help with formula please #2

Can anyone please help with this formula. If Sheet1 Column
A = nothing(blank) And Column B = \\\\\\CC\\\\\\ Then
Sheet 2 B7 = SumTotal. As a regular formula would be nice
or VB code
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi Richard

you want nothing at all in the whole of column A in sheet 1?
do you want every cell in column B of sheet 1 to have \\\\\\CC\\\\\\ or
should this (can this) only appear in one cell?
and what range are you summing on sheet 2 in cell B7?

Cheers
JulieD

"Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone please help with this formula. If Sheet1 Column
> A = nothing(blank) And Column B = \\\\\\CC\\\\\\ Then
> Sheet 2 B7 = SumTotal. As a regular formula would be nice
> or VB code

0
JulieD1 (2295)
8/1/2004 4:16:42 PM
There is sometimes something in Column A and sometimes
not, therefore I want to sum everything in Column A And
Column B that meet both requirements. Such as: If A1 has
something in it , then don't sum it, if A2 has nothing in
it and B2 does not have \\\\\\CC\\\\\\, then don't sum it,
but if for example A2 has nothing and B2 has
\\\\\\CC\\\\\\ then sum it. Make since, kind of confusing
to put in words. But thanks for your help.

0
anonymous (74717)
8/1/2004 4:39:16 PM
Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> There is sometimes something in Column A and sometimes
> not, therefore I want to sum everything in Column A And
> Column B that meet both requirements. Such as: If A1 has
> something in it , then don't sum it, if A2 has nothing in
> it and B2 does not have \\\\\\CC\\\\\\, then don't sum it,
> but if for example A2 has nothing and B2 has
> \\\\\\CC\\\\\\ then sum it. Make since, kind of confusing
> to put in words. But thanks for your help.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/1/2004 5:35:02 PM
Hi Richard

(can't find your other post that Frank mentioned so i'll reply here just in
case ...)

still confused as to what you're summing ... you want nothing in A and a
non-numeric in B which AFAIK you can't add
however the IF part of the question is along the lines of
=IF(OR(A1<>"",B1<>"\\\\\\CC\\\\\\"),"don't sum","sum")

replace "don't sum" and "sum" with what ever you want to happen (if numeric
remove the ")

Cheers
JuileD

> There is sometimes something in Column A and sometimes
> not, therefore I want to sum everything in Column A And
> Column B that meet both requirements. Such as: If A1 has
> something in it , then don't sum it, if A2 has nothing in
> it and B2 does not have \\\\\\CC\\\\\\, then don't sum it,
> but if for example A2 has nothing and B2 has
> \\\\\\CC\\\\\\ then sum it. Make since, kind of confusing
> to put in words. But thanks for your help.

0
JulieD1 (2295)

sumifs help

hide formula in cells till data is available for calc
I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it until data becomes available to complete the calculation. This way you don't have a series of #value# in the work sheet. The formula contains an absolute reference as well. Thanks, Kiwi A look at your formula would have been nice. =IF(cellref="","",do something) traps for cellref having no data. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 15:02:01 -0700, kiwi <kiwi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recall being able to copy a formula in a column and hiding it u...

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

sequence numbers #2
how i can put sequence number after applying filter. if anyone can help me on this matter, i'll be very thankful. If your list begins in cell A1.... Insert a column and put SEQ in the "new" cell A1. Then put this formula in Cell A2 and copy down: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) Now filter your list. That formula will count the number of non-blank, visible cells. Note the dollar sign in the formula. Cell A3 will count the non-blank, visible cells from A2:A3. Cell A5 will count them from A2:A5, etc. Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "Ashley" wrote: > how i can put se...

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

exch 5.5 help

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

#REF #2
I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the cells display #REF, instead of the formula value. Any ideas on how to resolve this would beappreciated. Thanks. Barry You may be missing an add-in such as the Analysis ToolPak Navigate: Tools,Addin "Barry" wrote: > I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet > that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the > cells display #REF, instead of the formula valu...

Reg hiding such parameters in the properties of the mail #2
hi , I am using the outlook 2003 client for sending the email. when it reaches the destination end, the destined user is easily identifying the parameters like, from where the mail is coming like, public ip, machine name, and local ip address of the system which the mail is originated.. so i do not want to publisize such parameters to the outside world.. so how would i adjust the oulook such a way it should not take such parameters while sending the emails. i shal be thankfull if u help me on this! thanks in advance rizwan <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#8ikqBqv...

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

Sort Macro #2
I recorded this macro to sort a list according to a custom list. The problem I have is that it does not sort on another users Excel because they don't have the same customs list. Is there a way round this problem? Sub Macro1() Columns("N:N").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("N1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=12, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal End Sub Hi! Application.AddCustomList ListArray:=Range("A1:A10") will add a custo list to a workbook using a range y...

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help