Has anyone heard of this error?

I have a fairly large spreadsheet that contains information all the way
over into column EE.

I have grouped some of the related columns together.  However, I keep
getting a "Can't Shift Object Off Sheet" error when ever I try to group
up a particular section of data.  I have tried to ungroup and regroup
this section but keep getting the same error whenever I press the
button to hide the extra columns.  I also get the error whenever I try
to manually make the width of a column smaller.

I need to correct this error so I can group data and resize columns.
If you know how to do this, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

There is a known Excel problem in this area.

Try this MS KB article

XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ceblaser" <ceblaser.uj5ba@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a fairly large spreadsheet that contains information all the way
> over into column EE.
>
> I have grouped some of the related columns together.  However, I keep
> getting a "Can't Shift Object Off Sheet" error when ever I try to group
> up a particular section of data.  I have tried to ungroup and regroup
> this section but keep getting the same error whenever I press the
> button to hide the extra columns.  I also get the error whenever I try
> to manually make the width of a column smaller.
>
> I need to correct this error so I can group data and resize columns.
> If you know how to do this, I would appreciate your help.
>

> Thanks.

bob.phillips (411)
9/29/2003 6:46:05 PM
I'm not sure if this applies to your situation, but
whenever I received that error it was because there was
data on the right-most column (maybe a space, or whatnot).

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

>.

0
js
9/29/2003 6:46:48 PM
You may have something in a column or row that is preventing the expansion.
Delete all unneeded rows and all columns and SAVE the workbook. Try again.

"ceblaser" <ceblaser.uj5ba@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have a fairly large spreadsheet that contains information all the way
> over into column EE.
>
> I have grouped some of the related columns together.  However, I keep
> getting a "Can't Shift Object Off Sheet" error when ever I try to group
> up a particular section of data.  I have tried to ungroup and regroup
> this section but keep getting the same error whenever I press the
> button to hide the extra columns.  I also get the error whenever I try
> to manually make the width of a column smaller.
>
> I need to correct this error so I can group data and resize columns.
> If you know how to do this, I would appreciate your help.
>

> Thanks.

Don

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++
Hi, For quite long now I've been trying to get the Crypto++ ([url]www.cryptopp.com[/url]) library working with a simple MFC Dialog Based application. The strange thing is that a Win32 console application links and works fine with the same settings :-| Here are the errors I'm getting: > > --------------------Configuration: dialog - Win32 > Debug-------------------- > Linking... > LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol ""public: __thiscall > std::ios_base::Init::Init(void)" (??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ)" > imported > LINK : warni...

error: cannot empty the Clipboard
I am copying a lot of information, bit by bit, to Print Shop Deluxe 21, but am now receiving the error: "cannot empty the Clipboard". I tried going to the Edit menu and deleting any items in the clipboard but there are none there. I am unable to copy at this time. Any suggestions???? jane ...

Reoprt Error 403:forbidden
The message that appears when I want to the reports is: MIcrosft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application The request faild with HTTP status 403: Forbidden Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request.Please review the stack trace for more information about the... Exception Details: System.Net>Webexception: Yhe Request failed with HTTP status 403: Forbidden I installed CRM 3.0 on the same server with SQL Server 2005 and windows small business server 2003 sp1 standard edition, plus .net framework 2.0 Hope Yo...

anyone knows
presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open fro file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for open. Lef side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific locatio such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc. I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach there fast. How I can do? thanks in advance. S Kara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use the Places COM add-in from Microsoft: INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download http:...

Error when accessing HQ manager
my customer gets this error trying to access hq manager: Invalid object name '#Temp'. SELECT * FROM #Temp WHERE [Status] IN (0,1,2,3,4) I tried a solution provide in a KB article that addressed the problem for 1.2 and 1.3, but it did not seem to work for him. Please advise. I have that error too....but..I don't know if there are fix for that... the only thing working was .... type your user id and password....pause for 30 secs then press Enter. Good Luck "Retail Labs Tech" wrote: > my customer gets this error trying to access hq manager: > Invalid obje...

