Hi there,
I have a spreadsheet in which I have to monitor various dates which are in
different columns (i.e. (1) Date Tender Released, (2) Date Company Selected,
(3) Date Draft Contract Forwarded, (4) Date Contract Signed etc...).

Would if be possible to Conditional Format and have diffirent ROWs
highlighted for each individual Contracts (I have 300 running contracts
running) every time a date is filled in these different columns:

Initial Step (1) = Yellow (Call for Tender released)
Step (2) = Blue (Company Selected)
Step (3) = Brown (Contract under Process)
Step (4) = Green (Contract Signed)

....................Green being the final colour!! :-)

a point to note though:  I have already formatted 3 other columns in this
spreadsheet to have the cells change colours once a date is filled in.  With
this mean that these CFs would be over-written by the new CFs?

Greatly appreciate you advice!
Prav

0
Prabha (6)

I suggest you check out
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html

CFPlus - Extended Conditional Formatter

as you need more than 4 conditions

--

HTH

RP

"Prabha" <Prabha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
> I have a spreadsheet in which I have to monitor various dates which are in
> different columns (i.e. (1) Date Tender Released, (2) Date Company
Selected,
> (3) Date Draft Contract Forwarded, (4) Date Contract Signed etc...).
>
> Would if be possible to Conditional Format and have diffirent ROWs
> highlighted for each individual Contracts (I have 300 running contracts
> running) every time a date is filled in these different columns:
>
> Initial Step (1) = Yellow (Call for Tender released)
> Step (2) = Blue (Company Selected)
> Step (3) = Brown (Contract under Process)
> Step (4) = Green (Contract Signed)
>
> ...................Green being the final colour!! :-)
>
> a point to note though:  I have already formatted 3 other columns in this
> spreadsheet to have the cells change colours once a date is filled in.
With
> this mean that these CFs would be over-written by the new CFs?
>
> Greatly appreciate you advice!
> Prav

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/14/2005 2:00:23 PM
You can have up to 3 sets of Conditional Formatting applied to  any cell.
Click the "ADD" button at the bottom of the Conditional Formatting dialog
box. When you apply more than one set, the formatting used will be determined
by which condition is met (as long as your conditions are appropriately
nested).

You can also open the first list box and use "Formula Is" instead of the
default "Cell Value Is" to change the formatting of cells based on an
expression or the content of another cell. For example: The conditional
formatting applied to cell A1 based on the formula B1>10.

Hope this helps |:>)

"Prabha" wrote:

> Hi there,
> I have a spreadsheet in which I have to monitor various dates which are in
> different columns (i.e. (1) Date Tender Released, (2) Date Company Selected,
> (3) Date Draft Contract Forwarded, (4) Date Contract Signed etc...).
>
> Would if be possible to Conditional Format and have diffirent ROWs
> highlighted for each individual Contracts (I have 300 running contracts
> running) every time a date is filled in these different columns:
>
> Initial Step (1) = Yellow (Call for Tender released)
> Step (2) = Blue (Company Selected)
> Step (3) = Brown (Contract under Process)
> Step (4) = Green (Contract Signed)
>
> ...................Green being the final colour!! :-)
>
> a point to note though:  I have already formatted 3 other columns in this
> spreadsheet to have the cells change colours once a date is filled in.  With
> this mean that these CFs would be over-written by the new CFs?
>
> Greatly appreciate you advice!
> Prav

0
CyberTaz (411)
2/14/2005 2:25:07 PM
Many thanks for your tip Bob but I'm afraid the system is not letting me
install it!
Any other helpful tip please?
regards,
Prabha

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> I suggest you check out
> http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html
>
> CFPlus - Extended Conditional Formatter
>
> as you need more than 4 conditions
>

> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Prabha" <Prabha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there,
> > I have a spreadsheet in which I have to monitor various dates which are in
> > different columns (i.e. (1) Date Tender Released, (2) Date Company
> Selected,
> > (3) Date Draft Contract Forwarded, (4) Date Contract Signed etc...).
> >
> > Would if be possible to Conditional Format and have diffirent ROWs
> > highlighted for each individual Contracts (I have 300 running contracts
> > running) every time a date is filled in these different columns:
> >
> > Initial Step (1) = Yellow (Call for Tender released)
> > Step (2) = Blue (Company Selected)
> > Step (3) = Brown (Contract under Process)
> > Step (4) = Green (Contract Signed)
> >
> > ...................Green being the final colour!! :-)
> >
> > a point to note though:  I have already formatted 3 other columns in this
> > spreadsheet to have the cells change colours once a date is filled in.
> With
> > this mean that these CFs would be over-written by the new CFs?
> >
> > Greatly appreciate you advice!
> > Prav

0
Prabha (6)
2/14/2005 4:13:07 PM
Oh please, please!!  Perhaps you could show me how :>)

"CyberTaz" wrote:

> You can have up to 3 sets of Conditional Formatting applied to  any cell.
> Click the "ADD" button at the bottom of the Conditional Formatting dialog
> box. When you apply more than one set, the formatting used will be determined
> by which condition is met (as long as your conditions are appropriately
> nested).
>
> You can also open the first list box and use "Formula Is" instead of the
> default "Cell Value Is" to change the formatting of cells based on an
> expression or the content of another cell. For example: The conditional
> formatting applied to cell A1 based on the formula B1>10.
>
> Hope this helps |:>)
>
> "Prabha" wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > I have a spreadsheet in which I have to monitor various dates which are in
> > different columns (i.e. (1) Date Tender Released, (2) Date Company Selected,
> > (3) Date Draft Contract Forwarded, (4) Date Contract Signed etc...).
> >
> > Would if be possible to Conditional Format and have diffirent ROWs
> > highlighted for each individual Contracts (I have 300 running contracts
> > running) every time a date is filled in these different columns:
> >
> > Initial Step (1) = Yellow (Call for Tender released)
> > Step (2) = Blue (Company Selected)
> > Step (3) = Brown (Contract under Process)
> > Step (4) = Green (Contract Signed)
> >
> > ...................Green being the final colour!! :-)
> >
> > a point to note though:  I have already formatted 3 other columns in this
> > spreadsheet to have the cells change colours once a date is filled in.  With
> > this mean that these CFs would be over-written by the new CFs?
> >
> > Greatly appreciate you advice!
> > Prav

0
Prabha (6)

sumifs help

Help !

HTML Emails Loose Formatting on Forward / Reply
We are currently sending out some HTML emails (via a programmatic tool) to members of our company who use Outlook 2000 -2004. These emails use inline style definitions (i.e. defined in the header) that are applied throughout the email (i.e. to table cells, paragraphs, etc.). The problem is: The styles seem to come through fine when the user first receives the email, but when a user replies or forwards the email, the outlook/word editor seems to generate its own interpretation of those styles which ends up being very different from how they orginally looked. I've seen other HTML based em...

how can I get a cell to change color by date to indicate expiery t
I'm trying to get the cell color to change from green to yellow to red as a date entered in the cell gets closer to that date plus 12 months or 36 months. ie some task was completed on 1 Jan 08 and will last for 24 months so I want the cell to read green if the date is still good turn yellow a month or 2 before it expires and turn red and clear the date if expired. So if the cell is empty it should show red. But I want to be able to update the date the task was completed ie it was completed again on the 15 Dec 10 before it expired so I want the countdown to expiration to restart f...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

Date Format #8
Dear friends, Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from FormatCells. -- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't have English (United States) selected. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:OvoRcV$dFHA.3012@tk2msftngp...

help me #2

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

Comma Style format, default change
I'd like to change my comma for numbers: 1,000.00 to be 1,000 I can change the style in the toolbar icon (modify), but that only works for the current file. when i open another spreadsheet the toolbar icon puts to two zeros back into the right of the decimal point. HOW CAN I PERM. CHANGE THE COMMA STYLE ICON? DAVE You can change it for any new workbooks that are based on a template. Create new workbook with that style. Then save it in your XLStart folder (location varies with versions of windows & excel). Now each workbook you create new will use that as the default. You co...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...