Hide toolbars when file opens

Hi all,

I have created a file for people to use to get quotes.  When the file
opens, I do not want them to have access to any toolbars.  How can I
hide these when the file is opened, but only for this file - not any
others that the user may subsequently open.  All that they may need to
do, is print the page out after getting a quote.

Many thanks.

Rob

You can use this in the Thisworkbook module Rob

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
    Dim bar As CommandBar
    For Each bar In Application.CommandBars
    bar.Enabled = False
    Next
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
    Dim bar As CommandBar
    For Each bar In Application.CommandBars
    bar.Enabled = True
    Next
End Sub

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"Rob Gould" <robin_gould_durban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ffbbcdf4.0311060517.57a2ba74@posting.google.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I have created a file for people to use to get quotes.  When the file
> opens, I do not want them to have access to any toolbars.  How can I
> hide these when the file is opened, but only for this file - not any
> others that the user may subsequently open.  All that they may need to
> do, is print the page out after getting a quote.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Rob

0
rondebruin (3789)
11/6/2003 1:41:09 PM
Thanks Ron - That is great.  Can you add code so that  the formula
bar, and sheet tabs are also hidden? Also, there are 3 worksheets in
this file.  I need the same settings on all sheets - at the moment,
the second and third sheets still show the row and column headings,
which I would like hidden as per sheet 1.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Rob
Hi Rob

>and sheet tabs are also hidden
>row and column headings

This things will be saved with the file
Change it in Tools>Options and save the file

For the formulabar/statusbar you can use this
Run the subs in the Activate and Deactivate event

copy the code below in a normal module

Dim Sbar As Boolean
Dim fbar As Boolean

Sub hide()
    Dim bar As CommandBar
    For Each bar In Application.CommandBars
    bar.Enabled = False
    Next
    fbar = Application.DisplayFormulaBar
    Sbar = Application.DisplayStatusBar
    With Application
    .DisplayFormulaBar = False
    .DisplayStatusBar = False
    End With
End Sub

Sub show()
    Dim bar As CommandBar
    For Each bar In Application.CommandBars
    bar.Enabled = True
    Next
    With Application
    .DisplayFormulaBar = fbar
    .DisplayStatusBar = Sbar
    End With
End Sub

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2002 SP-2)

"Rob Gould" <robin_gould_durban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ffbbcdf4.0311070114.54f0b544@posting.google.com...
> Thanks Ron - That is great.  Can you add code so that  the formula
> bar, and sheet tabs are also hidden? Also, there are 3 worksheets in
> this file.  I need the same settings on all sheets - at the moment,
> the second and third sheets still show the row and column headings,
> which I would like hidden as per sheet 1.
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rob

0
rondebruin (3789)

Store file sizes do not make sense.
I am running Exchange Enterprise 2003 sp1 My priv1.edb is 20GB's, my priv1.stm is 70GB's. All but one of my users is using Outlook 2003. (the one user that doesn't use ol2003 is me) We only have limited use of OWA. I have tried to perform an offline defrag, and the stm file only dropped by 1 GB. I am left wondering what is actually in the STM file when you add up all the mailboxes, it only totals approximately 18GB's. The couple of questions I have. What in the world of Microsoft is chewing up so much space? Other than moving all of the mailboxes to another server, cleaning ...

Cannot Create File When That File Already Exists Installation Error
Hi, I'm running a test install of MSCRM on a VPC and I'm getting an error message that says Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ConfigureServiceVirtualDirAction failed. Cannot create a file when that file already exists. It gives me the option to Retry, which immediately fails and displays the error again, and to Cancel, which will end the installation process early and show me a log, but the log doesn't say what file it is attempted to create that already exists. The VPC is the latest one (not the one that's coming out right NOW, but the last one). The server is running on S...

Slow opening across a LAN
Hi gang is it normal for there to be a significant difference in file opening times between 1/ opening excel and then opening a server based workbook from within the file menu 2/ going to the workbook on the server and double clicking differential seems to be a magnitude of 5 or 10 TIA BobH We use xl2k at work and if you start the timing with the double click event or clicking on the Open button, then I've never noticed a difference between the two methods. As a test, can you copy a file to a local harddrive and try both ways with that? (And a completely off the wall guess: Is the...

