Graph Data Values

I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen
against actual spend by a selected business area.

I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo
example:

If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th
graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe
and show the combined contracted actuals;  See attached;

and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven
ranges?

HELP!!

                 Attachment filename: help.zip
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55959

You could select the relevant data for all three companies, and create a
chart from that.
Then, select a cell in the table, and choose Data>Filter>Autofilter
 From the dropdown list in the first column heading, choose Custom
 From the first dropdown in the Custom dialog box, choose 'Begins with'
In the Text box, type Comp1
Click OK, and the chart will display the data for Company 1

To make the selection easier, you could add a column to your table, and
extract the company name from column J, e.g.: =LEFT(J6,5)
Then, filter on that for the company name.

mark curtis < wrote:
> I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spend
> against actual spend by a selected business area.
>
> I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections for
> example:
>
> If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want the
> graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Other
> and show the combined contracted actuals;  See attached;
>
> and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the relevent
> ranges?
>
> HELP!!!
>
>                  Attachment filename: help.zip
> Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=559594
> ---

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)
5/28/2004 12:31:14 PM
but how do i split the graph to show actuals and forecast combinatio
graph

If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns.

Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site:
        http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm

and the following MSKB article has an example:
        XL2000: Creating Charts with Multiple Groups of Stacked Bars
         http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=214119

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Make lines on a graph appear with a button
All, I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up o the graph at a time with the use of buttons. I would really appreciat a hand, I am very new to this level of Excel. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select all the data, and create a line chart Select a cell in the table Choose Data>Filter>AutoFilter From the dropdown list in one of the heading cells, select an item The chart will display the data for that item geistritter < wrote: > I need to create a graph with 40 or so lines graphed but only one up on > the graph at a tim...

XY scatter graph
How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? Hi, One way is to use Rob Bobey's free addin, Chart Labeler. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy gps tech wrote: > How do I attach dates to data points when the x&y values are not dates? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Grid Search
Hi everyone. I've got a grid of data like this (headings are color): ----------0-19 20-30 30-50 50-69 00000-999 9.47 7.12 5.37 4.77 1000-2499 9.07 6.72 4.97 4.37 2500-4999 8.52 6.17 4.42 3.82 The green heading refers to an average sale amount ($). The Blue heading refers to a monthly sales figure ($) The data within the cells are a percentage of service fee applicabl (%) based on the average sale amount and the monthly sales figure. I would like some help getting excel to search the grid when given a average sale amount and a monthly sales f...

Lookup data in other workbook
hi. i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook sheet. How i can do this. Thanks! Yes it is. You either link directly =[Timesheet.xls]Summary!$A$2 or evne use VLOOKUP =VLOOKUP(A1,[Timesheet.xls]Data!$A$2:$C$5,2,FALSE) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83CA8162-CA09-46AB-9CE4-0BD2B3EBE44A@microsoft.com... > hi. > > i want to know if it possible get values to a sheet from another workbook > sheet. > How i can do this. >...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Duplicating data according to Dates
Well, that's the best description I can think of anyway. I need help with a solution. I have a set of data (vehicles) that I have managed to extract a complete history for. This dataset shows the month and year of every inspection that was completed on the vehicle according to the location that it was at when the inspection took place. Here is an example: Vehicle -- Location -- Year -- Month Car1 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 Car1 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 12 Car2 -- Location1 -- 2007 -- 2 Car2 -- Location2 -- 2006 -- 11 Car2 -- Location3 -- 2007 -- 5 Car3 -- Location1 -- 2006 -- 9 My goal is...

Drop down list in Data Validation
Hello All Please can you tell me if it is possible to get the "1/2" symbol into the drop down list in Data Validation. Thanking you in anticipation -- Big Rick Where you want the 1/2 symbol to appear, press the Alt key, and type 0189 on the number keypad. This will be treated as text, not a number, if you're doing calculations. Big Rick wrote: > Hello All > Please can you tell me if it is possible to get the "1/2" symbol into the > drop down list in Data Validation. > > > Thanking you in anticipation -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &am...

