Go To an address specfied in a cell

Hello Folks,

Does anyone know how I can move the cursor to a cell, the address of
which is specified in another cell?
Here is the scenario.  I enter a list of hours worked in a specfic week
on a data entry sheet.  I hit a button and the values are copied to a
data summary sheet, the position depends on the Week No., the first
cell is specfied as the address "Data!29" for Week 5.  I reckon I can
handle a recorded macro to copy and paste the data but how do I locate
the correct start cell?
I have tried copying and pasting into the GoTo box but that doesn't
work.

	Data!J29

Week No	5

Sat	0.00
Sun	0.00
Mon	9.50
Tue	9.00
Wed	8.50
Thur	8.00
Fri	6.00

Thanks in anticipation.
Rob

--
WightRob
WightRob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13799

Hi Rob,
If you paste something like  data!29    into the cell address you get a very
explicit error "You must enter a valid reference you want to go to, or type
a valid name for the selection."

You can paste or type   data!29:29   or you can paste or type   data!A29

Not sure if you have one or two questions,   it seems you know where you
want to go.

---
HTH,

"WightRob" <WightRob.1x0mea_1129500309.9117@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Hello Folks,
>
> Does anyone know how I can move the cursor to a cell, the address of
> which is specified in another cell?
> Here is the scenario.  I enter a list of hours worked in a specfic week
> on a data entry sheet.  I hit a button and the values are copied to a
> data summary sheet, the position depends on the Week No., the first
> cell is specfied as the address "Data!29" for Week 5.  I reckon I can
> handle a recorded macro to copy and paste the data but how do I locate
> the correct start cell?
> I have tried copying and pasting into the GoTo box but that doesn't
> work.
>

> Data!J29
>

> Week No 5
>

> Sat 0.00
> Sun 0.00
> Mon 9.50
> Tue 9.00
> Wed 8.50
> Thur 8.00
> Fri 6.00
>

> Thanks in anticipation.
> Rob
>

> --
> WightRob
> WightRob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13799
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476658

Thanks for your reply David,

The reference "Data!29" is a typo, it should read "Data!J29" as in th
example below.  I have only one question.

What I am trying to do is automatically paste a range of values fro
one worksheet to a specified location on another worksheet (named Data
in my example).

The address of the start cell on the worksheet Data! is J29.  Thi
address already appears on the first worksheet (it's value change
relative to the week number).

If I was doing this manually, I would simply copy the data on the firs
sheet, go to the cell J29 on the sheet Data! and paste the data in.

I want to automate this with a macro.  What I don't know how to do i
make the cursor move to cell Data!J29 from within the macro.

Hope that clarifies it.

Regards

Ro

--
WightRo
WightRob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1379
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47665

How can i dived a cell in excel
I have a very large spreadsheet to work on and i have to have 2 colums one with a number and one with a name how can i move all the other names into a colum without having to do each one individually???? Hi maybe try 'Data - text to <columns' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "LauraCrosssan" <LauraCrosssan @discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:298EFEFE-CAE2-458F-96C2-CEF4F1C219F2@microsoft.com... > I have a very large spreadsheet to work on and i have to have 2 colums one > with a number and one with a name how can i move all the ...

CAsyncSocket:Get Proxy Address
I have a client server project, In the server I use proxy. I use CAsyncSocket class in MFC, and now I can only get server IP address, how can I get the proxy address? thanks in advance. ...

User Defined Cells counting
Im tryin to find out how could I count a user defined cells (6 rows) containing a string (ex. 2435 Smith Dr) using a formula. Currently, I'm entering the count manually and I know there's a solution how to automate the counting. If the cell is empty the value to be returned for that cell must be 0 and if it contain the string, its value is = 1..This is how I'm approacing it but it doesn't work using the IF function....Thanks I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but you might look at the FormulaExists function. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Co...

