Hidden tabs on my worksheet

I can't figure out how my settings changed or how to change them back. When i
go to Tools: Options: View: Tabs - it is checked. Anyone have any other ideas
on how to get my tabs to show?  Have even tried changing the color of them...

Thanks!

hi
have you tried..
on the menu bar>window>unhide

Regards
FSt1

"Courtney" wrote:

> I can't figure out how my settings changed or how to change them back. When i
> go to Tools: Options: View: Tabs - it is checked. Anyone have any other ideas
> on how to get my tabs to show?  Have even tried changing the color of them...
>
> Thanks!
hi
or better yet.
on the menu bar>format>sheet>unhide

Regards
FSt1

"Courtney" wrote:

> I can't figure out how my settings changed or how to change them back. When i
> go to Tools: Options: View: Tabs - it is checked. Anyone have any other ideas
> on how to get my tabs to show?  Have even tried changing the color of them...
>
> Thanks!
As far as I recall one cannot:
* Hide a WB and still see its sheets - with or without their tabs.
* One cannot Hide ALL the WB sheets. There must be at least one visible.
*** In such a case I would guess that the window is not Maximized and
therefore suggest to DOUBLE-CLICK the Applications(!) upper Bar n order to
Maximize the applications window.
Micky

"FSt1" wrote:

> hi
> or better yet.
> on the menu bar>format>sheet>unhide
>
> Regards
> FSt1
>
> "Courtney" wrote:
>
> > I can't figure out how my settings changed or how to change them back. When i
> > go to Tools: Options: View: Tabs - it is checked. Anyone have any other ideas
> > on how to get my tabs to show?  Have even tried changing the color of them...
> >
> > Thanks!

changing data across all worksheets
I asked this question before, sort of, but here is a different way to put it. I have an address list that is rather large and I want to do several worksheets, with the first being the complete list and the rest being sorted and hiding some rows, such as duplicate entries. I want to be able to make changes on the first worksheet and have them automatically carry over to the rest of the worksheets, such as when someone sells their property and the name needs to be changed. Currently I make the changes individually but that is getting too time consuming anymore. Does anyone have any ideas, or sh...

Compile error in hidden module #3
Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I get a dialogue box "Compile error in hidden module. Registration DB". I have to clear the box before the file will open or close. How can I get rid of this message. Sounds like one of your workbooks or addins -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Hugh Jennings" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18b8001c44b81$d5ebc7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Whenever I open or close a file in Excel 2000 I g...

Vlookup autofill for multiple worksheets
Can I use autofill (drag across) to increase the column count? For example: On row U, I have the following formula =IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A10,Online!$A$1:$J $153,9,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A10,Allocations!$A$1:$J $153,9,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP( $A10,'Corporate Exp'!$A$1:$J $154,9,FALSE),0))) and I want to increase row X by 1 and so on (I have about 24 columns) =IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A9,Online!$A$1:$J $153,10,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A9,Allocations!$A$1:$J $153,10,FALSE),IFERROR(VLOOKUP( $A9,'Corporate Exp'!$A$1:$J $154,10,FALSE),0))) I will also like to expand the data - expand to K23...

Sum of row excluding hidden columns
Hello, I am trying to take the sum of say B5:AZ5, excluding hidden columns. The SUBTOTAL function, using funciton #109 would allow me to do B5:B50, but not the B5:AZ5 (it allows for taking the sum of a column, excluding hidden rows, but not the other way around). Is there a *decent* alternative? I have thus-far found a macro that can handle this, but a re-calculation is needed on the user's part if a column is hidden/unhidden. I also found a cludgey (but nonetheless interesting) way posted by Biff on October 12, 2006, but am looking for a (a) more elegant solution [if it exsits...

How to get the worksheet name in a cell in each sheet
Hi, On each worksheet of a multi sheet workbook I enter: =cell("filename") in one of the cells. However, instead of getting the filename plus the relevant sheet name I get the same sheet name in all the sheets (the name of the last sheet in which I entered the formula). Why is that and how do I print the sheetname for the relevant sheet in the corresponding sheet? TIA, -GB Ignore my last query as I figured it out. Apparently, I have to add a cell reference in order for it to work. Sorry to have wasted your time. -GB "Computerguy" <computerguy394-news@yahoo.com&g...

Convert numbers that have hidden Quotation Mark Embedded
Every month I work with a worksheet sent to me from another program. The numbers look like these: Amount $44,000.00 $90,000.00 $115,000.00 $24,000.00 I tried coverting them to nubmers by first using =value() formula, that doesn't work; I tried by formatting the cell to numbers, that doesn't work; I tried using text data to column and that doesn't work neither. I ended up having to first hit F2 to call up the numbers in each cell, then backspace the cell 3 times and that method works. However, it's time consuming. Anyone has a better idea? Pleas...