Graph within a graph
I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this possible? Have you tried using a Pie in Pie chart? "Jen Kulak" wrote: > I am looking to have a pie chart show general information and then have > another pie chart show a section of the origional in greater detail. Is this > possible? That is what I am trying to figure out how to do. I know where the option is, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to enter the data correctly. "Barb R." wrote: &g...

Input value changing on refresh
Hi, I am working on a budget system. The user can apply a budget by month against an account or by year and apply a spread which distributes the total by 12 i.e. 120 so 10 in each month. There are two option buttons. One for by month and one for by year. There are 13 text boxes underneath running from left to right. The months start at April and end in March. The 13th box is the total. The bug is that when you enter data and choose by year and then decide to change a month, when you switch back to by year the total has not updated. The data in the months are correct though. When you...

sales graphs
How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? use a pivot chart/table in excel. You must create a datasource forst. "irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:260801c5113c$6dd4a6d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can I create a graph that would show sales/dept on > the Y axis and years or months on the X axis? ...

Putting data tables with charts
I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bottom of a chart. I know how to do the data table but my boss only wants the totals, not the other detailed information. I tried to do a copy/paste but it actually adds the information to the chart and I don't want the information added to the actual chart. Instead of a data table, you could use one of the alternative techniques that Tushar Mehta describes here: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm Jaxxplace wrote: > I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a totaled table to the bott...

Access table data type selections
When creating a new database table I am not given an option for attachments in the drop down menu. Anyone know why and how I can correct it? I get the usuals "text, memo, date, number OLE object..." but no option for attachments???? Jim, Unless you are using the .ACCDB format you will not get that choice. Is that the case? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Jim S" <JimS@discussions.microsoft...

code or macro that would save data then clear form
I have a form built that I would like to ba able to create a database of saved data from before excuting my clear reset macro. Example would be: Transfer data from my form, save on the next available row in another worksheet then clear form. Any ideas? I'd start on Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html and you didn't ask for this: http://contextures.com/xlForm03.html Japs wrote: > > I have a form built that I would like to ba able to create a database of > saved data from before excuting my clear reset macro. > Example would be: > Transf...

Resizing Graphs
I have problems with Excel when there are tons of graphs i hve to create with all the graphs being on one page. Having to resize all of them when they are all ALREADY different sizes is a pain. I know how to hold down the control key and select them and resize them all at once, but some or still larger than others unless i resize them individually. Is there a way to make them all the same height adn width some how? or is this just a dream? Must i resize all of them individually? I personally use an add-in (.xla) which includes the following code (you can pick up the size of a chart with ctrl...

Using Collect Data with Related Tables
I am using Access 2007 & Outlook 2007 ============================ Let's say I have two tables. The first table is called Contacts that contains the following fields: ID (Primary key - autonumber) FName (text) LName (text) Newsletter (yes/no) Email (text) My contacts table is populated with 100 people and their corresponding information. The second table is called Survey and it contains the following fields: SurveyID (primary key - autonumber) ID (number - long integer) Q1 (text) Q2 (text) Q3 (text) Currently the Survey table has no records in it. The two t...

Creating a Line graph
I have data that I want to put in a simple line graph: The data is A B 23 200 87 500 I mark the 6 cells, select insert chart / line and get a chart with both A and B labels on the x axis. I go to "select data source" and try "switch row/column" and get A and B as series names in the legend. How do I get the label A and the values 23 and 87 on the x axis, and label B and values 200 and 500 on the y axis please? (Congratulations Microsoft for making something that was so easy and powerful in Excel 2003 an absolutely primitive disgrace...

importing Data from access #2
I have been attempting to create a reservation planning form in excel that imports Data from an Access database and inserts that information automaticly into the correct spreed sheet and the correct cells within that worksheet. The Excel Book is made up of 12 worksheets named Jan-Dec. Each worksheet has columns labeled as each day of that month. Column 'A' is reserved for 19 rows named "room1 - room19". The data I am importing from the data base is " start date", "end date" and "room number". I am also importing " surname" which i have ...

