Hiding blank rows

I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone,
business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of
the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do
this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael

try adding a column
in that column put something like
=if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1)
 and use autofilter to hide the 1s

"mlkpied" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone,
> business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of
> the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do
> this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael
0
BJ (832)

how to search for '1 ' the number 1 and 9 blanks?
how can you search for imbedded blanks? i need to search for the number 1 followed by 9 blanks? i have tried quotes and double quotes, neither worked. I keep getting every email with the number 1 in it. "kafoland" <kafoland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6B9AB63-EFA9-469B-B582-B6D18F3F4111@microsoft.com... > how can you search for imbedded blanks? i need to search for the number 1 > followed by 9 blanks? i have tried quotes and double quotes, neither worked. > I keep getting every email with the number 1 in it. Searches tend to treat ...

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

Fixing a row number for an item
Good evening all. I have trawled through google, but to no avail - maybe I was not precise enough. Any assistence here would be most appreciated. I have a simple table as below: A B 1 Reference Cost (�) - Headers 2 115 89 3 102 25 4 026 56 5 012 99 6 155 22 7 102 12 Now I sort the table - descending (B) - (I stipulate a header row). However I wish to be able to re-sort, to...

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

hide my name

how can i transfer data from one sheet to another without blank li
Dear All I have extracted data from a system to a sheet including blank lines between the data. Any idea of how i can transfer the data from one sheet to another without any blank lines, in order to do my job using excel functions? Thanks in advance If you mean blank rows why dont you just sort the data? In case you need to retain the order (you can use a temporary column); insert an additional column say A. Number 1,2,....till the end in cells a1,a2 ...... Sort col B. Delete the blank rows..and then sort by ColA...Remove ColA -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Manos&q...

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Skip multiple blanks
The following details will skip blank cells in a range so that when creating a custom validation list there will be no blanks. BA4:BA500 contain customer names BB4:BB500 contains the formula: =IF(INDIRECT("BA"&ROW(IV4))="","",ROW()) BC4:BC500 contains the formula: =INDEX(INDIRECT("$BA$4:$BA$500"),MATCH(SMALL($BB$4:$BB$500,ROWS($IV$1:IV1)), $BB$4:$BB$500,0)) Defined range with the name SkipCustomerBlanks: =OFFSET(Customer!$BC$4,0,0,SUMPRODUCT(--NOT(ISERROR(Customer!$BC$4:$BC$500)) ),) When a customer name is deleted in BA the range BC4:BC500 then...

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

how do I promote the highlighted rows to the top?
As title. After viewing a big file and highlighted several rows with yellow, I am planing to goback to change or relook those rows. How do I move all those rows to the top of the spreadsheet? Thanks Hi harry Why don't you use Conditional formatting to highlighted a row. For example when you enter a "x" in column A. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html This way you can use AutoFilter to Filter on The "x" -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "harry" <harryliuusa@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eVU2K8VsEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14....

Referencing a Row value from within a VLOOKUP
Hello group, I've worked with excel for many years, but I could use some help throwing this together. The background: I have two sheets within the same workbook. One sheet has check numbers and values that have been issued by the company. The other sheet has that same information, but only what has been reported back to us by the bank. I working on streamlining the comparison between the two sheets to more easily see what checks are outstanding (have not been cashed at the bank). Also, if the check has been cashed, I want to compare the value that the bank recorded with the v...

Typing :: Blank Text
Hello, While typing a note in any situation, we get nothing but black text. Hitting the enter key reveals the text you have typed but as you continue to type it is blank until you hit the enter key. Any suggestions here? US Computer Group ...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Prints blank page first?
I created a publication on one computer (Pub 2000, Win98SE), burned it to a CD, and am trying to print from another computer (Publisher 2000 with Win2000 and an HP Deskjet printer). Ctrl+P, Print page 1 to 1 - and I get a blank sheet coming out first, then Page 1. Same thing happened with Page 2. Did I miss a setting somewhere? Ed Did you try copying the file to the hard drive first and then print? Open the printers and fax folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, properties, advanced tab, separator page button, clear anything it may say in the "separator page"...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...