Hello all, I need help with an erased sheet!

Here's my problem: I use an excel sheet to complete daily work at my
business, basically a balance sheet showing deposits, sales, etc.
Rather than merely using the "Blank Sheet" file for the new month of
Jan, the Dec06 file was opened, cleaned off and made ready for a new
month of work. The issue with this is that he did not rename the file
and saved the blank sheet as Dec06. The backup copy of this sheet is on
a disk that, of course, is corrupted. I've spent 6 hours using various
recovery programs and have only gotten pieces of a couple other months,
and they aren't useful at all to me.

Does Excel (the 2000 version) rewrite over the old sheet when a file is
saved, or is my original version of the spreadsheet still on the C drive
somewhere?

I appreciate your time, and thanks for any help you can give me!

--
DTS
DTS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30077

Want help in Excel
Please answer this Qustion ASAP In Microsoft Excel, Suppose in a name field i write name and in price field i write price*some constant. this constant is different for different name. i want is that this constant cannot be seen to any body but it must multiply by price with match to the name Main thing is that tis constant must recognize the name and when the name matches it will automatically multiply the price with that constant Thanks in Advance Honey Brar Hi, Let's say you have the name in cell A2, the price in B2 and you want the price to be multiplied by a constant...

Hello again!
I attempted to add the SW_HIDE and SW_SHOW to the app accordingly, however it did not hide the form/window.I am using Visual C++ .NET 2003 right now, and can someone email a project that uses the ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and ShowWindow(SW_SHOW), to my email address which is straightwaytek at homail dot com What are you trying to hide? Is it MDI or SDI? For MDI, if you want to hide the view, you will need to hide the parent frame. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "James Simpson" <straightwaytek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0d8001c39201$e5462d30$a101280a@p...

need help 10-22-07
would you please help me to fix my problem:when i want to print a text in the internet,there is always some part of it missing.some time i d'ont see or the begining or the end of the sentences.i can't print a full texte thank you so much On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:05:00 -0700, moshico9 <moshico9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >would you please help me to fix my problem:when i want to print a text in the >internet,there is always some part of it missing.some time i d'ont see or the >begining or the end of the sentences.i can't print a full texte >thank you...

System Volume Information needed
I'm running a 3GHZ Dell with 2G RAM and WINXP Pro SP2 and a Seagate 500GB external Hard Drive. I won't bother your or embarrass me by stating I that I now have a folder on my Seagate drive entitled "System Volume Information" which doesn't belong there. It has zero folders, zero files and zero bits of information in it. It has a grayed out Read Only box under properties. I've turned off System Restore for this drive, I've of course tried delete, and I've reformatted this drive twice. I can not get rid of the folder. Again, it's on my ...

"L" plate driver needs guidance
Hi all, Is it possible in a VLookup situation to extract the "second" occurance of a match rather than the first? I extract details of a first match, from a list of names/expenditure lets say a customer spent $1 now I want to find out how much the customer spent on a previous visit, other than that matched lookup. the customer / expense is in a table 61,000 records long Thank you. Hi try the array formula (entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =INDEX(B1:B60000,SMALL(IF(A1:A60000="lookup_value",ROW(A1:A60000)),2)) Note: If you really have >60K records you may consider ...

One to many help
Using Access 2003, I am not certain how to approach this. I have two tables with a one-to-many relationship. The "many" table contains countermeasures related to a single problem detailed in the "one" table. These countermeasures have a status of either 'open' or 'closed'. I want to create a notification function when ALL countermeasures are closed, but each problem will have a different number of countermeasures. How can I set up the capability via a query (?) that lets me know when all countermeasures are closed. The c/m data is input into...

