Group DB columns to be used in pivot table

Hi,

I have the following problems to prepare the DB.
I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel.
Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to
play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values.

How can I:

1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that
once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from
O to AT

2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter
values and see the changes or analyse using the  A to N fields?

Examle:
A B C D E F G H I L M N Product
                                  O P Q R S T U V....
                                  3 8 -  -  8  - 4  4....
                                  3 4 -  6 -  -  9  -.....

Hope you can help.

Regards
Alex
0
Metallo (10)

How can I change the column order using VBA
I have written code that appends data to a table. Occasionally, I need to add more columns. To do this I am using a bubble sort to compare with my existing table weather i already have the column or not. Because of this, I make my new table in alphabetical order, but I would like to be able to reorder the columns into something other than alphabetical. Is there a column order property for tables? Any suggestions? Thank you. Balbina wrote: > I have written code that appends data to a table. Occasionally, I need to > add more columns. To do this I am using a bubble sort...

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

Problem sorting by column when 2 spreadsheets are combined.
I have 2 spreadsheets that have 2nd (B) column in common (Account Number) and have a different total number of columns. I want to be able to paste the 2nd spreadsheet's data to the end of the 1st spreadsheet and sort by column #2 (B) so that all rows become intermingled. However, when it sorts the combined report, it sorts the data from report 1 and report 2 separately even though they are combined on the same spreadsheet (as if it remembers which data came from which report). How can I force it to sort by column B for real and disregard the different number of columns in rows? You shoul...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

how do I chart columns, rows and sheets
I want to chart a set of colums and rows which vary from sheet to sheet. Basically three axis. How about two axis, with different series representing different values from sheet to sheet? This page describes a bit about using data from different sheets in a chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "yorkieshome" <yorkieshome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E51CB657-0938-4845-80C5-DD7CA8ABD81D@microsof...

Problems using CArchive "<<" operator
Hi, I get this compiler error message for the code below: "error C2678: binary '<<' : no operator defined which takes a left-hand operand of type 'class CArchive' (or there is no acceptable conversion)". Whats wrong, the code is from a book about MFC? void CLogHandler::StoreLog(CLogItem logItem) { unsigned int nType =0,nMsgId=0; CFileException e; CFile fileArchiveFile; if (fileArchiveFile.Open( "C:/test3.txt", CFile::modeReadWrite | CFile::modeCreate| CFile::modeNoTruncate, &e)) { CArchi...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

IWebBrowser2 use too much memory
Hello, I have a MFC application using IWebBrowser2 control, I find that the application uses memory as much as 90MB, but when the application window is minimized, the memory usage reduces to 2MB, could you tell me how to reduce the memory usage for the IWebBrowser control? and how to make the application run with stable memory usage? Thanks a lot. Charlie Hu > I have a MFC application using IWebBrowser2 control, I find that the > application uses memory as much as 90MB, but when the application window is > minimized, the memory usage reduces to 2MB, could you tell me how t...

VBA Macro Error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hello, I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is not available in this Version of Microsoft Word" It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows. Any...

maximum rows limitation in an access 97 table
we have an access97 db which has 32405 rows, is there such a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 and if there is, can this be rosolved by upgrading to Access 2000 or higher. > is there such > a limit of 32700 rows in access 97 No, the limit is that the database cannot be larger than 1GB. Check out other specifications in Access Help, using "specifications" as a search criterin in the Search Wizard. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "GM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07b501c3aadf$4d6d6630$a001280a@phx.gbl... >...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

I know how to use 2003 with statistic but I'm having trouble with
I know how to do Statistics tests like the T-Tests and Median tests, for the Excel 2003 but I'm having trouble with the Excel 2007. I need to get the median with theStandard Error, Mode, Mean, Standard Deviation, Sample Variance, Kurtosis, Skewness, Range, etc chart for a set of data and I also need to do a T-Test: Two sample assuming unequal variances witht he chart, along with a Regresssion again with the charts. I can find the tests but I must be doing something wrong cause I can't get it to give me a chart with all the data I need! Can any one help? I would appreciate it if ...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

Accidentally deleted column in inbox
How do I get it back? In which version of Outlook? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:058f01c3b649$98038060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get it back? Right click anywhere in the existing column headers and choose "Field Chooser". Find the field(s) you want and one by one, drag them from the Field Chooser into the column header area. "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:058f01c3b649$98038060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get it back? Why? ...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

Using BCC in contact distribution lists
Have been unable to figure out how to set up a distribution list using BCC. Can someone help? Put your DL in the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John3" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05c001c3d251$8b6371c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Have been unable to figure out how to set up a > distribution list using BCC. Can someone help? ...

is there a template to use pc as cash register
i am just trying to figure it all out and cant seem to get it to do it properly so i was hoping someone already worked out all the bugs and have a template ...

OverWhelmed -- Which Program Uses What?
I can code all day long and make dll's when required. Yet I have never been able to understand how to get a list of what program uses what when it is installed in the OS (XP). Is there anyway to get a listing of what program uses which DLL's and which registry entry is associated with which program AFTER INSTALLING? David wrote: > I can code all day long and make dll's when required. > > Yet I have never been able to understand how to get a list of what > program uses what when it is installed in the OS (XP). > > Is there anyway to get a lis...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

create rules using "AND" or "OR" ??
When I want to apply a rule such as "if my name is not in the to box" as well as "if certain words appear in the subject line", I am not given the option of having one or the other of these descriptions being part of the same rule. The only option is "if my name is not in the to box" AND "if certain words appear in the subject line". Is it possible to have it read "if my name......" OR "if certain words........". ...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...