Help with inserting lines

I have cells in column A where it is written "Account" in some cells.

what i want is that upon finding "Account" in cell A it inserts a lin
below it and then find another text " Account"

please help

and another macro which upon finding "Customer" in column  deletes tha
entire ro

Hi
try the following macro for inserting rows
Sub insert_rows()
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim row_index As Long

lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row
For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1
    If lcase(Cells(row_index+1, "A").Value) ="account" Then
        Cells(row_index + 1, "A").EntireRow.Insert _
        (xlShiftDown)
    End If
Next
End Sub

To delete rows try
Sub delete_rows()
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim row_index As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1
    If lcase(Cells(row_index, "A").Value) = "customer" then
        Cells(row_index, "A").EntireRow.delete
     End If
Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"vikram >" <<vikram.16x1c2@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:vikram.16x1c2@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I have cells in column A where it is written "Account" in some cells.
>
> what i want is that upon finding "Account" in cell A it inserts a
line
> below it and then find another text " Account"
>
> please help
>
> and another macro which upon finding "Customer" in column  deletes
that
> entire row
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/27/2004 1:30:29 PM
Hi Frank, heads up.

I'll never understand that stuff/get beyond kludging like

Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Range("A2").Value = "&&&"
Range("A1").Select
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "&&&"
If ActiveCell = "Account" Then
ActiveCell.Range("A2").EntireRow.Insert
ActiveCell.Range("A3").Select
Else
ActiveCell.Range("A2").Select
End If
Loop
Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Value = ""

However, OP said to insert a line *below* "Account ; so I think you'd need

If ... Then
Cells(row_index + 2, "A").EntireRow.Insert
End If

Rgds,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)
5/27/2004 2:03:13 PM
Hi
though not tested in Excel (as I'm currently re-installing Office) this
macro should insert the row below

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Andy Brown" <andy.j.brown@ntlworld.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi Frank, heads up.
>
> I'll never understand that stuff/get beyond kludging like
>
> Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Range("A2").Value = "&&&"
> Range("A1").Select
> Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "&&&"
> If ActiveCell = "Account" Then
> ActiveCell.Range("A2").EntireRow.Insert
> ActiveCell.Range("A3").Select
> Else
> ActiveCell.Range("A2").Select
> End If
> Loop
> Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Value = ""
>
> However, OP said to insert a line *below* "Account ; so I think you'd
need

> If ... Then
> Cells(row_index + 2, "A").EntireRow.Insert
> End If
>
> Rgds,
> Andy

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/27/2004 2:07:26 PM
Hi Frank,

It is not working the macro for inserting lines.
It is showing error 13 ...type mismatc

Hi
works for me without a problem. Though you have to change 'XlShiftDown'
to 'xlShiftUp'
in which line do you get this error?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"vikram >" <<vikram.16x4gj@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:vikram.16x4gj@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi Frank,
>
> It is not working the macro for inserting lines.
> It is showing error 13 ...type mismatch
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/27/2004 2:19:29 PM
If LCase(Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value) = "Account" Then

in this row

---

Hi
what kind of values do you have in this row. Do you have error values
in this range?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"vikram >" <<vikram.16x5lj@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:vikram.16x5lj@excelforum-nospam.com...
> If LCase(Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value) = "Account" Then
>

> in this row
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/27/2004 2:52:46 PM
2 Wire Inc
99129
Account
3 Vets Inc
186743
Account
3Com Corp
95991
Account
3G Wireless LLC
198734
Account
3M Co
99130
Account
3PARdata Inc
99132
Account
454 Corporation
136213
Account
A & M Electronics
125149
Account

this is a part of column

"vikram >" <<vikram.16x6ub@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> 2 Wire Inc

, etc.

Did you try the brute force version? Worked for me.

<vbg>,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)
5/27/2004 3:15:19 PM
Hi
the macro works for me on this data (just make sure you use the line
If LCase(Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value) = "account" Then

instead of

"vikram >" <<vikram.16x6ub@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:vikram.16x6ub@excelforum-nospam.com...
> 2 Wire Inc
> 99129
> Account
> 3 Vets Inc
> 186743
> Account
> 3Com Corp
> 95991
> Account
> 3G Wireless LLC
> 198734
> Account
> 3M Co
> 99130
> Account
> 3PARdata Inc
> 99132
> Account
> 454 Corporation
> 136213
> Account
> A & M Electronics
> 125149
> Account
>
> this is a part of column A
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/27/2004 3:24:02 PM
Hi Frank,,

I have checked it ....it is working if i pcopy some data from tha
sheet to another sheet but it does not work if i run it on my origina
sheet

probably my sheet is too big or something ...it jhas 35000 rows....

anywys thank u so much

i really apprecitae ur help and ur wonderful skill

Hey frank!

i was checking ur macro.......the row index part picks up date from ro
number 22000 ,,,, i have 35000 rows nd after picking up from 22000 i
inserts lines.....why is that

thank

Hi
this macro should start at the end of your used range. Are there really
matching values behind row 22000
Try debugging this code and have a watch on RowNdX

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"vikram >" <<vikram.16xlnn@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:vikram.16xlnn@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hey frank!
>

> i was checking ur macro.......the row index part picks up date from
row
> number 22000 ,,,, i have 35000 rows nd after picking up from 22000 it
> inserts lines.....why is that
>
> thanks
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
5/27/2004 8:35:10 PM
This works for me.

Note the "row_index -1" change.

Inserts a blank row "below" the text "account"

The original code inserts a row above the "account" cell.

Sub insert_rows()
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim row_index As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1
    If LCase(Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value) = "account" Then
        Cells(row_index - 1, "A").EntireRow.Insert _
        (xlShiftDown)
    End If
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 May 2004 17:24:02 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
wrote:

>Hi
>the macro works for me on this data (just make sure you use the line
>If LCase(Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value) = "account" Then
>
>instead of
>If LCase(Cells(row_index + 1, "A").Value) = "Account" Then

0
Gord

sumifs help

line graph #3
I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a way to extend it? Also the second line graph I would liek to line up the data points with the first bar series. is this possible? Thanks ratio wrote: > I have created a graph with two bars and two lines. However one of the lines > the line begins and ends before the eginning and end of th egraph, is there a > way to extend it? Are the source data ranges misaligned? I can't visualize the problem. > Also the second ...

Help !

Help with this thing

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Stopping the Over-Receipt of Purchase Line Items
Without code, does anybody know of a way to prevent a user from overreceiving a purchase order? The message appears that says the item has been fully received. But, the user is still able to keep going. Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, I checked and I don't think you can accomplish this without a customization. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > Without code, does anybody know of a way to...

exch 5.5 help

Suppress pivot table lines
I'm creating a budget pivot table. Its' source is a worksheet in the same workbook that is linked to individual department budget workbooks. A general budget template was used for all departments and many of the accounts have a zero value in the amount column. The pivot table picks up all the accounts, including the ones with zero values. Is there any way to suppress these lines without actually deleting the linked rows? I'd like to keep the pivot table's workbook flexible and generic but it prints an excessive amount of rows with no numeric values. Thanks, TomD The f...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

inserting a video
A few weeks ago I found a thread which talked about inserting a video by clicking on object and then clicking on media player and putting in the url. It worked great but I have been working on other things and didn't get back to it until now and I am obviously missing a step because it is not working and I can't find the instructions again. I click on insert, object, media player and then put in the url but nothing happens - what am I missing - i'm desperate. I have also tried different video clips and changing the name on the clips to something shorter. By the way w...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...