Archiving Solution needed
I'm currently using Exchange 2007. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good archiving solution to "replace" using pst files? a quick search came up with this: http://www.gfi.com/mailarchiver/ "PM" wrote: > I'm currently using Exchange 2007. Does anyone have any suggestions for a > good archiving solution to "replace" using pst files? How about Journal Archiving that is provided with Exchange 2000, 2003 and 2007? http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/18/429216.aspx If you're not happy will Exchange doing it then; Third part solu...

need to have incremental number
I need to have a field where incremental number will be create base on when a e-mail will be receive. This is to make sure that each email will receive a unique number. Once that number is generated i need to be able to change it manually. Finally i need to have a addon that will help me make some king of help desk, Technical support. Microsoft <lpoulin@mobiustech.ca> wrote: > I need to have a field where incremental number will be create base > on when a e-mail will be receive. > > This is to make sure that each email will receive a unique number. > > Once th...

Golf Tee sheet.
Hi guys, Im trying to create a golf tee sheet with some usefull functions. Im having trouble working out how to do a couple of things though. Firstly I would like to change a cell colour when a checkbox is clicked (The checkbox will be clicked when the tee time has been paid for) - that will then turn another 3 cells Green. The other thing I know im going to have trouble with is... I have 2 coloumns (one is for 9 hole rounds the other is for 18 hole) basicly if anything is typed into the 18hole cell for that time slot I would like the time slot exactly 2 hours ahead to be booked with the...

Outlook Rules and general help
HI! 1. I am a beginner with MS Outlook. When I migrated from OE to OL, I checked the box to import all my rules but it did not happen. How can I get it? 2. What is the best and quick way to setup rules in OL? 3. I have IMAP account configured in OL. When I open it, it goes directly to "ibox" of personal folder but I want OL to open "inbox" of my IMAP server on startup. Can this be done? 4. Where can I get simple explaination of calendar, journal, notes & tasks. Is there any website? Thanx Maxi Maxi <mac_mahesh@hotmail.com> wrote: > 1. I am a beginner wit...

Do You Need Visitors
"Are you Frustrated by the lack of traffic coming to your site?" Let's talk face to face! The reality is, even if it's true that at this very hour there exist hundreds of millions of surfers on the Internet, it's just not true that it's easy to get them to visit YOUR web site! If I would tell you that after months of research, I just got my hands on the most hidden secrets... Pssttt, yes precisely those secrets that the wealthy web masters are using now to get their millions of hits every day. And let me tell you, it works... It's incredible to see all the ...

hello
hello, this is my first post. I have the dmeo of Microsoft retail management sofwtare and so far I like it. I run a retail store which sells all items under $2.00. we use around 40 to 50 suppliers. Basically all i want to do is be able to select a supplier from a list. see all the items they supply to we buy from that supplier. pick the items id like. place a purchase order. and when we recieve delivery recieve that purchase order and record my payment method. So far Microsft Retail Management POS has provided that for me. but the problem is for everythinbg to work i actually need to ...

Help! ESEUTIL /r (3 character logfile base name)
Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? Thank you so much! "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 "Liu222" <liu222@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<02cb01c4842f$028dbff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>... > Who knows the (3 character logfile base name) mean? > > Thank you so much! usually E00 ...

need help with creating a formula which checks more than 40 cells
Dear Heros, I am working on setting up salaries for emplyees based on new pay and grade system. the Pay and Grade system is organized to have 8 grades and each with 5 steps which means total of 40 steps and for each step there is a different salary which means 40 different salaries. The worksheet contains numbers from 1 to 40 as steps in (A1:AN1) as column headers. I would like a formula in AO2 to calculate or show the salary of a specific cell in which I put "1". (for example if i put 1 in cell (J2) it should show me 190) the salary can be 100 for step o...

Sum in Subform & Main Table #Name?- HELP!
I'm using Access 2003 and I have a subform within a subform and I keep getting #Name? Main Subform is "frmsubContractors" Other Subform is "frmsubContractors2Agree" and in the frmsubContractors2Agree I have a total currency field in the footer called "calcTotalAwardsContract" The control source of "calcTotalAwardsContract" =nz(Sum([fldawardamt]),0) which works great However when I refer to the "calcTotalAwardsContract" field in the main subform with a field named "calcTotalInitialAward" with a control source of =frm...