Error 336
Hi, When trying to do anything in Excel 2000 (ie. Copy a cell) the following Error occurs "Microsoft Visual Basic Component not correctly registered" The "Help"option tells me ActiveX component not correctly registered (Error 336) Specifics: The ActiveX component has not been properly registered in the system registry. Have run a repair on Excel, but that did not fix the issue. Anyb Ideas? ...

Printing Error
Tried printing an address list and received the following eror message: PCL XL error Subsystem: TEXT Error: Illegal Character Data Operator: ReadChar Position: 62 Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be appreciated. thanks. BC <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Tried printing an address list and received the following > eror message: > PCL XL error > Subsystem: TEXT > Error: Illegal Character Data > Operator: ReadChar > Position: 62 > Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be > appreciated. thanks. Sounds like a print driver iss...

Provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 & error 53?????????????
Problem: How can I access SQL server on WAN???????????????????????????????? ----------------------------------------------------------- Error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 53) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Information: Windows Sever 2008 (64bit OS) Service Pack 2 Microsoft SQL 2008 Server Management Studio (10.0)(64bit) Microsoft .Net Frame work 3.5 SP1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Additional Inform...

Password error
Hi, trying to open an Excel 2002 file. forgot the password. I used the Microsoft Advance Cryptographic provider. Can anyone give me a clue,,,,what to do??? ...

Excel 2007 Error saving file & error loading dll
To begin, please note that I am a novice Excel user. I cobbled together a template with macros with much help and advice from others. We were using Excel 2000 and the template was working fine. Have now upgraded to 2007 and some users of the template are getting errors when trying to update a previously saved file. I believe I am in over my head in trying to solve this, any help given in SIMPLE terms would be greatly appreciated. Here is the scenario. 1. My computer, on which the template was created, has no problems whatsoever. 2. The template is stored on a network drive where others ...

Anyone?
Anyone? In news:1121087669.975314.186420@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Zack Schneeberger <schneebie1@**** > typed: > Anyone? Yes? ...

Error (0x8004010F)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5A4A5.1C1A1E40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The = operation failed. An object could not be found.' I get the above error in Outlook only when performing a send and receive = using RPC over HTTPS. It appears that it is the download of the address = book that triggers this error. All other information transfers without = issue. I can download the address book withou...

Outloook error
Out of the blue, I am now getting the following error message every time I shut down Outlook, Win XP. (No changes have been made.) "The instruction at "0x74706b41" referenced memory at "0x74706b41". The memory could not be "read". Clock OK to terminate the program. What in the hell does this mean??? Please reply to thar @ mindspring dot com. Thanks ahead of time!! ...

Enter Parameter Value Error
The following code opens a popup "Frm_LUComplianceHistory" form from a Subform "Frm_LOCAct". stLinkCriteria1 matches account number fields in both of these forms This works fine. Then stLinkCriteria2 is supposed to match product category fields in the main form (LOC_Maintenance.txt_GrpProdCat) and the popup form (Frm_LUComplianceHistory.Product). However, when I doubleclick on cbo_LOCAct_AccountNo, I get an "Enter Parameter Value" dialog box with the product category that it should be filtering on above the text box. If I type in the product category ...

Project : error PRJ0050: Failed to register output.
Im currently refactoring an MFC application to an MFC DLL. What reasons would stop regsvr32 registering the DLL? It gives the following hint "Please ensure you have the appropriate permissions to modify the registry." Which I can assure you I do have. My hunch is it is something to do with some global data that may be being created etc - which was fine in an exe but now not in a DLL ? Are there some definate do's/dont's when using a DLL vs an EXE ? Has anybody had this type of problem before? Im just having to eliminate lots of code to try and find the culprit? &qu...

OL03 and network errors quesiton
Is it possible to set OL to be silent in the presence of network errors (and just retry until it works), rather than bringing up the "send/receive progress" and/or the "enter network password" dialogs? As it is, it's not only annoying, but OL halts processing on all inboxes (causing the server-side to fill-up) until the dialogs are manually dismissed, assuming the computer is even attended. thanks, mike Mike <vimakefile@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is it possible to set OL to be silent in the presence of network > errors (and just retry until it works), r...

