Help please with simple chart

I used to Excel, but am a newbie with charts. Am using Excel version
5.0a
In connection with a Process, I am recording liquid levels in mls at
various times during the day.
As a spreadsheet sample, column A, day. column b, time. column c
quantity in mls.

a1  Day  b1 Time  c1 mls
a2  Mon  b2 8:00  c2 225
         b3 10:30 c3 100
         b4 11:45 c4 100
         b5 13:30 c5 120
         b6 16:30 c6 200
a7 Tues  etc  etc

Using Chart Wizard I have managed to create the bar chart, but I am
stumped on how to get it to show the results.
On the vertical left hand side I want mls in vertical bars, and along
the bottom the day/time for each sample.  (I can never remember which
is X and Y )
Generally between 5 to 10 samples per day, and would like to record at
least a weeks worth of data.  I am happy to change the spreadsheet
layout to suit.
Very many thanks for your help.
Jim.
0
jimsunz (11)

Hi Jim

not sure what Excel version 5.0a is .. .so i hope this will work for you:

with your current layout copy Mon down in cells A3 to A6 do the same for Tue
etc
so you now have
Day     Time        Mls
Mon    8:00            225
Mon    10:30        100

etc

now select from A1 to the end of your data (A1:C26 according to my
reckoning) ... and then press the F11 key - this should autogenerate a chart
(assuming this feature works in excel 5.0a) which will give you what i think
you're after.

Let me know how you go
Cheers
JulieD

"jimsunz" <jimsunz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I used to Excel, but am a newbie with charts. Am using Excel version
> 5.0a
> In connection with a Process, I am recording liquid levels in mls at
> various times during the day.
> As a spreadsheet sample, column A, day. column b, time. column c
> quantity in mls.
>
> a1  Day  b1 Time  c1 mls
> a2  Mon  b2 8:00  c2 225
>         b3 10:30 c3 100
>         b4 11:45 c4 100
>         b5 13:30 c5 120
>         b6 16:30 c6 200
> a7 Tues  etc  etc
>
> Using Chart Wizard I have managed to create the bar chart, but I am
> stumped on how to get it to show the results.
> On the vertical left hand side I want mls in vertical bars, and along
> the bottom the day/time for each sample.  (I can never remember which
> is X and Y )
> Generally between 5 to 10 samples per day, and would like to record at
> least a weeks worth of data.  I am happy to change the spreadsheet
> layout to suit.
> Very many thanks for your help.
> Jim.

0
JulieD1 (2295)
10/25/2004 2:17:20 AM
"JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message news:<uBVQSjjuEHA.3900@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Hi Jim
>
> not sure what Excel version 5.0a is .. .so i hope this will work for you:
>
> with your current layout copy Mon down in cells A3 to A6 do the same for Tue
> etc
> so you now have
> Day     Time        Mls
> Mon    8:00            225
> Mon    10:30        100
>
> etc
>
> now select from A1 to the end of your data (A1:C26 according to my
> reckoning) ... and then press the F11 key - this should autogenerate a chart
> (assuming this feature works in excel 5.0a) which will give you what i think
> you're after.

Well done and grateful thanks - it works - here's a lovely relaxing
back massage for you, or perhaps a massage to those helpful busy hands
of yours.  Regards  Jim.
> Let me know how you go
> Cheers
> JulieD
>

> "jimsunz" <jimsunz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I used to Excel, but am a newbie with charts. Am using Excel version
> > 5.0a
> > In connection with a Process, I am recording liquid levels in mls at
> > various times during the day.
> > As a spreadsheet sample, column A, day. column b, time. column c
> > quantity in mls.
> >
> > a1  Day  b1 Time  c1 mls
> > a2  Mon  b2 8:00  c2 225
> >         b3 10:30 c3 100
> >         b4 11:45 c4 100
> >         b5 13:30 c5 120
> >         b6 16:30 c6 200
> > a7 Tues  etc  etc
> >
> > Using Chart Wizard I have managed to create the bar chart, but I am
> > stumped on how to get it to show the results.
> > On the vertical left hand side I want mls in vertical bars, and along
> > the bottom the day/time for each sample.  (I can never remember which
> > is X and Y )
> > Generally between 5 to 10 samples per day, and would like to record at
> > least a weeks worth of data.  I am happy to change the spreadsheet
> > layout to suit.
> > Very many thanks for your help.
> > Jim.
0
jimsunz (11)
10/27/2004 11:09:35 PM
Hi Jim

glad it worked, i'ld kill for a back massage just at the moment .. today has
been a touch on the "stressful" side :)

