Goto / Name Box

Hi Group,

How do I increase the width of the aforementioned? or is it even possible?

Some of my range names are quite long and the current width makes it
difficult to figure out which are which, for example:

PHOTOGRAPHIC - Courses
PHOTOGRAPHIC - Libraries
PHOTOGRAPHIC - Fulfillment

etc, all show as PHOTOGRA...

TIA, Ron

--
Regards, Ron

=================================
www.MinsterEbooks.co.uk the ebook site
with a difference. Samples - "Try Before
You Buy", Some ebooks in hardcopy
are avauilable on ebay ID: ronwood50.
================================

0
Ron

I have not heard of a way to increase the Go To dialog window.

But hang in, someone may have written some code to do so similar to Robert
Gelb's namebox resizer found at.

http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=Source/src_excel_namebox.htm

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:25:43 -0000, "Ron Wood" <ronwood50@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi Group,
>
>How do I increase the width of the aforementioned? or is it even possible?
>
>Some of my range names are quite long and the current width makes it
>difficult to figure out which are which, for example:
>
>PHOTOGRAPHIC - Courses
>PHOTOGRAPHIC - Libraries
>PHOTOGRAPHIC - Fulfillment
>
>etc, all show as PHOTOGRA...
>
>TIA, Ron

0
Gord
11/18/2009 7:35:14 PM

>I have not heard of a way to increase the Go To dialog window.
>
> But hang in, someone may have written some code to do so similar to Robert
> Gelb's namebox resizer found at.
>
> http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=Source/src_excel_namebox.htm
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

Thanks Gordo it looks as if that will do the job, will try it later.

Ron

0
Ron
11/19/2009 6:11:50 AM
Good luck.

Gord

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:11:50 -0000, "Ron Wood" <ronwood50@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:

>> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:25:43 -0000, "Ron Wood" <ronwood50@tiscali.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Group,
>>>
>>>How do I increase the width of the aforementioned? or is it even possible?
>>>
>>>Some of my range names are quite long and the current width makes it
>>>difficult to figure out which are which, for example:
>>>
>>>PHOTOGRAPHIC - Courses
>>>PHOTOGRAPHIC - Libraries
>>>PHOTOGRAPHIC - Fulfillment
>>>
>>>etc, all show as PHOTOGRA...
>>>
>>>TIA, Ron
>>

>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>>I have not heard of a way to increase the Go To dialog window.
>>
>> But hang in, someone may have written some code to do so similar to Robert
>> Gelb's namebox resizer found at.
>>
>> http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=Source/src_excel_namebox.htm
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>

>Thanks Gordo it looks as if that will do the job, will try it later.
>
>Ron

0
Gord
> Good luck.
>
> Gord
>
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:11:50 -0000, "Ron Wood" <ronwood50@tiscali.co.uk>
> wrote:

>>"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message
>>>I have not heard of a way to increase the Go To dialog window.
>>>
>>> But hang in, someone may have written some code to do so similar to
>>> Robert
>>> Gelb's namebox resizer found at.
>>>
>>> http://www.vbrad.com/pf.asp?p=Source/src_excel_namebox.htm
>>>

>>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>>

>>Thanks Gordo it looks as if that will do the job, will try it later.
>>
>>Ron

Works a treat, thanks Gord.

0
Ron
11/21/2009 3:27:11 PM
Good to hear.

Thanks for the feedback and to Robert Gelb for the code.

Gord

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 15:27:11 -0000, "Ron Wood" <ronwood50@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:

>Works a treat, thanks Gord.

0
Gord

Naming worksheets...
I open a workbook each month with a sheet for each day of the month. Is there an easy way to name the sheets such as 4.02.05,4.03.05,4.04.05 etc? Thanks, Tom Tom, You'd need to use VBA code to automate this. Sub RenameSheets() Dim N As Long For N = 1 To 31 If N > Worksheets.Count Then Exit For End If Worksheets(N).Name = "4." & Format(N, "00") & ".05" Next N End Sub -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "tojo107" <toj...

Can't open a file and save under a different name
If I open an existing file and try to save under a different name I get an error message saying the folder isn't accessible. The folder may be located in an unavailabe location, protected with a password or the file name contains an a / or \. These are not password protected files. I can save any other document and rename it (AutoCAD for example), but not in Word or Excel. If you installed Windows update KB885250 "MS05-011: Vulnerability in server message block could allow remote code execution", try uninstalling KB885250 in Start | Control Panel | Add/Remove Progra...

Macro to goto the next availible
I need a macro that will start at one sheet and then go to the next sheet that has B1 as a blank cell. I have several sheets before this one and want it to check each sheet beginning with sheet "01-08-09" until it reaches sheet "31-08-09" Can anyone help with this? -- Ed Davis And after it finds that empty cell, just stop there and select it? If yes: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim dCtr As Date Dim StartDate As Date Dim TestWks As Worksheet Dim DateStr As String Dim FoundIt As Boolean StartDate = DateSerial(2009, 8, 1) Fou...

