Hide code execution

I am trying to find out a way to hide the procedures a
macro goes through. In other words, I want the macro to
run without the user seeing the screen flicker and jump
from cell to cell.

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74727)

Hi Ys,

> I want the macro to
> run without the user seeing the screen flicker and jump
> from cell to cell.

Add

Application.ScreenUpdating=False

at the beginning and add

Application.ScreenUpdating=True

at the end of your macro.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)
9/21/2004 7:34:11 PM
Try typing the following at the start of the macro
application.screenupdating = false

0
anonymous (74727)

HTTP reply code 204 No Content
Our application can be directed to open a window by clicking on an HTTP link with a URL that says which window to open. That works great. When invoked from a MS Word hyperlink, if our app returns HTTP reply 200 OK, then Word brings up IE to display a blank page (in addition to our app opening the proper window). Ick. If our app returns HTTP reply 204 No Content, then Word does nothing... just our window opens. Perfect! When invoked from Outlook or IE, if our app returns HTTP reply 204 No Content, then IE opens with an error page. Double Ick!! Is there an HTTP return code that lets Out...

caliing MATLAB code from C++ (.net)
Greetings, I have written some code in MATLAB that I have compiled to a dll. My problem is that I cannot access that function in C++. I am using the MATLAB engine but am gettings linkage errors when I try ot use engOpen, engEvalString and engClose. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. thanks in advance I dont know how MATLAB exports a function/class. You should use depends.exe to see what all is exported in this DLL. Perhaps a MATLAB related newsgroup would be more beneficial. --- Ajay Define what you mean. For example, what error messages do you get? The most common failure mode ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

Activate code after Manager logs in
I want to activate some of my code when Manager logs in to Store Operation Manager. Currently I am using Hook Type StartManager=12 but this activates before Manager logs in. Is there any hook type that will activate my code after the manager logs in ? Waiting for ur reply Vicky... :-) ...

HTML Code Fragment via Merge
Just learned how to create a catalog with Publisher and I was pretty pleased with this capability that I had never even noticed before. Now what I would like to do is create a web version of my catalog and include an item in each catalog entry that is an HTML code fragment. These would basically be paypal code items for a shopping cart entry relative to each catalog item. I would like to add the code for my fragment via another column in my XL spreadsheet that is the source for my merge. Does anyone know if this is doable? Get a program suitable to the task called WebPlus10 http://www.se...

hide my name

coding for chinese
Hi, does anyone know how to get chinese characters into an app using the resource editor ? I am using MS Visual Studio 2005 and have Chinese fonts installed on my PC. I can add the characters to the string table and to the menu but when I run the code they come out as question marks like ????? But if I hardcode the chinese characters in to SetWindowText( ), then it comes out ok. many thanks. Checkout if the code page specified in the .rc file. -- Vipin Aravind http://blogs.explorewindows.com "Code Spanner" <ax7007@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1159203383.446463.25...

Set Dsicount Code
Does anyone know how to use the ... Public Property Set DiscountReasonCode(Value As ReasonCode) ... I wrote some code that based on some criteria will discount some items, but looks like I also need to set the Discount Code... Any ideas or example would be great TIA ...

code not working with auto fill
I have a code working very well when I fill cells manually, but when I use auto fill the code stops working as if it does not exist . how can I make the code work with the auto fill. Thank you. Don't really understand the question. Do you mean that you are recording code but the recorded code does not work with Autofill? -- Regards, OssieMac "forcast" wrote: > I have a code working very well when I fill cells manually, but when I use > auto fill the code stops working as if it does not exist . how can I make > the code work with the auto fill. > ...

Code to export report to PDF automatically?
What DoCmd code can I use to export a report directly to PDF, optimized for printing, and have it prompt me for a new PDF name each time? Or if that is complicated, always print to the same PDF name and location? Does the end-user system need Acrobat installed for this to work? Do they need Access 2007? Thanks. Joseph, Have a look at... http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm I have used this to print reports to PDF. You can set this up to get the name of the report from a field on your form. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, i...

NDR Codes
When a message bounces back due to some errors, there's a code at the bottom of the form: #x.x.x Anyone know of a good site that explains each of these in laymen's terms? I found microsofts (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284204) but I was hoping there would be another site that someone put together in simpler terms. Our students at the college provide level one troubleshooting and I'm trying to put together a list for them. Thanks for the help. On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:26:12 -0500, "GC Postmaster" <email_accounts@gordon.edu> wrote: >When a message ...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

When the code is chines/ japan or some other I get square boxes
Hi! When I run this code below I get square boxes for some code point what does this mean. ? I get square boxes for chinese/japanese and some other. I would say that when the code page exist why is not windows able to display the character for this code point. Is it because of the driver to the screen does not support these characters. I'm just curious ? byte[] b = new Byte[256]; for (int i = 0; i < b.Length; i++) b[i] = (byte)i; EncodingInfo[] ei = Encoding.GetEncodings(); foreach(EncodingInfo e in ei) { ...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Format Chart Bars with code?
I have data laid out in 3 columns... date in the first, a number in the second,and a color (Green, Red, or Blue) in the next. I have a chart with floating bars and would like them to be the color of the color in column three. Can I do that with code? Is there a better way? The conditional chart technique on this web page works without any VBA: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...