Headers #3

How can I select a cell or range of cells for a header instead of an entire row or column?
0
anonymous (74717)

If you are talking about freezing the top row(s) for display
showing only some cells on the row,
Or repeating rows or columns for printing then the answer is
that you can't.
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm

If for printing you could change the color of the font for the
other cells so they don't show.

If you want something like    a dictionary reference, or a telephone
book reference showing to first entry on the page and the last
entry on a page   like     kel-mcr     then you would have to
essentially print each page in Excel separately and modify the
the header  ech time you restart the printer to print a single page.

Another way would be to create another worksheet forcing in
your own page separators and extracting  the information from
cells and placing them into inserted lines to carry the information.

If you are trying to print a cell larger than the other cells in a row
that is not possible,  you could overlay some cells with a text box.

---
HTH,

"keleag" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA20E67F-D7E2-4804-B246-A90E82C493FB@microsoft.com...
> How can I select a cell or range of cells for a header instead of an entire row or column?

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Kenmore 5055 Single Wall Vacuum Bags, Also Fits Panasonic Style C-5 Bags
List Price:$1.90 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0006OLG2G Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0006OLG2G These bags are made to fit Kenmore Canister Vacuum Cleaners using style 5055, 50557, and 50558 Bags Numbers. They are made from a single ply of paper, and do let a lot of fine dust particles through the bag. They are NOT recommended for homes with breathing issues or allergies, but are recommended for people looking for the best price on bags. They also will fit Panasonic C-5 bags. SIMILAR PRODUCTS: Apple Keyboard Kit:http://bestdealloc...

Problems with crm 3.0 e-mail router.
Hi, I´m having a problem with the crm 3.0 e-mail router service. Suddently i´ve started to have this kind of errors in the event viewer "Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ExchangeConnectorService.ExchangeSinkServiceException: Delivering message: RE: LOG_T01 CRM:00170016 in mailbox: CRM failed (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientPr...

Paste damages formula in autofilter #3
That doesn't seem to work as the paste sends a #REF into the offset o paste so the formula becomes =IF(OFFSET(#REF!,0,-1)>0,1,0) on the righ which returns the #REF error. Think solution would be easier to solve with a macro executin everytime an update occurs maybe?. There's got be a way to do it cause I have seen a worksheet where i works and I don't believe it is likely it was done with macros. (sidenote, database is a central one used to modify other worksheet using macros. Each of these worksheets uses different sets of filters The data pane on the right records subtotal...

curved text #3
I did a search, but can't seem to figure this out. Win 98SE MS Publisher 2000 I want to make a curved text for a poster in a half circle. I've tried word art, and custom shapes, but can't seem to make that text curve. If I had Corel Draw, I know that will work..that program had some different shapes that you selected and then the text just flowed to follow the shape. Any idea how to do this in MsPub 2000? Thanks darius wrote: > I did a search, but can't seem to figure this out. > > Win 98SE > MS Publisher 2000 > > I want to make a curved text for a...

Outlook Organization fields #3
Is there a default setting in outlook 2000 that can determine which organization fields are showing when you create a new directory? What I mean by "field" is the way you can organize the emails. From, To, Subject, Date Received, Sent, etc. For some reason my "From" box is missing from each new directory I create. Having to go into "Customize Current View" and create it again is going to become more and more irritating as time goes by. Does anyone know something about this? First determine what view you're using -- either go to View | Current View, or...

Header of ListView
Hi, I have a Listview control with some items within. This ListView has 3 column A,B and C. A item's are left-aligned. B and C ones are right-aligned. this, only for items... but for header i would like to have a different alignment than their respective items. for example : A, B and C header will be left-aligned so graphically it should be like that : A | B | C | -------------------------------------- Item A1 Item B1 Item C1 Item A2 Item B2 Item C2 .... So how an i do it ? Because when i modify HDITEM structure it's for the full c...

#NA #3
I have a VLOOKUP that checks the information of 2 cells against a table to determine the proper information to be displayed. It works fine except when there is not any information yet placed in the cells. The that #NA shows up when I just want it to be blank. I tried the ISNA, but I think I am doing something wrong because I am getting the Error "You Have Entered Too Many Arguments For This Function" Here is my function. What am I doing wrong? =IF(ISNA($B12<$O$12,VLOOKUP(C12,$K$14:$O$18,4,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(C12,$K$14:$O$18,5,FALSE)) It works fine if I remove the (...

HELP!! Header thats not a header
Hello All, I have a spreadsheet that when printed is 7 pages. I put a header that is from cells 1 to 6 and have set it in the page setup in the section sheets-print title - rows to repeat at top cells 1-6. This works perfect, every sheet when printed displays these rows at the top of the page. The problem is I don`t want this to print on the top of page 7. How can I make it so pages 1-6 the rows repeat on top and page 7 it doesn`t. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin M You have to print in 2 batches, first the 1-6 pages, then remove this and print the 7th page...

Trying to put a pivot table report on an existing sheet causes err #3
Thanks to Frank Kabel, I can now make great pivot tables. The problem I am having is that I want to write a macro to generate pivot tables, and I want the pivot table report to be saved on a worksheet called "Sum of Open", which is overwritten each time the macro runs. I have created the sheet named "Sum of Open" which is in the same workbook, but when i try to save it to there ('Sum of Open!'), I get an error: "Your formula contains and invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct, ...

deleted email #3
I was just curious if an email is deleted and not opened does the sender get a notice that the email is undeliverable. No because it was delivered. So, if the sender requested a delivery receipt and your mail server supports them they would have gotten one "Richard Mahan Sr" <dmachen35@home.com> wrote in message news:ujGK2wn4FHA.636@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I was just curious if an email is deleted and not opened does the sender > get a notice that the email is undeliverable. ...