> "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Jim
>>
>> not sure what Excel version 5.0a is .. .so i hope this will work for you:
>>
>> with your current layout copy Mon down in cells A3 to A6 do the same for
>> Tue
>> etc
>> so you now have
>> Day     Time        Mls
>> Mon    8:00            225
>> Mon    10:30        100
>>
>> etc
>>
>> now select from A1 to the end of your data (A1:C26 according to my
>> reckoning) ... and then press the F11 key - this should autogenerate a
>> chart
>> (assuming this feature works in excel 5.0a) which will give you what i
>> think
>> you're after.
>>
> Well done and grateful thanks - it works - here's a lovely relaxing
> back massage for you, or perhaps a massage to those helpful busy hands
> of yours.  Regards  Jim.
>> Let me know how you go
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>>

>> "jimsunz" <jimsunz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I used to Excel, but am a newbie with charts. Am using Excel version
>> > 5.0a
>> > In connection with a Process, I am recording liquid levels in mls at
>> > various times during the day.
>> > As a spreadsheet sample, column A, day. column b, time. column c
>> > quantity in mls.
>> >
>> > a1  Day  b1 Time  c1 mls
>> > a2  Mon  b2 8:00  c2 225
>> >         b3 10:30 c3 100
>> >         b4 11:45 c4 100
>> >         b5 13:30 c5 120
>> >         b6 16:30 c6 200
>> > a7 Tues  etc  etc
>> >
>> > Using Chart Wizard I have managed to create the bar chart, but I am
>> > stumped on how to get it to show the results.
>> > On the vertical left hand side I want mls in vertical bars, and along
>> > the bottom the day/time for each sample.  (I can never remember which
>> > is X and Y )
>> > Generally between 5 to 10 samples per day, and would like to record at
>> > least a weeks worth of data.  I am happy to change the spreadsheet
>> > layout to suit.
>> > Very many thanks for your help.
>> > Jim.

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Transferring data to a new company that has a "new" chart of accou
Hello: The client wants to create a new company in GP 9.0. This company is going to be the client’s “new live” company. The client wants this company to have a different account format and a new chart of accounts from what the old company has. They want to get rid of this “old live” company, because they say that financial and other data is not clearly discernible. Pretty easy, so far….. But, the client also wants to transfer the payroll and payables data from the old live company to this new live company. The issue is that the new company will have a new chart of accounts. The ...

Gantt Chart issue.
I have had a number of users complain that they make customizations to their Gantt charts (color coding, text and drawings) and from time to time their customizations seem to disappear after a save and publish. Is this an issue? has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a fix? Sorry forgot to mention, MSPS 2007 SP2... "Eric_H" wrote: > I have had a number of users complain that they make customizations to their > Gantt charts (color coding, text and drawings) and from time to time their > customizations seem to disappear after a save and publish....

Simple VBA Deletion of certain rows.
Good evening all. this seems so simple but I have tried searching Google, but to no avail. And so I do hope someone can help me here. I am simply looking for code to delete the rows that have Zero in Column C, a simple example as follows: Formats: A=Text, B=Text, C=Number A B C 1 Header Header Header 2 003 M080 85.26 3 005 M080 0.00 4 004 M076 25.25 5 002 M085 0.00 6 006 M564 0.00 7 001 K798 ...

sumifs help

Help !

Displaying cell data in a chart
Previous posts indicate a successfuly method for displaying data/text from a cell into a chart. Following this procedure, I select the chart, press the equal sign, and select the cell, and then enter. The address of the sheet and the cell address are displayed after the equal sign. When I press enter nothing seems to happen. The data are supposed to display in the middle of the chart, but I do not get any display of the data. I am in a Pivot Table worksheet but did not directly insert a Pivot Chart. I used getpivotdata and created new cells for plotting into the inserted column ch...

Help with this thing

Excel chart to Access report
Apologies if this isn't the right forum, but I'm clutching at straws here.... I have a chart which must be created in Excel because the Access chart interface does not (to my knowledge) permit custom error bars. The problem is that I want then to include the graph in an Access report. I can see how, via automation, I can address the chart from code in the Access report. I just don't know how to actually include it, if you get my meaning. I thought placing an unbound OLE object control in the report would be a good start, but I don't seem to be able to move the chart data into...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

daily data overlaid by monthly data chart
I have to create a graph that has daily data overlaid by monthly data. Ideally the monthly data would be a bar graph with the daily data as line graph over top. 'Here's a pic to explain what I mean (http://apple.termisoc.org/~j/files/excel_nightmare.JPG) (96kb) I also had the problem that the monthly data was in a differen arrangement - the date traversing the columns with the daily data wen vertically. - To fix it I used the Edit -> Special paste -> transpose option an then laboriously cut and pasted the resulting arrangement to one bi column. Wish I knew a better way. I ...

Chart and Data range
Hello I'm using a chart dayly and i would like that the chart take all the data without selecting source data within data source and updating the range manualy. Thanks for Help Louis Do a Google search for: Excel dynamic chart or go to http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2F4B7D-82E2-47F9-9D05-79BEE769CFC2@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I'm using a chart dayly and i would li...

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction