Help with macro code #2

I have a simple command button macro to hide a work sheet page. Is ther
a way to keep the sheet from being hidden if there is a value in boxe
e.g  �g13,o13,g24,o24� then open a msgbox �sheet in use�. Thanks fo
any help with this

Private Sub CommandButton5_Click()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Sun Misc Log").Visible = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Su

--
Db171
Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591

Hi DB1712,

Try:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim blHide As Boolean

    With Me
        Set rng = Union(.Range("G13"), .Range("O13"), _
                        .Range("G24"), .Range("O24"))
    End With

    blHide = Application.CountA(rng) = 0

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    If blHide Then
        Sheets("Sun Misc Log").Visible = xlHidden
    Else
        MsgBox "Sheet in use"
    End If
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Db1712" <Db1712.1g5jja@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I have a simple command button macro to hide a work sheet page. Is there
> a way to keep the sheet from being hidden if there is a value in boxes
> e.g  "g13,o13,g24,o24" then open a msgbox "sheet in use". Thanks for
> any help with this
>
> Private Sub CommandButton5_Click()
>
> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
> Sheets("Sun Misc Log").Visible = False
> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> End Sub
>

> --
> Db1712
> Db1712's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15912
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319587

0
normanjones (1047)
11/23/2004 3:10:19 AM
Hi DB1712,

Change:

> Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

     Private Sub CommandButton5_Click()

I only had one button on my test sheet!

---
Regards,
Norman

"Norman Jones" <normanjones@whereforartthou.com> wrote in message
> Hi DB1712,
>
> Try:
>
> Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
>    Dim rng As Range
>    Dim blHide As Boolean
>
>    With Me
>        Set rng = Union(.Range("G13"), .Range("O13"), _
>                        .Range("G24"), .Range("O24"))
>    End With
>
>    blHide = Application.CountA(rng) = 0
>
>    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>    If blHide Then
>        Sheets("Sun Misc Log").Visible = xlHidden
>    Else
>        MsgBox "Sheet in use"
>    End If
>    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
> End Sub
>

> ---
> Regards,
> Norman
>

> "Db1712" <Db1712.1g5jja@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I have a simple command button macro to hide a work sheet page. Is there
>> a way to keep the sheet from being hidden if there is a value in boxes
>> e.g  "g13,o13,g24,o24" then open a msgbox "sheet in use". Thanks for
>> any help with this
>>
>> Private Sub CommandButton5_Click()
>>
>> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>> Sheets("Sun Misc Log").Visible = False
>> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
>> End Sub
>>

>> --
>> Db1712
>> Db1712's Profile:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15912
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=319587

0
normanjones (1047)
11/23/2004 3:16:41 AM
thanks but it did not wor

--
Db171
Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31958

Hey...Thanks just needed to change a couple of lines and it worked. Yo
are a life save

--
Db171
Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31958

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Excel Macro to delete rows
Hello, I have an excel Sheet in which I have a blank row below the cell which contains "<<<Mem>>>". I vave some random data and multiple such cells. Can I get some help with the excel macros for the same? Harsh Assuming "Mem" is in column E: Sub DeleteRowBelowMem() For i=cells(rows.count,5).end(xlup).row to 1 step -1 if cells(i,5).value="Mem" then rows(i+1).Delete Next End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP HTH "Harsh" <cooldreamz83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1159983014.172239.234480@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Zip Code Lookup Software
Anyone aware of any 3rd party software that will autofill state with proper zip using US Postal Service Zip Code database? Thanks, Nick Two that have been around a long time are Group 1 (www.g1.com) and PostalSoft (http://www.firstlogic.com/solutions/mailing/default.asp). The USPS used to provide a service to run your list as well. In most cases, you'll need to 'sanitize' your database (with regular updates) which is normally fed by address and city/state (ZIP, or ZIP+4). CASS certs on mail require other conformity, too. P. "Nick Maxwell" wrote: > Anyone...

exch 5.5 help

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Import data using macro
Hi, how do you use excel to import a text file using a macro to do the work for you? I start by creating a new workbook. Then turn on the macro recorder and open that text file. (Try not to make errors--it can make clean up troublesome.) Then format the worksheet (headers/footers/page layout/filters,freeze panes) exactly the way you want. When you're done, turn off the macro recorder. Close the imported file and back to your other workbook. Insert a giant button from the forms toolbar on the first worksheet (with instructions). Then save it. Now go into the vbe and start tweakin...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

#REF #2
I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the cells display #REF, instead of the formula value. Any ideas on how to resolve this would beappreciated. Thanks. Barry You may be missing an add-in such as the Analysis ToolPak Navigate: Tools,Addin "Barry" wrote: > I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet > that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the > cells display #REF, instead of the formula valu...

Reg hiding such parameters in the properties of the mail #2
hi , I am using the outlook 2003 client for sending the email. when it reaches the destination end, the destined user is easily identifying the parameters like, from where the mail is coming like, public ip, machine name, and local ip address of the system which the mail is originated.. so i do not want to publisize such parameters to the outside world.. so how would i adjust the oulook such a way it should not take such parameters while sending the emails. i shal be thankfull if u help me on this! thanks in advance rizwan <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#8ikqBqv...

help me #2

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Macro Recording Error
Word 2003 (11.8313.8221) SP3 I have run into a (apparently) random, but recurring error while recording macros: The macro records without a Sub line, displays fine in the editor, but crashes Word when I click inside the editor window. Any thoughts? Error Info: AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 11.0.8313.0 AppStamp:4a793d83 ModName: vbe6.dll ModVer: 6.5.10.40 ModStamp:48a4b5d6 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00075b00 ...