Formatt cell
In Excel 2007 I am trying to select an entire column to do the same thing for each line. Column c is hours worked, column d is pay per hour and I want to have column e be the total $ for that day. I don't want to add the formula =product(c3:d3) and so on each time to column e. How do I make column do this atomically each line? Thanks in advance. Bob. I'll answer this for 2003. Enter your formula. Select the cell. There should be a little box in the lower RH corner. Drag it down to the remainder of the cells you want to populate. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "bob b...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

How do I install and set up Outlook 2003 with a Yahoo address?
I am new to Outlook and I don't know how to set it up? I use a Yahoo email address and I don't even know if I need a the Microsoft Exchange Server or POP3. Would you please help with step by step instructions? Thank you Only paid Yahoo POP3 accts can use Outlook. Use your browser to access your free Yahoo mail instead. MS Exchanges are for businesses. You would use the POP3 setup if you had a POP acct. You get those thru your Internet Service Provider. "nudough" wrote: > I am new to Outlook and I don't know how to set it up? I use a Yahoo email > address a...

Copying locked cells
I have a ss with formula in locked columns and the whole thing protected to stop the formula being altered. When the user comes to the last row in which there is a formula she needs to copy this last row and paste into however many rows she needs to complete her figures. However the protection is not allowing the paste function to work. I know this is probably quite basic but your forum has taught me that I know very little about Excel. Maybe you could give the user a macro that would copy the row above (including any formulas). If you want to try, start at David McRitch...

Address book related
I am trying to create the birthday calender for my friends...they are many of them say 100. I know their namr and birthday. Can I create something like xml file which I will manually create with these 2 fields and then simply import it to outlook and it will update the calender. Once its tested on my machine I will share it with my 100 friends so they also can quickly update their calenders...is there any such smart way to add the entries in the calender... thanks in advance. Check out this page about adding holidays and such to your Calendar: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holid...

Restore address book
After transfering everything from an old PC (using Windows XP) to a new one (using Windows 7) through the "Easy Transfer" process, the Outlook 2007 Address Book is empty, although in "Contacts" everything has been transfered normally. When I go to Contacts Properties, on "Outlook Address Book" tab, the tick box next to "show this folder as an Oulook Address Book" is inactive. Any ideas how to restore my address book? Hi MY; have a look on this site: Contact information does not appear in the address book in Outlook http://support.micros...

Vendor card internet addresses
I have a user who has access to vendor cards, but security access is denied for the internet addresses on the vendor card maintenance. How can the sa give her access to the internet addresses? First of all, it's not an 'sa' issue. You can use any user id to change security through Advanced Security as long as the user can access the utility. Second of all, try selecting "By Dictionary" and navigate to Great Plains --> Forms --> Company --> Internet Information. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ellen" wrote: > I have a user who has access to vend...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Trouble creating new smtp address for user
I am trying to move an email address assigned from one user to a different user in the same OU. I removed the address from the original user and tried to add it to the new user but it keeps saying This Email address already exists in this organization ID no: c10312e7 Microsoft Active Direcotry - Exchange Extension I thought maybe since I just removed it I had to wait a bit to re-add that address...so about 40 minutes later I try it and same thing. I checked all the other accounts in that OU and none of them have that address assigned. I even did a search on the system for any accounts with...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

How to hide a cell if a formula returns no value?
HI again all, what I'm after this time is a way to hide a cell by using a formula. This is pretty much solely for formatting reasons so that the sheet can be cut and paste into word from excel without empty cells coming up. I need something like this; cell a1 contains "whatever is entered into cell a1" in cell a2 =IF(a1="",Hide cell a2,a1) not an overly useful example I know, but hopefully you guys get the jist of what I mean, Cheers, =IF(A1="","",A1) VBA Noo -- VBA Noo ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Change web address color in word 2007
I created a Word 2007 document with a number of web addresses in it - all in black text. I accidentally "clicked" on one of the addresses and it changed from black to purple. I cannot change it back to black!! This should be very simple - change text color! How is it done? Purple is the color applied by the Followed Hyperlink character style. It would appear that you may have redefined the Hyperlink character style (or removed it from the hyperlinks), but that doesn't stop them from displaying the Followed Hyperlink style after they've been followed. You can m...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Bring all data from a cell to a listbox inside a form
Dear all, I have a cell with data separeted by a ";" caracter, for example: Item1;Item2;Item3;Item4 So when I initialize my userform I would like that my listbox "lstTest" load the data in the cell (1,1) But I need the data in lines (the separation is the ";" caracter). For example: lstTest (looks like) Item1 Item2 Item3 Item4 Thank in advance!!!!!! Andr=E9. If you're using xl2k or later: Option Explicit Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim myArr As Variant myArr = Split(Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1").Value, "...