Version 1.2 Instalation Help
Can some one explain to me why when I upgraded to version 1.2 none of the useres have licenses associated with them and how do I go about re-associating the licenses with the users? I am doing this on a test system so I can pretty much try just about anything here. ...

Frank Kabel...need your help
I've got MSQuery setup to retrieve data from an external database. I have a macro that automatically refreshes the data when the file is open. It's very cool because I've got it setup to prompt for the parameters (e.g., beginning date, ending date) I'd like to complete the automation of this spreadsheet by telling Excel to refresh all the pivot tables in this workbook, AFTER the data is DONE being downloaded. Hi Jonathan first: you may use a different header for this kind of postings: Just stae your problem and don't address a question directly to one of the regulars....

Need help on JOIN
We are using SQL 2008 and found 2 separate Views that I would like to be JOINed into one stored procedure. I am trying to get joined data between timesheets (which identify both the worker and client) and paychecks that are one per CheckID. If I get it into 1 strored procedure then I can pass it variables for the date range and possibly the SSN. Below is the SQL View that gives me the Clients FedIDNo for all timesheets in a date range. Below that is SQL that gives me the total wages for that same date range. The common tie between them is CheckID. Any help is appreciated and...

Event ID: 8270 ,LDAP Error--Need help to fix it..
Event Type: Error (win2000 Srv+exchange2000) Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Computer: Exchange_2000_Server_Name Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded. dn: "GUID=8F37136AFCEE0B41BDD353B78F8E6067" changetype: Modify mail:USER1@Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix proxyAddresses:MS:NET/PO/User1 : CCMAIL:User1, PO at NET : SMTP:USER1@EMAIL.Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix : X400:c=US;a= ;p=Exchange_Org_Name;o=Exchange_Site_Name;s=Last_Name;g=First_Name; : smtp:USER1@MAILLIST.Domain_Name.Domain_...

Hyperlink help
I'd like to hyperlink from an index worksheet to a location in another worksheet - say, AB-2847 - and have that cell (AB-2847) appear in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Is that possible? Thanks. Warfighter Hi On index sheet enter the key information, something like "ViewCellAB2847OnSheet3"; Right-click on this cell and select Hyperlink from drop-down; Click on Bookmark button, select cell reference to sheet you want to refer to (Sheet3) and into cell reference field type AB2847; Press OK. It's not exactly what you did want - the linked cell appears in lower rig...

Help
Help: I'm trying to give other Exchange 2000 users in the office access to some of my folders, but when they choose to add other users folders, my folders don't show up in the list. I know I've done this before, where the problem was related to propagation of permissions from parent folders. Can anyone help? Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

Need to make CFileDialog synchronize filename with selected extens
We have a class that derives from CFileDialog that overrides the OnTypeChange() method to allow it to change the filename to keep it in synch with the selected extension whenever the user selects a new extension from the filter combobox. (Our filters are set to contain only one extension per filter entry.) Unfortunately, the way we are doing this seems to have been broken by the Vista style dialogue. (We were using SetControlText() to set the filename edit box to the filename with the newly selected extension, but the control ID seems to be different for the Vista style dialogue,...

hello
hello! ...

Do I need .FindFirst?
Hi, I'm having problem with the code below not going to the form as needed. When CboTech (TechA) selects JobNumber from fttswitchboard and has time running on another job and he is the tech on record 1 in the fttWorkLogHiddenOpen form, then the fttWorkLogReminder form opens to his name. If TechB selects a job from the switchboard and he has time running on record 2 in the fttWorkLogHiddenOpen form then it bypasses the fttWorkLogReminder form and opens the fGenInfoTT at the job number selected and allows him to start another job in addition to the one he already has ope...

outlook folder's permissions. Help!
I need to find out 2 things. 1. How to prevent users from changing their own folder permissions. 2. How to change user's permissions remotely? are there any utilities in exchange server 5.5 that do that? If you know the answer please reply to alex25ny@hotmail.com as soon as possible. thanks in advance. ...