Grouping in a Pivot Table

I have created a Pivot Table off of a spreadsheet containing sales related
information.  I am trying to group the "Due Date" field into months and I
keep receiving an error that I cannot group the selection.  I have used this
feature before with success and I am stumped as to why it is not working this
time.  Help!

Most often it has to do with having blank cells or text mixed in with your
dates. Check out this link. Once you have changed all of your items into
dates you may have to refresh your pivot table twice before you will be able
to group by dates.

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"LMorman" wrote:

> I have created a Pivot Table off of a spreadsheet containing sales related
> information.  I am trying to group the "Due Date" field into months and I
> keep receiving an error that I cannot group the selection.  I have used this
> feature before with success and I am stumped as to why it is not working this
> time.  Help!

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Grouping event handlers
I have a data entry form with numerous fields. Certain fields ar required and need a non-blank input. I am trying to create a clas module for a text box where non-blank inputs are not allowed. I have the following code: Public WithEvents Required As MSForms.TextBox Public notComplete As Integer Private Sub Required_Change() If (Required.Text <> "") Then notComplete = 0 Required.BackColor = &HFF& Required.ForeColor = &H8000000E Else notComplete = 1 Required.BackColor = &HFF& Required.ForeColor = &H8000000E End If MsgBox "In Event" End Sub ...

Recovery storage group...with a 2000 database?
I have a user that has recently discovered that after a server outage last summer he is missing a great deal of Calendar items from prior to that date. The problem is that back then we were running Exchange 2000, and in December we migrated to 2003. Is it at all possible to use the recovery storage group and restore an Exchange 2000 database to it from one of our quarterly tapes? I'm trying to avoid building a sandbox with a clone of our old server and AD in it just to see if his Calendar contained items from back then (note that not all appointments are missing, but he typically ...

Error Message after exporting MS Access Table
I receive the below error message when I export a table from a Microsoft Access database to the Microsoft Word Merge format: “The data being exported does not match the format described in the Schema. ini file.” Microsoft Access database is in .mdb format. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201002/1 The main cause behind the above error message is that when you export the table for the first time, the field names of the table for the Microsoft Word Merge format get saved in the Schema.ini file. A schema.ini (schema i...

How 2 update PowerPoint table with excel numbers with same formatt
Hi, I have office 2003. I have PowerPoint table (not linked in excel). Well formatted according to my requirement. But when I need to update few cells (numbers) copying from Excel into PowerPoint, formatting is getting mess up. I tried paste as unformatted paste it's paste everything in one column only. Can anyone please help me out so i can copy & paste only those particular cells from Excel into PowerPoint Table without losing any formatting? Thanks Masters in advance :) Rajesh ...

Group Send error
When I try to send to a distriubtion list I get a generic error message. If I try to expand the group (during e-mail creation) I also get an error. Any ideas? Miller Glass <mgc@rollanet.org> wrote: > When I try to send to a distriubtion list I get a generic error > message. If I try to expand the group (during e-mail creation) I > also get an error. Any ideas? State your Outlook version and tell us how you created the DL. Does it look correct in the Contacts folder? -- Brian Tillman I am using Outlook 2003 SP1 on a machine with Windows XP Pro SP2. The list loo...

Outlook Express 6-Creating "Group Folders"
What is the best way to set up "group" folders for the purpose of responding in mass to e-mail generated "leads? How do I "transfer" incoming e-mail "lead" addresses to these folders? Can I do this without adding these e-mail addresses to an address book? Thanks in advance for your help! Evan Hi - I'm not quite sure what you're asking. However, note: This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different p...

PO Enhancements Table
I need to link this to the purchase order analysis reports - specifically Purchase Order Status Report in detail. IN RW cant see how to use the POE dict to link thru the table - has anyone got any ideas? Thanks heaps Theo ...

