help me #2

how to restrict entering of same values or data in excel
cell
0
mangesh1 (1)

Hi
if you mean the 'preventing of duplicate entries' you may check the
following site
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

mangesh khati wrote:
> how to restrict entering of same values or data in excel
> cell

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Printing Form Help
I have set up a database that at the end prints out all reports. I am making a table/form/report that is gonna have optional info on it, which will be accessed from a optional button that can be clicked within the form. If a person clicks this button to enter optional information how can i program access to print that report along with the other reports I have. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 Continuing: I guess I could have access print all pages like it does now but is there a way to get it to ...

Timer #2
What is the limitatio in using Timer in MFC? I have various timers working at the same time, and sometimes I found one of the timer suspended and the whole application hanged. 1) Can I use more than 1 timer? 2) What makes the timers hanged? 3) What is the max numbers of timer that I can use? 4) How can I combine all timers into 1 timer and do for all the tasks? Thanks a lot, Vicki Depending on the OS involved, you can use up to 5 Timers (system wide, I believe) which means that they are a limited system resource and should not be held when not used. If you have more than that, that is ...

Help
My organization has 4 entities with 4 domain names. I have created 4 recipient policies to assign the domain email address to users of each entity (1 email per user). However, there are certain users that need to have an email address other than the primary address that they receive. Without manually assiging this address, can I create a group, put users in that group, and have a recipient policy assign all necessary addresses based on this group membership? -- Richard Perry Systems Administrator/Programmer Shadow Mountain Ministries San Diego Christian College Southern California Semin...

urgent help to find out why
Hi all, windows 2003 /exchange 2003 SP2 with FE and BE Users are complaining that they do not receive messages timely. I check the BE's queues and find out over 5000 mesages in the local delivery queue about the 1.7 GB size(no limit set up here and is not allowed to do it. If I do a search, I can not find out the messages which have large sizes. What's the log to track own who send large attachment? tracking log. Also, any other ways to make queue go down quickly? To rebboot the server? Can we set up the alert if messages queued up in the local delivery queue? O...

combo box and subform help
In my subform for each seperate order, I want to beable to select a descripton name from the combo box. When the description name is selected, the price associated with that name should come up in the subform. I have tried to put the combo box in the table for description and make a query but, the information associated with the description name will not come up. Create the combo box cboItem with the RowSource something like: SELECT tblItem.ItemKey, tblItem.ItemDescription, tblItem.SellPrice FROM tblItem; Set the number of columns to 3 Set the column widths to 0;2;0 or something e...

OMA Problem!
Goodmornig at all! I've a problem with OMA 2003... When I type http://serverip/oma the logon popup appear; I write domainname\username and password and appear this: (see the attach....screenshot.jpg) In the domain controller event viewer I've found this error: Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeOMA Categoria evento: (1000) ID evento: 1507 Data: 28/07/2004 Ora: 10.16.07 Utente: N/D Computer: DOMAIN Descrizione: Errore sconosciuto durante l'elaborazione della richiesta corrente: Generata eccezione di tipo Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderExcepti...

Conditional format question #2
Excel 2003 Is there a way of comparing the value in the current cell, against that of the rightmost occupied cell in a row range? -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) formula is and format as desired. Assumes numbers =3Db2=3DINDEX($2:$2,MATCH(9999999,$2:$2)) On Jan 23, 12:13=A0pm, Paul Hyett <vidcap...@invalid83261.co.uk> wrote: > Excel 2003 > > Is there a way of comparing the value in the current cell, against that > of the rightmost occupied cell in a row range? > -- > Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change '...

Public folder Exchange 2003 #2
When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following message: Unable to create the required MAPI profile. Please verify that you have sufficient permissions to write to the MAPISVC.INF file. c103073a I have migrated from Exchange server 2000, but I still have the old server running. It doesn’t seem to be a problem with public folders created before Exchange 2003 server, just the new ones. Regards Per Per <Per@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I trying to set client permission on public folder I get the following >message: > >Unable to...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #2
When I say tab, I of course mean a sheet -- david.willis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14697 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263201 One way: Put this in your ThisWorkbook code module: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheets(1).Select End Sub If you're not familiar with macro, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article <david.willis.1d3hhz@excelforum-nospam.com>, dav...

Excel Not Talking To Outlook [Email Settings] #2
This is a follow up to an older thread on the same problem. Search groups.google.com for the same subject and you'll find the previous thread (which lacked an answer). I'm just posting here for posterity. When sending email from Excel and expecting to see your Outlook contacts box come up for you but instead you see a strange box letting you choose "shared contacts" or "this identity's contacts", the answer is that Internet Explorer is set up to use Outlook Express for email instead of Outlook. Open IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab. Chan...

xlstart #2
hi jim, turned out to be so simple a solution :-)... thank you very much. mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26637 ...

Outlook 2003 and Hotmail #2
OL2K3 does not play nicely with Hotmail, regardless of what the marketing people want you to believe. Every time I fire up OL2K3 and do a global "Send and Receive" I get an error list like this: www.raindayspa.ca/emailerrors.gif On a mass email recieve like that, my Hotmail folders almost never populate. I assure you my passwords and logins are correct -- after closing the error window I can access the HM accounts individually and OL2K3 will retrieve the mail. What's more, Hotmail access is still slow. In contrast, OE6 integrates hotmail without any fusses. You'd think th...

filtering colours #2
Guys Can you tell me if it is possible to filter rows identified by colou plz? If so, how do you do this?? Any help would be most welcome Thanks Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Not directly. You can create a user-defined function, use this function to return the color index of the current cell, and then filter by color index. 1. Press ALT+F11. 2. Go to Insert > Module. 3. Paste in the following code: Function cellcolor(Target As Range) cellcolor = Target.Interior.ColorIndex End Function 4. Click back into XL. 5. In the next open column, put a header like...

