Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do
is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want
it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a
simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems
like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do.

Try this...

Do this once.

Select the cell on the 2nd sheet
Right click>Copy
Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to
appear.
Right click>Paste Special>Paste Link

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"thermocorp" <thermocorp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to
> do
> is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I
> want
> it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a
> simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it
> seems
> like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do.

Hi,

In the cell in the first sheet enter this:
=Sheet2!A1
Change Sheet2 to the name of the sheet u want the data from and A1 to the
cell reference.

or

in the cell on sheet 1 press = then go to the required sheet and cell and
click on it then hit enter. This will creat the above formula.

cheers
Sklyn

"thermocorp" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do
> is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want
> it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a
> simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems
> like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do.

3.0 Case and ticket numbering
In ver 3.0 when a new case is created, CRM assignes a case number to the case such as SR-01484-OT9D. The email generated for new cases has a CRM number in the subject line such as CRM:00060060. If emails are sent with the case number, SR-01484-OT9D, in the subject line, they do not get posted to the history of the ticket. Since customers, both internal, and external, use the case number for referance, can some tell me how to make sure emails get posted to the case history properly using only the case number in the subject line? The only way to accomplish this would be to write your...

Numbers change to dates automatically
I have dot as a default date separator in regional settings (comma is a default decimal separator). Now, if i type in a cell e.g. 2.5 it becomes a date. Is there a way to prevent this change to date? I don't want to change reginal settings. Type 2,5 instead of 2.5 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Aa" <Aa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:107765F1-8B0E-4390-8332-D708D95C4FBE@microsoft.com... >I have dot as a default date separator in regional settings (comma is a > default decimal separator). Now, if i type in a cell e.g. 2.5 it becomes a > date....

ID inquiry about numbers in column A
Hi, I have 6000 id numbers in column A and I have had to delete some rows due to duplication. This now means those numbers which were in order 1 to 6000 now have numbers missing. How can I patch them up so that they are once again flowing from 1 to whatever. Thanks rock See other post. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "rock" <1940@pobox.com> wrote in message news:uNXC%234iIKHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have 6000 id numbers in column A and I have had to delete some rows due > to duplication. > > This now means those n...

How do I reference values from 200 worksheets onto a summary sheet
I'm using Excel 2003. I have a workbook with over 200 worksheets. (Each tab named for an individual in a group.) I'm trying to set up a summary sheet which needs total values from each of the individual worksheets. I'm using a macro which creates a Table of Contents, then sorts the sheets and the list, providing a link to each sheet. I expect new names to be added so the macro will have to be rerun occasionally. A separate macro places the sheet name in cell A1 of each sheet in case that can be of any use. Is there a way to get the total values from each sheet onto th...

Number Formatting Issue
Hello, I download a monthly report that contains all of our departments incoming call volume. One column is the duration formatted as 0:01:09. When I try to do a sum I get a zero. I've tried different formatting and text to column and have to resort to copying that column into Word then doing a copy/paste special as text back into Excel for the sum function to work properly. Any suggestions? Thank you!! Cathy Sounds like your cell is text, not a time (at least to Excel). To convert to a time: -- Enter 0 in an unused cell -- Copy that cell -- Highlight your durat...

grab a variable
i have a report that is currently using some code to grab a variable from a form for display on the report..problem is that the underlying data changes when there is more than one page to display, but it gets the same data from the same displayed form. hope this exaplination makes sense and somebody knows what i need to do to fix. tia, mcnewsxp i fixed by moving the code to the detail section. ...

Restart automatic table numbering in Annex
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use the automatic numbering of Tables and Figures when creating captions. This generally works ok (although I sometimes get numbering out of sequence when more than one figure on a page), but I've run into a problem. <br><br>I have multiple tables in the main part of the report that I want numbered in the normal way. I also have multiple tables in the annex to the report (which is part of the same document) and I would like the numbering of these tables to start from 1 again (perhaps A1, A2 e...

Report: Reset page number in new section
Hi. I am a newcomer to Access database and would much appreciate your help in this matter. I've visited the threads about resetting page number in each new section in a report and actually pasted the code into my database. It works well in a report, where the section is the field control of the source query, but it seems to get "lost" when, in another report, with the same code inserted (and duly changed where necessary), the section is the result of a format function (Year: Format$([Date];"yyyy"). The unbound control name ctlGrpPages goes from Group Page 1 of 3,...

Some Cells Not Working
I have a spreadsheet I'm trying to use to sort through data on. I have the data arranged in a chart and I'm using the AND command to sort though the data. The problem is I'm using the same formula for all the rows but only some of them work. Here�s the way the data is laid out: A B C D 1 1 2 1/4 3 1.5 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 1/4 1.5 =AND(A10=$A$1,B10=$A$2,C10=$A$3) 11 1 1/4 2 ABOVE FORMULA COPIED TO ALL ROWS 12 1 3/8 2.5 13 1 3/8 3 14 1 1/2 3.5 15 2 1...

Numbers V Text
I want to print out a document but I don't want it all printed out in numbers I want the text printed out. Here is what I don't want it say 223, I want to say =SUM(C7:C11)/15 I am sure it can be done via "Options" but I can't work out how. Jim Ducat Toggle the view to Formula View - Ctrl + ` (that's the same key as the tilde ~) MRO "James Ducat" <jd007f1618@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:x627b.16604$qK6.394@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > I want to print out a document but I don't want it all printed out in > numbers I wan...

