Hi all,

Had such great advise last time, thought I'd try again.

I have a large range of cells where I will be inputing sales figures i
the form of currency revenue. The range is about G-I and 1-400. Th
sales data will be a comparisson of YTD 2001 - 2004 revenue results.

What I hope to do is have any figure that is above $30,000 appea
automatically in bold so as to stand out as a good client. I gues
there is something in the IF function to do this but I'm stumped.

Any ideas?

Thanks again in advance.

Saxte

select the range you want to format

Format -> conditional Format ... pretty easy from there....

good luck :

You can use conditional formatting.

You can find it in Help or read an article with steps about it at:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010864831033&CTT=1&Origin=EC010229831033&QueryID=dUz4NJR6k
0
anonymous (74722)

automatic copy worksheet to anotehr workbook
Every time that I open the file "temperature.xls" I would like to have the worksheet "survey" contained "raw_data.xls" copied in to the worksheet "baseline" (contained in "temperature.xls"). Both files are in the same directory. I've thought about having formulas in each cell in the target worksheet but this will not copy the formats which I would like to maintain. I think a macro can probably do this and have tried to record a macro (shown below with different file names to test): Sub Macro2() ' ' Macro2 Macro ' Macro record...

Max number in a given range
In col E I have numbers from row 1 to row 22 How do I find out the MAX(the highest) number between row 1 and 10 or row 12 and 22 Thanks Forgive me, but have you looked in the help index for MAX -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1105F6F4-D0A5-4B05-B870-EB30202B5968@microsoft.com... > In col E I have numbers from row 1 to row 22 > How do I find out the MAX(the highest) number between row 1 and 10 or row > 12 > and 22 > Thanks > MAX(the highest) num...

Non number cells #2
Hello, I'm currently using the following Macro: =============================================== Dim rng As Range Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(x1Up).Row For row_index = lastrow - 1 Step -1 If Not IsNumeric(Cells(row_index, 1).Value) Then Rows (row_index).delete End IF Next =============================================== This will remove any row when a Cell in column "A" is anyhting else than a number. What do I need to add if, after doing this first Macro, I would like to do the same thing but...

Auto Sum unknown number of rows
Im using odbc to import data from a database. Imported is a list of products in column A and then various columns containing sales figures. Because of the import from the database, I do not know how many rows of products will appear, this week we sell 500 different products, next week 550. I need to add totals to the columns directly under the last product. I've tried creating the totals in an empty template and then inserting the imported data so the total figures move down and appear at the bottom. However the imported data moves the total cells to the right instead of down. Tried ...

Case and reference numbers vs tracking with tokens
Hello, Since the lack of documentation available, I would like someone to tell me if I understand the behaviour of CRM 3.0 services from webcrm: 1. I have a 'support' mailbox with a 'system' maibox which converts my e-mails into activities. 2. When a cutomer sends an e-mail to the 'support' mailbox, it is converted in an activity by the 'system' mailbox but I can't convert it automatically to a 'case' (available with a third party extension or sdk coding with .net) .. From the open e-mail window, I select 'new -> case' and I manual...

SQL for Serial Number Import
Can someone help me with the SQL to import a list of serial numbers for a specific item in Store Operations? ...

Automatic, conditional chart creation from separate files [Excel 2007]
I have a number of separate files (Excel 2007). Each file contains several sheets with test results of a few students. The students (the same, all the time) are evaluated each month using the same test, and each month a new sheet is created for each of them. For example: Workbook 1: Worksheet A (John), Worksheet B (Jennifer), Worksheet C (Anna) Workbook 2 (a month later): Worksheet A (Jennifer), Worksheet B (John), Worksheet C (Anna) I`d like to create a separate file with charts depicting the mean results for each student. The chart would retrieve data automatically from every file s...

Not all isv.config changes appearing
I've turned on the ISVIntegration switch in web.config to "Web." I'm attempting to display a Sharepoint server page in the right-hand pane and expect to do this by adding a tab/link in the left-hand pane. I assume that this is the "Areas" section of isv.config. The problem is that even with the ISVIntegration switched on, the only indication that things are working is that I get the custom menu item that is listed in the CustomeMenus section. None of the other sections appear in the GUI. I don't see any additions to the left-hand pane or to the naviga...

Excel charts won't appear or preview. Help!
Hello, In Excell 2003 I cannot get my charts or graphs to appear or preview. I was able too at first. But I accidentally hit right click and then clear several times after having created template line chart for the first time. This subsequently one at a time removed different aspects of my chart until my chart was gone. And now i cannot get the charts to appear again. Not even a preview. Thank you in advance foe your help and advice. This problim has been solved. Thank you. ...

print number of update records through sql job
I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 millions records. I have schedule this through sqljob. I'm looking over sql example to check for update records and gives a output and quit the jobs if no update records. Thanks in advance sqlnovice (sqlnovice@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have update statement which updates column name (auditor_details) in a > churn of 5000 records at a time of auditor table which contain 3.2 > millions records. I have schedule this...

How does excel automatically covert cells when a different number.
What is your question? Please type in the body of your message, not the subject "talil" wrote: > ...

Automaticly importing data
Hello again, Here is my latest problem. I am importing data from another database into Access. As of right now i have 3 linked tables and an "Make Table Query" that i would like to run everytime Access starts to update a table with any new information that has been added into my linked tables. Does anyone know how i can do this, or if it is even possible? If its not pushing it is there anyway i can get Access to update my table every 15-20 minutes? Once again thanks in advance for your help! IF you need any clarification i check this all the time so i'll get back to you ...

