HELP! Split cell contents to new rows

I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do you tell excel to
take the cell contents and insert into new rows.  Each name is separated by a
comma and I need each name to appear in its own row beneath that cell.
PLEASE HELP!

Copy, paste special-transpose (now in columns). Data - Text to columns.
Copy, paste special- transpose back to rows.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"nyarce" <nyarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do you tell excel to
> take the cell contents and insert into new rows.  Each name is separated
> by a
> comma and I need each name to appear in its own row beneath that cell.
> PLEASE HELP!

0
Luke
5/13/2010 5:12:15 PM
you need to use text functions like FIND, MID, LEFT, RIGHT to chop up the
cell, tell us what the data looks like and we can give specific examples.

"nyarce" wrote:

> I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do you tell excel to
> take the cell contents and insert into new rows.  Each name is separated by a
> comma and I need each name to appear in its own row beneath that cell.
> PLEASE HELP!
Hi,
Highlight the column, text to column, delimited,check the box that says
comma, finish

"nyarce" wrote:

> I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do you tell excel to
> take the cell contents and insert into new rows.  Each name is separated by a
> comma and I need each name to appear in its own row beneath that cell.
> PLEASE HELP!
Nancy Smith, Joe Pelegro, Janie Simmons are all in one cell.  I need excel to
create a new row below Nancy Smith and insert Joe Pelegro in there by himself
and the same for Janie Simmons so that it looks like:

Nancy Smith
Joe Pelegro
Janie Simmons

I also need to make sure the new rows to not overwrite/delete the contents
of the existing rows beneath the original entry of Nancy Smith, Joe Pelegro,
Janie Simmons, hence me needing excel not only to move these contents but
create new row for each name.

"dlw" wrote:

> you need to use text functions like FIND, MID, LEFT, RIGHT to chop up the
> cell, tell us what the data looks like and we can give specific examples.
>
> "nyarce" wrote:
>
> > I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do you tell excel to
> > take the cell contents and insert into new rows.  Each name is separated by a
> > comma and I need each name to appear in its own row beneath that cell.
> > PLEASE HELP!

Can I move down 12 rows in excel for every new entry
I am entering records of numbers which have formulas for calculation. I want to place these records every 12 rows and be able to automate the worksheet for our office personnel. How? HELP!! There can be anywhere from 50 to 150 records depending on how many batches are produced in manufacturing plant. right click sheet tab>view code>copy\paste this. If not column A (1) then change. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub Target.Offset(12).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Mickey&...

Help: Formula put into entire row creates large file size
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I would like one column to be the concatenation of two other columns. For example, in column C I would have =A1&B1. This excel file will be given to people and they will fill in values into columns A and B. The trick is, I don't know how many rows there will be, so I don't know how many rows in column C should have this formula. If I paste this formula into the entire column C, the excel file blows up to 3 megabytes. (It's only 15KB without this column). Are there ways for me to accomplish this more efficiently? Thanks for any help Are y...

plz help me .......[plz].....[i need a help [ :( ] ]
hi , every body; i want to write an easy program; if u have time plz write that code for me i want to write a program that it gets a number from user then save it in filestream i mean to see tahat number ever time that i want at that file i need a help On Mar 7, 6:04=A0pm, sahel <nam.nam.baro...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi , every body; > i want to write an easy program; > if u have time plz write that code for me > i want to write a program that it gets a number from user then save it > in filestream > i mean to see tahat number ever time that i want at that f...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

New funny recruitment video for Microsoft..
http://dropkickmonkey.com/2007/12/18/a-good-microsoft-recruitment-video-mindscape-a-new-viral-ad/ ...

Printing one pg item (visio), only prints 2nd 1/2 of page. Help?
I have a one page flowchart in Visio 2003. It fits an 8 1/2 x 11 page on print preview screen. When printed, only get 2nd half of the flowchart on the page, as though it only started printing from that point. All settings seem normal, am able to print normally in Word. Opened other visio flowcharts that had printed normally 30 minutes ago, and now only getting 2nd half of page. There were some printing issus with Visio 2003. Have applied the latest patch to Visio 2003 and are you using the latest printer drivers? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3...