Import address book #3
How do I import an address book from Netscape 6.x to Outlook Express. Netscape 6 doesn't have an "export" ...

Milliseconds in CDateTimeCtrl #3
Hi, can anybody plz let me know if there's any way we can specify milliseconds using CDateTimeCtrl control i.e; in the format 00:00:00:000 where the last '000' specify the milliseconds ... thanx a lot K ...

Header
I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the lettered columns are. I need it to be centered across 4 columns. Thanks for the help Example 1. Put the word TITLE in cell 1. 2. Highlight cells A 1 to D 1 inclusive (your 4 columns). 3. On the Home tab in the Alignment group click on the Merge and Center button. The word TITLE will now be centred acros the said 4 columns. If my comment have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Belin" wrote: > I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the...

How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset? #3
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000, n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline You have two answers in your other posting. Pete On Jul 17, 6:33 am, zencaroline <zencarol...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my > question? > > How to RANDOMLY split a whole dataset (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000, n=1000) in SPSS o...

Relay #3
Hi, I am a bit confused on relaying. I know that relay allows programs to send email through your exchange /or mail server. SO I understand if I have a client that needs to send email through something like postie or maybe it is symantec needing to send alerts then I need to add the IP for that machine to the relays in my virtual smtp properties. But I know you can do this with authentication instead of by IP, but how do you do that? In news:e2sYb0x7FHA.2152@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, GreenGoblin <none@none.com> typed: > Hi, > I am a bit confused on relaying. > I know that...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

Moving CRM 3.0 Server across Domain
Hi all, I want to move my CRM 3.0 Server Database from one domain to another domain. Is it possible? and any suggested activity flow? Thanks in advance, Yes. There is a Redeployment Tool on the server CD that is used for this. Basic steps are to do a SQL Backup/Restore, run the Redeployment wizard to sync the AD objects and then install CRM. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mani" <mani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05D409F9-52EC-43C3-BF5A-DE108143573E@microsoft.com... Hi all, I want to move my CRM 3.0 Server Database from one domain to anoth...

How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?
.... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually. Try selecting all sheets and then changing the headers, all shoul change at the same time Pau -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39467 Frank, I think you're referring to the custom header, in File - Page Setup. If all the page setup parameters (margins, rows to repeat, etc.) are to be the same...

Date in Headers and Footers
In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. Hi AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way for you? >-----Original Message----- >In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in >a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to >mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. >. > Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the Virtual Basketball Association ( :) ), I'll pass. If Microsoft isn...

Newbie needs help #3
Hope someone can help me - when I press enter it moves to the cel below, can I make it so when enter is pressed it moves to the cell o the right -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You can set this on Tools / Options / Edit tab. -- Andy. "chicksee >" <<chicksee.1aih18@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:chicksee.1aih18@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hope someone can help me - when I press enter it moves to the cell > below, can I make it so when enter is pressed it moves to the cell on > the right ? > > > --- > Message ...

Header is covered up
I imported a word document into Pub 2003. I let Publisher create the textboxes. This is a large patient handbook that we want to put into Publisher. Lots of the textboxes cover up the Header and some do not. Does this mean I will have to resize every textbox or is there another way? Is the header from Word too? Publisher does not support headers. If you are importing from Word you have no control on how Publisher places the text. If you copy/paste you can set your margin to below the Header. You will have to design the header in Publisher manually. Create your first text box, pas...

Spending Tracker #3
I have money 2006 standard; is there a way to have a transfer amount show up on the spending tracker? Probably not since they aren't really spending. Just like moving money from your left pocket to your right pocket isn't really spending. It didn't make you poorer. "baldeagle51" <baldeagle51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97679BCB-44BD-475E-9A05-E27EA153CDD7@microsoft.com... >I have money 2006 standard; is there a way to have a transfer amount show >up > on the spending tracker? I guess this is my question. Say i am trying to...

receipt format #3
when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some space between the part that show the change and where the analysis starts there is space. Why is that so, i would like to take some of that space out , is it possible what to do. Did you try changing the top and bottom margins? "Andaiye" wrote: > when i print my receipts, it prints with some extra space at the top and > bottom about an inch. it also shows the vat analysis, again there is some > space between the part tha...

PO will not close
I have a PO that I cannot close. It appears that in the POP10300 table the receipt transaction header is corrupted. Several of the columns are empty, but the line detail is there in the POP10310 table. I think because the line detail is there the GP will not allow me to close or cancel the PO. I have run checklinks against it as well as the purchasing reconcile and it doesn't seem to clean up. Any suggestions? JR, But, have you posted the receipt? If not, why don't you remove the receipt, re-enter, and post? After doing this, you should be able to close the PO. Best regar...

Publisher 2000 #3
Does anyone know why I can't get any information from the "help" tab in publisher? When I click help something comes down and I type in what I am looking for, click "search" and nothing happens. Any ideas? Will appreciate an email. Thanks. R. Wise After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Rhoda <Robud2@att.net>... > Does anyone know why I can't get any information from > the "help" tab in publisher? When I click help something > comes down and I type in what I am looking for, > click "s...