Hidden rows unhide themselves when formulas are written

I have a worksheet with many hidden rows & columns. However, when I try to
write a formula in this worksheet, these hidden rows & columns automatically
unhide themselves. Is there any way to disable this?
0
Hongch (1)

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

How do I move rows showing a specific field to other worksheets/.
I am trying to take data from an excel sheet and break it out into separate excel files or separate worksheets. For example, I have 50,000 rows of data in the worksheet and I want to send separate files to people in different states. I would need to select the rows from each state separately, so that it would create a worksheet for AZ, another for TX, FL,and so on. Is there an automated way to do this? Thanks, jmp ...

Blank row #2
I'm entering numbers under a colum, I need the total sum of the colum; But after I enter the last number 221 and press enter it always needs to skip with a blank row or cell ? it does not mater how many rows I enter, I need a blank cell before the total. Thank you very much. JA ex: 123 222 111 221 ---> Here is where I need the blank row allways 677 This is the total sum File Attached: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=334735 (book1.xls) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages dir...

How to sort with merged rows
This is my delema. I have data that I need to input. At the same time I would like to have a blank area below each contact so that I can add notes. The first problem is that when I try to sort, excel keeps saying "this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized" Even if I do get by that problem, how can I keep the notes and the contact/data info above it together when I use a sort. Chris wrote: > This is my delema. I have data that I need to input. At the same time I > would like to have a blank area below each contact so that I can add notes. >...

Date Formula #4
I have the following formula in a cell that is referencing B31 (a date field). Can anybody tell me why this does not work. I have tried over and under etc etc. In other words if I input 01/01/2003 the result does not change??? =IF($B$31>1/15/2003,0,D21) Thanks Frank Frank, try =IF($B$31>DATEVALUE("15-Jan-2003"),0,D21) What you are getting at the moment is:- 1 divided by 15 divided by 2003 giving a result of0.0000332834082210018 which is not what you're after. Remember slash is for division. Dates in IF tests have to be converted using a function. regards, J...

hidden sheets
Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, and still have the workbook calculate formulas based off of the hidden worksheets. The reason i ask is i have alot of information within the spreadsheet that i do not really need at this time, and i would like to hide it so that it makes it easier to navigate through the workbook. Hi, Yes you can still read values from hidden sheets and use those values in a calculation and you can write to hidden sheets with code. Mike "Soccerboy83" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, a...

Simple Formula #3
I have a spreadsheet that I am using for check in and check outs. I was wondering if i could write a formua or a simple macro that when a cell is blank it does nothing, but as soon as the designated cell has any value it does a strike thru a number of cells....ie. a1, b1, c1 all have values. d1 is blank. d1 gets any value. after d1 has a value the formula would now strikethru all a1, b1, c1, d1. what woudl a formula or macro look like for something like that. i was hoping it would all be automated instead of having to run a macro each time highlight columns A:D and select Format->Co...

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

How to I set up a sheet to print colums/rows on every page in exce
I have a spreadsheet in excel and want several rows and columns to print on every page. It will display by freezing panes but I need it to print that way also. see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm file, page setup, sheets, Rows to Print at top: $1:$2 columns to print at left: $A:$A --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

Sum Different Rows & Columns
I need some assistance with making the following calculation. Eac week a person shoots a score. They can have anywhere from 1-12 score over a 12 week period, but no more than 1 per week. Each week a calculation is made to generate "bonus points" which ar added the next time they register a score. I need to find a way to: 1) Locate the current week's score for each unique person. 2) Add the "bonus points" calculated in their previous record (which i tabulated in a different column). The data is in the following format: Date Person Score Total Bonus 15-Jan Mike 1...

My Outlook 2000 file is hidden
I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still have access to the files but I need to look into the folder. What happened? What do I need to do in order to have the folder accessible? Ans <Ans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago > it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. > Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still h...

MULTIPLE ROWS
I HAVE 5000 LIST OF NAMES. HOW DO I INSERT ROWS IN BETWEEN THEM Hi First remove your coffee mug from the Caps Lock key. Then do this in the first free column next to the list: Enter 1 in its top cell. Enter 3 in the cell directly below. Select both these cells. Fill down as long as your list go. In the cell below this last one enter 2. In the cell below that enter 4. Select those two. Fill downwards 5-6000 rows. Now sort the whole sheet by this column. As a final touch, put your coffee mug back onto the Caps Lock key. HTH. Best wishes Harald "FAUSEC" <FAUSEC@discussions.micro...