Is it possible to wrap worksheet tabs?
I have a spreadsheet with many tabs, and would like to be able to see them all on the worksheet without having to scroll to them. Is there any way to arrange the tabs so that they show in multiple rows???? JRB, No, but you can right click on the arrows to the left of the sheets and get a list of them -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "JRB" <JRB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFD936A4-...

Different password for different worksheet " Help !"
Dear Sir, Greetings from Qatar ! I am using MS Excel 2007. I want to create a workbook with different worksheets for different users to be able to view and edit the content on his/her designated worksheet. i.e. For security purpose, I want different worksheet has a different password to protect so that the only authorized user can view & edit the content on his/her designated worksheet. For example, sheet "marketing" has a password "1234" and sheet "sales" has a password "1235" to view and protect. Is it possible? Please kindly ...

default save directory for a templated worksheet
Is there any easy way to automatically have a template save to a particular location for that template only? e.g the 'Quotes' template saves to the quote directory the Orders template saves to the orders directory Thanks Mike Please clarify: do you want to save the TEMPLATEs to those directories, or do you want to save the files CREATED FROM THE TEMPLATES to those directories? If the latter, you could do it with code imbedded within the template. "Mike Lang" wrote: > Is there any easy way to automatically have a template save to a particular > location for th...

Referring to a control on a Tabbed Frm
I'm sure this question has been asked before; but I couldn't find any recent posts. I have a tabbed form and I want to refer to a value contained within another field that resides on another tab; the current frm that is doing the referring is acutally a sub-form. Simply put; what is the sytax need to acheive this? Thanks in advance! Anthony The presence of the tab control doesn't change anything. Even though the controls are on separate tabs, their names still have to be unique, so you simply refer to them by name. From the subform, use Me.Parent.NameOfControl -- Doug...

Can I change the tab order in a protected worksheet?
I would like to be able to change the tab order when entering data in a protected worksheet. The default is to tab across the page and then to the next row. There are some instances where I need to go down and then across. Check out Bob Phillips' site for methods. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html Note: there is another method using event code in a worksheet module. Post back if you want to consider that. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 17 May 2005 10:15:28 -0700, "sciservice" <sciservice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be ab...

Cross Tab with dynamic date column
Hi there, I'm using access 2003 on XP Pro SP2 I have a cross tab query (for payroll) One Row Heading for Date Format([Check Date],"WW") One Column Heading for [Employee Name] One Sum Column for [Amount] Very simple and works fine and it give me every week a new column The problem start when I'm trying to create a report I want to show the last 8 week (columns) in my report dynamically And want it done automatically without having to change the column name every week (Because the column name change every week in addition to the rest of columns) Is there any way to cr...

Tab copy w/charts errors
Hi. I've been trying to figure this out for a while. A little lost though. I am working with fairly large workbooks with 30+ sheets. These files are large 20-40MB. Most sheets (containing embedded charts) in the workbook are generated from a base sheet by simply using the Move or copy sheet function of the tab. The base workbook started from a previous workbook as these excel files carry all the data for large scale studies that are similar (ie similar formatting, variables, etc.). Problems: Large file sizes. Is this to be expected? Links with broken references as a result of u...

Likning checkboxes to multiple worksheets
How do you link a checkbox from one worksheet to multiple worksheets within the same workbook? The checkboxes were made from the control toolbar. I am new to visual basic and was able to connect multiple checkboxes within the same work sheet using a simple value command but now I need to link it to other sheets. Please help! TIA ...

Worksheets do not open Arranged
As of a few daze ago, I see the following problem. When I open a new, or extant, workbook, the sheet(s) are not Arranged to fit the Window. I have to use the Window menu to Arrange as desired. I had this same issue several years ago. As a last resort, I'd use an AutoOpen macro, but my recollection is that there was a Data key, or somthing like that, in the registry and I was able to fix things by deleting that registry key. I've used Windows.Arrange, but the settings do not stick when I save the workbook. Anyone know the trick? Do you mean that the workbook appears within the ...

How to prevent add ins being included in distribution worksheet?
The personal workbooks that I use on my machine use several home grown add ins, some of which link to other workbooks on my machine. However, the business workbooks that I produce and distribute to my clients don't need those addins or the links. How can I prevent my personal addins from becoming part of my business workbooks so that my clients don't get warnings about links not being updated? Convert the formula with links to values is one way. If I have a UDF (say) that is useful to others, I won't put it in my personal.xl* workbook. That's for stuff that only I use. ...