Disabling the BCC field #2
http://www.experts- exchange.com/Networking/Email_Groupware/Exchange_Server/Q_ 20781877.html ...

Macro to look up values in 2 different columns
Hi, I need a macro which compares the values in colA and colC of sheet 1 to column D and column E of sheet 2, if both the value match, then it copies the contents from sheet2 col F,G and H into sheet1 colC,D and F. Please advise. Thanks Sub CompareThis() For iRow = 1 to 1000 If Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 1).Value = Sheets("Sheet2").cells (iRow, 4).Value And _ Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 3).Value = Sheets("Sheet2").cells(iRow, 5).Value Then Sheets("Sheet1").cells(iRow, 3).Value = Sheets("Sheet2").cells(iRow, ...

2 Exchange Servers in the Same Domain
Microsoft Outlook SignatureHi, Please help as I'm new to Exchange.... I have 2 Windows 2003 Servers both with Exchange 2003 installed in the same domain, @ two different physical locations connected via a gateway to gateway VPN. If I have user on Server A, he can create a email in the gobal address list and send it without error to a user on Server B but it never arrives @ the server B's inbox? Is there a way to track it? K.J.B. You can enable message tracking... http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/The_Exchange_Message_Tracking_Center_or_How_to_Save_Your_A_in_a_Pinch.html CA...

Debt Planner in Cash Flow #2
I apologize if I've asked this before, but no one responded. My debt planner appears appropriately as "debt" in the budget. However, for some reason the upcoming bills do not appear in the Cash Flow, which throws everything off and I end up having a much larger account balance projected in the future. Any reason why these credit card bills are not included in the Cash Flow? I realize that the money was "spent" at the time of the credit card purchase, but paying the bills certainly effects my cash flow. Any way to get the bills back in the Cash Flow? (they ...

SMTP problem #2
Using Windows XP Pro SP1, and Outlook 2002 on 2 pc's we have the following problem: PC1 has email accounts A & B, connection by LAN, sends & receiev's OK PC2 also has the same email accounts A & B, connection by the same LAN to the same mail server, for Pop3 & smtp, as PC1 able to send OK by prompts for user name & password for both A&B smtp mail boxes. The obvious inital thought is that user names & passwords were incorrect but these have re-entered & double checked and are identical to settings on PC1. We are unable to identify any outlook ema...

Default workbook #2
Hi. I want to modify the style of new workbooks. To this end, I have modified the "workbook.xltx" file under: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\XLSTART Now when I open Excel, the blank workbook correctly looks like my modifed default... however, my modified default is not used in the following scenarios: 1) I right click on my desktop and create a new Excel workbook. 2) Within Excel, I select "New" and "Blank workbook". Any idea if I can set the deafult workbook for these scenarios? Thanks, Jim jmfoxjr@cox.net Not using 2007 but in 2003..........

to CONCATENATE from the smallest date with at least 2 criteria
Dear All, Here is the sample database. Date Salesman Region 16-Aug-08 A N 16-Aug-09 B E 16-June-07 C S 15-Aug-07 A S 15-Apr-07 B E 4-Sep-07 D N 4-May-07 E N 6-Sep-07 A N 3-Oct-07 B W 24-Sep-07 E E i would like to concatenate for Salesman B and Region E(east) in A1, so the result will be "15-Apr-07,16-Aug-09"... which formula can s...

how do i calculate 2' x 4' x 4"
How do I calculate cubic feet in excel? I need to be able to do it two ways. With all feet or with feet and inches. example... 2' x 4' x 3' or 2' x 4' x 1'-5" or 2' x 4' x 4". I have a construction master IV calculator that will give me both answers in cubic feet. 2'x4'x3'= 24cubic feet or 2'x4'x1'-5"=11.33333 cu ft or 2'x4'x4"=2.6667 cu ft. I have excel 2003 is it possible to do this and if not why these are basic math. Also don't see any formulas that are geared towards the construction in...

FRX help #2
I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the month by G/L code, it would show me. If so, how would you do it. Any help would be appreciated thanks Barb Can get everything except the GL code through a smart list : Payables Transactions Search Doc type = payment Doc Date between... Vendor ID = But getting to the GL account is beyond me (newbie) "BK" wrote: > I was wondering if there was any way to run a report in Frx by vendor name. > So if I wanted to see what I paid ABC Company for the...

Unable to Update Free/Busy #2
Outlook 2002 / XP I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find the solution. Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.' Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, tried to Google it, various web sites, and this ng history but the solutions I have found do not help. These include using the ClearFreeBusy switch when opening Outlook (on opening, I get the error) Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks) I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance This problem did not occur unt...

Help with graph
Hello, I am having trouble representing this data in a graph Column A = 17 Items Column B = September Reported Column C = September Actual Column D = October Reported Column E = October Actual .... to the end of the year I want to show each item with the numbers reported in contrast to the acutal. I can't get it into a format that is easily represented in a graph. Am I arranging my data incorrectly? What kind of graph should I use? Hi, You could create a (say Bar) chart from your data by selecting B1 and D1 (select B1, CTRL-click D1) and Insert Chart. On the Series tab, add a Series...

access to attachments #2
When I receive an attachment of any kind I am unable to open it. It says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" How can this be overcome? Look in the Security Options (Menu: Tools/Options) for how our OE is configured to handle attachments. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms jb wrote: > When I receive an attachment of any kind I am unable to > open it. It says "OE removed access to the following > unsafe attachments in your mail" > > How can this be overcome? ...