Graph from a PIVOT table: update not working. Please Help!

Hello everyone !
I have an question for experts : I am trying to create a tool to allow users
to see 1 graph the result of a table: let me explain the problem: the table
is a PIVOT table. So when I change the PIVOT table (= it adds different data
in a range of cell determined)
It seems working very well for the first graph (the graph is doen wih the
good data). But when I update the pivot table the graph doesn’t make any
changes (it keeps old first data). I have to redefine the source data
manually (the data series are good but the selection is not working!!) . Do
you know a way to solve this?  Or is a way to copy the pivot table value as
value only to another sheet ?

Many thanks in advance,
Marcus
0
Marcus1 (44)

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

Access Labels Maker Doesn't Work
Used to able to make labels from earlier editions of Access w/o any problems. Since updating to "2007" I wind up with messages popping up and little boxes asking for parameter values for Trim even though I use the Label Wizard and would assume "the Wizard" would/should take care of ninty gritty details. I'm a "user" not a developer or programer. How do I fix this problem so I can just print some labels? -- elderuser Open any code window and go to Tools >>> References and look for any marked as "MISSING". If you find any, fi...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Can I create an auto refresh pivot table for novice users?
I am attempting to create a spreadsheet that would be used by novice users to record their time spent at various locations. This information would then be printed and forwarded to HR for payroll. I can't rely on the spreadsheet users to refresh the data, can I create a form control or something to refresh the data before printing? ...

Pushing down updates
So I dont have to run around my office with a CD-R filled with the latest security updates and packages... I would like to perhaps purchace or download a tool that would push down updates from server to desktops. does microsoft offer such a solution thank you L.Prince I know they do and its a free download but you will need to dig around their website to find it as I cannot remember the locaiton of it - sorry "labuiacs" <Lindsay.Prince@Reedholm.com> wrote in message news:1AB3BD1A-5C15-4A44-BA4C-93FAADFE8D86@microsoft.com... > So I dont have to run around my office with...

How to create a help file
Could someone please tell me the best way to create a help file that can be used in a VBA procedure within a msgbox or inputBox? I don't know how to begin this process at all so full instructions would be great. Thank you, Rob If you're not interested in becoming an HTML/CHM author, you may want to look at John Walkenbach's technique. http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip51.htm (Remember that the only person who actually reads the help is the author <vbg>.) rob nobel wrote: > > Could someone please tell me the best way to create a help file that can be > used in...

Update Query and Too Many Rows
I have 700 records I want to update. When I view the the data sheet view of the query, it looks correct, but when I actually run the query, I get a message that I am about to update 800 rows. Why is it going to update 100 more rows than I specified? On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:34:05 -0800, mwilsonh <mwilsonh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 700 records I want to update. When I view the the data sheet view of >the query, it looks correct, but when I actually run the query, I get a >message that I am about to update 800 rows. Why is it going to update 100 ...

Update Pivot Table #2
Is there a way I can get my pivot tables to automatically update before I print the sheet containing them Thanks You can use the before print event You can record a macro when you refresh the tables, then copy and paste that code Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) 'your recorded refresh code End Sub It goes into ThisWorkbook (right click the excel icon next to the File menu and select view code -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brandt" <bsaxey@pridehomesofutah.com> wrote in message news:A1DE0F32-AD26-45B7-AB3D-CC921DB6633A@microsoft.com... > Is there...

update issues
I run XP and am attempting to run the following high-priority update: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) I cannot do so, receiving the following Error Code: 0x66A Help! -- IanS IanS wrote: > I run XP and am attempting to run the following high-priority > update: > > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for > Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, > Windows 7, and Window...

HELP!!! Control Panel->Mail-> ?
I'm running microsoft outlook 2000. I am not able to setup an outlook profile. I've tried Control panel -> Mail -> but I'm directed to setup an internet connection wizard. I don't see a profiles button. Help! You are probably running Outlook in Internet Mail Only mode. Only Corporate or Workgroup uses profiles. Do you need CW mode? If not, IMO is usually best for home users. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account wi...

Outlook DST update
Can this update be done at the server level? Or do I have to touch each machine? TIA Eric The OS needs to get its KB 931836 Feb. 2007 cumulative time zone update. Rebasing can be done either on the client-side using the Outlook Calendar Update Tool (aka "Time Zone Update Data Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook"), or as a bulk operation by an admin using the Exchange Calendar Update Tool, which in turn calls the Outlook Calendar Update Tool and rebases items for each user specified in an input file. DST 2007: Understanding what needs to be done and how to do it http://exchangepe...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

Microsoft CRM v1.2 Update: 840934 and another language
I need update 840934 for Polish language. ...

