Hide embedded objects contained in row that is filtered out

When using the >Data >Autofilter a row becomes hidden but if it contained an
embedded object it show in the next row that appears - bad.

how can embedded objects be hidden along with the row they are embedded in?
0
Jim2003 (2)

select the object(s) and use Format/Selected Object (or format autoshape...),
then on the properties tab, select Move & Size with cells.

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Jim2003" wrote:

> When using the >Data >Autofilter a row becomes hidden but if it contained an
> embedded object it show in the next row that appears - bad.
>
> how can embedded objects be hidden along with the row they are embedded in?

deleting blank rows for up to 60000 rows of data
I have worksheets with up to 60000 rows in one column I have tried using the following macro from this site and it does not do anything. Any ideas?: Sub Sonic() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For i = Lastrow To 1 Step -1 If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Rows(i)) = 0 Then Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete End If Next i .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic .ScreenUpdating = True End With End Sub Hi, The code works f...

Referenced constants
If i have two projects (A and B), will the use of a constant in A that was created in B cause a "get" method to be created to get the constant or will have just have the value? I think the latter because i compiled the below into different assemblies and then decompiled them with .netreflector. The below is the IL. i am not good at reading IL but i don't see a method call in here anywhere. I guess this brings up the point. If i change B's constant but don't recompile A, how does a get the new value? Maybe i am missing something... ..class public auto an...

Filter a Report
I have a report that has two fields called "ManifestNumber" (number field) and "RecievedOn" (Date/Time). Then I have another form with two buttons. "Print New Manifest" and "Reprint A Manifest". Both of these buttons opens my report, but I like the first button, "Print New Manifest", to filter the report for "RecievedOn" field that contains todays date. The second button asks to enter a Manifest Number. Then it should match this number with the "ManifestNumber" field of the report and filter it for that number. Help! ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

hide my name

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How to get rows from 4 diff permitations??
Hi All Wondered if you could help. I have 2 tables of data like so: PUPILS PID PNAME 1 Fred1 2 Fred2 3 Fred3 4 Fred4 LEVELS TID PID YEAR TERMID MATHSLEVEL READLEVEL 1 1 2006 0 W1 W2 2 2 2006 0 1B W4 3 3 2006 0 W1 W2 4 4 2006 0 2C 5A 5 1 2007 1 W1 W2 6 2 2007 ...

How sort filtered file.
Dear Sir/Mam, I m facing new problem in these days. I have workbook which contains data like this s.no. Name of Customer BillNo. Date Concession Form Form No. Amount How can i sort data after filtering by customer name in ascending order with serial no. I want to sort all data by ascending order of customer name. Thanks Rao ratan Singh As far as I know, if you sort it after filtering, you'll only sort the filtered data, not the whole data set. If you want the whole data set sorted, you'll need to do that before filtering. "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSing...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Command messages for FrameWindow member objects
Dear all, i am working on an SDI application and in that application i need to broadcast a message to all the objects. So i used: SendMessage(WM_COMMAND, ID_SOMEID); // From within the document Object Then i added ON_COMMAND_EX macros in various objects for handling and further passing the message. I realized that MainFrame object was getting the message but a dialog bar object which is a member of MainFrame was not getting this message. I tried a lot but couldnt figure out why dialog bar object is not getting my command message when it is getting other command messages and update UI comma...

Hiding a worksheet #3

html filter
Office 2003 can not use the HTML FILTER for Office 2003. Also...WORD has a Save to Filtered HTML Web Page setting which lets you save to HTML without the "extraneous" Office html code which is used for roundtripping to HTML. Unfortunately, Excel doesn't seem to have the same "Save to Filtered HTML" setting. Is there a workaround? -David ...

Hide images when Hiding Rows

setting filter rule for email
Hi, can someone tell me how to set up a rule to automatically put incoming email with a missing name in the "From" field (i.e. the sender field is blank) in the trash folder? Thanks, ~C ...

Need to display an error message when a duplicate object is clicked.
Hi all, I'm new to Access and I'm creating a simple IT Inventory database. My first form just has details on the device, and I want to be able to have the users select an IP address from a dropdown list. I have the list and the dropdown working flawlessly, but in my table I selected No Duplicates, so that no one IP address can be used twice. What I'd like to do, is that if the DB detects a duplicate, to pop up a dialog box stating that the IP address is already in use and to please select a valid IP address. By default, there is an error that pops up when you try to save the rec...

Hiding plot Area

how to hide an ActiveX control?

XslTransform object, Transform method
Of all the eight overloaded Transform methods in XslTransform, none of them write to a string. (They write to streams, readers, files, etc.) Anyone know how to get this to a string? xmlDoc.LoadXml(xml_string) xslDoc.Load(xsl_path) xslDoc.Transform(xmlDoc, Nothing, ???) How can I get the transformed result into a string? Thanks, Jon Jonathan Wolfson wrote: > Of all the eight overloaded Transform methods in XslTransform, none of > them write to a string. (They write to streams, readers, files, etc.) > Anyone know how to get this to a string? > > xmlDoc.LoadXml(xml_string) &...

Should Globally Needed Objects be Members in Main Frame, Application, or be Global?
I have been making objects needed by my entire application members either the Main Frame ( main window derived from CMDIFrameWnd ) or the Application (derived from CWinApp ). To get to these members I use either GetMainWnd() or AfxGetApp() to get pointers I can access them with. Now I wonder if there is any reason not to make these objects global so the use of GetMainWnd() or AfxGetApp() can be dispensed with. What are the the relative merits of putting objects needed globally for the duration of program execution in these three places? I typically create a singleton or static class...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

object variable or with block variable not set
Hello, I have a problem, once i am trying to open the acess i am geting this message Data type mismatch in criteria expression when i press ok i get object variable or with block variable not set and i cannot access my data What can i do Please advise On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 01:00:13 -0800 (PST), Tia <tia.abdelkarim@gmail.com> wrote: Hold down the Shift key while you open the database, so the AutoExec macro does not run. Also, when you get an error you can hit Ctrl+Break to break into the code and inspect it. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Hello, > >I have ...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...