Go to section of all worksheets

I have set the following macro to unhide column Y in all sheets.

   Dim sh As Worksheet

    For Each sh In Sheets(Array("sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet3"))

    sh.Columns("X:Z").EntireColumn.Hidden = False

    Range("H7").Select

    Next

However, how do I also get it to select sell H7 and also scroll to the
top left of the workbook in all sheets?

0
forgetit1 (2)

One way:

        Dim sh As Worksheet
        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        For Each sh In Sheets(Array("sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet3"))
            With sh
                .Columns("Y").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
                Application.Goto .Range("A1"), Scroll:=True
                .Range("H7").Select
            End With
        Next sh
        Application.ScreenUpdating = True

In article <ccuj57$h3q$1@sparta.btinternet.com>,
 "FJDx" <forgetit@donotemailme.co.uk> wrote:

> I have set the following macro to unhide column Y in all sheets.
>
>    Dim sh As Worksheet
>
>     For Each sh In Sheets(Array("sheet1", "sheet2", "sheet3"))
>
>     sh.Columns("X:Z").EntireColumn.Hidden = False
>
>     Range("H7").Select
>
>     Next
>

> However, how do I also get it to select sell H7 and also scroll to the
> top left of the workbook in all sheets?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

Generating reports from an Excel 2002 worksheet
I'm a total newbie to Excel (and without a manual), and my boss has asked me to generate commission reports based on an Excel worksheet. Can any one tell me how to generate reports? I have Excel 20002. If that is all the direction your boss was able to provide, I think you should start looking for a new place of employment or a new boss. If you were a plumber's apprentice you would expect your boss to describe how to chase a snake down a toilet before sending you out to do it. I guess to begin you could load the Report Manager add-in which last shipped with version 2002. Tools&...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Likning checkboxes to multiple worksheets
How do you link a checkbox from one worksheet to multiple worksheets within the same workbook? The checkboxes were made from the control toolbar. I am new to visual basic and was able to connect multiple checkboxes within the same work sheet using a simple value command but now I need to link it to other sheets. Please help! TIA ...

copying worksheet including graphs to new worksheet
I have a problem with finding an efficient method of copying an entire worksheet including more graphs to a new worksheet without having to redefine each date sets in the graphs to the name of the new worksheet. Can I define date in the graphs to copy so they ar refering to the worksheet they are included in? If you use "Move or Copy Sheets" to copy a sheet to a new worksheet, any chart references from the original sheet will automatically be to the new sheet on the copy. I'm not clear as to how you are doing your copy. -- David Biddulph "leif" <...

Merging two worksheets into one to create a pivot table
Hello, I am currently doing a project at work which requires me to take tw Inventory Activity Reports and merge them into one so my manager ca use them to create a pivot table to show a month by month sale breakdown. The common field that needs to be linked is the Product ID I have an April sheet and a May sheet. How do I turn them into on sheet and combine the data without me going line by line and doing so? I simply want to merge the sheets so a pivot table can be created fro the single sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you don't have more than 65536 records...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

Combine Workbooks as separate worksheets
I lose column widths and row heights when I copy unto a new worksheet. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have four separate workbooks that need to be combined into one workbook but on a separate worksheet. I am using Microsoft Office XP, Excel 2002. Thanks, SAL Hi Sal You can use copy pastespecial (column width) line for the columns But there is no option for rows. If all the rows have the same row height then it is easy to do also. See also http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm If you need help with the pastespecial code line post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebru...

If Public Folders are going away..
What would be the best/simplest solution for a user requesting a group calendar to be used within Outlook. Ordinarily i would advise them to create a calendar within the Public Folders hierarchy and then assign access rights to anyone who needs it. I understand though that Public Folders will be history with the next release of Exchange. The only thing i can think of is to create a new mailbox, share the calendar, and then walk users through adding it to their Outlook folder list. I suspect this isn't the best way though. Any recommendations out there? All clients are running ...

Automating a Worksheet
I have a lengthy worksheet which requires a single numerical input on A1 and it produces a single numerical output on F30. It has numerous formulas. I would like to apply this operation to a series of input data listed on, say, cells M1 to M20 and to produce related results on cells N1 to N20. Is there a simple way to achieve this? A "One variable data table" should do this for you To get a quick n easy hang of using it/setting it up, here's a link to a blast from my past archives: http://cjoint.com/?dwamPHboMz One_variable_data_table_example.xls Inspiring? Hit...

Not all emails going out??
For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going out, or not going out to all parties I access from my address book. Just tested by sending one to myself...went fine. Sent second to a single party and cc myself. Did not receive my cc in outlook, but it did show up in my iphone. Tried a third to a group of people...through a single address book contact, and nothing happened. I am strictkly novice, but have not had this problem before. Any ideas??? -- Thanx! Wilson Kobel;110315 Wrote: > For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going...

