Have different row heights between columns

What do you have to do to have different row heights at different places in a
spread sheet. Can you have adjacent columns with different row heights?
0
Reinhold (2)

AFAIK, it cant be done

Hi
not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

reinhold wrote:
> What do you have to do to have different row heights at different
> places in a spread sheet. Can you have adjacent columns with
> different row heights?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/3/2004 6:40:20 AM
You could merge cells to give the appearance of different rowheights.

Merge A1:A3 and it'll look like A1 is the same height as rows 1:3.

But merged cells can cause problems of their own.  Excel has learned how to
treat merged cells better with each new version.

reinhold wrote:

> What do you have to do to have different row heights at different places in a
> spread sheet. Can you have adjacent columns with different row heights?

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Crosstab Query Column Question
Hello! I am currently in the process of trying to work with a crosstab query in MS Access. In the rows, I have a list of names, and in the columns, I have dates. I would like the dates to be formatted as follows: (First column for names) Second column: Fiscal Year 2005 (July 2004 results - June 2005 results) Third column: Fiscal Year 2006 (July 2005 results - June 2006 results) Fourth Column: July 2006 Fifth Column: August 2006 Sixth Column: September 2006 ((and so on...)) Is there any way to do this? I would like to import this information into a report. Thank you! Do believe...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Create a check box for each row
I am trying to create an issues list in excel, and I want to add a check box in the field as the issue is resolved. Hi Nicholas, Install by rightclick on sheettab then view code then insert the following: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _ Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Target.row = 1 Then Exit Sub 'row 1 s/b column titles If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub If UCase(Target.Value) = "P" Then Target.Value = "" Else Target.Value = "P" End If End Sub Format the entire column with Symbol Font ...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Rows().AutoFit starts a calculation, but Columns().AutoFit doesn't
This example copied from the help of the WorkSheet.Calculate event works well: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Columns("A:F").AutoFit End Sub But it loops forever when I replace it with: Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() Rows("10:20").AutoFit End Sub It looks like resizing the rows (even rows outside the UsedRange) causes the volatile functions to be calculated, while resizing the columns doesn't. Does it make sense? How can I resize the rows after a calculation? Thanks, Stefano Hi, I can't replicate your problem but this should ...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Macro to coppy cells to certain rows depending on value in cell
I want his macro to after it have inserted the colmns and added the formula to 1. copy range A1 to E1 to every row where the word "Header" is in colmn F. 2. Then copy paste the whole sheet as values. 3. Then the range now standing left of "header" must be copied to the empy cells beneath each heading. For example a b c d e f 1)12/12/2005 F001 SAO3 1 CCE Header 2) Detail ...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

How to lookup rows and sun totals?
i would like to lookup rows of data from a sheet and display the totals to another sheet of matching data. the data would look something like this: code name ref H:M A Fred 0001 10.00 11.40 01:40 B Fred 0001 11.40 12.10 00:30 A Joe 0002 10.00 12.30 02:30 B Joe 0002 15.45 16.15 00:30 G Tom 0003 10.25 12.25 02:00 G James 004 10.15 12.15 02:00 B James 004 12.15 12.45 00:30 A Stephen 123 09.40 10.55 01:15 A Sam 5544 10.10 11.00 00:50 B Sam 5544 09.4...

Show/Hide Column and Row Headers
Hello, ive got difficulty how to show the column and row headers in Excel worksheets, can anyone help me? tnx! -- graz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ graz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471335 Good morning Graz Try Tools > Options > Row & Column Headers (under the View tab). HTH DominicB -- dominicb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dominicb's Profile: http://www.exce...

Different shape width in different views in Excel 2007??
In Excel 2007, I create a shape in "Normal" view and set its width to any value (e.g. to 15cm). Now I change to "Page Layout" view and guess what... the width now shows up as something more than 16cm??! (The width property as points in VBA changes accordingly.) Switching to "Page Break View" will result in one more different width value. Is this "just" a big bug in Excel 2007 or did I miss something?? I know that the selected default printer or the chosen zoom factor may have an influence on the shown size of a shape, but these discrepancies are ...

appointment prints different time
Hi, My client uses a french CRM with date format dd/mm/yyyy. when he creates an appointment with the SFO client from e.g. 11 o'clock until 16 o'clock it is saved like correctly. but when he prints it out, the starttime is 8 o'clock and end time 13 o'clock. it is like that for every appointment. it always prints out 3 hours earlier. Anybody had this too? Thanx Cypress, You can check if both the server and the user are in the same time zone. Server: Open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Client: On the laptop open Control Panel, Date and Time, Timezone Open CRM vi...

Different Columns on different pages
Hi - think this will be easily resolved but I am stuck! In publisher 2000 how do you create a multipaged, two page spread that has different columns on some pages. I keep bringing myself back to "ignore background" and trying to use "arrange" - "layout Guides" - but this isnt right. Am I thinking too deep? Is the whole point that the layout guides are simply guides and stay the same thorugh the whole document regardless.... you just use ruler guides to make the changes through the different pages? Any idea's? Thanks Julia ...

show sereral columns of data field in pivot table
In pivot table, data column. I would like to show several columns of data. Please instruct me how to do it? This may help you...if not reply and we'll try something else http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/ha010346321033.aspx "Linda" wrote: > In pivot table, data column. I would like to show several columns of data. > Please instruct me how to do it? To arrange the data fields horizontally, drag the Data field button onto the cell that contains the word Total, as shown here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html Linda wrote: > In pivot table, dat...

Print column A on each page
is it possible to print column A on each page as the first column ?? i have the name of the person in column A then i have about 3 pages o figures and i was just wandering if there was a way to print the name first on each page. Many Thanks Ben -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Benn File | Page Setup... | Sheets tab | Columns to repeat at left: $A:$A Regards Trevor "cassy01 >" <<cassy01.12qvuz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:cassy01.12qvuz@excelforum-nospam.com... > is it possible to print column A on each page as the first column ...

Difference 05-21-04
What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? -Johnny Johnny wrote: > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > -Johnny Does it have anything to do with Outlook integration? -- - I am Johnny! Your Internet penpal. I have a scooter, how about you? "Johnny" <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:evfBJNwPEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Johnny wrote: > > > What is the difference between CRM standard and professional? > > > > -Johnny > Does it have anything to do with Outlook inte...

analysing data from alternate columns using the countif function
I want to analyse data from alternate columns using the countif function and even though clicking in the formula bar shows exactly the columns I want, the analysis picks up the columns in between too. I've solved it for the moment by changing the codes for the second data set but that seems clumsy and excel looks as though it should do the job. Any hints please? Juniper wrote: > I want to analyse data from alternate columns using the countif function and > even though clicking in the formula bar shows exactly the columns I want, the > analysis picks up the columns in betwe...

divs are different in different browsers

Compare and Merge Two different CRM Instances
We have two different CRM environments that we want to merge into one. My first step was to try and compare the different instances to see what the different were between them. I exported all of the customizations from each and performed a diff. Yuck. Since the customizations don't export the elements in the same order it looks like their are over 7,000 differences between the two files. Reality says that at best there may be 50-100. Is there any way to get these to output in the same order so that I can get a more realistic diff between them? The only other thought I have at this po...