Counting empty cells within a range of cells #2
A sheet can have a variable range of adjacent cells each containing the value =1 The range defines the perimeter of, or surrounds a group of empty cells however outside the perimeter, the remaining cells on the sheet are empty as well. The task is to count the empty cells that are surrounded by the perimeter of 1�s: To do this manually, I use the @countif (range=0) function however it requires that I go into the worksheet and select the range manually. I would like to do this by formula or macro. The knowns are: 1) The location of the start/end cell of the range 2) That the next cell in ...

last row or record
there is no ID in this table. table1: col1 col2 col3 ----- ------ ----- aaa bbb ddd aab jjj fff ccc qqq ppp like to get this output: col1 col2 col3 ----- ------ ----- ccc qqq ppp -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com sorry to buttoning in between... try this... create form using table, and in form on load properties. DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast regards "igg via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > there is no ID in this table. > table1: > col1 col2 col3 > ----- ------ ----- > aa...

help
I have some texts files, which i want to read in each line, and then write back each line to a new text file. So for example, I want to read in the 2 lines below: "C:\Data\=D3=EA=D2=B9=D0=C7=BF=D5",6,10,3,3,8 "",0,0,0,318.592,83.04552 I store each line of data in the following vector: std::vector<CString> FileData; So FileData[0] =3D ""C:\Data\=D3=EA=D2=B9=D0=C7=BF=D5",6,10,3,3,8" FileData[1] =3D """,0,0,0,318.592,83.04552" (the data is in the vector correctly) Then I go to write the data to a new text file... FILE ...

Toggle Button Help 2
How do I configure a toggle button to toggle a cell between 2 differen colors (in this case from blue to white and back)? I only have half o the formula but don't know how to assign the other half of the toggl to change the cell back to white. Here's my formula: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Range("D20").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 8 .Pattern = xlSolid End With End Sub How do I add the rest? Thanks.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Josiah, Answer Toggle question #2, you can assign the function: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() I...

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

Please Help Me
Please help me im bearly making it ive got so many bills ive tryed providing for my famlie but im bearly making it please send me $5.00 or more to help out im just asking for your help if you dont have it ill just keep trying click below on the link to send me $5.00 or more please help me God bless you all https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=joesluss%40adelphia.net&item_name=five+dollars&item_number=5&amount=5.00&no_note=1&currency_code=USD ...

Display cell attributes/format
Is there any way of examining the cell attributes/formatting on a worksheet other than individually with Format | Cell? I would assume so but can't find it. Thanks Brian Tozer Not in versions after and including xl97. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Brian Tozer <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:bs3261$duo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Is there any way of examining the cell attributes/formatting on a worksheet > other than individually with Format | Cell? > I would assume so but can't find it. > > Thanks > Brian Tozer > > ...

What does "Compile error in hidden module:Autoexec New" mean?
I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel programs as well as new ones I am creating. A PDFMaker add-in problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Jim "Karla" <Karla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5C336C6-10D3-40BE-8146-C0491DA16804@microsoft.com... |I am receiving this error message when i start excel, with saved excel | programs as well as new ones I am creating. ...

Links in Excel 2000...need help
Hi, Would you happen to know how to switch the setting in excel so that when I doubleclick on a cell with a link to another tab (worksheet), it will take me to that tab and specifically the cell referenced? Thx, Maybe you can use a worksheet formula. David McRitchie has posted these formulas that he uses. =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) === but you meant like what hap...

Printing only non-blank rows
Hi all, 1) Is there a command I can use or a macro code so that I only print non-blank rows? 2) Similar problem: is there a command or macro so that I only print rows that do not contain error values? Thanks for any ideas Matthew --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ An alternative to VBA is to apply an Advanced Filter and filter for those rows that only contain data. Try this: 1. An empty cell below your data (say E100), put: =COUNTA(2:2)>0 where row 2 is the 1st row of data and row 1 = headers. 2. Select your data and go to Data > Filter > Advanced F...

