Help me please #2

I have a sheet formatted to wrap text with several entries with ten or 15
lines.

I select the whole sheet and format>rowheight>autofit selection.

Then switch to page break preview and the text wrap changes and the text is
truncated when printing.  How do I fix this?

If the text in each cell is more than 1024 characters, it will truncate.

Carole O

"ArchiTorture" wrote:

> I have a sheet formatted to wrap text with several entries with ten or 15
> lines.
>
> I select the whole sheet and format>rowheight>autofit selection.
>
> Then switch to page break preview and the text wrap changes and the text is
> truncated when printing.  How do I fix this?
0
CaroleO (115)
12/30/2004 7:37:04 PM
By default Excel allows 32,767 characters in a cell but will show or print
only about 1024 of these.

You can add to this by entering some hard carriage returns(ALT + ENTER) at
appropriate spots.

If really desperate you can show/print many more characters.  The output may
not be readable but can be done.

See this suggestion at........

http://snipurl.com/boix

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:59:12 -0800, ArchiTorture
<ArchiTorture@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a sheet formatted to wrap text with several entries with ten or 15
>lines.
>
>I select the whole sheet and format>rowheight>autofit selection.
>
>Then switch to page break preview and the text wrap changes and the text is
>truncated when printing.  How do I fix this?

0
Gord
12/30/2004 7:59:24 PM
The max character issue is helpful, but I'm no where near it.  The main issue
is that the column width changes or somethin so that when I'm in Normal view
the line breaks with 8 words on a line and then when I switch to page break
view the column size changes or something and only 6 words will be on a line.
 What is going on and how do I fix it?

-ArchiTorture

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> By default Excel allows 32,767 characters in a cell but will show or print
> only about 1024 of these.
>
> You can add to this by entering some hard carriage returns(ALT + ENTER) at
> appropriate spots.
>
> If really desperate you can show/print many more characters.  The output may
> not be readable but can be done.
>
> See this suggestion at........
>
> http://snipurl.com/boix
>
> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:59:12 -0800, ArchiTorture
> <ArchiTorture@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a sheet formatted to wrap text with several entries with ten or 15
> >lines.
> >
> >I select the whole sheet and format>rowheight>autofit selection.
> >
> >Then switch to page break preview and the text wrap changes and the text is
> >truncated when printing.  How do I fix this?

WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet (WYSIWYG) ain't necessarily so.

If it's important, you'll want to inspect the printed output before you
distribute the workbook.

Maybe using a smaller font will help
or even
Format|cells|alignment tab|shrink to fit

And just to make your life miserable.  You may fix it for your printer, but
distribute it to someone else who uses a different printer and it won't look
nice for them.

You may want to just bite the bullet and widen the cell/shrink the font and make
it ok for the worst case you can imagine.

--

Dave Peterson
0