group & summarize diff rows of data that have something in common

I am trying to arrange a large amount of data (inventory) in 2 different
ways.  1) Group all identical parts into one row and 2) Group all identical
locations into one row.  I dont know how to do this.  I am dealing with over
3,000 rows.  Any suggestions?
0
pkunAAC (3)

Depending on your workbook layout, you may be able to use a pivot table
to summarize the data. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon
Peltier has information and links:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Extend Rows and related formula downwards using functions not macros
I have a simple worksheet to amortise a loan. I would like to use a formula to extend the rows downwards to the number of payments (Number of years x Number of payments per year) using a formula. For example, if there were 26 payments per year over 1 year, there should be 26 rows. Now if I change the number of years to 2 years, two things should happen: 1. The number of rows should expand to 52 from 26 2. The sum of the interest paid should include these extra rows.i.e =Sum(rownumber 1 to row number 52) instead of Sum (rownumber 1 to rownumber 26). Currently I am using a simple formula alon...

Highlighting Rows #4
Is there a way to automatically highlight the entire row in color so that when you are entering data into a large spreadsheet you know which row/cell you are in? -- Kim Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F7A07490-56A9-44B3-A05E-C09BF7365B37@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to automatically highlight the entire row in color so that > when you are entering data into a large spreadsheet you know which row/cell > you are in? > -- > Kim ...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

Choosing a value from a row with more than one condition
Hi, I have a table with some duplicate values in various fields. I need to extract a value from a certain row that answers to two different creterias: Name Skill Score Active 1. John Craft 2 no 2. John Track 3 no 3. Dana Craft 7 yes 4. Dana Track 2 yes In the example above I am trying to get the Score value where Skill = "Craft" and Active = "yes" VLOOKUP is obviously not good enough as it gets me the first Craft it encounters without considering a second creteria. How do I select from a table w...

Excel Truncating Leading Spaces when pasting data
Is there a way for Excel to not truncate leading spaces when data from outside of Excel has them. For example, I have a text file where some data has 1 leading zero, and some has 2, etc. I want to preserve that format when pasting to Excel, but they get truncated off. Is there a setting or something I can use to keep them. Excel XP, Office XP, Windows XP Thanks Hi Wayne Format the cells as text before you copy the data -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260001c427dc$0c643a40$a10128...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

how do I chart columns, rows and sheets
I want to chart a set of colums and rows which vary from sheet to sheet. Basically three axis. How about two axis, with different series representing different values from sheet to sheet? This page describes a bit about using data from different sheets in a chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "yorkieshome" <yorkieshome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E51CB657-0938-4845-80C5-DD7CA8ABD81D@microsof...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Reinstalling CRM 4.0 but preserving data
We are having terrible trouble having upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0. We are trying to use the Workflows to manage tasks etc., but without fail the Workflow goes into a "Waiting for Resources" state and never does anything. We've looked at all the obvious candidates (the Async Service, for example) and have tried the various fixes (more information here; http://www.themssforum.com/Crm/Workflows-Waiting/) We're now at the stage of considering reinstalling CRM 4.0. However, we have migrated a large amount of data from our CRM 3.0 installation. Can we safely backup the existi...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Pivot Table Repeats Names in multiple rows
I have data on hours worked for about 70 employees (Names are rows) for the last year (Months are columns). For about 15 of those names, the Pivot Table is not consolidating all the data for that employee. Rather, it repeats the name for 2 or more rows as if those names were spelled in various ways. The hours data for those affected employees are also broken out among the various rows. The source data originally had this problem, but I fixed all the misspellings. By filtering the names field in my source data, I have confirmed that there is now only one version of each name. Why c...

How to number rows after data has been filtered?
I want to know continously give a serial number skipping in between some rows that are filtered. In excel if we try Fill series, it is not working on filtered rows. Is there any way out? Please help. I think I'd sort the data to group those visible cells. Then fill those empty cells and resort the data to its original order. I'd have a column that was essentially a row number column. show all the rows first. Insert a new column A. put 1 in A2 and 2 in A3 select a2:a3 and drag down your data. Filter your data to see the blanks you want to fill. select that range of visible cell...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

maximum rows limitation in an access 97 table
we have an access97 db which has 32405 rows, is there such a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 and if there is, can this be rosolved by upgrading to Access 2000 or higher. > is there such > a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 No, the limit is that the database cannot be larger than 1GB. Check out other specifications in Access Help, using "specifications" as a search criterin in the Search Wizard. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "GM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b501c3aadf$4d6d6630$a001280a@phx.gbl... >...

Live incoming data
Hi,Could someone please tell me how to "Capture Live Incoming Data ",so that I can make charts from this data. Walkenbach's books dont get into it.Thanks a lot.I'm stuck. You really need to provide more information: Where is the data comming from Where are you pitting it how often is it updated where do you want it displayed "peter z" wrote: > Hi,Could someone please tell me how to "Capture Live Incoming Data ",so > that I can make charts from this data. > Walkenbach's books dont get into it.Thanks a lot.I'm stuck. > > ...

Autofilter
Hi all, When I am using Excel's Autofilter, often the statusbar shows the number of selected rows as part of the total number of rows. Often, but not allways. How is this, and what can I do about it ? Tia, Bas Hartkamp. When your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed after a filter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode" instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal function to count the visible rows. The following MSKB article has information: The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" me...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Show Percent on Data Labels
In Excel 2000, I've created a non-stacked vertical bar chart. I would like to show percent of total on the data labels of each bar while retaining the actual data value on the Y-axis scale. Can this be done? Under the Format Data Series/Data Labels tab, the "Show percent" option is grayed out. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. "Paul Scheer" <paul.scheer@warnerbros.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3c5d01c3762c$f6aa9980$a301280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 2000, I've created a non-stacked vertical bar > chart. I would like to show percent of...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

cancel event if data change
Hi there, I have a main form with a sub-form and code at the before update event on the date field under the main form, I would like to bypass/cancel the before update event if the user change the date after entry. I mean that when the user enter the date (new record), the before update event wil be executed. If the user change the date (immediately or after record saved), I would lite to bypass/cancel the before update event. Hope this clear for you. Appreciate for your expert comments. Thanks in advance! On Nov 29, 8:06 am, Andy <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi th...

Excel should handle more than 65,536 rows.
We deal with large amounts of data and the current row limit of 65,536 repeatedly hinders us. This has been the limit for a long time and I don't understand why it hasn't been increased or eliminated. With today's computers it seems Excel should be able to handle much more. At the very least make it an overall number of cells limit, not an X by Y limit. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not s...

Changing the row reference in a link
I would like to be able to change the row that a cell references by entering a number in a cell. I have a sheet that automatically updates various data (such as stock prices). I then have another sheet that has a standardized report format. I would like to have a cell linked to the stock price (such as =Data!F19) but have a cell so that I could change the row link from 19 to another number by just entering that number in a cell on the standardized report sheet (something like =Data!F(A2)). I would like to avoid a macro if possible.. Thanks Try this: =INDIRECT("Data!F"&A2) ...