Help comparing 2 columns..

I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel document
should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample).

Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in Excel,
so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming.

example:

Coloumn 1

Coloumn 2

CHR1 (2)

Sample:
With Range  A1:A4 named "Rge1"  ' equal to your Column 1 data.
and with your existing data in Column 2 - Cells B1:B5
In cell C1 enter:
 =IF(COUNTIF(Rge1,B1),"",B1)
and copy down.
Column C should reflect any missing items in Col 1 that are in Col 2.
HTH

"CHR" <CHR@mail.Sonofon.DK> wrote in message
> I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel
document
> should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample).
>
> Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in
Excel,
> so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming.
>
> example:
>
> Coloumn 1
> 2211
> 5510
> 2210
> 9952
>
> Coloumn 2
> 2211
> 5510
> 3310
> 2210
> 9952

0
jmay (695)
10/29/2003 11:49:46 AM
Thanks - It works perfekt after some modifications to my danish version of
Excel :-)

Thanks again.

After a test I did as follow:
=IF(COUNTIF(A$1:A$5;B1);"XXX";B1)

JMay <jmay@cox.net> wrote in article <8QNnb.3376$Re.89@lakeread06>...
> Sample:
> With Range  A1:A4 named "Rge1"  ' equal to your Column 1 data.
> and with your existing data in Column 2 - Cells B1:B5
> In cell C1 enter:
>  =IF(COUNTIF(Rge1,B1),"",B1)
> and copy down.
> Column C should reflect any missing items in Col 1 that are in Col 2.
> HTH
>
> "CHR" <CHR@mail.Sonofon.DK> wrote in message
> > I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel
> document
> > should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample).
> >
> > Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in
> Excel,
> > so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming.
> >
> > example:
> >
> > Coloumn 1
> > 2211
> > 5510
> > 2210
> > 9952
> >
> > Coloumn 2
> > 2211
> > 5510
> > 3310
> > 2210
> > 9952

0
CHR1 (2)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Moving Row Data to Column/Row Groups
First off...great forum with super smart participants. Hopefully, I ca tap into some of this brain power!! :) I have received an Excel emai spreadsheet containing hundreds of names and corresponding emai addresses. Problem is the data runs on one line from A1 to GB1. Fo example, A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1, etc (name 1)(email 1)(name 2)(email 2)(name 3)(email 3) etc. I need to break the data to a two column format with the first colum containing the name and the second column containing the emai address...then dropping down to the next row and listing the next set then the next and so on. The good ne...

sequence numbers #2
how i can put sequence number after applying filter. if anyone can help me on this matter, i'll be very thankful. If your list begins in cell A1.... Insert a column and put SEQ in the "new" cell A1. Then put this formula in Cell A2 and copy down: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) Now filter your list. That formula will count the number of non-blank, visible cells. Note the dollar sign in the formula. Cell A3 will count the non-blank, visible cells from A2:A3. Cell A5 will count them from A2:A5, etc. Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "Ashley" wrote: > how i can put se...

exch 5.5 help

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

#REF #2
I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the cells display #REF, instead of the formula value. Any ideas on how to resolve this would beappreciated. Thanks. Barry You may be missing an add-in such as the Analysis ToolPak Navigate: Tools,Addin "Barry" wrote: > I am using Excell 2002 at the office. I have a problem viewing a spreadsheet > that a coworker sent me, which she prepared in Excell 2000. Some of the > cells display #REF, instead of the formula valu...

Reg hiding such parameters in the properties of the mail #2
hi , I am using the outlook 2003 client for sending the email. when it reaches the destination end, the destined user is easily identifying the parameters like, from where the mail is coming like, public ip, machine name, and local ip address of the system which the mail is originated.. so i do not want to publisize such parameters to the outside world.. so how would i adjust the oulook such a way it should not take such parameters while sending the emails. i shal be thankfull if u help me on this! thanks in advance rizwan <rizwan_mk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#8ikqBqv...

help me #2

Picklist values #2
Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead entity in the account entity when the lead is converted to an account? I don't want to have to maintain two picklists just to view the value after the lead is converted. You can get only value through mapping and mapping betweent two field require some validation like both field should have same datatype so if you want to get this value you have to create same picklist in account and then you can set mapping for the same "Wendy" wrote: > Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead ent...

column width on register
Is it possible to increase the width of a column on the register to accomodate 6 to 8 numbers (i.e. 09310301)? Dale Stephens ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

Sort Macro #2
I recorded this macro to sort a list according to a custom list. The problem I have is that it does not sort on another users Excel because they don't have the same customs list. Is there a way round this problem? Sub Macro1() Columns("N:N").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("N1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=12, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal End Sub Hi! Application.AddCustomList ListArray:=Range("A1:A10") will add a custo list to a workbook using a range y...