Gridlines print over text

Top of 1/4 of worksheet print nicely.  Then, gridlines
start to be off and eventually they are printing over
text in cells.   Print preview shows that the worksheet
will print perfectly??  We have tried to print on
different printers . . same thing.   We have tried Help,
Detect and Repair.   Any ideas??

fixed column width with text string
I am importing a file into Excel. This Excel file will be read by an automated system and needs to be formatted in a very precise way. Each field from the data source (name, for example) is automatically inputed into a column in Excel. In order for the automated system to read this file, each column must be a specific number of characters long, with blanks or zeroes making up the difference. For example, if the name was "smith" and the "name" column is supposed to be 40 characters long, the remaining 35 characters would have to be accounted for somehow. I want t...

Import Text to specific cell
I'd like to import a set of data to specific, non-sequential, cells in a spreadsheet. Is there a way of doing this without using VBA? e.g. 3 fields worth per row of source data with the first being Column and the second being row and third being the text (or number) to put in a cell. Data: A 3 "3.5 Course1" C 5 " 3 Course 3" etc. This would put "3.5 Course1" in cell A:3, " 3 Course 3" in C:5 etc. It seems as though it ought to be doable. Any help would be appreciated. Jim Mitchell I don't think you can without VBA Assuming your ...

How to View gridlines
I need gridlines to do layout work. Can not figure out how to make gridlines visible. In news:30EF2E11-8043-4E3B-8267-2D67B8750584@microsoft.com, Warren User <Warren User@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: || I need gridlines to do layout work. || Can not figure out how to make gridlines visible. There are no "gridlines" in Publisher. You can use layout guides or ruler guide lines. To add layout guides to create a grid, go to Arrange > Layout Guides. To create a grid using Ruler Guides, it depends on the version. Publisher 2003 changed this. Normally you would hold your...

Cells as text not numbers???
I have a file with a bunch of numbers on it and when I sum them up it returns 0. If i double click in each of the cells then the sum works. There are a few thousand cells so i can't doubleclick in each. How can I change them all at the same time? I tried formatting them all as a number and that didnt work. There is no ' before it either. thanks in advance. -- tkaplan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22987 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showth...

Blank text labels
All of my text label on a simple report come out blank. Some are bound - others are not, but none print. All are set to visible-yes. Pat Upshaw All I can think of is the obvious: do the labels use the same color as the background? "Charles P. (Pat) Upshaw" wrote: > All of my text label on a simple report come out blank. Some are bound - > others are not, but none print. All are set to visible-yes. > > Pat Upshaw font > > > ...

printing in excel
when i open an excel page i am asked to disable or enable the file. when i go to print display it shows a blank page.i am using off.2000. Hi the message about enabling or disabling has to do with the enabling or disabling of macros within the excel file. if the workbook has been created for you and isn't supposed to be blank then you (probably) should enable macros as the person who created the workbook may have code in there to give you the correct print ranges. the other problem if there is information when you view it normally, but in print preview it shows only a blank page is...

Print Access report in DOS format
Hello, I need to send Access Invoices to a customer, they are using IBM AS400 with 4224 printer which is 1 of the system 3x printers attachable to the AS400. They want the invoices in ascii format. What I did is,I print the Invoice in Preview and save it as Text File and I Email it to them. If I send them one invoice only, they can print it, but if I combine more invoices, the first page prints ok but the second page is off. It looks like a form length problem of some kind or maybe an end of form control character. I'm not sure. Is there a way to output the report in ascii format? Th...

Key segment not found, when printing Trial Balance
Have several users running GP (10.00.1368), with a shared report dictionary. When one user attempts to run the Trial Balance report, she gets the following errors: "Key segment not found" "Error registering GL_Acct_MSTR" and "Table Open Error". All other users seem to be able to print fine. This is a new install on this machine, and she seems to be able to do everything else fine. What should I look at to resolve this? Thank you Is this a modified report? If not, are you able to point this user to local reports dictionary and run the report. I woul...

text is not wrapping but is hanging out under the picture.
Somehow I have text under my picture, and have tried changing the order, etc., but to no avail. I am sure there is a simple answer I'm missing! Please help! (and thank you) Right-click the picture, click format picture, layout tab, change the object position to exact. If it is already exact, change the wrap to something other than top and bottom. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ellen w" <ellen w@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A675C25-4D2A-459E-AC62-9780C58971EC@microsoft....

Printing check Register #2
Does any one know how to print the register. I try to print it but only get dollar values not dates or payee. I am an old Quicken user and it allowed you to print the entire register just like it appeared. ...

How to print a graph/document using Metafile ?
Hi, I have an MFC code written for printing a graph/document from my application to the printer directly. It is identifying the printer, and the document gets initialised in the printer spool, but it is not printing. When i check the data size of the spool document it shows 0 bytes!. As the same time, if i try to paste manually the data on Paint, I am getting the required output in paint. ( ie. data is available on the Clipboard but not getting printed) Can anybody help me in resolving this at the earliest. Thanks in advance. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////...

Cannot print emails
I cannot print any emails, But I can print from the internet. When I select the print button in my Windows Mail to try to print a email I get a beep. Any suggestions? Thanks Dave I got around it by making a new folder called" printables" then you can click "edit " on the tool bar and copy to folder (printables). you can copy from the printable folder now. "Dave" wrote: > I cannot print any emails, But I can print from the internet. When I select > the print button in my Windows Mail to try to print a email I get a beep. Any > sugge...