Multiple Contacts Folders: can I sync them so I can go back to use
I got the bright idea of making 2 more Contacts folders so that I could be better organized. I decided not to use the old Contacts folder and instead was putting changes in the two news one, which would be used for different purposes. The reason I came up with this is so that I could get around using categories (temporarily) because a lot of them disappeared for some unknown reason. Any, now the problem is that in order for me to set up Contacts to be tracked in the Journal, I have to use the Contacts folder I initially had (the default folder), and Windows Mobile (for my Motorola Q)...

If stmt
I would like to create an 'if' statement which includes the condition if the statement is true, then 'go to' a new location. Is this possible??? How about a worksheet function: =IF(A1="asdf",HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet 1'!A4),"go1"), HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet 2'!C9),"go2")) (One cell) (I used two sheet names with spaces--just to show the apostrophes.) You may want to modify the cell's style to be hyperlink. (Format|Cells|Style) MM wrote: >...

Computer does not go into hibernation
In Power Options I enabled hibernation and asked the computer to go into = hibernation after 30 minutes. Well, it doesn't.=20 The complete settings are as follows: Turn off monitor: after 5 min. Turn off hard disks: after 15 minutes. System standby: after 25 minutes. System hibernates: after 30 minutes. What may be the reason of the computer not going into hibernation? TIA Humpty Usually something running in the background. Are you running a virus program that starts when the computer is idle? "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in messa...

Where do emails go?
When I send an email, it goes to the Outbox, then gets sent, but after that it doesn't show in the Sent box. Is there an option where to put sent messages? Thanks Scott G'Day Scott, Tools>Options Email Options (button) Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder (check box) -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia ______________________________________ ...

going to hyperlink closes workbook
Can someone help with this problem? When I click on weblink in excel, I go to the website, but the workbook closes. This does not happen if I have unsaved changes in the workbook. Thanks in advance. Bill I believe that this was a bug in xl97--are you using xl97? If I recall correctly, the workaround was to change a cell (to make excel think the workbook is dirty). (or upgrade???) billb wrote: > > Can someone help with this problem? When I click on weblink in excel, I go > to the website, but the workbook closes. This does not happen if I have > unsaved changes in the w...

Attachments go multiple times
Outlook 2002 SP3 Win XP DSL connection When sending attachments the status pane shows "task 1 of 1" and there is a progress bar. When the progress bar reaches 100%, the status then goes to "task 2 of 2" with the progress bar starting again. This generally repeats itself several times before the message finally moves to the Sent Items folder. In the meantime, the recipient has received several copies of the message. Anyone know what is happening here, and how to stop it? Cheers, ...

Bills & Deposits won't go away
I have used money for years with great happiness - until now. I am using Money 2004 Standard AU version. I have a recurring bill that I have deleted from my bills and deposits section, but it will not dissapear from the home page. It is causing massive speed problems everytime I use the bills and deposits section or do any cash flow projections. It no longer appears on my budgets, cash flows or bills and deposits list, but sits on the home page all the time. Now the last 3 instances of this bill are all sitting there. I have attempted to export all my transactions to another file and...

Autocomplete pop-up won't go away
I cannot make the annoying "do you want to enable Autocomplete" pop-up in IE7 go away. I am using XP Pro btw. Whenever I type something in the Search box (upper right corner of IE7) I get the annoying pop-up. I have Googled for the fix, have checked and set all settigns in IE Options/Advanced, etc...and even looked in TweakUI as well as tweaking my registry according to this site: http://www.internetfixes.com/question_and_answer/IF00345.htm Set IE Options / Autocomplete unticked everything, set History to 0 Days, nada. the pop-up remains. If I click NO when it comes...

Running macro when starting worksheet
Is there a way when you open a Excel Spreadsheet to automatically run before any manipulation of the file happens? Any help would be great. Thanks. C.Fillmore Two ways, Create a macro named Auto_Open or add the code to the Workbook_Open event in the ThisWorkbook code modeul. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "surveyorinva" <surveyorinva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAB3C72E-4D69-49D0-A621-363DE617A035@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when you ope...

Windows Cannot go to standby
Hi All, I want to write an application to find out why my system can not go to standby/hibernate mode (What device driver not support Power Management or What device driver cause the OS cannot go to standby/hibernate). Is there an API or Event Log I can read it from. Is there a PMTShutdown.EXE for windows XP or 2000 Thanks in advance Toi Day ...

Why is the Print Titles section grayed out?
When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is grayed out. Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. Or if you have multiple worksheets grouped and go through File|page setup. Cindy N wrote: > > When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is > grayed out. -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave. That was it. I was in preview. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. > > Or if you have multiple worksheets grou...