Default email address for contact
I just upgraded from Outlook2000 to Outlook 2002. In my previous installation, in composing new email messages, I would type a contact name in the To line. Outlook would default to the first email address listed for that contact (i.e. "email" rather than "email-1" or "email-2." With Outlook2002, I am forced to go to the address book each time and choose among the multiple email addresses for that client. Is their any way of designating one address as the default for this purpose? No. You were using the Windows Address Book before. The Outlook Address B...

How Excel converts % sign in a cell and use in formula
I am trying to figure out a formula in Excel that I know is simple, but it's been years.... =(B3+(B3*$F$8))*(1+$F$9) I understand about the order of operations and what has to happen first and the absolute cell reference. I'm confused about what the 1 is in the (1+$F$9)...the info in cell F9 is sales tax and is written as 8.25%. Thanks in advance for the help. -- Peggy Duncan, Author Conquer Email Overload with Outlook http://www.PeggyDuncan.com Worksmart wrote: > I am trying to figure out a formula in Excel that I know is simple, but it's > been years.... > > ...

Word 2007 crashes when accessing address book
I've reinstalled Office 2007 several times. I have even done a complete clean reinstall of my Windows 7 Home Premium and all that goes along with that. If Outlook is open all is fine, if not word will crash as soon as I click on a name to fill in an envelope or a label. As others have had this issue I still haven't found anyone with the solution. I have done all the usual like turning off all add-ins. Outlook IS the default mail handler, I've done the whole -- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data and Rename the "Data" Key to "Da...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

Enter date in one cell, and the week ending date [Sunday] appears in the "W/E" cell
I have an XL 2003 workbook that I enter the date an event occured in cell C7. I want to make another cell [C2]display the week ending date [Sunday], based ono the date entered in cell C7. How can I accomplish this? Thanks, Tonso =7-WEEKDAY(C7,2)+C7 Daniel > I have an XL 2003 workbook that I enter the date an event occured in > cell C7. I want to make another cell [C2]display the week ending date > [Sunday], based ono the date entered in cell C7. How can I accomplish > this? > > Thanks, > > Tonso hi, =IF(WEEKDAY(C7)=1,C7,C7+(8-WEEKDAY(C7))) -- isabelle On ...

address sorting problem?
I have a mailing list with the standard information; company, address, city etc. lots of cities and streets What I want to do is sort the names (within city) by address, but by street name before number, I want to wind up with: 1 adam st 2 adam st 5 adam st 4 brown st Not brown in the middle of adam Is there a way to "strip" a number portion off of the address column and create a new "#" column? then I could sort by "street"/"#". Thanks, Frank Hi yes, you can 'strip' the number portion off using two helper columns, say your addresses are in...

Windows Live mail Address limitation
I have a large family and need to address more than 10 at one time. Is there a way to get WLM to accept more than 10? Do you get an error when you attempt this? When does it occur? Upon sending? Upon completing the "to" line? Which ISP are you using (smtp server name will help here). This is unusual, even as an ISP limitation "Hershjohn" <Hershjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F868DBE-AE33-42F6-8A91-B2CFA360DD6D@microsoft.com... > I have a large family and need to address more than 10 at one time. Is > there > a way ...