Custom gridline
Is there a way to have only one single gridline in the y-axis, at a specified value? All I can find is to turn off/on gridlines in the Chart Options. Running Excel 2002. Well, what I have ended up doing is to simply insert an "Autoshape" line, after turning off the gridlines. "Barry Guidry" <bg3075@rocketmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Ag3k8t9HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have only one single gridline in the y-axis, at a > specified value? > > All I can find is to turn off/on gridlines in the Chart Options. > > Run...

How do I get the Legend to print correctly?
When I am printing out my project sometimes, the bottom Legend prints gobbly-gook (information that doesn't make sense) how do I stop it from doing that? File/Page Setup... pull the Legend tab. Everything available to you is on that tab. Perhaps a change to the Legend height is in order. If that doesn't help, please post back with a precise problem definition. -- If this post was helpful, please consider rating it. Jim Aksel, MVP Check out my blog for more information: http://www.msprojectblog.com "Maiya Burns" wrote: > When I am printing ...

transferring from excel to text
I am trying to take a couple of columns from an excel spreadsheet to a plain text format. I can not copy and paste because it takes the cells and formats it so the words and numbers are no all over the page. HELP PLEASE??? lbierer wrote: > I am trying to take a couple of columns from an excel spreadsheet to a plain > text format. I can not copy and paste because it takes the cells and formats > it so the words and numbers are no all over the page. HELP PLEASE??? File > save as > select Formatted text in the save as drop down gls858 ...

Can a text box on a chart be locked to an X-Y coordinate location on the chart?
I would like a text box to remain at a particlar location on a chart in terms of the scale of the chart. So, if new data causes the X-axis or Y-axis to rescale, the text box remains at the same X-Y coordinate. This does not seem to be the default behavior, and i cannot find a way to accomplish it. Please let me know if there is a way. Much thanks! You could always try recalculating what the new position should be from the max and min values of the axes and then setting top and left parameters of your text box accordingly. -- mrice Research Scientist with many years of spreadsh...

How do I get Publisher to add pop-up text to a hyperlink?
I would like to add a pop-up text to a hyperlink of a picture, so that when a user scrolls over the hyperlinked picture a test box or just plain test pops up identifying the page it will take them to (i.e., "photos" or "contact us"). Is there a way to do this in publisher for an image map, or, forgoing that, to make the picture hyperlink make a sperate text link on the page highlight itself identifying where the link leads to? Thanks! ...

Automatic printing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Why does my mac automatically print out a document everytime I save it in word and how can I stop it please? Thank you ...

Booklet printing #8
I have created a booklet in publisher 2003. I want to print the cover and one inside page on a color printer separate from the rest of the publication. Can anyone tell me how to do that. When i try to print i cannot indicate the first and last page and if I indicate only the first page I don't get the back cover. File, print current page, click no to the query. This will get you the front and back covers. If you plan to turn the page over and print page 2 and whatever page on the other side of the back: View, turn off two page spread, go to page 2, print, current page, click no to ...

Drag & Drop text
Hello, Implementing drag & drop in C# seems pretty easy. However, in attempting to do so I ran into an issue that I don't understand. I found that I could drag & drop icons but when I tried to drag & drop text it would always display the red circle with the bar through it, so I would never even get to the point of being allowed to drop it. As first I thought it was something wrong in my code (which it may still be), but when I tried to drag & drop text between two 3rd party text editor applications like Wordpad and UltraEdit, it wouldn't let me do th...

convert a number to text(english)
How would I convet number to text in English and not in Bhat in EXCEL Thanks Khawaja Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Anwar Khawaja" <Anwar Khawaja@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EB132237-78E5-4E90-80E0-18F611E7FA2E@microsoft.com... > How would I convet number to text in English and not in Bhat in EXCEL > Thanks > Khawaja > ...

Print email from Outlook
We are upgrading from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook2003. When we try to print an email w/attachment from Outlook the print does not show that there is an attachment in the heading. Outlook prints out From: Sent: To: Subject: <Body> Outlook Express prints out From: To: Sent: Attach: Subject: <Body> Any suggestion? Thank you Lonnie Update your copy of Outlook 2003 with Office 2003 Service Pack 1 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "...

change excel's default print area from active spreadsheet
How does one change the default setting of the print area from "active spreadsheet" to selection? ...

Question to check the conditions and then print the result.
Hey guys can anyone help me? my question is that ... Assume that there is a student work sheet and there are 4 columns ........ now we have to check that if the marks of the first two columns(checking individually) are less than 40 and also the marks of the next two columns are less than 30(checking individually). if these two conditions satisfy then i should get the grade as pass in the grade column. hope u got my question. =IF(AND(C2<40,D2<40,E2<30,F2<30),"Pass","") -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Neelakanta" <Neelakanta@di...

Help w/ GRIDLINES EXCEL 2003
GRINDLINES will not show in PRINT PREVIEW nor will they change color to BLACK as I want them to using TOOLS > OPTIONS > VIEW All Background Settings are in DEFAULT since original Install. I am stuck on a report until I get this solved. I am willing to send Spreadsheet via email if you'd like to view my situation. Thank You Ken in page setup check gridlines -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Caroken" wrote: > GRINDLINES will not show in PRINT PREVIEW nor will they change color to > BLACK as I want them to using TOOLS > OPTIONS > VIEW > &...