Making contacts appear in the global address list
Hi, I have SBS Pro including exchange 2003. I cannot figure out why I cannot get Contacts to appear in my global address list. I have a number of email addresses that would be really useful to everyone in the organisation (Courier email address etc). I have set up all of these addresses as Contacts in Active Directory under MYSERVER.local - Contacts - . I have also checked the filter for my Global Address List and it should include contacts. However none of these contacts will show. I have been struggling with this for some time now so the server has had plenty of time to replicate the chang...

serial numbers on labels #2
Many of my items have serial numbers. To recieve these items on a PO I enter in the unique serial numbers. When I try to make labels, the serial numbers do not appear. Have they fixed this glitch yet? you can get them to print on the labels, but it must be done with a certain work flow. The exact method escapes me. Try printing from a PO, try printing using the wizard, etc... "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f6f01c50fa3$9afa54b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Many of my items have serial numbers. > To recieve these items on a PO I enter...

How can I delete a space/character from a number of fields?
I have a column that has hyphenated numbers (XX-XX-XX-XXX-XXXX) and I need to get rid of the hyphens. They are all in the same format so I think if I could write code to del the 3rd, 6th, 9th, etc characters from a cell, it would work. I just can't seem to figure the code out. or is there an easier way? Thx. Why not just select the all the cells and use Excel's Edit/Replace to replace the hyphens with the empty string (put a hyphen in the "Find what" field and leave the "Replace with" field empty)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "BABs" &...

Picture numbering past 65536?
I am using an excel spreadsheet as a template for webpages. For each page I insert 5 pictures which I create elsewhere. As each picture is inserted, Excel gives it a number. When you select the graphic you see the number in the Name box. The problem I have is that when the number of Pictures gets to 65536, VBA gives an error message when trying to insert the next picture. The excel file keeps a running total of the pictures inserted over time i.e. it doesn't go back to zero when you close the file. Does anyone know how to set this back to zero? Post your VBA code so we can see ...

Automatically track appointments form Outlook to CRM 3.0
With the sync add-on in Outlook, the 'Track item' is default set on when creating a new E-mail message. All other items, like appointments, are all set off by default. A user has to take action and click on every new appointment when he wants to sync it with CRM. Not handy and a big chance to miss appointments. Does anybody knows how to set the Track-button 'on' by default when creating a new appointment/task etc.? THX! The product out of the box does not support this. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this issue in a future service pack or release. An Issue ha...

Automatic Axis Titles in Excel 2007
Hello there, I need to make charts in excel 2007, nothing that fancy. If I have 2 columns of data...with the first row being the Axis Titles, How do I make it so that the rows automatically become the axis titles. But even before that, is there a way to make a Scatter plot, with axis titles shown to be my default chart type? I know this kind of highlighting and "charting" used to exist...why all the run around now? I know, this seems rediculously simple. but it seems to be so simple that 2007 has completely overlooked it. Where did the wizard go?../sigh Excel doesn'...

Trailing "-" for Neg Number
I am trying to easily convert a string into a number. The string uses a trailing "-" to indicate a negitive number. What I currently have is: Dim MyNum as Single Dim RawNum as String RawNum = "The value we need is 654,169- and it is neg." MyNum = Val(Mid(RawNum, 21, 8)) * IIf(Mid(RawRec, 29, 1) = "-", -1, 1) My concern is that if a number on the report gets off by just one digit, my code falls apart. Is there a better way to deal with this? -- Thanks in advance! **John** John wrote: >I am trying to easily convert a string into a nu...

Automatic DL of transactions in wrong currency!
Hi, I usually download my transactions from my bank from the bank's website. However, lately, MS Money seems to have been going out and downloading the transactions itself, which is the first strange thing. Also when the transactions are downloaded, they show up in my account details page in US currency (all the transactions in fact should be in Canadian currency). Q.) How can I stop this automatic downloading? I can't find it anywhere in the options. Thanks to anyone who can help, Melanie ...

use port number for the sql server? while installing CRM 3.0
when installing Microsoft CRM 3.0, can we use port number for the sql server? Responded to on the CRM Deployment forum. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "Amit - Techtrends" wrote: > when installing Microsoft CRM 3.0, > can we use port number for the sql server? ...

want to find duplicate Phone numbers when typed in excel 2003
I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Let's assume this is your data: A1: 12345 A2: 54321 A3: 12345 Which cell(s) should be highlighted? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "trvlpal" <trvlpal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C707764-79F0-4ECB-BF57-661289BB59D6@microsoft.com... >I create a column and when i put a phone number in I want to have it > indivcate if its a duplicate perferrable in red Using column "A", place this formula in "conditional formatt...

Paste nagative number
Has anyone had a problem cut and paste data from AS400 to excel 2000 sp3 and nagative numbers not showing up? Hi how are the displayed in Excel (with a trailing minus -> if yes use 'Data - Text to Columns) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany psturm wrote: > Has anyone had a problem cut and paste data from AS400 to excel 2000 > sp3 and nagative numbers not showing up? That part of DTTC was introduced in excel 2002, he can use a macro like Sub Conv_Trail_Minus() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Selection.Cells.SpecialCells( _ xlCellTypeConst...

Font size changing automatically
Hi, I have a user who is having an issue with the font size changing automatically as she enters data in Excel and Word. I have found articles that show the Word hotkeys Shift+Ctrl+ > or < to increase/decrease font, but have found nothing about Excel. Does anyone know of a hotkey that would do that in Excel? I'm trying to narrow this down, and certainly would believe user error, but even Shft+Ctrl+> or < is a hard one to swallow, (since you don't need Shift to type a period or comma). Has anyone else heard of this problem? Thanks for any suggestions. We ...