Compressed Outlined Data Copy
I need to copy only the data that is compressed in Grouped rows and not all the rows when they are expanded. When I copy and paste the compressed data, I get all the data that is within the group, and not just the compressed data. For example: I need just the following (which is compressed): Ship $ Line $5,278.00 CYP Total $133,122.00 TI Total $34,660,135.00 Vic Total $34,798,535.00 Grand Total when I copy it (D2:E17, but only showing 5 lines because of the compression), it pastes 16 lines: Ship $ Line $123.00 CYP $44.00 CYP $4,444.00 CYP $667.00 CYP $5,278.00 CYP Total $123,124.00 TI $...

Update a value in an XML column
I have an XML field in a table and want to update values in the XML. Can somebody point me to where updating a field in XML is actually understandable? TIA - Jeff. "Mr. Magic" <Mufasa@NoWhere.Com> wrote in message news:ePwVdoR0KHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have an XML field in a table and want to update values in the XML. > > Can somebody point me to where updating a field in XML is actually > understandable? In what way are you trying to update it? I mean the standard UPDATE statement does the trick pretty easily if your update i...

Graphs on Forms
I am having a problem getting a graph to display the variables along the right axes. The graph sits on a form which is linked to a parent query. The graph's information comes from a separate crosstab query that is linked to the form via fields from the parent query. The graph fields are day (horizontal axis), race time (Y-axis) and race distance (series field). Unfortunately MS Graph automatically plots the day field as series and the race distance on the X-axis despite the fact that in the crosstab query, I have assigned 'day' as a column heading, 'race distance' as ...

changing cell value depending on list selection
I have a long coloumn of data which is entered by selecting from a dro down list (data/validation/list)i want a numerical value to b associated with each value from the drop down list. I would also lik this value to be dependent on another value in another cell. ie: A B C one build 1 two three build 2 Coloumns A and B are drop down lists and C is a numerical value tha appears only when Build is in coloumn B and the value depends on wha is entered in coloumn A. Hope this isnt too confusing! Thanks Rober -- Message posted...

Data Synchronization Errors
Hi, We are having an issue with a remote user using the offline versionof the Outlook client with CRM4. He has been having all sorts of issues with it not synchonising correctly, so we reformatted the laptop and reinstalled. When they have come to sync again it reports that 'A SQL Server error occurred'. This then gives the option of 'Stay offline and Fix', 'Try to sync failed items again', and go online and do not save changes. This only appears to be on a few appointments but seems to be the same issue as they had before the wipe. Any idea's what may be ca...

Corrupt Login
Help on 28JUL07 - I have Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2004. I have a login on my computer which has become corrupted. It has a corrupted registry file. XP cannot open it. So I am using another login. However, I have lost access to my Outlook data for my old login. How can I transfer it? "Andrew Davroche" <AndrewDavroche@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:902AB19E-04C8-47BA-B327-445817964610@microsoft.com... > Help on 28JUL07 - I have Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Media Centre Edition > 2004. I have a login on my computer whic...

joining data points on graph
I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be at points 1, 3, 7, 15 etc of the 23-point scale. At the moment the graph will only join points that are beside each other; how do I get them to connect to the points that have spaces between them? minihana wrote on Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:29:04 -0800: m> I am merging two graphs and one has 23 data points, the m> other has 9. The category axis will have 23 data points but m> the 9 points are spread out, i.e. they may be...

Monitor Amount Of Data Downloaded
I was wondering if there was any way of finding out how much data (emails) in terms of MB exchange processes/downloads on a monthly basis. On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 21:00:00 -0800, Stephen <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering if there was any way of finding out how much data (emails) in >terms of MB exchange processes/downloads on a monthly basis. Lots, there are 3rd party applications that take your message tracking logs and present them in graph and report formats Quest and Promodag are good packages for the large and small/med orgs respectively. Are there a...