Setting up Exchange 2003 with my domain name
Hello. I have a server running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Exchange Server 2003 running also. I have a domain name that I would like to use with Exchange, but I don't know how to get Exchange to work with my domain and handle my e-mail. Could anyone please help? Thanks! Aaron Email addresses: These are generated by Recipient Policy. Let's call your domain name a "registered domain name" - it does need to be registered with a domain registrar for internet senders to be able to send you mail. 1. Is your AD using the registered domain? If yes, the default Recipi...

Convert names into initial caps
Hi there, I have a column of names like SANDRA, JIM that I would like to convert to Sandra, Jim etc but I don't know how to do it and there are 3500 of them. Is there anyway to do this without retyping them? Any help would be great. Thanks Connie Insert a column next to your data. In that column, enter the formula =PROPER(A1) and copy down as far as you need to go. Then, select those cells, copy them, select the first original cell, go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and choose the Values option. You could also use a VBA macro. Sub AAA() Dim Rng As Range For Each Rng...

Can I change my profile name without causing any damage to my files
Hello: Can I change my profile name without causing any damage to my files. Thank you Sure, just go to control panel and create a new profile, name it anything that you want. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Douse asked: | Hello: | Can I change my profile name without causing any damage | to my files. | | Thank you ...

Where to key in Agent Name and agent code in sales transaction ent
Hi, I need to key in Agent name and Agent code beside customer name and customer code. Which field in the SOPO can I use? Thks. SalespeersonID perhaps? If tht does not suit your need, you could use a User-defined field. Otherwise you may have to use something like Extender. HS -- www.DynExtra.com A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more Current member count: 40 -------------------------------------------- Share your knowledge. Add your favorite questions and answers Help add questions to this site! We want Your input. --------------------...

ThreadProc name and Class Name
Hello All, I want to print on the debug window the threadpoc name while creating the new thread. I want to store the thread id and thread proc and then ensure while shutting down the application that, all the threads are exited properly since most of the threads are not exited and resulted into the memory leak. Code for starting a thread! pWinThread=AfxBeginThread(pfnThreadProc,pParam,nPriority,nStackSize,dwCreate Flags,lpSecurityAttrs); I want to print the name of pfnThreadProc and pWinThread->m_hThread. Also anyone knows how to get the class name from the object instance. e,g, Clas...

Where did the new look goto?
Everything was working fine with O2007, until I saved in the old O2003 format. Since then, Pub opens in the old O2003 Pub window. Pub is one of my favs and I have several templates saved. -- truckrwolf nevermind, i read furtherdown. -- truckrwolf "truckrwolf" wrote: > Everything was working fine with O2007, until I saved in the old O2003 > format. Since then, Pub opens in the old O2003 Pub window. Pub is one of my > favs and I have several templates saved. > -- > truckrwolf truckrwolf wrote: > Everything was working fine with O2007, until I saved in ...

Can one macro serve several check boxes?
I put several check boxes on a chart and assigned different macro to each of them. All each macro is doing is hide-unhide a specific column. Say I have ckeck boxes "Weight", "Length" and "Width". Assigned macro A, B and C accordingly. When I click "Weight" checkbox it calls macro "A" which toggles "hidden" status for column "J". So all macro have same functionality, only for different columns. I would like to build a _single_ macro, capable to know which control box was clicked. So, all check boxes will be assign...

Sort by Creditor Name in smart list
How to modify Creditor lookup window so when it opens, it is sorted by creditor name? Try the free module from Ethotech at http://www.ethotech.com/smartsort.html "hlv" wrote: > How to modify Creditor lookup window so when it opens, it is sorted by > creditor name? > > ...

Sorting names
I could not find an answer before posting so here an easy (at least on the surface) question. I have a user who created a column with 'lastname, firstname' format and now needs 'firstname lastname'. Short of retyping the entire column, is there an easier way? A formula perhaps? Thanks in advance. formatter For formulas and a downloadable workbook, see Chip Pearson's First/Last page at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:14:34 -0700, "formatter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I c...

Display Name Of Parent Contact In Custom Entity Form
I have a custom entity that records test scores for students. When I open up the test scores the title of the form says "Score: Unknown". I want to insert the name of the student in the form title. I know I can use the form onload event to do this but I could use a little help retrieving the student name. Thanks. I was able to find a reference in another post that helped me figure this out. If anyone else has a similar question, check out: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS6 "Bpro" wrote: > I have a custom entity that records test scores for st...

How 2 separate column of addresses into a colum of names and numb
Hi! I would like advice on how to separate the names and the numbers of an address written in one column into the name and the number in two separate columns. In otherwords "Kingstreet 23" must become "Kingstreet" and "23." Can anyone help with a function that can do this? Thanks in advance, Rochelle Hi Rochelle if all your names & numbers are similar to your example, then data / text to columns will probably work for you ensure that you have a couple of blank columns to the right of your current column (note, this process will split up your origin...