Pivot Table Data 04-16-10
I have learned to use GETPIVOTDATA to retrieve numbers aligned with employees names. When an employees name does not appear on the pivot table, it returns #REF!, which can be turned into 4 with the ERROR.TYPE command. I can turn the 4 into a 0, but then when the number is not a 4, I get #N/A. Is there any way to get a 0 off of the pivot table if an employee name does not show up? You can wrap the GETPIVOTDATA formula inside another function to return zero if GETPIVOTDATA returns an error. In Excel 2007 you can use IFERROR: =IFERROR(GETPIVOTDATA(...),0) In Excel 2003 &a...

sending and receiving tables with relationships
I have a database with three linked tables (parent table, a child and a "grandchild" table). There are 8 field reps in the company I work for. Each of the parent tables cooresponds with the data pertaining to each rep. What I'm wanting to do it to somehow separate the data so I can send each rep just their table and corresponding children tables, they update the data and send it back to me. Is there a way to do this? I have found a way to do it with all the data in one table, but the forms to enter data end up being cluttered, hard to navigate and confusing. -- Message pos...

E2003
Greetings, I'm in the middle of an Exchange 2003 upgrade (from 2000), and I'm running into some problems. One of these is with our out-going SMTP queues. I've never had a reason to stare at the queues for hours, so I'm not sure if this is normal behavior. We have 2 sites and 3 SMTP connectors. One site has 2 (going to its 2 Sendmail gateways) and the other has 1. The server at each site is listed as a local bridgehead for ONLY the same-site SMTP connector. Looking at the queue though, it uses all 3 connectors. For instance, the server on SiteX has 30,000 messages in it&#...

Mails are being send without colors and table structure destroyed
Dear All, I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003. My other office products are of Office 2000. Word 2003 is not there on my PC and therefore the option to use it is disabled. Now how to use Microsoft Word 2000 as the mail editor? I am facing some strange problems with Outlook 2003. I composed a outage notice in Word 200 with table structure and colouring. I pasted the same in mail and send it. The mail send was in a format where table structure completely destroyed, all the words are not well aligned and the e-mail is not in colors. I able to see it structured in the send folder but it is not gett...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Locking Tables
I am using MS Office '07. Looking to create a DB in Access. It would have multi tables. I would like to have ONE table only that is password protected. Is this possible? The table that would like locked would include Emp Names & Salaries. Yes its possible. Create a separate Database with your Employee data table in it and password protect it. Then in your main App link to the protected table. You need to manage user access to only allow authorised viewing! "JWhitehead" wrote: > I am using MS Office '07. Looking to create a DB in Access. It would ha...

amortization tables
how do i create amortization tables in Excel 2003 You can either create one yourself with Excel's financial functions; see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA011117451033.aspx or use one of many templates, like these: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=amortization&av=TPL000 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mpho" <Mpho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39A31A72-2793-402D-A1D1-FA45B6D64920@microsoft.com... | how do i create amortization tables in Excel 2003 ...

Pivot Table unable to Include Hidden Items In Subtotals
I have set up a pivot table that lists only the Top 10 values in a column, but also want the subtotal for the entire column, including the hidden items. Excel Help tells me that I can click the "Include Hidden Items in Totals" button, but the button is not available. I followed the help instructions to first select "Subtotal Hidden Page Items" then to unselect it and didn't get my result in either case. Any ideas on why the button is not available? AFAIK, that button is only available if your using an OLAP cube as the source data. For other sources, you can ...

Grouping stored procedures
Hello folks. I have an application that uses about 110 "small" SPs. Most are only 4 lines long. I would like to be able to group my SPs together. I suppose I could add a parameter to each group of SPs and then use the case functionality such as create proc GetFruit @id,@fruit varchar(20),@newfruit varchar(20) as if @id=1 select * from FruitTable where fruit = @fruit if @id=2 delete from FruitTable where fruit = @fruit if @id=2 update FruitTable set fruit=@newfruit where fruit = @fruit ect ect ect But is there a better way to do it? Thanks in advance,...

