Grid Lines

Would somone help me hack into my registry and change the default from grid
lines to no grid lines (ever).
I run Excel 2002  10.2614.2625
I would value assistance please.
David

0
dcterrill (9)

This posting from Dave  Peterson offers a bunch of suggestions,
including modifying the registry. Can't vouch for 2002, but his
suggestion worked for 97.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=3EE511E0.90416324%40msn.com

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

>Would somone help me hack into my registry and change the default from grid
>lines to no grid lines (ever).
>I run Excel 2002  10.2614.2625
>I would value assistance please.
>David

Plot line on chart
I have a column chart which the columns show data series for the year (2010-01, 2010-02....) I need to plot a line starting at 0 and go all the way to the last entry total which would be 2010-12. So basically i am just drawing a line from 0 the the last data point. Any idea on how to get this done? Thanks in advance ...

Dotted line to remove
I have just been editing a multi-page word document and something I did has made a dotted line appear. It goes across the page from margin to margin. Whatever I do to try to remove it doesn't seem to work. The line was not in the original so some I assume some key or setting I have touched has done it. The Word I am using is MS Office Word 2007 - something I find is a lot more fiddly than the older version I have used for years. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><&l...

Removing every other line
Hello All I need a script to remove every other line in a excel document, starting at say line 10 and delete line 11,13,15 and so on is this something that can be done. Thanks for any help Scott Try this: Just one rule: Cells A9 through A11 must contain any kind of value A1: MyCriteria A2: =ISEVEN(ROW(A10)) Data|Filter|Advanced Filter List Range: (select from A9 down as far as you need) Criteria Range: (Select A1:A2) Click the [OK] button The filter will only display even numbered rows under A9 Select the filtered rows under A9 Edit|Delete (Excel will only allow you to delete entire...

Best grid for data...
I have to use a grid to display data. The data is not from a database and hence I cannot use data bound grids. Now, there are so many grids that Iam totally confused which one to use. For now, I just have to display information and sort the rows in ascending/descending order when the user clicks on the column header. This can be achieved even by MS Flex grid. But Iam looking for a grid that is flexible and extensible in case there are new requirements like editing cell data. Can somebody help me find a good grid? Ofcourse Iam looking for freeware. thanks for your patience. T...

Inserting a new line in spreadsheet
I am using Excel 2003 I have selected in the propertoes tab "insert entire rows for new data, clear unused cells", yet when I refresh with changed data, the new data is there but new rows are not being added. I have tried this numerous times using a variety of the check boxes, including "fill down formulas in adjacent columns" to no avail. Here is what I am trying to do, in case there is a better way: I want to have a spreadsheet with 12 monthly worksheets and one YTD worksheet. As I added new items to the inventory, I want to update each of these worksheets to reflect t...

reading and replacing just the first line of a txt or csv file XL2
We have a report that is generated from "System A" and the column headers are in mixed case. We are uploading the file into "System B" which requires all column headers to be in uppercase. The end result is that I just need to read the first line, change it to uppercase, and paste it back into the file over the original first line. My code (so far, and not working) is below, and here are some general questions to get me on track: 1. If I recall correctly, when reading text files there is some way to specify whether the file is being opened for reading, wri...

Out of office Subject Line
Is there anyway to change the Subject line on an Out of Office Auto message. I'm using office 2000 SP3 In news:ugsBie5cGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Patricia <Patricia> typed: > Is there anyway to change the Subject line on an Out of Office Auto > message. > I'm using office 2000 SP3 If you're using Exchange and Out of Office, you can't modify this. If you're using an Outlook rule, you can put in whatever you like, I believe.... If you re not using Microsoft Exchange you can use an add-in for Outlook called Auto Reply Manager. You can find it h...