Data Source of Pivot table
Hi NG if i create a Pivot table with the Wizard in Excel 2000 and have my data in a ACCESS 97 table, where can i see the explicit Path and name of the database and the table that are concerned. if the place of the database changes, is it possible to write this change directly into to excel-File via VBA to tell him, that the refresh has to be taken from a different database. maybe the access-table-name could be changed also, on the bassis, that the structure stays the same. Thanks for helping Regards Reiner ...

Pivot Charts from Excel not to update automatically
Hi there, I have a pivot chart in Excel and want to copy this to Powerpoint. Copy>Paste obviously works fine but as soon as I change the pivot table feeding the chart, e.g. adding row data it updates the chart in powerpoint. How can I prevent this from happening as I want to copy>paste different variations of the pivot chart into one powerpoint presentation? As soon as I do this it updates all graphs in the presentation to whatever the pivot chart is showing at that time... Thank you for any help! W In article <D77A8CB0-C1C5-47BD-8401-6D6658239842@microsoft.com&...

Outlook rules don't work sometimes
I have MS Outlook 2002 and have created rules for various incoming messages. I have noticed that messages sometimes don't get deleted like the rule requires. Is there a limit on number of rules that can be run? Mike Mike, I have the same problem, but have been unable to find a fix. I reduced my rules to one, but continue to have the same problem, i.e. although the messages are sent to the trash, they are not deleted on exit (as I have configured in the email options menu). If you come up with a fix, I would like to here about. Thanks >-----Original Message----- >I have...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

Pivot table
Can I develop a formula that I can add to those which you pick from whe using the wizard ie sum, average, min, max etc Specifically, I want to add an IF statement to give me a 'flag' i which to summarize the data with elsewhere. The data behind the pivo changes (sales data) and I am trying to flag new customers that hav never worked with us before.....once they have traded with us then the dissappear as they are now an old customer To -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no you can't do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Can I develop a for...

Putting data tables with charts
I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bottom of a chart. I know how to do the data table but my boss only wants the totals, not the other detailed information. I tried to do a copy/paste but it actually adds the information to the chart and I don't want the information added to the actual chart. Instead of a data table, you could use one of the alternative techniques that Tushar Mehta describes here: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm Jaxxplace wrote: > I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bott...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

How do I get a pivot table to put data after each row/column.
I have a nice pivot table with data set up but it is in this format: PERS DTYPE Count of PERS Pct of PERS Count of DTYPE Pct of DTYPE ACE ZD 5 15% 3 10% For the boss I need it to look like this format: PERS Count of PERS Pct of PERS DTYPE Count of DTYPE Pct of DTYPE ACE 5 15% ZD 3 10% I am on a time limit so if you could tell me how to format a pivot table this way it would save me. Thanks, Michael ...

Access table data type selections
When creating a new database table I am not given an option for attachments in the drop down menu. Anyone know why and how I can correct it? I get the usuals "text, memo, date, number OLE object..." but no option for attachments???? Jim, Unless you are using the .ACCDB format you will not get that choice. Is that the case? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Jim S" <JimS@discussions.microsoft...

Using Collect Data with Related Tables
I am using Access 2007 & Outlook 2007 ============================ Let's say I have two tables. The first table is called Contacts that contains the following fields: ID (Primary key - autonumber) FName (text) LName (text) Newsletter (yes/no) Email (text) My contacts table is populated with 100 people and their corresponding information. The second table is called Survey and it contains the following fields: SurveyID (primary key - autonumber) ID (number - long integer) Q1 (text) Q2 (text) Q3 (text) Currently the Survey table has no records in it. The two t...

Resizing Graphs
I have problems with Excel when there are tons of graphs i hve to create with all the graphs being on one page. Having to resize all of them when they are all ALREADY different sizes is a pain. I know how to hold down the control key and select them and resize them all at once, but some or still larger than others unless i resize them individually. Is there a way to make them all the same height adn width some how? or is this just a dream? Must i resize all of them individually? I personally use an add-in (.xla) which includes the following code (you can pick up the size of a chart with ctrl...