Header on First Page Excel 2000

Aloha! I would like my Header/Footer to appear on the
first page only in Excel 2000. Thanks in advance.

-Keenan

I print on only first page every time.  Go to FILE, PAGE
SETUP, SHEET tab, make sure PRINT AREA is blank.

0
toml3920 (4)
8/13/2003 10:04:24 PM
Keenan,

This macro breaks up your XL report into two print jobs and changes the
header/footer based on the values you input.  To have this set up your
headers instead of footers, just change .LeftFooter="" to .LeftHeader=""
("" in leaves it blank so put whatever you want inside the ""'s)

Just put it into a VBA project module for your workbook.  (Hit Alt+F11 to
access the VBA editor, select the workbook project and Insert|Module)

HTH

PC

Sub PrintPage1NoFooter()

    Dim PgCnt As Long
    PgCnt = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.Document(50)")

    With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
        .LeftFooter = ""
        .CenterFooter = ""
        .RightFooter = ""
    End With

    MsgBox "From the Print Preview screen select ""Close"" to continue
Without printing or ""Print"" to print the selection."
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Preview:=True

   With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
        .LeftFooter = ActiveWorkbook.Author
        .CenterFooter = "Page &P"
        .RightFooter = "&D"
    End With
    MsgBox "From the Print Preview screen select ""Close"" to end without
printing or ""Print"" to print the selection."
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=2, To:=PgCnt, Preview:=True

End Sub

"Keenan" <keenan.adcock@slcc.edu> wrote in message
> Aloha! I would like my Header/Footer to appear on the
> first page only in Excel 2000. Thanks in advance.
>
> -Keenan

0
pcorrado (50)

Header of ListView
Hi, I have a Listview control with some items within. This ListView has 3 column A,B and C. A item's are left-aligned. B and C ones are right-aligned. this, only for items... but for header i would like to have a different alignment than their respective items. for example : A, B and C header will be left-aligned so graphically it should be like that : A | B | C | -------------------------------------- Item A1 Item B1 Item C1 Item A2 Item B2 Item C2 .... So how an i do it ? Because when i modify HDITEM structure it's for the full c...

Catalog drive content into Excel sheet?
Is there a way to catalog the drive contents into an Excel sheet? I've seen this in a tip before or maybe it involves a program to perform this. My Excel add-in "List Files" does that. Files and folders in the specified folder, directory or drive are listed. Files in sub-folders are listed if requested. Specific file types or names can be listed. (*.pdf, *.wav, etc) Each file name, size, date and type go on the list. Each file name on the list is hyperlinked. All arranged in columns and rows that can be sorted. Comes with a one page install/use Word.doc file. Available ...

HELP!! Header thats not a header
Hello All, I have a spreadsheet that when printed is 7 pages. I put a header that is from cells 1 to 6 and have set it in the page setup in the section sheets-print title - rows to repeat at top cells 1-6. This works perfect, every sheet when printed displays these rows at the top of the page. The problem is I don`t want this to print on the top of page 7. How can I make it so pages 1-6 the rows repeat on top and page 7 it doesn`t. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kevin M You have to print in 2 batches, first the 1-6 pages, then remove this and print the 7th page...

Exchg 2000 to 2003 Migration
I have recently installed a new 2003 Ent edition exchange server into my 2000 exchg std edition network and moved all my mailboxes over to the new system. I followed article 307917 "How to remove the first exchange 2000 server from the site" All is done per the article but I find that if I shut down the information store on the old 2000 server that the users cannot 'Open other users folders'. Once I start this up all works fine. I would like to remove the 2000 exchg from the network but am not sure how to resolve this issue. Anyone with similar problems or a idea t...

Fire content code from master page
Is it possible to have a Menu item that is in a master page fire code that resides in the content page code-behind? For example, I have an aspx page and a aspx.vb page and would like to run code in the aspx.vb page from the master page when clicking on a MenuItem in a menu control. Thanks. -- David On Feb 8, 5:28=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: > Is it possible to have a Menu item that is in a master page fire code tha= t > resides in the content page code-behind? =A0For example, I have an aspx p= age > and a aspx.vb page and would like to run cod...

Publisher 2000 with XP Pro seem to be in conflict
We were using Publisher V 2 with win98 and also win2000 and it worked great.. Bought a DELL computer w/2.8ghz cpu w/512 RAM, using onboard video and that version takes 3 min 20 sec to create a template while my old AMD 1.0 Ghz processor with 398 megs or RAM takes 3 seconds for the same template.. Anyone tell me if it's because that version of Publisher doesnt work under xp pro? Second questions; I installed Publisher 2000 hoping it would work under XP Pro ( with PUB updates etc)from Dell and now I only get 2 color images... the background in publisher is pink and the text is purpl...

Header
I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the lettered columns are. I need it to be centered across 4 columns. Thanks for the help Example 1. Put the word TITLE in cell 1. 2. Highlight cells A 1 to D 1 inclusive (your 4 columns). 3. On the Home tab in the Alignment group click on the Merge and Center button. The word TITLE will now be centred acros the said 4 columns. If my comment have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Belin" wrote: > I am new to this Excel 2007 and don't know how to put a title where the...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

How do I change headers for all worksheets in a workbook?
.... without having to change the header on each worksheet individually. Try selecting all sheets and then changing the headers, all shoul change at the same time Pau -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39467 Frank, I think you're referring to the custom header, in File - Page Setup. If all the page setup parameters (margins, rows to repeat, etc.) are to be the same...