Hiding Grids
How to hide grids in a selected group of cells? I want to keep grids in the rest of the sheet. I turn off the grid (tools|options|view tab) for the worksheet/window, then apply borders (format|cells|borders tab) where I want them. I find that I have the best control that way. But you could hide the grid by using a fill color (white???) for that selected area (format|cells|Pattern tab). M H West & Co inc wrote: > > How to hide grids in a selected group of cells? > I want to keep grids in the rest of the sheet. -- Dave Peterson Use a white fill - the tools with icon of...

column-line charts
I understand the default for col-line charts is col on the primary y axis, line on the secondary axis. I am trying to chart 4 series (columns) onto the primary and 1 series (line) onto the secondary axis. The chart wizard always starts with placing 3 series onto col / 2 series onto lines. I can change one of the line series to the primary axis but it still does not format the data into a "column" but remains as a "line". any suggestions. Thanks. Bag the built-in custom chart types. Make a column chart with all of your data. Select the series you want to change. G...

Clean a Grid
Hi, I am beginner in GP and I have a problem. I am programming in vba of GP, and I have the necessity to clean grid of form, somebody knows some procedure for this Ber Monterrey Mexico Can you be a bit more specific with the form you are working with and what you are trying to achieve? It may be that Dexterity would be a better tool to achieve your goal. Thanks David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contain...

scrolling grids
I have some vba that calculates totals for the lines in a grid (example document total). This document total is displayed in a new local field on the window; however, when the user clicks into the grid, the amounts recalculate as the grid repopulates!!! Anyone have an idea how to keep the amounts from recalculating? thanks! -g George, It would help to know what window, what scrolling window and what scrolling window event you are using to perform your calculations. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dy...

Line Charts
can't find trendline. I have Excel 2003 Right-click on the series; you'll see "Add trendline" Bob Umlas Excel MVP "andrea" <andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D8756F-A0D2-49E0-8FE7-9A559AD09DF6@microsoft.com... > can't find trendline. I have Excel 2003 ...

Trend Lines
If I have data entered in a spread sheet, can I have the spread sheet sheet draw trend lines, but nothing else? TIA, Nev. Well, a trendline would have to be in a chart, so the literal answer would be no. However, you could do the following: Create a chart with the data, add a trendline, and make the charted data invisible (double-click the charted series, then, from the Pattern tab, set all options to 'None'). -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <...

Line styles for Cell Borders
I would like to know if there is a way to add to or alter the available line styles for cell borders that appear in the Fomatting window. The number of styles is vary limited. I would like to be able to alter or add to the thickness of the lines and the types of lines shown. Is there a way to easily do this? Carl Not that I know of. You could always try putting a transparent rectangle over the cell, but I don't see a large number of options there (maybe 6?) for the line styles. On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:45:01 -0800, "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Query to order lines a certain way
I have a table that contains the following data: Field1 Field2 Field3 Field4 Field5 Field6 Field7 Field8 Field9 Field10 (null) H (null) SLD (null) next 1/11/08 test1 N (null) (null) H (null) SLD (null) next 1/31/08 test1 N (null) 1/11/08 (null) L (null) SLD next (null) acct (null) 1 1/11/08 (null) L (null) SLD next (null) acct (null) -1 1/31/08 (null) L (null) SLD next (null) acct (null) 4 1/31/08 (null) L (n...

Multi Line SOP Transaction using Integration Manager
I am using Integration Manager 7.0 to try and load a Sales Quote that has several hundred line items. I am using 2 text files as the source. The first is the header file which hasthe SOP Doc Number and other fields. The second is the detail file, and has the SOP Doc Number, item qty, date site etc. I am joining them by SOP Doc Number in the query relationships window, and checking Option 3 in the relationship type window. The destination is Sales Transactions and I am using the Dynamics/eEnterprise 7.0 adapter. (Not the SQL optimized) When I run the integration, only the first recor...

Grid Lines Do Not Appear Even When Grid is Selected
I changed the drawing scale and now the grid does not show on my drawing even though Grid is check marked on the View menu. How do I get it back. On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:32:03 -0800, SSi308 <SSi308@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the drawing scale and now the grid does not show on my drawing even >though Grid is check marked on the View menu. > >How do I get it back. menu Tools -> Ruler and Grid Check that the grid spacing is set to Fine and the spacing and density are set to 0. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://w...