Frx NP rows and Excel export
In versions of Frx6.7 SP9 and lower when a column is made NP in Frx, when the report genrated is exported to Excel the NP column is not transferred to Excel. In Frx6.7 SP10 I have now found that NP columns now export to Excel and are displayed as hidden columns in Frx. As far as I can tell is is supposed to be function enhancement rather than a bug. Can someone confirm this for me? Also - is there a way somehow to ensure it works in the way it did previosuly (I ask this I my client has multiple complex Excel sheets that link to the columns in this exported sheet - now due to this '...

New domain (child or new forest)?
We have a single active directory domain (internal.com). We need to setup a second domain that will be accessed from the outside for non-employee users (external.com). If we do not want the external.com domain to have any access to the internal.com domain, shouldn't we create a "Domain in a new forest?" Creating a "Child domain in an existing domain tree," or a "Domain tree in an existing forest" will allow a two way trust between the root domain and the child domain correct? Howdie! jktat schrieb: > We have a single active directory dom...

Formula Cell Error
Hi all, i have a problem with the following code, would appreciate if anyone can give me some help on this. Basically everything works fine except for this line: Cells(i, 12).FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(J" & StartCount & ":J" & EndCount & ")" The cell will reflect "=SUM('J2':'J3')" instead of "=SUM(J2:J3)". --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub Test() For i = 2 To 100 Step 1 Cells(i, 1).Select If Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorI...

why does excel add 0's to a cell?
when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the number. Is this a bug in excel? How can I fix this problem? Check the number format for the cell. Format it as General. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kathryn" <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174D91D7-B8A2-4058-9A80-C47D33D369E6@microsoft.com... > when I add numbers to a cell, excel adds tree zero's to the > number. Is this a > bug in excel? How can I fix this problem? Kathryn, If Chip's su...

help with 2 xl sheets...
I need help with 2 worksheets. first sheet is a time schedule sheet. I need to count the total number of shifts entered in a week The sheet is set up so columns are days of weeks, each person has 2 rows, top row is the start time bottom row is end time, time is entered is in 24Hr format and shifts start at various times of days. Second I have a row of numbers 1 to 20 that is averaged in row 21 in column A. Row 1 has the most current figure, row 20 is oldest, Can I set it up so I can enter the most current number in row 1 column A and all the existing figures automatically bump down 1 row? ...

Help
I am trying to configure Outlook 2003 for multiple email accounts. I have so far set up 4 different profiles to go with the 4 different accounts that I would like to check with outlook. On startup of Outlook 2003 I have an option of which account to check and once I select the account, it opens right up and everything is working fine except that I would now like to use a password log on so that each ac count can have some privacy. 2 are mine and I have one for my wife. I would like it to request a password before it opens her account etc. any assistance would be greatly appreciat...

Html Tags for Specific Words in a Cell

Merge Cells I can't find
I was trying to hide a column, and got a message that I couldn't, because cells in another column were involved. I don't see those cells, and "merge" is turned off. Any suggestions for finding them? Ed This quick macro will remove all merges on the current sheet: Sub RemoveMerges() Cells.UnMerge End Sub You can, of course define a range instead. -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "Ed Kearns" wrote: > I was trying to hide a column, and got a message that I couldn't...

Help on XML Explicit
Hello, I am starting to work with XML Explicit. I am having problems with the tags and the level they generate in. Can anyone please help me, for I have looked aroung and it seems that I am doing everything fine!!! I am attaching below an example of the query and the XML it generates. =========================== Declare @IdCat int set @IdCat = 62 SELECT 1 AS TAG, NULL AS PARENT, '' AS [p!1], NULL AS [pc!2], NULL AS [pc!2!npc!xml], NULL AS [pc!2!idp!xml], NULL AS [pc!2!nc!xml], NULL AS [pc!2!m!xml], NULL AS [e!3!xml], NULL AS [e!3!ce!xml], NULL AS [e!3!de!xml], NULL AS [e!3!fe...