Auto merging Excel attachments
Hi I'm not even sure this is entirely an Excel question but anyway...every day I get emailed an Excel attachment of new data that I'm then to add to a master worksheet of all the previous emailed data. Up until now I have been opening the attachment, copying the contents and pasting into the master worksheet. Is there any way I can auto extract the contents of the attachment and consolidate into one spreadsheet, so it becomes an automated update of the master spreadsheet? Kind of like parsing an email's text into a spreadsheet, but extracting the contents of the attachment, rat...

outlook 2000 #82
When I try to launch Outlook 2000, I get this message: An OLE Registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 and still get the same message when I attempt to launch Outlook 2000. What do I need to do to correct this problem so that I can use Outlook 2000? Reinstall Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymou...

Header is covered up
I imported a word document into Pub 2003. I let Publisher create the textboxes. This is a large patient handbook that we want to put into Publisher. Lots of the textboxes cover up the Header and some do not. Does this mean I will have to resize every textbox or is there another way? Is the header from Word too? Publisher does not support headers. If you are importing from Word you have no control on how Publisher places the text. If you copy/paste you can set your margin to below the Header. You will have to design the header in Publisher manually. Create your first text box, pas...

Excel Solver Issue
I am trying to use the excel solver and am running into some issues. The solver is giving me results that I know are wrong and I cannot get it to give me the correct results. I am using it to calculate a linearity which is based off of the STDEV and AVERAGE of a group of numbers. The formula I am using is: =TRUNC(SQRT(SUM(($B$2-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$3-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$4-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$5-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$6-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2)/4),0)/AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6) This is basically the longhand version of STDEV/AVERAGE which I have found gives the actual number I am lo...

Public Folders and Permissions on Exchange 2000
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that I used to assign permissions to Public Folders by choosing distribution groups from the "Client permissions" button within Exchange System Manager. This isn't working for me anymore. Does the distribution group have to specifically be a Universal Distribution Group? Did a recent Exchange security update or other update change this? If I want to assign permissions based on groups instead of actual users, is there any other way to do this? Sorry, meant to say "Universal Security Groups", not "Universal Distribution Grou...

Posting Excel Spreadsheet on a web page.
I need to put an spreadsheet on a web page and allow users to save th entered data directly to the online sheet for others to access. Ho would I do this? Garlin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Date in Headers and Footers
In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. Hi AFAIK this would require VBA. Would this be a feasible way for you? >-----Original Message----- >In Excel Office XP, how can I change the default date in >a header and footer? The "&[Date]" command defaults to >mm/dd/yyyy. I would like something else. >. > Thanks for your help, Frank, but since it take the Virtual Basketball Association ( :) ), I'll pass. If Microsoft isn...

Excel formula ?. Help please.
I am in a number draw based on the lottery. Each member has 10 numbers and there are just over 400 members. I would like to try and set up a spreadsheet wherby I can enter a number in cell A1 and all cells which contain that number change to an X. Can it be done ?. Thanking you in anticipation. This is not exactly what you asked for, but: Say you have a long list of numbers in column C and your X-out value in cell A1. Then in cell B1 put: =IF(C1=$A$1,"X",C1) and copy down This will repeat the list in column C and "X-out" the value appearing in cell A1 -- Gary'...

Lookup Values, etracting Row header and column header.
Hi all, I have a dat matrix having 100 rows and 100 columns. The data is dynamic and keeps changing. 3500 3550 3600 3650 3700 3550 - - - - 3600 - - - - 3650 - - - - 3700 - - - - 3750 - - - - 3800 - 20 - - 3850 - - - - 3900 - - - 15 For eg: the data in row 3800 and column 3600 shows a value of 20. Is there any function by which i can extract any positive values in the data matrix such that it gives a summary in another worksheet: # Row Column Value 1 3800 3600 20 2 3900 3700 15 Note: th...

PO will not close
I have a PO that I cannot close. It appears that in the POP10300 table the receipt transaction header is corrupted. Several of the columns are empty, but the line detail is there in the POP10310 table. I think because the line detail is there the GP will not allow me to close or cancel the PO. I have run checklinks against it as well as the purchasing reconcile and it doesn't seem to clean up. Any suggestions? JR, But, have you posted the receipt? If not, why don't you remove the receipt, re-enter, and post? After doing this, you should be able to close the PO. Best regar...

Exporting from Access Form to Excel
Does anyone have any ideas to get information that is entered on a Access 2000 form exported to Excel? When data is entered on my form sheet, it goes into a query. I would like it to go right to an Excel file. Any answer or any help would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem
What is the problem? Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Thread-Topic: Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem >thread-index: AcPkT4Nm/AUXYOifThSzZVjctNmBhg== >X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.outlook >From: "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYmkgVHJpbWFyY28=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> >Subject: Outlook 2000 with Office 2003 Problem >Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:01:05 -0800 >Lines: 0 >Message-ID: <A3EC577E-3494-4F67-AFEF-464A82A2EF99@microsoft...

How do I get a page reduced to print on one page instead of tiles #2
-- Julia ...

Excel 2000 crashes when downloading from MS Template Gallery
I've been trying to download excel templates from the template gallery but excel crashes with a program error "a log will be created". The log shows a error code of c0000005 access violation. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks... Renee ...