grouping in Excel Pivot table

currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand
total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1,
2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together.
In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand
total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and
go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i
want or you guys can suggest any other method?

I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot
suit my needs.

Thanks

Lim Heng Sin

All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base
data and using the new field in the PT.

Hope this helps.

---

Excel
Text pasted into a cell from Word or other software will keep the formats including carriage returns, line numbers, tabs, etc. Can text be typed into a cell with control characters that will force this type of formating? -- mwaller If I understood your question correctly - you might try hitting Alt+Enter in order to go to a new line in the same cell Micky "mwaller" wrote: > Text pasted into a cell from Word or other software will keep the formats > including carriage returns, line numbers, tabs, etc. > Can text be typed into a cell with control charac...

Temp tables backup failures in Mailbox Folder
The Backup server (veritas Backup Exec 9.1). Fails backups on temp (I assume locked open) message files. How do I clear these? geoff.bright@a1computing.com.au On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 23:43:18 -0700, "Geoff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The Backup server (veritas Backup Exec 9.1). > >Fails backups on temp (I assume locked open) message >files. > >How do I clear these? > >geoff.bright@a1computing.com.au What temp files (i.e. where are they?) Typically, if you have the Exchange agent on the Exchange server then it will do the backup co...

Can I use a variable for a table name in an SQL statement using VB
Can I use a variable for a table name in an SQL statement using VBA ambushsinger wrote: >Can I use a variable for a table name in an SQL statement using VBA No. You can use VBA to construct an SQL statement with the table name in your variable. Eg. strSQL = "SELECT whatever FROM [" & strtablename & "] ... " Then use the SQL statement to do whatever. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] The answer is Yes. Since you posted no details I can only give you a simple example. Dim strSQL as String Dim tblName as String strSQL = "SELECT A.F...

How to export specific emails to excel?
I am stuck at a problem where I want to export emails with specific "TO" ( can be a Distribution List). And I expect the excel to have the email address of the sender and the time at which the email was received. Is there a way to do this? I have looked on several forums and sites, but unable to find something like this. My ultimate goal is to track the emails coming in my Microsoft outlook sent to me Distribution List and export them in an excel sheet. The objective is to look for the number of emails recieved and the time/date at which it was received.. I a...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Excel instance in Task Manager
I created instance of the Excel.Application as following On Error Resume Next Set objExcel = GetObject (,"Excel.Application") If err.number > 0 then CreateObject("Excel.Application") End if But the problem is that on closing of my VB application, I m terminating the excel instance as follow Set objExcel = Nothing But despite closure of the VB application, the excel instance remains in the Task Manager. After if I open any other work from Explorer or from my VB Application, the workbook dont become visible. Any suggestions... -------------------------------------...

Is there any way I can import a report design from excel?
Hi My client has designed his Delivery Notes in excel. Is there any way I can import this into access as a report design? Stapes No. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:64a0bb8a-98f5-4cb8-b436-c0cff3ff65c4@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > My client has designed his Delivery Notes in excel. Is there any way I > can import this into access as a report design? > > Stapes ...

Excel 2003 Inactive Tab Colours with Vista Aero
Does anyone know how to change the inacticve tab colours for Excel 2003 running in Vista with Aero colour scheme turned on. Excel 2007 is installed on the same PC and there is no problem with that, it is just 2003 - there is virtually no difference in colour between the active and inactive tabs and it makes it very difficult for grouping tabs (selecting an individual tab is not such a problem because the active tab has bold font in the name). David McRitchie's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#tabs suggests the scrollbar colour affects the tab colours but that doesn'...

Free 'absolute beginners' guide for making charts using Excel
If you are want the ABC's of making charts and a new way to look at the chart-making process, try this free book at http://www.vgupta.com ...

Two tables
Hello I have two tables, 1. Employees which links to Sales The two tables have a [Name] field in common. On the sales table I also have a check box. I have a main form being the employees and sub-form being the sales. There is also a combo box which lets me filter down. What I wanted to do using the form is when I click on the check box on the sales sub-form it will lookup the [email] field in the employee table and then send an email. I hope someone can help with this as it's causing me lots of issues, Thanks so much Andrea ...

Excel 2007 spreadsheet saved as DBF4
Just converted to Windows 7. My Excel spreadsheet .xls can't "save as DBF4" I was using Windows XP and had no problems. Help please. Mary, This has nothing to do with your version of Windows but with your version of Office (the two are not related) A Google search with "excel DBF converter" go many hits best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microsoft Excel MVP "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C9B53F-2BE4-4A86-8717-1E79690A6493@microsoft.com... > Just converted to Windows 7. My ...

rounding to nearest hundred dollar in Excel
User wants to round up to nearest $100 dollar figure if it's over 50, or down to nearest $100 figure if it's under 50. For example, if they enter dollar figure of $1234.00, they want it rounded down to the nearest $100 dollar amount, which would be $1,200.00. Thanks. 50000? Since you say round up to nearest 100 if over 50 shouldn't 1234 round up to 1300? Or did you mean 50000? Regardsless round to nearest 100 is ROUND(x,100) round up is CEILING(x,100) so you can set it the way you want by testing the condition =IF(x>50,formula1,formula2 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Diane&...

Problem with Excel 2003 and 2007 on same computer
I've always used the Office 2003 programs. But recently I decided to switch Outlook to the 2007 version. In the process. Office 2007 also installed the 2007 versions of Excel, Word, etc. So now I have both Excel 2003, and Excel 2007 on my Windows 7 home premium computer. I don=92t care at all for the ribbon and other features of Excel 2007. But occasionally, and seemingly randomly, my opening an old Excel file brings up 2007 Excel I know there=92s a setting to create an association between .XLS, .XLT etc.. and a particular program, in this case Excel 2003. But in Windows 7, what woul...

Word 2007 how to get data from forms to Excel
I have forms that have been filled out by various people and would like to export the data into an Excel worksheet. This seemed straightforward in Word 2003, but I cannot get it to work in Word 2007. The actual form is a Word 2003 document. When I save the file as a txt file (after Word options / Advanced / Preserve fidelity / check "save form data as delimited text file") it creates the delimited file, but it gets overwritten when I close the original filled form. Any ideas? Thanks. I am having a similar problem, but the "save form data as delimited text...

Sum in Subform & Main Table #Name?- HELP!
I'm using Access 2003 and I have a subform within a subform and I keep getting #Name? Main Subform is "frmsubContractors" Other Subform is "frmsubContractors2Agree" and in the frmsubContractors2Agree I have a total currency field in the footer called "calcTotalAwardsContract" The control source of "calcTotalAwardsContract" =nz(Sum([fldawardamt]),0) which works great However when I refer to the "calcTotalAwardsContract" field in the main subform with a field named "calcTotalInitialAward" with a control source of =frm...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

attach an excel workbook using send object method
I am sending emails from Access using SendObject and would like to attach an Excel workbook to the email. Any suggestions? -- Dar Hi Dar, SendObject will not work in this case, since it is only designed to send an object *within* the database (table, query, report, etc.). If you are using Outlook, you can try the method that I show on page 19 of a Word document that I call Access Links.doc. You are welcome to download a zipped copy, here: http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ Tom Wickerath Microsoft Access MVP http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/ http://www.access.qbuilt.com/htm...

Excel question #15
When using the scroll bar in Excel the screen blanks out - why? Might be a slow video card. Since Excel 2002 the screen is scrolled real time when you drag the scrollbars. Slower video cards might not be able to keep up. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Battlespace" <Battlespace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34DD582C-0BFD-40F7-B555-951CFF65B7C8@microsoft.com... | When using the scroll bar in Excel the screen blanks out - why? ...

copy and paste excel spreadsheet into autocad
My autocad drawing is linked to a excel spreadsheet. For fast updating. But the window displayed in autocad changes if I have more than on excel sheet. As I switch from auotcad to excel is there a way to permently save the excel window display and make another window display and alway keep the window the same as you switch from one software to the other ...

How to group similar column titles together????
I have an excel spreadsheet with 6 column titles as follows: 1st column title = ob1 2nd column title = ob2 3rd column title = ab1 4th column title = ob3 5th column title = ab2 6th column title = ob4 I have about 200 lines of information on each column. I want to run a macro / function on this spreadsheet and my spreadsheet should regroup similar titles together as follows: 1st column title = ob1 2nd column title = ob2 3rd column title = ob3 4th column title = ob4 <blank column> 5th column title = ab1 6th column title = ab2 Can someone think of any way to do this? (A macro ...

Unlinked Tables affecting Query?
I have a simple SELECT query which is based on two tables with an INNER JOIN on the VehicleID field. I noticed however, that if I added another table to the QBE grid - even though I didn't link the table to my query's 2 source tables in any way, and even though the query's SQL remained unchanged - the query output changed?? It returned the same records, but repeated hundreds of times? Can anyone explain why just the presence of an unlinked table in the QBE grid would affect a query? I just can't explain it. Any help greatly appreciated.......Regards, Jason Jay If yo...

Embedding charts in pivot tables
I have a pivot table showing sales people in the first column, products in the second and sales figures by quarter along the top (pretty standard!). I can create a chart from this info and step through an employee at a time to see the data. I would love to be able to embed a chart into the table, under the employee name to show the data graphically, so that the result would be a table with a series of charts. This would be dynamic so that if I switched off certain employees from the dropdown filter at the top of the pivot table, their info and chart would disappear, reappearing if I switche...

Trying to put a pivot table report on an existing sheet causes err #3
Thanks to Frank Kabel, I can now make great pivot tables. The problem I am having is that I want to write a macro to generate pivot tables, and I want the pivot table report to be saved on a worksheet called "Sum of Open", which is overwritten each time the macro runs. I have created the sheet named "Sum of Open" which is in the same workbook, but when i try to save it to there ('Sum of Open!'), I get an error: "Your formula contains and invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the path, workbook, and range name or cell reference are correct, ...

install excel 2002 on two computers
can i install the above on 2 computers. I tried and it tells you to register it or it will self destruct after so many uses. I have already registered it on 1 computer. lew boone LEWISBOONE@ peoplepc.com Lew I believe you mean "activate" rather than "register". Read the EULA. One computer. One installation. Two computers. Buy a second copy of Office. Gord Dibben XL2002 On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:38:48 -0800, "lew boone" <LEWISBOONE@peoplepc.com> wrote: >can i install the above on 2 computers. I tried and it >tells you to register it or it wi...

Is there way I can automatically have Excel change the scale om a.
I have an excel file, which I uses to make xy graphs but I change the value that are plotted. The graph does not rescale by itself so I have to keep on doing it manually. Is there a way to get Excel to automatically rescale? Jon Peltier has a couple of techniques that you could use: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Phil wrote: > I have an excel file, which I uses to make xy graphs but I change the value > that are plotted. The graph does not rescale by itself so I have to keep on > doing it manually. Is there a way to get Excel to automatic...