Hiding a worksheet #3

I want to hide a worksheet.  So, I went to the format menu and the "worksheet" option is grayed out.  Why?  And, how do I "ungray" it.
0
llong1 (3)

Hi
is your worksheet protected ?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

llong wrote:
> I want to hide a worksheet.  So, I went to the format menu and the
> "worksheet" option is grayed out.  Why?  And, how do I "ungray" it.
0
frank.kabel (11126)
6/9/2004 8:56:30 PM
I think Frank meant to ask about the Workbook--not the worksheet.
(Check under Tools|protection|Protect workbook or Unprotect workbook)

My question is:  Is there another sheet in the workbook?  You have to have at
least one visible all the time.

Frank Kabel wrote:

> Hi
> is your worksheet protected ?
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> llong wrote:
> > I want to hide a worksheet.  So, I went to the format menu and the
> > "worksheet" option is grayed out.  Why?  And, how do I "ungray" it.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Dave Peterson wrote:
> I think Frank meant to ask about the Workbook--not the worksheet.
> (Check under Tools|protection|Protect workbook or Unprotect workbook)
>
> My question is:  Is there another sheet in the workbook?  You have to
> have at least one visible all the time.
>

> Frank Kabel wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> is your worksheet protected ?
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>
>> llong wrote:
>>> I want to hide a worksheet.  So, I went to the format menu and the
>>> "worksheet" option is grayed out.  Why?  And, how do I "ungray" it.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
6/10/2004 12:29:15 AM
The workbook is not protected.  There are other sheets in the file.  It's like this for all of my files.  It must be a setting, but I can't find it.  I've been through all the options under "Tools".

Thanks.

LL

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi Dave
> thanks for the correction :-)
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Dave Peterson wrote:
> > I think Frank meant to ask about the Workbook--not the worksheet.
> > (Check under Tools|protection|Protect workbook or Unprotect workbook)
> >
> > My question is:  Is there another sheet in the workbook?  You have to
> > have at least one visible all the time.
> >

> > Frank Kabel wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi
> >> is your worksheet protected ?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Frank Kabel
> >> Frankfurt, Germany

0
llong1 (3)
6/10/2004 11:45:01 AM
Hi
is your workbook shared?. Also are other options also not available?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

llong wrote:
> The workbook is not protected.  There are other sheets in the file.
> It's like this for all of my files.  It must be a setting, but I
> can't find it.  I've been through all the options under "Tools".
>
> Thanks.
>
> LL
>
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave
>> thanks for the correction :-)
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Frank Kabel
>> Frankfurt, Germany
>>

>> Dave Peterson wrote:
>>> I think Frank meant to ask about the Workbook--not the worksheet.
>>> (Check under Tools|protection|Protect workbook or Unprotect
>>> workbook)
>>>
>>> My question is:  Is there another sheet in the workbook?  You have
>>> to have at least one visible all the time.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
6/10/2004 12:22:07 PM
I fixed it.  Did a right click on the "Format" icon, then Customize, then "reset."  That got it back.  But, every time a log out and back in I lose it again.

Thanks for your help.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> is your workbook shared?. Also are other options also not available?
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> llong wrote:
> > The workbook is not protected.  There are other sheets in the file.
> > It's like this for all of my files.  It must be a setting, but I
> > can't find it.  I've been through all the options under "Tools".
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > LL
> >
> > "Frank Kabel" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Dave
> >> thanks for the correction :-)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards
> >> Frank Kabel
> >> Frankfurt, Germany

> the

0
llong1 (3)
6/10/2004 2:41:17 PM
First thing I'd try is to dump the file that holds those toolbar
customizations.  Maybe there's something wrong with it (corrupted???) and it
refuses to remember your last setting.

close excel
windows start button|find/search for *.xlb

rename them to *.xlbOLD
and try it normally again.  If it worked ok, then dump those *.xlbOLD files
and recreate your toolbars at your leisure.

If it didn't help, rename them back to *.xlb and see if there's something else
that's causing the trouble.

Maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's disabling that option for you.

If you start excel in Safe mode (after you reset the toolbar), is that option
ok?

reset the toolbar
close excel
windows start button|run
excel /safe

If it's ok, you may want to start looking for that "helpful" program.

You can use some techniques that Chip Pearson shares on his web site:

Essentially, you're going to move stuff out of your XLStart folder and uncheck
everything under Tools|Addins.  (But keep track!)

Then one by one, you'll add one back and restart excel to see if that caused the
problem.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

Investments #3
When is Microsoft going to use Yodlee like everyone else so we can track all our investments in one place?? What's Yodlee? Who is "everyone else"? Given the apparent AOL connection, my best guess, all other things being equal which I suspect they are not, is not soon. What about Money prevents you from "tracking all [y]our investments in one place"? "Chuck" <chucknospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%gUHc.79747$OB3.11004@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > When is Microsoft going to use Yodlee like everyone else so we can track all &g...

CRM 3.0 / Oulook 2003
Hello Every1, I am looking for doc or manual which explains in details about integration of outlook 2003 and MS CRM I had currently SBS 2003 Box with Exchange 2003 & CRM installed and configured. I am facing an issue related to CRM, i find activities under Outlook (CRM PST) but when i check same on CRM Web i see nothing in same client. can any1 point me what could be issue :-)? Regards, Sunil ...

hide my name

Emailing a Worksheet
Is it possible to email a single worksheet in such a way that th recepient can make changes to the worksheet and send it back to me? I so, can I then replace the existing worksheet with the revise worksheet I receive back? Thanks for any help. (I'm looking to avoi having to send an entire workbook -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at the following site for some example code http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Sheet -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is it possible to email a single worksheet in such a way that the > recepient can make...

no love from hq client unless you use a 401 Worksheet?
hi all, for some stores in our business certain information won't get sent to our HQ database even after syncing up using the client....unless i first create a 401 Data Upload worksheet first. i'm positive it's something going wrong. consider these 2 examples: (1) i create a transfer in Store A going to Store B, then sync with HQ. HQ sees the transfer from Store A but refuses to send the transer to Store B unless I first send a 401 Worksheet to Store B. Then and only then will the transfer go through. I posted about this issue before, and beleive me it's not a configuration is...