In excel I am suddenly unable to tab using the arrows?
In an excel spreadsheet I am unable to use my arrow keys to tab from one cell to the other. Obviously I must have clicked on something but I don't know what. How can I fix it so I can tab using my arrows? Did you perchance accidentally press the Scroll Lock button? You can find it (usually) somewhere above the Home and End keys "NousGodess" wrote: > In an excel spreadsheet I am unable to use my arrow keys to tab from one cell > to the other. Obviously I must have clicked on something but I don't know > what. How can I fix it so I can tab using my arrows? ...

how do i combine excel worksheets
Working with Excel 2007, we start with a status report of pre-populated columns and rows of data. Multiple agents independently update the rows that are assigned to them, while leaving the unassigned rows blank. When all agents complete the assignment, we must combine their work into the master worksheet, then delete duplicate rows. What excel function would combine these multiple worksheets? Any way to easily delete the duplicates? Do multiple agents actually add rows of new data or simply have to add additional rows of original to add their quantites? If not adding truly NEW ...

Default tab stops
I created a form and changed the "Default Tab Stop" but it does not seem to be saving it. Every time I open the document, I have to manually reset the tab stop in order for the form to re-align properly. Is there a permanent fix to this problem? Iris wrote: > I created a form and changed the "Default Tab Stop" but it does not seem to > be saving it. Every time I open the document, I have to manually reset the > tab stop in order for the form to re-align properly. Is there a permanent > fix to this problem? Was the document originally created in a pre...

Change the same unit in different worksheets
I have a workbook with a few worksheets. In B2 of all the worksheets, it is a date like "March 31". Now I want to change it to "April 30" for B2 in all worksheets. Any easy method? Thanks in advance. Plumstone Plumstone, group the sheets and make the change, select the first sheet and hold the shift key, select the last sheet, select B2 and make your change to the date, the date will be put in all the selected sheets, right click on one of the sheet tabs and ungroup -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

screensaver tab not responding in win XP
I have Windows XP Professional Sp3. Since some weeks ago when I press display properties, the screensaver tab is not working, it starts to try to open it but never finish. I need a help. oh! my screen savin was setting for display in 20 minutes but it neither works. I need a help. Thank you -- RaySol RaySol wrote: > I have Windows XP Professional Sp3. > Since some weeks ago, when I press Display Properties, the Screensaver tab is > not working; it starts to try to open, but never finishes. I need help. oh! > My Screensaver was set for display in 20 minutes but it...

Make lists on new tab from previous tab
I'm sure this is somewhere out on the net, but I can't find it. How do I create a list on a new tab, from a list of values that were imported into the workbook? Tab 1 Name,acct#,group John Doe,6676,rc10 Jane Smith,6782,rc10 John Hopkins,2342,tj21 Jane Doe, 6980,ut41 What I want to do is separate the list by group to their respective tabs. Tab rc10 Tab tj21 Tab ut41 Thanks Tab? Worksheets have tabs. Perhaps you're referring to creating a list on a new worksheet? Tyro "JMac" <mcdowdjr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4e0e249c-25d8-48f9-a48c-245a339ceb12@z17g...

Keyboard shortcut for worksheet tabs
My workbook in Excel 2007 contains 50 worksheets. How do I go about shifting from one worksheet to another using the keyboards buttons, What is the keyboard shortcut for that? Thank you. Zainuddin Try: ctrl-pgup and ctrl-pgdn Salza wrote: > > My workbook in Excel 2007 contains 50 worksheets. How do I go about > shifting from one worksheet to another using the keyboards buttons, > What is the keyboard shortcut for that? > > Thank you. > > Zainuddin -- Dave Peterson Hi Salza Try Ctrl>Page Up and Page down HTH John "Salza&quo...

Worksheet function "YearFrac"
I using Office 2000 (and hence Excel 2000). After a recent "update" prompted by Outlook, the Excel's in-built "YearFrac" is no longer working - I get an error in my worksheets in which I have used this function. How can I get it back. In which library does this function reside? -- Basharat Javaid. The BKS Company Ph: (858) 578-3202 Fax: (858) 578-4802 Yearfrac is a Function from the Analysis Toolpak. Tools>Add-ins. Check Analysis Toolpak. Gord Dibben XL2002 On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:37:43 -0800, "Basharat A. Javaid" <bjavaid@sbcglobal.net> ...

Unable to assign macros to a new button in the current worksheet
How can I get the vba macros I've written to show up in the "Assign Macro" windows when I open it to assign a maro to a button on the worksheet I am building? This never used to be a problem. It is probably related to all the security crap one has to deal with now. Macro "Security" in OFFICE has been set to Low. The steps are this: 1. I have about 7 macros in "Sheet 1" of the spreadsheet I currently have open in Excel 2003. I can see all 15 macros in the "VBA Project" window of the VBA Editor, including one new one I have just ...