Marriage of two formulas
How do I add a maximum pricing level to the following formula? =VLOOKUP(A1,{0,35;665,5.25;1000,4.75;2500,3;5000,2.5;10000,1.95},2) I need the maximum to be 465. =max(10,yourformulahere) emerald_dragonfly wrote: > > How do I add a maximum pricing level to the following formula? > > =VLOOKUP(A1,{0,35;665,5.25;1000,4.75;2500,3;5000,2.5;10000,1.95},2) > > I need the maximum to be 465. -- Dave Peterson try something like =min(465,VLOOKUP(A1,{0,35;665,5.25;1000,4.75;2500,3;5000,2.5;10000,1.95},2) Depending on what parameter is the pricing level. "emerald_dragon...

numbering rows
I'm using excel 2002 and I want to add an additional column that counts the rows. I have created it and numbered it, but when ever I do a sort, the numbers get sorted and they are out of order. Is there a way to keep them in order while sorting? Thanks -- Meg use the formula =row() instead of hard-coding the number Darren On Oct 24, 3:31 pm, "Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote: > I'm using excel 2002 and I want to add an additional column that counts the > rows. I have created it and numbered it, but when ever I do a sort, the >...

Formulas in text boxes ?
Is it possible? Is there such thing as floating cells ? Thanks. -- famdamly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29382 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500165 No, but if you make a text box, start to add text, then in Formula Bar type = then click on a cell Text box now displays value from cell (dynamically) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "famdamly" <famdamly.21h7...

Copying Data Without Hidden Values
Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude the hidden rows from the copy process? Thanks, OC Oscar, Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only, OK, then Copy and Paste. HTH, Nikos "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrno...

Lookup Formula Using Multiple Values
Hi I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 and I have data entered as follows: Origin Destination Mileage 1004 Hastings 22 1004 Waipukurau 75 1005 Napier 22 1005 Waipukurau 53 I want a lookup formula that will lookup data in both the Origin and Destination columns and return the value in the Mileage Column Many thanks Kay Can you give an example of what data and what returned? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Kay Castles" <kay.castles@admin-plus.co.nz> wrote in message news:uB47eGMVJHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi &...

Transpose Large Column to Row
Hi - I have a column with about 25,000+ rows in Excel 2007, and need to somehow get this transposed into a row (so with 25,000+ columns). I have tried to do this with the TRANSPOSE function using Ctrl-C and using the Paste drop-down menu and selecting the Transpose option. But I get an error message that the copy area and paste area are not the same size. I presume this is because I cannot paste across 25,000+ columns? Basically, in the end, what I want to have is a list of each cell with a semicolon after each but am just not sure how to do this. Any suggestions would ...

Copy row to worksheet IF
I have a worksheet that I call data. I paste a set of data into this worksheet and I want certain rows(A:G) to be copied to another worksheet (Status) if Column B states Failed, Not Completed or No run. This is untested, so make a copy of your workbook to test with. But I think it'll work just fine for you. To put the code to work, open the copy of the workbook, press [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor then choose Insert-->Module and copy and paste the code below into the module. Make any edits to the Const values that you see are needed. Close the VB Editor, run the ...

Generate a graphical formula from a column of data
If I have a set of data, is there any way I can generate a formula which roughly matches the plot of the data set? I know I can generate a trend line on a chart but is there a way of finding out the formula for this trendline, so that I could reproduce it without the origiinal data perhaps? Hope I'm making myself clear. Many thanks in advance. Insure that the Analysis ToolPak has been loaded. If your data is linear, then use LINEST() to derive the formula -- Gary's Student "rmellison" wrote: > If I have a set of data, is there any way I can generate a formula wh...

Listbox scroll operation gives duplicate rows.
Hi All, I seem to have a very strange problem. I have a button on the worksheet of the Excel.Upon clicking the button I show a VB form which has a listbox containing about 15-20 entries in it.To scroll through all the contents of the list box I obviously have the scroll button for the list box which comes by default. I also have two buttons on the VB form for "MoveUp" and "MoveDown" actions for the items in the list box. The problem arises when I select a particular item in the list and move it up or down in the list. For Eg:Assume there are 10 items in ...

More than one row of Sheet names?
Is there any way to view more than one row of sheet tabs? Similar to how you can move the start menu to increase the amount of rows. I have a lot of sheet name tabs and I would like to view more than a couple at a time. Thanks! AFAIK, no -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote in message news:6b6101c475a2$7f3380d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to view more than one row of sheet tabs? > Similar to how you can move the start menu to increase > the amount of rows. I have a lot of sheet name tabs and I > wo...

formula Help needed
Hi I have two worksheets one is purchases and another is named Bank on purchases I have 4 columns :::::A::::::::::::::::::::::::::B:::::::::::::::::::::::::::C: 1::::: WHSmith 2::::DATE----------Dr------------Cr 3::::2-10----------�480.18------(Formula needed) Then I have Bank DATE----------Details---------Dr------------ Cr 9-10-----------WHSmith------ 0-----------�480.18 What can I put in C3 to lookup for �480.18 in Bank worksheet and return the value in C3????? TIA hope I explained it clearly.. Do you just want whatever is in the one cell to appear in anothe...

Converting Rows to Columns
Hi, I have a report that prints with the same information on several rows. Let me explain. I have a heading row the includes the following. Name, SSN, Salary, Date of Hire, Address and Benefits. Since there are several benefits, the report makes a new row for each benefit so each employee could show up with as many as 8 rows of the same information except for the benefit. I need to get one row that has all of the information with the benefits listed as their own seperate column. -- God bless. Hi, select the row, copy, go to the column where you want the informati...