Increasing the Vertial Size of a 3-D Line Chart
Hi Everyone I have a chart that looks good if I've only got a few items on the category (x) axis (for days). However when I include more days the height of the chart decreases leaving a lot of white space at the top and bottom of the chart. I have increased the chart size but this only helps a bit. I think what I need to do is somehow change the feature that automatically sets the vertical scale so I can set it to manual. I realise that this will change the relationship between the X and Y axis but this is what I want to do. Hope this make sense and someone can help Thank you Ma...

Shared Worksheet
Hello All, I have 5 users in my warehouse that have a shared worksheet that all members can make changes. This is working well except for 1 item. When someone makes a change all of the others do a ctrl+s to update what changes were made but this is a truck loading list and the others update OK but the save does not put the list in the proper order. If someone inserted a line in the middle and saved, the other users see it on the first line not the intended line. The cells that have been added and changed also shows a small triangle in the corner of the cell. The question is how do we hav...

Macro to copy Excel values between worksheets
hi, I have use the Excel Tip Copy a column or columns from each sheet into one sheet using VBA in Microsoft Excel. I try to use the copy values A5:A20 and IQ5:IT20 from sheet 1 to Sheet 2. However, when i run the macro, it only copy the value in A5:A20 to Sheet2. There are formulas (SUM) used in IQ5:IT20. How can I modify the macro to copy the two ranges of value into another sheet? Will the format of the cells influence the results? Please help me asap. Thankyou very much! +----------------------------------------------------------------+ | Attachment file...

Put Active Worksheet's Name in a Cell #3
Is there a way to put the active worksheet's name in the cell? Not the file name of the whole workbook, just the name of the currently selected sheet. Thanks for your help. Hi Corey, There are a few ways this can be done using either macros or functions, here's one of each: *=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1, LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))) (sourced from Chip Pearson's site, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelF.htm) I recommend checking this page out as it also shows ot...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

CRM 3.0 with Exchange 2007
We are currently on CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003 utilizing the email router. We plan on upgrading to Exchange 2007, but remain on CRM 3.0. Everything I have been reading informs me that CRM 3.0 email router cannot be installed on Exchange 2007 and must remain on Exchange 2000/2003 (I understand you can use the hotfix for forwarding rules, etc... to Exchange 2007). With the release of CRM 4.0, and forgive me if this is a silly question, could we install the CRM 4.0 email router on Exchange 2007 (so we can get rid of our Exchange 2003 server) and still be able to use it with our CRM 3.0 i...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Exchange 2003 migration problems #3
I have just migrated a Exchange 2000 sp 3to 2003 sp 2. Still having the old one running. Both servers are domain controllers ( the old one will be depromoted when everything works fine ) I moved all mailboxes to the new server and all clients changed ok. Now some of the clients can't delete mails in the deleted items folder and they can't create new folders. Some can't move mails between folders and som get errors when opening folders ( could not locate or resource error ) When they connect with OWA there seems to be no problems. The clients are windows xp pro sp2 with O...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Copying and numbering worksheets
I am trying to set up a new purchase ordering system using Excel. I am trying to set up a macro which will copy the master worksheet and number it as the next PO is needed. We have a separate workbook for each job and PO's are listed as XY-001, XY-002 ,... ...

Will this work? #3
I have edb and stm files in a separate hard disk from a domain that does not exists anymore. I create a new server with Exchange, and new domain, with same usernames an everything almost indentical, but rebuilt from scracth. I stop Exchange services, and in the new Exchange server, I replace new edb and stm files with the old ones (the ones I recovered from the broken server). I start Exchange services. will this work? On 29 Dec 2006 04:17:39 -0800, "VistaUser" <eaemtxy02@sneakemail.com> wrote: >I have edb and stm files in a separate hard disk from a domain that >doe...

time sheets #3
i got to produce a report from time sheets that employes give in . they can be at many jobs in a day . i need the report to show each man his jobs for the week , the hours and the costs . help "=?Utf-8?B?a2FyZW4=?=" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:22DB705F-14C6-448B-926A-94CD38A2210F@microsoft.com: > i got to produce a report from time sheets that employes give in . > they can be at many jobs in a day . i need the report to show each man > his jobs for the week , the hours and the costs . help > I would use Access for that with maybe the follo...

Calculating Percentages #3
I am doing a simple percentage calculation, however the two percentages are not adding up to 100%, is there a reason for this? Thanks for any help with this matter. Could you provide an example? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200507/1 What are your input values? "tifosi3" wrote: > I am doing a simple percentage calculation, however the two percentages are > not adding up to 100%, is there a reason for this? Thanks for any help with > this matter. > We'd need to have the exact numbers you're worki...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

Hiding plot Area

Summing up data from various worksheets
I have daily data all on different worksheets (31 in total) and I would like to add up all of the data in these worksheets in a monthly compilation I have so far been using the =sum('jan. 1'!B6, 'jan. 2'!B6 ... etc.) which although is effective is very time consuming is there an easier way to sum up all of the b6 cells without entering them individually? Thanks -- mark_vi_ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_vi_'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24507 View this thread: http://www.excelf...