Help Please- How to offset Date to correct column for Ageing

Hi All,
I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup table,
on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next three
columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity of
product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are
five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9 months
50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and  > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability
provision.
What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the
quantity is automatically inserted into the correct column by age (date)
either entering the date manually or from the vlookup table. I hope I have
explained this well enough.
TIA
Regards Roger.

0
roger.s (4)

Roger,

Can you give some sample data and what the results might be?

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Roger Swinderman" <roger.s@showplaplastics.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup
table,
> on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next
three
> columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity of
> product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are
> five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9
months
> 50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and  > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability
> provision.
> What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the
> quantity is automatically inserted into the correct column by age (date)
> either entering the date manually or from the vlookup table. I hope I have
> explained this well enough.
> TIA
> Regards Roger.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
9/15/2005 9:01:41 AM
Hi Bob,
Column
     A                   B                       C             D
E                   F                          G                        H
I                                  J                       K
L           M
  Code        Description           FG Cost     Qty           Date       <3
Months 0%    3 - 6 Months 25%     6 - 9 Months 50%     9 - 12 Months 75%
 >1 Year 100%    Total Liability      Qty        Value
1  313      T48793 T40 Fan       �0.47         200       15-09-05
200 (Manual entry)
0.00           200       93.25
2  313      T48793 T40 Fan       �0.47         200       06-06-05
200  (Manual entry)
23.31          200       69.94
3
I hope this explains it a little clearer
Thanks again
Roger

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Roger,
>
> Can you give some sample data and what the results might be?
>
> --
> HTH
>
> Bob Phillips
>
> "Roger Swinderman" <roger.s@showplaplastics.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>> I have a stock ageing sheet for finished goods, which uses a vlookup
> table,
>> on entry of the Product code (last 3 Digits), this populates the next
> three
>> columns with description, FG cost and Quantity of product. the quantity
>> of
>> product is entered again manually into the appropriate column, there are
>> five columns these are banded <3 Months 0%, 3 to 6 Months 25%, 6 to 9
> months
>> 50%, 9 to 12 Months 75% and  > 1 Year 100%, the percentage is liability
>> provision.
>> What I would like to do is on entry of the product code as above the
>> quantity is automatically inserted into the correct column by age (date)
>> either entering the date manually or from the vlookup table. I hope I
>> have
>> explained this well enough.
>> TIA
>> Regards Roger.

0
roger.s (4)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

how can I get a cell to change color by date to indicate expiery t
I'm trying to get the cell color to change from green to yellow to red as a date entered in the cell gets closer to that date plus 12 months or 36 months. ie some task was completed on 1 Jan 08 and will last for 24 months so I want the cell to read green if the date is still good turn yellow a month or 2 before it expires and turn red and clear the date if expired. So if the cell is empty it should show red. But I want to be able to update the date the task was completed ie it was completed again on the 15 Dec 10 before it expired so I want the countdown to expiration to restart f...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Moving Row Data to Column/Row Groups
First off...great forum with super smart participants. Hopefully, I ca tap into some of this brain power!! :) I have received an Excel emai spreadsheet containing hundreds of names and corresponding emai addresses. Problem is the data runs on one line from A1 to GB1. Fo example, A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1, etc (name 1)(email 1)(name 2)(email 2)(name 3)(email 3) etc. I need to break the data to a two column format with the first colum containing the name and the second column containing the emai address...then dropping down to the next row and listing the next set then the next and so on. The good ne...

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

REMOVING GAPS IN DATES
I want to chart some production data. Right now I have a x-y scatter and it plots the dates on x-axis and the data on the y-axis. The boss would like the dates that we did not run production to be cut out of the chart. So, if we ran on 01-01-04 to 01-02-04 and picked up again at 03-01-04, then only the days that we ran would be on the chart and evenly spaced throughout like 01-01-04, 01-02-04, 03-01-04, etc. If anyone would give me a hint it would be very helpful. Thank you. Erick YOu could change your chart type to "line" remove lines and leave markers and select chart optio...

Receivables Aging Process Error
During processing Cash Receipts, we had a power failure at our offices. I am getting the following error when Aging Receivables: "Documents exist in a recovered batch or in an interrupted transaction-level posting session that have not been posted. If you continue, only the documents that have been posted will be included". Does anyone have an idea how we can troubleshoot this problem? Maria, Did you look in Batch Recovery? Is there anything in there? Have you tried running check links? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Maria" <betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Macro Help

Date Format #8
Dear friends, Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from FormatCells. -- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't have English (United States) selected. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:OvoRcV$dFHA.3012@tk2msftngp...

help me #2

column width on register
Is it possible to increase the width of a column on the register to accomodate 6 to 8 numbers (i.e. 09310301)? Dale Stephens ...

Can Excel notify me when a date is due?
I am currently setting up an Excel spreadsheet to calculate dates, and I was wondering whether Excel could notify me somehow 2 days before a date I have calculated, or to somehow flash up that the date is due. Does anyone know how to do this, or would I somehow have-to transfer the dates I have calculated in Excel into Outlook? Hi Claire Use a helper cell with A1-2 and use that cell in the change event Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/change.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Claire Chandler" <Claire Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

dates from Access > Outlook Calendar
I would like to be able to add events to a shared Outlook 2007 Calendar directly from our Access 2007 database. It seems fairly easy to do it from Outlook to Access (though I haven't tried it!) but I can't find anything straightforward for doing it the other way. We would like to fill in the event details in an Access form and then, if possible, have the basic date and times saved/ transferred/ whatever! to the Outlook calendar - simply to save the extra step of doing it manually. I have used Access for a few months but have not done any real coding - (someone in the ...

Your Help is Appreciated