Grouping in a Pivot Table

I have created a Pivot Table off of a spreadsheet containing sales related
information.  I am trying to group the "Due Date" field into months and I
keep receiving an error that I cannot group the selection.  I have used this
feature before with success and I am stumped as to why it is not working this
time.  Help!

Most often it has to do with having blank cells or text mixed in with your
dates. Check out this link. Once you have changed all of your items into
dates you may have to refresh your pivot table twice before you will be able
to group by dates.

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"LMorman" wrote:

> I have created a Pivot Table off of a spreadsheet containing sales related
> information.  I am trying to group the "Due Date" field into months and I
> keep receiving an error that I cannot group the selection.  I have used this
> feature before with success and I am stumped as to why it is not working this
> time.  Help!

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

text as value in pivot table
I need to show some references in de form of A11_A11_1a in a table, and with the order given by each section of the references. I tried using pivot tables and sorting with the first and second sections. But the pivot table will show the count of occurring matches. How can I show the actual reference? Regards ...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Pivot Table Repeats Names in multiple rows
I have data on hours worked for about 70 employees (Names are rows) for the last year (Months are columns). For about 15 of those names, the Pivot Table is not consolidating all the data for that employee. Rather, it repeats the name for 2 or more rows as if those names were spelled in various ways. The hours data for those affected employees are also broken out among the various rows. The source data originally had this problem, but I fixed all the misspellings. By filtering the names field in my source data, I have confirmed that there is now only one version of each name. Why c...

maximum rows limitation in an access 97 table
we have an access97 db which has 32405 rows, is there such a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 and if there is, can this be rosolved by upgrading to Access 2000 or higher. > is there such > a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 No, the limit is that the database cannot be larger than 1GB. Check out other specifications in Access Help, using "specifications" as a search criterin in the Search Wizard. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "GM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b501c3aadf$4d6d6630$a001280a@phx.gbl... >...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Readonly a linked table
I have a table that gets generated every month, and we use as a source of data for other databases. We link this, but I was wondering if there is a way to make that linked table read only. Any ideas? Thanks so much, Chris M. hi Chris, mcescher wrote: > I have a table that gets generated every month, and we use as a source > of data for other databases. We link this, but I was wondering if > there is a way to make that linked table read only. Either make the back-end read-only or use a pass-through query instead of a linked table. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

No results when adding 2nd table to query
Have 2 tables..one for Membership Data, one for Member Contributions. Have Member form with Contributions as subform. Have field in Member table to check (Yes/No field type) if I have solicited the member for renewal. Have query to create new table for members who have renewed since a particular date (I have to enter the parameter). This query works beautifully and pulls out everyone who has renewed SINCE I solicited them. However, I need to add the Contributions table to the query so that it will also tell me how much they contributed. This should be easy, but everytime I add th...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Exporting Excel Comments in to Access tables
I want to combine several Excel spreadsheets into an Access DB. The Spreadsheets have "Comments" dotted about all over the place. I want to copy them into a single field which I would then like to export as an Access "Memo" field. I am stuck on turning the Comments content into Text in the Excel cell. I believe it is something to do with the Comments.Text being both a property and a method. Anybody give me a hint? Ian Millward Edinburgh Ian Not sure I follow exactly what you are trying to do but in the activecell you would use Activecell.Comment.Text This return...

RE: looping through pivot tables
I need to loop through each pivottable, making the PivotItems(i).Visible = False, then making the one consecutive in the PivotItems(i) = True for each PivotTable Dim j As Integer For i = 1 To Worksheets("Output").PivotTables.Count MsgBox Worksheets("Output").PivotTables(i).Name For j = 1 To Worksheets("Output").PivotTables(i).PivotFields("Timeframe").PivotItems.Count Set myRange = Worksheets("Output").PivotTables(i).PivotFields("Time frame").PivotItems(j) If myRange = myRange Then Worksheets("Output").PivotTables(i)...

SupplierList Table doesn't get filled up autom. when adding an ite
When adding an item, the item is not getting added automatically in the SQL SupplierList table although it used to at first. Is there any functionnality in RMS as to enabling or disabling this feature? After adding a product, if I go in the item properties under the supplier tab, I see it's empty although I selected a supplier when adding the item. ...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

writing XML using nested tables...
I am having difficulties maintaining table relationships when writing XML files, despite having set the relations property NESTED to TRUE. I assume therefore that something is wrong with my code. Can anyone help? CODE ==== While xmlReader.Read() 'add row to tool table nRow = ScanResult1.Tool.NewToolRow() nRow("out_tlname") = xmlReader.GetAttribute("tlName") ScanResult1.Tool.AddToolRow(nRow) ' add row to toolinstance table nRow = ScanResult1.ToolInstance.NewRow() nRow("out_tliPath") = xmlReader.GetAttribute("tlExec") ScanRes...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

Pivot Table ... DIV/0 ... Error
Excel 2000 ... I have an inserted calculated Field in my Pivot Table ... Issue is, many of the cells in this Field are returning "DIV/0" error. Above said ... How do I setup Pivot Table to prevent this??? Note: BLANKS would be fine ... Thanks ... Kha Kha.. You probably need to change the formula in the calculated item to account for zeros. Suppose you have a calculated item with the formula "(y-x)/x" to calculate a variance. If any of the "x" data items have a zero this will return Div/0 errors. To get round it, use the formula "if(x=0,0,(y-x)/x)&q...

Prevent Collapsing of Pivot Table Rows
I have a pivot table with several text fields included in the Row Labels area. These text fields are 1:1 with the key field of the row so the expanding and collapsing behavior is superfluous. In fact, I do not want the fields to be "collapseable" because if saved in a collapsed stated other users may not realize why other data is not being displayed. Is there a way to control this? I realize that I can use Expand All each time but I would prefer that they not even be given the option of collapsing the field. Answered my own question; didn't look hard enough the first...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...