QUestion regarding "Warped" Numbers
Hello, My current Excel Spreadsheet has a column of numbers that appears "warped". THe numbers lietrally look as if they start normal but get smaller toward the end. It's only in this one column. Anysuggestions as to what could cause this effect? Thanks in advance, Jack You can create this effect by progressively reducing the font size for characters going from left to right. Why would you want to do this? -- Gary's Student "Jack" wrote: > Hello, > > My current Excel Spreadsheet has a column of numbers that appears "warped". >...

Phone Number Fromats in Outlook
I am running Outlook 2002 on XP. When i used to enter telephone numbers for my contacts i used to always enter it preceded with a "+" as the international line opened. So, i used to enter the number as: +1-416-451-5222 as an example. Outlook used to accept it. Now when i enter the same number above, outlook deletes the '+' and leaves the number as 14164515222. TO be able to keep the "+" i have to type the number like this: +1(416)451-5222. Any idea what could have changed! Where is the setting that identifies the number format? Thanks. ...

Multipule Worksheets
How do you set Excel 2002 to open all spreadsheets into one document instead of having multipule documents open up across your toolbar? ...

How to enter Lot number after in invoice has been created
I have an issue with a client, where they have override shortage for the invoices they created in SOP, with the consequence that they did not enter the lot number for the line item. Now that they want to post the invoices they cannot post them because no lot number is assigned. Is there an easy way to link the lot number to the invoices, instead of going through all the invoices one by one. We are talking about hundreds of invoices to be corrected. Any idea how to solve this? -- Elaine ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

convert one drawing type to another
I started creating a logic model (type of flowchart) as a "brainstorm" then realized that format wasn't meeting my needs. Is it possible to convert it to another type of layout/drawing such as "organization chart" in Visio, or do I have to re-create it? You can use the Lay Out Shapes command (in the Shapes menu) to change the layout a bit. For anything more you would need to recreate it. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Merge cells selectively?
Win XP, Office 2003 I have a worksheet containing +- 900 rows. How do I merge cells in cols A to F ONLY in rows 1, 6, 11 and so on. In col A there are text values rows 1, 6, 11 and so on, the other rows, in col A, are blank All other rows to be left as they were Why would you want to do that? -- Paul Morga ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Morgan's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=519 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=136915 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Merged cells can cause lots of ...

Counting number of characters?
Hi, basic question but I am a really new user of Excel. I hope that somebody will help me. I need to count all characters (including spaces) in all marked cells. is there any simple way to do this? Thanks s. =SUMPRODUCT(LEN(A1:A10)) -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "first" <mail@snailmail.ru> wrote in message news:vt1gc3dd6pjn7cbvjfkd3ofhh83nihenj7@4ax.com... > Hi, > > basic question but I am a really new user of Excel. I hope that > somebody will help me. > > I need to count all characters (...

Gathering information from Worksheet labels
I suspect that this group is way past my Excel abilities and I hope you can help with an ongoing problem. In many of the workbooks that I have created, one of my worksheets is a tally of data from all of the individual worksheets. For example, if I have a workbook labeled Invoices, worksheets 1 through 50 would be labeled Invoice 1, Invoice 2 .... Invoice 50. Following Invoice 50, I might have a worksheet labeled, Tally. The first column of which would be Invoice Number, and the other columns would be extracted from a variety of cells from each invoice such as Client, Date, and Total. In th...

number grab
Hi I've been a bit stupid. I have about 6 columns of price data where column R is a net selling price. I've entered these column R numbers as fixed numbers. This is my mistake because I've added a formula to the P column which knocks a percentage off the R column number to give me my purchase price. What I should have done was to have the fixed numbers in the purchase price column P for the selling price column R to derive values using a formula. The other way round in other words. I really don't want to have to work through 650 lines making a note of all the formula dete...

Case number format
Hi: There are a way to change the format of case number (ticketnumber attributes). This is the auto-generated case number. Example: From CAS-01001-R4JCBU to INFO-01001 By the way What the meaning of the letter at the end of the case number (CAS-01001-R4JCBU)? Regards -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP You can change the behavior in the settings section - organization settings - auto numbers ... (sorry I don´t have the system right in front of me - this was from my mind) Best regards "Valentin PR MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP" wrote: > Hi: > There are a way to cha...

How can I filter odd numbers?
I have a table containing ids. How can i filter the table to show only odd id numbers? Alternatively how can I filter the table to show only even numbers? eg. 1 2 3 4 5 would become 1 3 5 Many thanks You could use another column: =mod(a2,2) Then filter to show just the 0's or 1's. Davie wrote: > > I have a table containing ids. How can i filter the table to show only odd > id numbers? > > Alternatively how can I filter the table to show only even numbers? > > eg. > > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 5 > > would become > > 1 >...

Excel VBA
Hi. Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet fro another workbook into another different workbook? If so....how? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try recoding a macro while doing this manually. And yes it is possible :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cjh1984 >" <<cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cjh1984.16x63k@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi. > > Is it possible to use VBA in one workbook to copy a worksheet from > another workbook into another different workbook? ...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

check if a number is integer or fraction
how to creat formela to find out if A1 ( for example ) is integer or fraction ? =A1=INT(A1) will be true for integers, false otherwise. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200776 ...

Version number
Is there a way that you can tell what version the database is? (either 1.0 or 1.2) I need to backout the 1.2 upgrade and restore the 1.0 databases. I did the upgrade at about the same time as the SQL backups. I want to restore those backups ans see what versions they are Thanks! Hi Jeff, check the BuildVersion table. CRM 1.2 is build 3297 Mike "Jeff B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74BB341A-1C90-4F34-9C33-F562DD2E3766@microsoft.com... > Is there a way that you can tell what version the database is? (either 1.0 or 1.2) I need to backout t...