Hiding formuals in cells question

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

How to permanently save the Outlook 2003 toolbar settings?
I just upgrtaded from OL 2000 to OL 2003. I have a problem with the toolbars now: When I start OL there are three toolbars visible, the Standard and Advanced toolbars plus the "Norton Antispam Outlook Plugin" toolbar. I have another antispam program and so I have disabled Norton in its control panel, but the toolbar is still popping up in Outlook. If I uncheck it in the rightclick menu it goes away but after I close and then restart Outlook it is back again! I have in vain tried to locate a "Save Settings" button in Outlook 2003 in order to permanently get rid of the toolb...

Ill Ex03 server, can't open event log or change services with msc
I have an exchange 2003 server which did not come up happily after a reboot which I forced after the latest IMF update. (Dell raid 5 powerdege Hardware seems OK) I have a message saying that " a service did not start" etc. What I did was start in safe mode and try to change the service start up manual, however althogh I could view the services, I could could not right click and change properties. Also I could view the event log, but not the properties for each event. I was, however able to edit the registry to change service properities. Reboot and go in in "un-safe&quo...

Uploading Excel Files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Any new Excel spreadsheet that I create opens and operates normally on my Mac. However, anytime it is uploaded - to attach to an email, to a syncing service such as Dropbox, to google docs, etc. - the file changes format and turns into something unrecognizable that cannot be opened with Excel. <br><br>Example: I just created a &quot;test&quot; blank spreadsheet and saved it as an xlsx. I emailed it to myself. Once attached to the email, it appears and opens as a plain text file. When I try this on...

SYLK file format
Hi all, I'm going crazy to find any updated info about the SYLK (SYmbolic LinK) File format. Google.com, Mamma.com, MSDN, TECHNET, I have searched really everywere finding only useless things or broken links. The only details I have found are older than 1990, and I don't know how accurate. Then, any help (links, info, files, anything) will be very appreciated! I need to know: 1) If SYLK is a standard and who owe it. 2) The actual (last) SYLK file format. Many thanks in advance. M.Rossi (you can reply here or to mario.red .n.o.s.p.a.m. @email.it) I have no idea if this is current...

hide my name

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

How sort filtered file.
Dear Sir/Mam, I m facing new problem in these days. I have workbook which contains data like this s.no. Name of Customer BillNo. Date Concession Form Form No. Amount How can i sort data after filtering by customer name in ascending order with serial no. I want to sort all data by ascending order of customer name. Thanks Rao ratan Singh As far as I know, if you sort it after filtering, you'll only sort the filtered data, not the whole data set. If you want the whole data set sorted, you'll need to do that before filtering. "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSing...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Problems With File Attachments.
Hi, I have an NT 4.0 workstation with Office 2000 installed. Whenever I try and attach a file it tells me that I dont have enough memory and to close some applications. I do not have anything open. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Ray ...

Excel open files on task bar
I have a basic issue that I was thinking there may be a programming solution to. For example: Lets say I have 5 excel files open. Then I want to change files and I do not want to hit Ctrl+Tab and cycle through the files....that gets too hard on my eyes. Then if I click on the Icon on the Task Bar it does not identify the file that is active and I really do not like the Window Menu Bar item because it has other stuff on it also. Does anyone have a solution that is clean, clear and quick to show what files are open and make selecting the desired file easier? Also, why ...

Report opens behind form
How do i make a report ontop of my form? I have a switchboard named "Panel" from there i click "Runs Worksheet" and it opens behind the "Panel". Also, I have a Report named "Single Rig Report" when I click on it, it opens ontop, but when i X out of it my Panel is gone?? Im lost... Help! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Use this to open a report in the preview mode. DoCmd.OpenReport ,"rptYourReportName", acViewPreview DoCmd.SelectObject acReport,"rptYourReportName", False "stephendeloach via AccessMonste...

Hiding plot Area

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Exchange Partition Full! Loads of Log Files
Hi all Came in this morning to find that email access has stopped. Looking at the mail server I found that the d:\ partition on which the exchange databases are stored had been flooded with "log?" files. These are typically named E0003A5F.log. There are 5,691 of these totalling 27.7Gb. Exchange Server 2003 on Win2003 server. Can anyone suggest what has happened here please? TIA Phil TheScullster wrote: > Hi all > > Came in this morning to find that email access has stopped. > Looking at the mail server I found that the d:\ partition on which the > exchange ...

File w95inf32.dll
I have just installed Office Standard Edition upgrade on my computer. I have not been able to use Outlook 97 because of an error. I had hoped upgrading would solve my problem. When I try to load Outlook the message reads: Error loading W95INF32.dll I can't get past this point. Help!!!! Thank you!! Stephen ...