Grid lines
I am using Office XP. I am working with word and I inserted a table and a pasted images into each cell. Now I am copying the whole document and I am pasting into PAINT. Now I hide the gridlines in word bur when I paste into Paint some of the grid lines still show up. Why? Sol Likely because it is an Image, the grids are still there, just not visible in Word. S1L1Y1 wrote: > I am using Office XP. I am working with word and I inserted a table and a > pasted images into each cell. Now I am copying the whole document and I am > pasting into PAINT. Now I hide the ...

Grid problem with formatting cells...
Hello!! I need for help please! When I would like to change the width of a cell or a column I can't set up a concrete value. For example if I want the column to be 1.2 wide then Excel will set it to 1.14... If I try to set the width to 1.25 then it will be 1.29... So I can't set the grid to anywhere... because there is raster what doesn't let me do it... Is there any solution to switch this snap-like thing off? or to make it more fine? Many thanks in advance!!!! Andy Hi Andy, The width of cells is measured in pixels. 1.14 is 13 pixels. 1.29 is 14 pixels, etc. You can see it...

Adding colums for related entity to adv find grid doesn't return d
I'm working on an view using advanced find on the Email object. I want to display the phone number(s) in the grid of the contact associated with the email (as regarding). My problem is not picking the columns (using edit columns), but no data is displayed in those columns when I know there should be. As proof, after creating the view, saving and picking from my view list I can see the columns but no data - however, if I export to a spreadsheet data shows up. After further testing, if I export to a static spreadsheet - the data is missing. If I export to a dynamic spreadsheet - the d...

Chart Grids; Items Snapping To ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. Is it possible to view the grid that is used in a chart that items "snap to" ? Is it possible to change the grid spacing ? How, please ? Thanks, B. Hi, The grid is you spreadsheets gridline, the ones you see all the time. You can change their spacing by changing column widths and row heights. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Robert11" wrote: > Hello, > > Using Excel 2007. > > Is it possible to view the grid that is used in a chart that items "snap to" > ? > ...

Plot line not showing up
I have a linear chart, with 5 plot lines currently showing. Wanting to add a 6th line, I added the data label, and made sure the source data was correct (it matches the formatting of the other 5). No matter what I try, the 6th line is not appearing on the chart. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! skw - Maybe it's there but not visible. Click somewhere on the chart, and use the up-down arrow keys to select the data series (watch the formula bar to see when that specific =SERIES(...) is selected). Then choose Format (main menu item) Selected Data Series, and make some ...

Working with Grid and Grid Fields
I�m programming some functions in RM windows with VBA but i have problems with grid objects. Somebody has documentation or examples Thanks!! ...

How do I use a single cell value to chart a horizontal line in Exc
Background: I am making a chart where monthly expenses are represented by vertical bars and the monthly budget is a constant, for the entire year, which is represented by a horizontal line. If a vertical bar for a particular month rises above the horizontal budget line then I have exceeded my budget for that month. What I can do: I can create this chart if I use a monthly budget row where each cell in the row has the same value. What I want to do: To keep my spreadsheet manageable, I want to have the monthly budget specified by a single cell, rather than an entire row, because it is a...

I want to make the line twinkling, but why the line can not redraw?
void CMyView::OnButtonL() { CClientDC* pDC = NULL;; pDC = new CClientDC(this); ASSERT(pDC != NULL); CPen Pen1(PS_SOLID, 10, RGB(192, 192, 192)/*GetSysColor(COLOR_BTNTEXT)*/); CPen* pPenOld = pDC->SelectObject(&Pen1); pDC->MoveTo(100, 50); pDC->LineTo(200, 50); pDC->SelectObject(pPenOld); delete pDC; if(m_bTimerOkey == false) { SetTimer(IDT_TIMER_LINE, 5000, NULL); m_bTimerOkey = true; } } void CMyView::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { if(nIDEvent == IDT_TIMER_LINE) { RECT LineRect = {100-5, 50-5, 200+5, 50+5}; //InvalidateRect(&LineRect); OnButtonL(); }...