Help: Macro that runs various if statements, inserting rows etc

I am a newcomer to Macros and excel programming and was hoping someone
could assist / provide the code to do the following:

I have a +50,000 line spreadsheet, that needs to be formatted. Given
the size I would like to automate this. There are 3 key formatting
changes required and detailed below:

n = 1
1. If Cell A(n) not equal Cell A(n+1) then
     insert a new row below A(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=1, make
Cell G(insertedrow)=A(n+1), make Cell H(insertedrow)=B(n+1)
2. If Cell C(n) not equal Cell C(n+1) then
     insert a new row below C(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=2, make
Cell G(insertedrow)=concatenate(A(n+1),C9(n+1)), make Cell
H(insertedrow)=C(n+1)
3. If Cell E(n) not equal Cell E(n+1) then
     insert a new row below E(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=3, make
Cell G(insertedrow)=concatenate(A(n+1),C9(n+1),LEFT(E(n+1),3)), make
Cell H(insertedrow)=E(n+1)
n=n+1
back to top and repeat until finished

Hope this makes some sense.

Thanks in advance
0
darryllas (1)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Excel Macro to delete rows
Hello, I have an excel Sheet in which I have a blank row below the cell which contains "<<<Mem>>>". I vave some random data and multiple such cells. Can I get some help with the excel macros for the same? Harsh Assuming "Mem" is in column E: Sub DeleteRowBelowMem() For i=cells(rows.count,5).end(xlup).row to 1 step -1 if cells(i,5).value="Mem" then rows(i+1).Delete Next End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP HTH "Harsh" <cooldreamz83@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1159983014.172239.234480@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

REALLY miussing rows in Excel2000
have some big Excel spreadsheets, 50 columns by 65525 rows (but definitely not 65536), 45MByte. They are all very similar, just a few formala tweaks different On one of them, the top nine rows have become "invisible" It is possible to navigate through all the cells involved with the cursor keys- the formula bar. name box bar etc all function correctly and show cell contents etc. They are just not visible The missing rows are not hidden The missing rows are not filtered The missing rows have a standard row height The missing rows are not locked If I move the cursor from row 10 towa...

Import data using macro
Hi, how do you use excel to import a text file using a macro to do the work for you? I start by creating a new workbook. Then turn on the macro recorder and open that text file. (Try not to make errors--it can make clean up troublesome.) Then format the worksheet (headers/footers/page layout/filters,freeze panes) exactly the way you want. When you're done, turn off the macro recorder. Close the imported file and back to your other workbook. Insert a giant button from the forms toolbar on the first worksheet (with instructions). Then save it. Now go into the vbe and start tweakin...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Does HQ run better on XP or Win Server 2003?
I'm running HQ on a win2000 machine. I would like to upgrade. Does it run better in XP or Win Server 2003? Is it certified for Win Server 2003? HQ will run fine on either. Remember that there are many components to "HQ" - Server, Client, Manager and a database - you may want to split those functions across several systems. We normally recommend a full version of SQL Server rather than MSDE for HQ Environments, and that requires a Server OS - consider Small Business Server Premier which includes SQL Server as well as Win 2K3 Sever and some of the other MS Back Office s...

Macro Help

help me #2

Program a macro to print
I have an employee expense report that contains employee information in the first five rows. The rows 6 through 30 are blank and for the employee to fill in (or add additional rows if necessary) with a list of their expenses. In rows 31 - 37, there is information that the employee acknowledges that the expenses listed in the rows are true and incurred on behalf of his/her job duties. I have a macro that automatically prints this worksheet. If the employee doesn't have enough expenses to fill all the rows between 6 and 30, I would like to create a routine in my macro...

Opening a file with a Macro
To open files with a macro, I am currently using: Workbooks.Open Filename:= "C:\file_path.xls" How can I use a variable as part of the file path? In other words, before I try to open the file in my VBA code I will set a variable (let's call it date_extension). Then I want to open a file that I know will exist with a file path whose final characters before the .xls will be the date_extension. How can I get the file path to be recognized with the variable? Thanks for your help (P.S. I am a total novice, so I may not be familiar with commands or procedures that are fair...

Query to Count "0" in Row
I am trying to create an expression in a query that says if CONTRIBUTION BEGIN year is less then 2006 and the AUTE2 = 00/00/00 then count the number of "0" in the rown and multiply that by 58. This is what I had thought up so far, but I know it isn't right. CONTRIBUTION DUE: IIF([CONTRIBUTION BEGIN], 'yyyy' <2006, AND AUTE2 = 00/00/00, Count "0" And Multiply by 58 Any input is greatly appreciated. -Anthony Morano What kind of data type is being stored in your [AUTE2] field? If that is supposed to be a date, I don't think Access considers #00/00/00...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

inserting a video
A few weeks ago I found a thread which talked about inserting a video by clicking on object and then clicking on media player and putting in the url. It worked great but I have been working on other things and didn't get back to it until now and I am obviously missing a step because it is not working and I can't find the instructions again. I click on insert, object, media player and then put in the url but nothing happens - what am I missing - i'm desperate. I have also tried different video clips and changing the name on the clips to something shorter. By the way w...