CRM Outlook Offline error
Hi All, I am not able to go offline in CRM outlook client. When I try to hit "GO OFFLINE" Error: "The Specified domain does not exist or not found." I checked connectivity between CRM server and the client machine. I checked connectivity between SQL server and the client machine. Browser mode is working well on client machine. Please help..... Thanks in Advance Gopinath I called up Microsoft got this issue resolved. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=834859. Thanks Gopinath "Gopinath" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am not able to go offline in ...

Anyone know what a
stick graph is? Is it similar to a candlestick graph? Kids have to do one for homework and nobody seems to know what it is! Rob Graham Hi Rob, Is it possibly a xy scatter where the points are not connected to each other but with the x axis. Looks sort of like a column chart with very thin bars. Where the x axis is a value axis and not the usual category type. If so plot your x and y values as a normal scatter chart , points only. The add negative Y error bars to the series. Use custom values and select the y values. This should then drop vertical lines to the x axis. Rob Graham wrote...

Anyone?
I am making a list of names that I will be ranking and need to be able to move them up and down the list frenquently in a timely mannor. How do I create a list that I can click on a name then drag and drop it into another spot on the list, as aposed to cutting and inserting? ...

Error when creating new SKU's in RMS, Row cannot be located for u
Uow cannot be located for updating. Some values may have changes since it was last read. The error can be created by creating a new SKU in RMS. As soon as you hit the "OK" the error occurs. New item is created and no data is lost however. All systems are 2.0.0120 and database has be reindexed. -- Robert Poage Ashford Hobby. robert@ashfordhobby.com are you using any addins? -- Kaibin RMS Support Team Ridge, Inc. http://www.ridgeinc.com.cn "Ashford Hobby" <robert@ashfordhobby.com> wrote in message news:6A2E727E-E56D-4CD7-9725-7A66F3F2713D@microsoft.com....

Error: 514: Transfer Palm to Windows
I have an excel spreadsheet which I have on my Palm Pilot which was placed there by documents to go. One day my spreadsheet on my palm tol me an error 514 message, and just froze, found out it could be insufficent space on my palm. There is no macros, but was a password needed to change data within the palm. I transfered it back and when open it in word i get an error message: EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module MSO9.DLL at 0167:308d0b99. Registers: EAX=00629c74 CS=0167 EIP=308d0b99 EFLGS=00010212 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=00628684 EBP=0062868c ECX=00000002 DS=016f ESI=0000000...

OFXIE12152 error
I'm getting this error in connecting to Fidelity Investments. What causes this? Anything I can do to fix this? -- Aloke ---- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com In microsoft.public.money, Aloke Prasad wrote: >I'm getting this error in connecting to Fidelity Investments. > >What causes this? Anything I can do to fix this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263672&Product=mny says ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE However I can't tell you what that means. I can download from Fidelity. If the problem continues...

Has anyone been able to write an if/then formula in excell?
Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, then B35=10/21/04) Hi in cell B35 enter =IF(A5=21,DATE(2004,10,21),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KirkF" <KirkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E5F75BB-F4F3-4853-97A5-7FEB7AC4C8CB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, > then B35=10/21/04) No. You can't write a formula that will affect another cell. You' need to use VBA code for that -- firefyt ----------------------------...

Attachments give errors when trying to Add:
Following error comes up when I try to add attachment, The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access. I'm having this same problem... were you able to find a solution? "Vignir" wrote: > Following error comes up when I try to add attachment, > > The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because > an invalid method (HTTP verb) was used to attempt access. > ...

ADC setup error
I am trying to setup ADC from the Exchange 2003 SP1 CD on a windows 2000 server. This server is not a DC, just a server I built for ADC during the migration. When I run setup I get an error message that says " Setup was unable to contact the server. Please ensure that this server is operational." I searched google for this and I cannot seem to find anything about this. The server is SP4 and all critical updates have been installed. Does anyone have any information about this error? Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Nurv ...