many times with various cells with differing number values. Thanks in advance K By "highlighted" do you mean colored or simply selected? If the latter, use the Sum on the Status Bar. If the former..................... You will have to use VBA to grab the colorindex of the cells. Do you want to do that? See Chip Pearson's site for UDF's for working with co...

Blank Cells #3
if there are blank cells in a range which i would specify i want to put in the text "-". what kind of code would i use? thanks Select the range, press F5, click special and select blanks, press enter. type - and press ctrl + enter instead of enter Note that if you have numbers in the other cells it is not a good design using text as well Regards, Peo Sjoblom "daphoenix" <daphoenix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEE7427B-C73F-4F6D-970B-8D438C42661A@microsoft.com... > if there are blank cells in a range which i would specify i want to p...

Excel Cell Formatting, multiple lines
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to force a line wrap within a cell in Excel, similar to the way Shift^Return forces a line wrap in a table cell in Word? Control+Command+Return as well as Control+Option+Return. Have a look in Excel Help for others: Keyboard shortcuts used in Excel. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/22/10 1:51 PM, in article 59bb8db7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "IHS@officeformac.com" <IHS@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (S...

Opening file question
When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then click print preview the content of the sheet is there. Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works fine. Not a major problem but annoying. Any one shed any light? Cheers, Ash. I think xl is trying to help you. Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously. If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open it the same win...

seeing the formula (not the cell)
Hi All, Suddendly, I have this strange behaviour. I have a cell say C3 which contains 2b as a text. Then on cell I4, I want to se the content of cell C3. on cell I4, I used to type =C3, then on I4, I would see 2b. What is strange now, is that on I4, I see =C3 (the "formula" and not the result). What is more surprizing, is that on this excell file, I have 2 sheets. On the first sheet, referencing works fine. On the second sheet, I can see only the formula. What do I do to not see the formula, but the resut ? I don't remeber touching any option. Regards Jean Simon Your cel...

Combined Cell Value
Hi All, I have list in following format: A B C D E 0 1 2 3 4 Results wanted: F "0","1","2","3","4" One more question is it possible to merge multiple column values into one column without lost the values? Thanks in advance. While you posted in a programming newsgroup, the solution does not require VB code to accomplish; simply copy/paste the following formula into F1 and copy it down as needed... =""""&A1&""","""&B1&am...

Lookup values on a form, trivial question?!
Hi everyone, This is really silly but I have searched everywhere (starting with my "Form and report design for Access 2007" book) for an explanation on how I make a form with: Field A (text box) is INPUT value (customer number), and Field B-D should (after input value is entered in "textbox A") display more information about the customer in different textboxes (such as "customer name, phone number etc")- (This is just an example, the "customer-information" could be in one or several different - relational - tables, if that makes a difference...)...

restrict view of certain cells in excel
I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am trying to make it so those that do not have the password can view the sheet "read only" but cannot view certain cells. Those that do have the password can view all cells. Perhaps save as 2 Workspaces? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/save-as-workspace.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Firemann25" <Firemann25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA92F134-6CDD-438A-85A8-473AC0F4D57B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to restrict access to some users in excel. I am tryi...

cell comparison
I am trying to set up a formula in which I have a chart of number 1 - 15 to equal the number of years service with a company. Beside it is the number of vaction days for each of those years. Example 1 year-15 days 2 years- 16 days etc. I have a spread sheet that includes names and years of service based on hire date. I want to have excel look at the list and from the list find the number of years and place the number of days in the column beside the number of years of service in the spread sheet. I think It will work, but I do not know what formulas to use and cannot understand en...

cached exchange mode question
A user in my organization has Outlook 2003 on her laptop at home. In order to improve performance I have set it up in cached exchange mode. when se sent an email last night everything worked fine and the recipient received it. However, when she checked new emails from home they did not show up as already read when she arrived in the office. Also, the email she sent from home on her laptop did not show up in your sent items box at the office computer. I know this is a syncrhonization issue, but how can I adjust how cached exchange mode behaves and make sure that her sent items folder also ge...

2 questions
In one cell in the SS, I have a comma delineated group of numbers eg 23,4,5,36,2 Is it possible to determine that another cells contents resides within this number set? eg can somehow determine the number 5 (cell g44) resides in this group? Thanks In another worksheet we have, we wish to maintain a number of them as Flat File Databases, and dump 60,000 records in each. We have "The dummies guide to excel" and I am sure I read that if set up as a database the limitations are 256 columns/fields and 16,000 records. Is this true? if so, why? Thank you. Thank you doubleDD, wo...

Copy row based on cell content
Hi I have a workbook with about 100 sheets; they are all formatted the same as far as rows, columns, etc. The data in the cells is different. I would like to copy a range of rows based on the contents of a cell on the worksheet. To further explain, I have one of three possible values in cell A1. Based on this value, I want to copy the range of A5:M13 to another sheet, named the same as the cell. I need to repeat this process for all of the sheets in the workbook. I would like to automate the process because the sheets are going to be updated often, and I would need to revise this "...

Licensing Question for CRM
I have a customer that is a franchisor. He is being courted by a competitor who is telling him that he can utilize Sharepoint in concert with CRM as a work around for licensing many users (the Franchisees) for the CRM product. The franchisees would use CRM to manage their end customers. The vendor is telling them that it is a valid work around with the licensing agreement since the franchisees are not actually employees of the company. Does anyone know if this is possible? Not a valid work around! -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobitech 402.330.0707 www.mobitechonline.com "Tim"...

Run Macro(save workbook) after cell updated
Hello I need a way of saving a workbook after I input something(a user name) into a cell in column A. I have recorded a macro to save the workbook I just need it to run when I update one of the cells. There is a total of 22 worksheets I have to apply this to so f there is a quick way of apply it to all the sheets that would be even better. Thanx Titch -- titch ------------------------------------------------------------------------ titch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31190 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

question on pivot table
Hi, Is there a limit to the no of columns allowed to be placed in the ro area? Excel XP seems to allow more columns to be added as I encountered limit when using Excel 2000. Please advise. Thanks a lot!! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com These MSKB article outline the limits for Excel 2000 and Excel 2002: XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211517 XL2002: Limits of PivotTables in Microso...

Another question about joins
Students: StudentID, CompanyID Companies: CompanyID, CompanyName ClassRegister: ClassRegisterID, StudentID, ClassID Classes: ClassID, InstructorID, LocationID, StatusID Instructors: InstructorID, InstructorName Locations: LocationID, LocationName Status: StatusID, StatusFlag Given the tables above (where there is a many to many relationship between Classes and Students handled by the ClassRegister table), I have been trying to write a query that will be used in a report with the following structure: Company -Location --Class: Instructor, Status ---Student I have tried a 100 different querie...

Publishing Questions, Pages aren't being published
I have designed a site in frontpage 2003, I have saved all my files, organized them, and created a navigation menu with hyperlinks. I am having a couple of problems... ( I have hosting with GreenGeeks.com and they have the Frontpage extensions, which I was able to "install". ) OK, when I publish, I have about 8 pages. The only page that publishes to the internet successfully is the index page. For some reason, all the other pages do not publish. What am I doing wrong? Tirnanogarabs.com When you click on the graphic, it is supposed to take you to the actual ...