Check Names box is difficult to read
In Outlook 2002 (XP), when I have entered a name that may occur multiple times in my Address Book, I can click on the Check Names icon and it will display all similar names. Unfortunately, the other information, such as email address, is stuck out in right field somewhere and I have to shorten some columns and widen others to see it, plus scroll horizontally across the box. In Outlook 2000 I could see everything at the same time in the Check Names box. Is there anyway to resize this box so I can see what I need to see? Thanks. Unfortunately, no. If you are able to upgrade to Out...

Form Combo Box
I have a form with a combo box lookup. Besides bring back the lookup field, how can I bring back a 2nd field from the lookup table to the record in the form Define the combo box control as having 2 or more columns. Include the extra columns in the query feeding the combo box. Use the .column syntax to refer to the extra column(s) (look in Access help for details) -Dorian "hcz" wrote: > I have a form with a combo box lookup. Besides bring back the lookup field, > how can I bring back a 2nd field from the lookup table to the record in the > form Thank you but I have...

File Name Footer
I am using Excel 2000 in Windows NT. I have found the way to enter the file name as a footer. I would like to see the entire path there and not jus teh file name. I have seen it done but just can't figure out how to do it. Any help? Thanks in advance. Rebecca You can place this in the thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets wkSht.PageSetup.LeftFooter = "&8" & ActiveWorkbook.FullName Next wkSht End Sub If you print it will place the path in the footer -- Regards ...

? button in dialog boxes
I am using Outlook 2007. For some reason every time I click the ? next to the X in a dialog box it brings up the Outlook Help window instead of letting me click on an item in the dialog box to get context sensitive help. Is this normal or can I fix this? It depends on the application. Different programs implement help in = different ways. You've now seen how Outlook 2007 does it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54=20 "BBran&quo...

Goto inbox
How do I make outlook 2002 goto the inbox instead of personal folders upon startup? Teeny & Allen wrote: > How do I make outlook 2002 goto the inbox instead of personal folders upon > startup? Hi The location of mail is set at the bottom of the dialog page you get to by selecting Tools | E-mail Accounts | Next (View or Change...). Are you getting mail from Exchange, ro straight from an Internet mail account? Tools->Options->Other->Advanced. Change the Startup in this Folder to the in-box. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the ...

E-mail Display names
When writing a new e-mail, I select a contact in my contacts list, the display name does not match the contact. In the contacts file john_smith@abc.com shows a display name of "John Smith", but when I select this contact using the "To:" button, the display name comes up as "John Smith (Business fax)", or "John Smith (john_smith@abc.com)" Nowhere in the contact file does the above items show up. How do I correct this? Please remember that no one can answer Outlook questions when you fail to provide even basic information such as your version. --...

Pass control name from Access to Word
Novice Access 2003, XP I am on a subform that opens a document in MS Word and renames it. The user then enters or adds text to the document. When they close Word, I want to save the text that was entered in Word into a memo field in Access. I don't know how to pass the control name to MS Word and then save the text to that control. I don't want to use the mainform name so that the subform can be used in multiple main forms. ***Here's the control: frmMain!fsubPub1.Form!txtPub1 ***Here's the code on the command button on the subform: Private Sub cmdO...

Changing the sender name in email
We have a user whose email address appears as mike <mike@pierxx.com> when sending mail externally and appears as mike when sending it internally. We are using exchange 5.5, sp4. We want the sender's name to appear internally and externally as (e.g.) Mike Firet (I understand that the external email will still have the suffix of the sender's email address of <mike@pierxx.com>. which is fine.) I have modified every tab I find that is remotely pertinant w/o success, and have tried it on a exchange 2000 test bench as well. Can this be done. Thanks in advance. (TIA ...

Excel: Combo Box
Hi: In Excel, I want a combo box, which can control on each cell. How can I do that? Because after I create the combo box, then cell link is B1, then the combo box only control B1 value, I want it control all cell like this: ___A_B 1____Y 2____N 3____Y 4____N 5... etc.. How do I fix that? Thanks. Thanks. -- accessman2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ accessman2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27953 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474566 in another cell i use ind...

Spliting Names
Hello, I have a sheet that in Column A names come in "X, Y" X as LastName and Y as FirstName. Is there a sample that I could split this column into to keeping LastName in Column A and after removing "," put the firstName in Column B? -- Jeff B Paarsa Select the range/column needs to be changed. From menu Data>Text to Columns will populate the 'Convert Text to Columns Wizard'. By default the selection is 'Delimited'. Keep the selection and hit 'Next'. From the Step2 of the Wizard from the options select Comma and hit Next. ...

Is there any way I can find out how many rows in a combo box?
Hi I have a combo box that displays all the records in my database that match a record being imported, using the postcode. Is there any way I can determine, for the current record, how many rows are in the combo box. i.e If there are > 1 row displayed. Stapes Totaly useless example: Private Sub Form_Current() Dim Cb As Access.ComboBox set Cb = Me.Combo0 Debug.Print Cb.ListCount End Sub HTH Pieter "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189602453.888135.39110@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I have a combo box that displays all...