Sub forms keep turning out like tables
I am new to Microsoft Access 2007. I am trying to create subforms that relate to tables I have created. I add the fields relevent to the forms and in design view it actually looks like a form (which is what I want) yet in form view it is in the form of a table. This is doing my head in. Also should I be able to sort this problem out how can I link all the subforms to the same item from differant tables? On 21/04/2010 7:06 PM, El Thicko wrote: > I am new to Microsoft Access 2007. I am trying to create subforms that relate > to tables I have created. I add the fields relevent...

Password Protecting a group of fields
Hi, Ok I have a form with loads of different fields but I have a section that I require to password protect, every one needs to be able to see them but if an individual require to update any or all of this particular group they are required to enter a password, which will allow them to up date all the fields in this section. I am a basic user so if you answer please please keep it simple -- Jessybloke in the UK Hi It can't be done. Well it "can" be done very simply BUT anyone with even a little knowledge of access will be able to get round it (unless you're an ex...

Linking Tables 04-30-07
Ok, I failed to get my tables combined satisfactorily. Is there a way to link tables within a database so that I don't have to enter the same information twice? I have 4 common fields in both databases. Fields for Table (Maps) are as follows: Drawer, Name, TMS Number, Date, Job Number, Location, Subdivision, Block, Lot, Tract, Area, Surveyor, Revision, Disk. Fields for Table (DCA) are as flollows: Disk, Name, Job Number, Description, Date. The Maps table has over 30,000 records, the DCA table has 10,000 records. "KARL DEWEY" <KARLDEWEY@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Excel XP Pivot Table moves incorrect field to row area
I have a problem that has been frustrating me for a while. I have built a number of workbooks that use Pivot Tables with an Analysis Server data source. When I drag a field from the page area to the row area in the Pivot Table, I occassionally get the wrong field. If I drag Location Type to the pivot table, location is added. If I drag financial class, insurance appears. The interesting (and infuriating) thing in this case is that Insurance was NOT in the page area. It is an available field in the data source, but had not been added to the workbook. Has anyone else had this occur and ho...

table relationships 05-04-07
I have a main table [ClientInfo] and several other tables [Screening] [Intake] [Medical]. The main table has a one to many with each of the other tables (pk id ClientID). Each of the sub tables has a pk (ScreeningID, MedicalID, IntakeID). A client here can be admitted multiple times so each ClientInfo record can have multiple records in each of the sub tables. My question is how do I link the sub table records so that record1 from Screening is linked to record1 from Intake, etc. It seems to me that if they arent linked it will cause a problem in some of my reports because they are base...

excel pivot tables
I posted this same query yesterday, but nobody had an answer. not sure how far you guyts look back so i'll try again! help please Excel 2000 I use a pivot table for a report that has to be sent out in many different formats so I would like to record a macro to do this for me. Part of the formatting that has to be done is changing the page, row and column pivot table fields. I have tried recording a macro, but excel records the cell reference of the pivot table field that i am moving. Obviously the field are not aways ging to be in the same place. Does anyone know the cod...

A/P tables
Hi, Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P charges (both, open and close), and A/P checks/payments? Many thanks, -Itai Try: pm20000 - A/P Open pm20100 - A/P Open Apply pm10100 - A/P Open Distribution pm30200 - A/P History pm30300 - A/P History Apply pm30600 - A/P History Distribution Itai wrote: > Hi, > > Which table(s) contain(s) the A/P charges (both, open and close), and A/P > checks/payments? > > Many thanks, > > -Itai > > > > Thank you, Robert. What are the differences between Open, Open Apply and Open Distribution? How each line-item i...

sum and insert into table?
Hi, I currently have a table which holds the following: Team Amount Date ------ --------- ----- Blue 100 01/01/08 Red 200 01/01/08 Green 500 01/01/08 Yellow 50 01/01/08 Team Amount Date ------ --------- ----- Blue 100 02/01/08 Red 200 02/01/08 Green 500 02/01/08 Yellow 50 02/01/08 I am able to show these on a graph on a daily basis, how can show sum...